• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Jo

DodgerSan said:
Screw it, you guys are right. Having been screwed over on pre-order bonuses so often (most recently Dragon Age), I really can't drum up any remorse on this.

Agree 100%. Thanks for the link guys.

KHarvey16 said:
Ah I see, yeah I wouldn't pay $100+ either. Although it does seem like this CE is actually limited going by the small numbers for pre-order at Gamestop. Also I think Amazon is sold out completely.

They're sold out of their initial shipment, but they'll get more. I highly question if any mainstream game will ever have a truly limited CE. I remember people trying to sell the crappy Fallout 3 Survival Edition on eBay for outrageous prices when Amazon was out of stock the first week or two. You can still buy that edition now, not that you'd want to.

Peff said:
Heh, I've just realized that Collector's Weapon and Armor is supposed to be a pun. Oh, well, got all that stuff even though some of it doesn't look very useful.

What pun?

nib95

Banned
Should have my copy later today. Just got too much bloody work to even consider playing it. MUST.FIGHT.TEMPTATION! Been dying to play this and all!

I downloaded the Terminus & the Inferno armour, considering I'm buying the C.E. (& have Dragon Age) I assume I'll be getting the rest.
Feel kind of bad for Bioware, stupid MS.

MMaRsu

So the Cerberus stuff is to combat piracy right? You know whats downloadable right now for those fucking pirates?

Blood Dragon Armor
M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle
Normandy Crash
Sentry Interface
Collectors Weapon And Armor
Terminus Weapon and Armor
Inferno Armor
Umbra Visor
Recon Hood

In one big pack. So much for that. It's funny that pirates get 'rewarded' with all the stuff that normal buyers don't get. Like all the pre-order dlc and all that. I won't be able to get any of the pre-order dlc because in my country, there are no pre-order dlc things. What a crock of shit.

MegaKungFuRadio said:
That'll learn you to take spoiler tags seriously.

I highlighted it, too :(
Can add me to make a trio of who highlighted it, :(

MMaRsu said:
So the Cerberus stuff is to combat piracy right? You know whats downloadable right now for those fucking pirates?
It's funny that pirates get 'rewarded' with all the stuff that normal buyers don't get. Like all the pre-order dlc and all that.

Not pirates really, second hand sales actually.
Because it comes free (except the two/three pre-order ones) normal buyers {that being said a large amount of sales will come from stores where these dlc bonuses are given} do get these.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Truant said:
People spoiler tag CE items, so it's hard to judge : (

Why the hell would items in a collectors edition be spoiler tagged? :O

Either way yes, it's somewhat annoying when people spoiler tag a piece of text without mentioning what it's about (i.e. if it's story and how far into the game, for instance).

MMaRsu said:

Blood Dragon Armor
Normandy Crash
Sentry Interface
Inferno Armor
Umbra Visor
Recon Hood

In one big pack. So much for that. It's funny that pirates get 'rewarded' with all the stuff that normal buyers don't get. Like all the pre-order dlc and all that. I won't be able to get any of the pre-order dlc because in my country, there are no pre-order dlc things. What a crock of shit.

Uh, plenty of people that are buying the game or already have it legitimately have access to that as well.

Apath

Locking out content based on when and where you buy a game is the most ridiculous trend of this generation. This won't impact the sales of the game -- just the number of pre-orders.

stupei

KHarvey16 said:
Muahahahaha it's working! :lol

Except it somehow seems like they might not have actually printed enough copies. I mean, I know it's always the case that everywhere ends up with extra CEs left over but so far everywhere I've tried to pre-order the CE with says they'll take the money on the regular edition but don't think they're getting many of the CEs in, if any extra at all. What the Hell, EA, don't you want my extra $10?

KHarvey16

MMaRsu said:

Blood Dragon Armor
Normandy Crash
Sentry Interface
Inferno Armor
Umbra Visor
Recon Hood

I don't know if its piracy so much as incentivizing buying new, since anyone who wants anything off the Cerberus network has to wait until used prices are more than $15 below normal pricing to actually save any money. These pre-order bonus things are just that really, bonuses. Cerberus looks like it's primarily for more substantial content.

ItsInMyVeins said:
Why the hell would items in a collectors edition be spoiler tagged? :O

Either way yes, it's somewhat annoying when people spoiler tag a piece of text without mentioning what it's about (i.e. if it's story and how far into the game, for instance).

The DLC was spoiler tagged earlier because one of them spoils an early plot development.

Somewhat annoying, perhaps, but it's still my fault if I highlight something and read something I perhaps didn't want to know. People are generally good about indicating the big spoilers, though. I've never read anything that took a significant moment in a game away from me. Not one that I ever had the context for, anyway.

SlickVic

Peff said:
Heh, I've just realized that Collector's Weapon and Armor is supposed to be a pun. Oh, well, got all that stuff even though some of it doesn't look very useful.

I'd like to think the whole Collector's Edition is a pun. Isn't there a pic of 1 on one side of the steel book?

