• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

kai3345

Banned
So to the people whove played the game with multiple imported characters:

Do your decisions in ME1 REALLY have an effect on the story? Without spoiling anything, is it like "Oh, we'll put a generic Krogan here, but if Wrex lived it will be Wrex. Sure the story and everything he says will be pretty much the same, but it'll be Wrex and not some generic Krogan" or some bs like that?

Arjen

C-Jo said:
Ugh, now my girlfriend wants me to wait until the weekend to start playing so that we can "experience it together" or some bullshit.

Should I wait? Or should I poopsock it during the week and feign surprise when she's here?

Depends if she's going to deny you sex if you play it early.

Flipyap

Dax01 said:
Mirina Sirtis was in Mass Effect 1. I demand that Patrick Stewart be in Mass Effect 3!
And it was the worst thing about the original game. I can live with textures popping in and the messed inventory system, but this casting choice will always bother me.
Not only did she do an awful job voicing Benezia, it's simply not possible to make that woman sound like anyone but Deanna Troi.

I really hope casting all those celebrities in Mass Effect 2 won't backfire like that one did.

Flipyap said:
And it was the worst thing about the original game. I can live with textures popping in and the messed inventory system, but this casting choice will always bother me.
Not only did she do an awful job voicing Benezia, it's simply not possible to make that woman sound like anyone but Deanna Troi.

I really hope casting all those celebrities in Mass Effect 2 won't backfire like that one did.
Voice acting has been great IMO.

C-Jo

Arjen said:
Depends if she's going to deny you sex if you play it early.

Haha, nah. I just feel like if she's actually interested in a game, I should make every effort to accommodate her. It's not like this kind of stuff happens everyday.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I'm building me a nice PC (in the $1700 range without monitor/mouse/keyboard) for this game and BioShock 2. Bring it on bitches!

geinou

Neo Member
noisome07 said:
He's staring right at us :(

rac4n5.jpg

He looks pissed.

Has anyone actually checked the content with ME2?

SomeKotakuCommenter said:
Update folks. Don't even bother. Unless you download them through the Cerebus Network interface it appears that your wasting harddrive space. They must have a lockout requirement.

I bought Dragon Age collectors edition on PC and I have the cross-game armor, will my 360 copy of Mass Effect 2 honor that arrangement, or do I need the PC version?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
C-Jo said:
Haha, nah. I just feel like if she's actually interested in a game, I should make every effort to accommodate her. It's not like this kind of stuff happens everyday.

I personally hate playing RPGs with anybody, unless I'm playing to screw around, as they're always back seat playing whenever a decision comes up.

However, shes' your girlfriend and it could get sexy. Tell her to bring a space suit and go from there.

Flipyap said:

So true. So much so she ruined the character completely. Benezia is the worst voiced character in the game by a good clean country mile.

Gong

C-Jo said:

I reckon you should keep it back to share with her, its rare enough trying to get them interested in gaming, so take advantage of it :)

BenjaminBirdie said:

damn... i was afraid that the content would have to be verified with EA in some way.

crossing my fingers that the commenter is wrong, but if he isn't then no big deal as i'm getting the ce from gamestop.

ElyrionX

Ok, getting excited about this. For those who have played the game, are Biotics much different this time around? I remember the biotics power in ME1 were kind of lame since they all did pretty much the same thing. How different is it? I'd like to do a pure biotics main but if it's the same skills as in ME1, I think I'd rather go for the combat/biotics mixed class. Any opinions?

Sai

Capt'n Farrell said:
WHO THE FUCK DRINKS THAT SHIT ANYWAY??
I love Dr. Pepper.

Can't drink the stuff anymore though(don't drink much of any soda these days save for the occasional Sierra Mist), which is why I'm glad I was able to take advantage of this.

Like ten minutes before they took 'em down too. Wow.. :lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I was afraid that it would be tied to the Cerberus Network - since DA does the same thing. Wouldn't mind if some GAFfer could confirm it though... but otherwise, too bad.

MrCompletely said:
I bought Dragon Age collectors edition on PC and I have the cross-game armor, will my 360 copy of Mass Effect 2 honor that arrangement, or do I need the PC version?

Yeah. If you go to your BioWare social site, it should be unlocked for both PC and 360.

Daft_Cat

Just shipped. Should get this tomorrow. Excellent.

Is there any word on when exactly the Hammerhead DLC will be available?

Week one? I would kind of like to have the vehicle for my first play-through if it's coming up soon enough.

Truant

Truant said:
For those of you who finished it:

- I'm 24 hours in, and just recruited my final party member, the Asari. How much further do I have if I continue doing most of the sidequests, mining for stuff, etc?

- The derelict collector ship has been the absolute high-point up untill now. Does it get better?

- The menu shows vehicle controls, but I've yet to encounter any. Without revealing too much, is this still in the game?

ANYONE?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
cazosozey said:
^ I really hope its coming soon. When I heard there wasn't any Mako extreme off roading action, I got pretty sad.

As much as I hated the stupid mountain climbing and boring sidequests, there was always that sense of accomplishment when you boosted the Mako up perfectly and dodged the incoming missile or even just ramming a geth collousus and watching it flop about under the Mako :D .

NinjaFusion said:
I'm 100% sure they will put them up on the marketplace after the launch window is over.

Just as a point its like 3 months since dragon age came out and you still can't buy any of the pre order special items, I seriously would'nt hold out much hope for them releasing them.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
cazosozey said:
^ I really hope its coming soon. When I heard there wasn't any Mako extreme off roading action, I got pretty sad.

Similar. Since I wont be getting my copy until Thursday, if it happens to be out around then I'd be stoked.

I'm still not sure how it's going to work though. I figure if it has its own missions they'll be very short and probably quite minimal in the first release, which would be a shame.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
kyo_daikun said:
Just as a point its like 3 months since dragon age came out and you still can't buy any of the pre order special items, I seriously would'nt hold out much hope for them releasing them.

I could see that. People are saying that EA is definitely going to put that DLC armor up for sale at a later date because otherwise it would be like throwing away money. In reality they are setting a trend foundation. The more people recognize that the DLC will not be available later on, the more people who care about the DLC will be inclined to pre-order for later titles. They're basically training the consumer to pre-order their games.

It's the Gamestop approach to sales, really.

cazosozey

As side from the Hammerhead, maybe later on they will bring back the Mako and have a pinnicle station like obsticle course.
Including, but not limited too:
Ramming geth collossi
leaping off 1000 ft cliff faces
blasting dense groups of enimies
extreme rocket dodging

Daft_Cat

cazosozey said:

Agreed. I really hope its available on more than just one dlc planet:lol

Truant said:

Um well I can tell you that the vehicle controls would probably apply to the DLC vehicle. Don't think anythings drivable on the disc itself.

GuardianE said:
I could see that. People are saying that EA is definitely going to put that DLC armor up for sale at a later date because otherwise it would be like throwing away money. In reality they are setting a trend foundation. The more people recognize that the DLC will not be available later on, the more people who care about the DLC will be inclined to pre-order for later titles. They're basically training the consumer to pre-order their games.

It's the Gamestop approach to sales, really.

It is rather odd isnt it, understandably the collectors stuff should never be released as thats for buying that version of the game but the rest of it they could make a wad of cash for selling it, they just don't seem to want to...

Turfster

Truant said:
From what I've heard from people that've played and finished (curse you later EU date, curse you):
- Not your final party member. Also, they finished in under 25 hours with all major sidestuff done and a few planets left unexplored, so I dunno how much longer you have.
- The last section of the game is incredible.
- No vehicle section in the basic game.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Turfster said:
From what I've heard from people that've played and finished (curse you later EU date, curse you):
- Not your final party member. Also, they finished in under 25 hours with all major sidestuff done and a few planets left unexplored, so I dunno how much longer you have.
- The last section of the game is incredible.
- No vehicle section in the basic game.

In addition to what Turfster said,

My first playthrough was 28 hrs. The 2nd was 24 hrs. You pretty close to completing -- unless you are going to go to every planet and deplete them of resources.

- There's one more. I won't ruin it. Plus, there's Zaeed, which isn't that cool to begin with, so he doesn't count -- another "super biotics user"

- No vehicle sections, but there is one section where you aren't controlling Shepard but... well... let's leave that your surprise

Smash88

Banned
Did you guys hear that all of the Mass Effect 2 collectors items, everything was leaked on XBL. You can download it all for free RIGHT NOW!

http://achievementhunter.com/home.php

EDIT: Sorry not Dragon Age Origins.

Double Edit: Guess Microsoft beat us too it. Unless someone can try on their 360?

Triple Edit: Down. :(

Alucrid

Banned
Smash88 said:
Did you guys hear that all of the Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age Collectors items, and everything was leaked on XBL. You can download it all for free RIGHT NOW!

Are you fucking kidding me?

edit: It's all down.

Daft_Cat

cazosozey said:
As side from the Hammerhead, maybe later on they will bring back the Mako and have a pinnicle station like obsticle course.
Including, but not limited too:
Ramming geth collossi
leaping off 1000 ft cliff faces
blasting dense groups of enimies
extreme rocket dodging

Lmao, extreme mako action! But seriously, I'm hoping they'll implement the hammerhead by adding vehicle sections that you can scan (like anomalies) on already existing planets. I think that would be the better than like adding like 3 tacked on vehicle exclusive DLC planets.

On another note, for those of you who have the game: I still haven't decided between vanguard and soldier. The SMG seems like it would make up for the lack of an assault rifle, and the biotic charge looks so appealing. Which one would play better for a first play-through? Can vanguards ever specialize in sniper rifles? I need my sniper fix:D

edit: Just for reference, I usually played as a soldier in ME.

Sai

BenjaminBirdie said:
SomeKotakuCommenter said:
Update folks. Don't even bother. Unless you download them through the Cerebus Network interface it appears that your wasting harddrive space. They must have a lockout requirement.
Nooo!

Peff said:
Have you checked the helmets/visors? Or the Sniper Rifle?

Man, I was so happy I caught this too.

PSGames

Smash88 said:
Did you guys hear that all of the Mass Effect 2 collectors items, everything was leaked on XBL. You can download it all for free RIGHT NOW!

http://achievementhunter.com/home.php

EDIT: Sorry not Dragon Age Origins.

Double Edit: Guess Microsoft beat us too it. Unless someone can try on their 360?

Damn. Gaf disappoints me. This was posted 2 hours ago on that site. Thanks for the heads up though.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Agh no! For some reason I had it in my head that the UK release was 26th Jan, not the 29th! I had voraciously stimulated my hype gland
penis
in anticipation, now I'm feeling a serious case of blue-balls coming on... oh well, at least my other half will be happy, she can get laid this week now :(

EatChildren

Mad_Ban said:
So many dark strips I'm tempted to highlight... :(

Hold the line, men! Hold the line!

Alucrid

Banned
What the hell? I just checked my Amazon purchase of my ME2CE and it's listed to be here on the 28th. What? I chose one day delivery too.

Valtallica

Neo Member
I tried to reserve the collector's edition at gamestop but they said there wasnt one...am i going crazy?? I could've sworn I've seen it!

EatChildren

PSGames said:
Question guys: Bring Down the Sky or Pinnacle Station??? Both are half off this week.

Bring Down the Sky is pretty solid, and offers one of the harder end mission choices in the whole of Mass Effect.

Pinnacle Station is rubbish. Dont bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom