• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Caspel said:
no.
he has his own quest. Normandy Crash Site is as it sounds -- you explore the crash site for 10 minutes finding dog tags and putting up a memorial. It wasn't that fun to say the least

Cool, thanks.

So this along with the 11th party member's mission will be up on launch day?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Mad_Ban said:
I'm guessing maybe MS found out about the error. All items downloaded without error for me before.

Others are reporting the same thing - they fixed it since 7:00 am, i.e. an hour and 15 minutes ago.

FUCK.

And here I was thinking that I'd get them seeing as here in Europe there wasn't a single word about any of the pre-order armor. Great way to start the day.

geinou

Neo Member
Mad_Ban said:
I'm guessing maybe MS found out about the error. All items downloaded without error for me before.

I could download the Collectors' Weapon and Armor DLC. For the other items I was too late, I guess. Couldn't add them to the que. But the Collectors' Weapon and Armor downloaded without error. So... yeah. I feel a little guilty now. :(

_Xenon_

Banned
OK I just saw a screen shot from another site and I'm fucking stoned (not sure it's a PS or actually happened), can anybody finished the game confirm this?????

YOU CAN SLEEP WITH TALI????

Ponn

Banned
just snuck in under the wire and got those items purchased from the marketplace site and sitting in my queue right now. That was about 6:30am. Hopefully they still should be there for download on my xbox when I get home tonight then.

JWong

Banned
_Xenon_ said:
OK I just saw a screen shot from another site and I'm fucking stoned (not sure it's a PS or actually happened), can anybody finished the game confirm this?????

Something about connecting suit air... cooties will literally kill Tali, but you can have a relationship with her. I can also confirm you can't have relationships with all of them at once... which is a shame. I also think that you can't get Kelly into bed because it never gave me that option even though I was being super flirtatious. Although It could be because I hitched with Miranda early on.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Weenerz said:
You shut your whore mouth!

I don't know how the cover manages to do it, but the characters there look even stranger than the in-game characters in Oblivion. And look at Mirandas face. What kind of face is that, man? Has she been lobotomized? That's not the look of someone who's firing their weapon against advancing enemies! And what's the deal with the alien trying to copy Ben Stillers expressions from Zoolander?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
_Xenon_ said:

Don't read if you really want to know

yup. But you don't get to see her face. They block the camera with her throwing her helmet at the camera and with her jumping on Shepard. This is the romance I went with.

Meus Renaissance said:
I knew one or two of these voices sounded familiar, but damn at this cast.

http://visibility911.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/martin-sheen.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://trekweb.com/images/stories/4b211d15df9a2-1.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://tvbythenumbers.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/tricia-helfer-as-number-6-on-bsg.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://www.poptower.com/images/db/434/420/300/michael-hogan.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Carrie-Anne-Moss-Photograph-C10045328.jpeg[/IMG

[B][URL="http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/11/tricia-helfer-martin-sheen-talk-up-their-voice-roles-in-mass-ef/"]Video with cast talking about MASS EFFECT 2[/URL][/B][/QUOTE]
Mirina Sirtis was in Mass Effect 1. I demand that Patrick Stewart be in Mass Effect 3!

[QUOTE=Rhino]This comic reflects my own feelings about our new Krogan friend.

[IMG]http://imgur.com/WDO5M.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
:lol :lol

Also - tomorrow!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Solo said:
I queued them up an hour ago and downloaded them 45 mins ago...

I guess you got lucky to queue them up just in time then, because they never deleted the content, they only just blocked the free access via Xbox.com so you get it at any time after you've already queued it up.

I'm pissed off at myself because last night I was even thinking about trying to get up early this morning by setting my alarm to get some work done, and I just said screw it and went to sleep, and this happened - fucking hell.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Dax01 said:
Mirina Sirtis was in Mass Effect 1. I demand that Patrick Stewart be in Mass Effect 3!

:lol :lol

Also - tomorrow!

Just wait until you meet the new Krogan. BioWare did a hilarious thing with the conversations... but I won't spoil it for you. I seriously spit out my milk when I was eating cereal.

The comedy has been bumped up in ME2.

Ponn

Banned
Dax01 said:
Also - tomorrow!

TONIGHT GOOD SIR! Tonight at midnight! I'm going to watch Chuck then head down to gamestop to pick up my copy of virtual Yvonne at midnight. To play with...:D

Caspel said:
Just wait until you meet the new Krogan. BioWare did a hilarious thing with the conversations... but I won't spoil it for you. I seriously spit out my milk when I was eating cereal.

Why are you making the wait even harder for me?

Choabac

I accidently deleted my entire Mass Effect saved folder a few weeks ago, so I lost my completed game.

I just finished playing through it now, so I went to check for existing profiles and lo and behold, somehow my previous completed game is still there.

I have no idea where they store it, but it's not in the ME saved folder. :lol

I could only acess the completed games section when I just completed this newest saved game.

My old game had Ash live, while my newest one opted for Kaiden.

Ironborn

Banned
Skilotonn said:
Others are reporting the same thing - they fixed it since 7:00 am, i.e. an hour and 15 minutes ago.

FUCK.

And here I was thinking that I'd get them seeing as here in Europe there wasn't a single word about any of the pre-