MMaRsu

KHarvey16 said:
I don't know if its piracy so much as incentivizing buying new, since anyone who wants anything off the Cerberus network has to wait until used prices are more than $15 below normal pricing to actually save any money. These pre-order bonus things are just that really, bonuses. Cerberus looks like it's primarily for more substantial content.

Oh right those are the pre-order DLC stuff. And funny enough I didn't read the last page before posting that, and now I have all the pre-order dlc for free! THanks MS!

stupei said:
Except it somehow seems like they might not have actually printed enough copies. I mean, I know it's always the case that everywhere ends up with extra CEs left over but so far everywhere I've tried to pre-order the CE with says they'll take the money on the regular edition but don't think they're getting many of the CEs in, if any extra at all. What the Hell, EA, don't you want my extra $10?

It's EA, they'll print more and some of the people who missed out on round one will double dip. That way they get an extra $60.

londontko said:

The amount of sites picking up this story makes me a little nervous. I feel like the more this gets abused, the more likely they are to actually do something about it beyond raising the price to 9999999 space bucks. I saw this on CAG before coming here, to find it already posted. Now IGN, Kotaku, and effectively Gamespot through GameFAQs have reported it. Also the bastard in me is thinking, "This diminishes the potential market if I decide to sell my legit codes!" I'm a bad person.

stupei

MegaKungFuRadio said:
It's EA, they'll print more and some of the people who missed out on round one will double dip. That way they get an extra $60.

No way, I'll wait and double dip only when it's on sale on Amazon for $40! That'll show them!

... :(

2San

I just ordered the collectors edition(360). I bought it somewhere where I don't usally buy since they have a higher shipping costs. Paying 7 euro's just for shipping hurts. :x My usual place stopped accepting pre-orders, it seems the wholeseller is being anal, about how many CE's there are. Likewise with my 2nd choice. So it can be 2 things. Either the CE is selling like crazy or the amount of CE's is pretty scarce. I am from the Netherlands.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I assume the
Normandy Crash Site
DLC mentioned on the list is the one for that 11th party member. Probably his quest.

stupei said:
No way, I'll wait and double dip only when it's on sale on Amazon for $40! That'll show them!

... :(

I'm still waiting for cheap-o Night Vision Goggles! I missed out on $40 MW2 waiting for trade-in credit to process, so I might as well wait for them to get tired of the Impractically Large Edition stuffing their warehouses. I'm still tempted to double dip on Batman now that the shitty Batarang is "only" $60. I know everyone says it's shitty. I still want it :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
mescalineeyes said:
isn't the 11th party member
legion, the geth
?

No. The 11th party member is Zaeed or whatever his name is. He's part of the launch day DLC. I figure this is his aquisition mission.

Sai

Got 'em!

The
Normandy Crash Site
is the one that's available for free with that Cerberus Card, right? Shouldn't have downloaded that one...

I got the CE from Amazon, and the CE of Dragon Age: Origins sitting here as well, so I just wanted to get the DLC that was tied to other promotions--Terminus Armor/Blackstorm from Gamestop, and the helmets/visors from Dr Pepper.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
DarkoMaledictus said:
Thank for the info!

spoiler :

I went the other route with her, and she says she will think about starting a relationship with you, but before going on the last mission she actually joins you in your cabin. Once the game is finished, she still sticks to she will think about it, so guess its the most that can come out of it.

So you know,
All the romance plots end that way (before last mission) ... well, hold on, I have yet to talk Samara into a romance, but she left it open for discussion

Gilgamesh said:
Many places break street date.

I've had mine for 4 days now since EA/BioWare sent it for review purposes.

Mastah

"This item is not available for purchase from Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web."

Damn, I only could download 2 of them, but still :D.

Solo

Nice! Dont even get the game until tomorrow, but Ive got those 9 pieces of DLC. Did it 45 minutes ago, so things were all still up at that point.

Omikaru

Has the PC version started pre-loading on Steam for European customers yet?

Either way, the wait until Friday will be painful. I just hope I can get the game all downloaded for when it unlocks.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
EatChildren said:
I assume the
Normandy Crash Site
DLC mentioned on the list is the one for that 11th party member. Probably his quest.

no.
he has his own quest. Normandy Crash Site is as it sounds -- you explore the crash site for 10 minutes finding dog tags and putting up a memorial. It wasn't that fun to say the least

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Fuck fuck fuck - only the Collectors' armor & weapon would download for me, everything else says that it can't be downloaded via Xbox.com - was there anything else you had to do that was special or was I just too late?

Fucking hell if so - I was so damn happy to see this just now since I got nothing aside from the armor since I'm buying the CE...

Mad_Ban

Skilotonn said:
Fuck fuck fuck - only the Collectors' armor & weapon would download for me, everything else says that it can't be downloaded via Xbox.com - was there anything else you had to do that was special or was I just too late?

Fucking hell if so - I was so damn happy to see this just now since I got nothing aside from the armor since I'm buying the CE...
I'm guessing maybe MS found out about the error. All items downloaded without error for me before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom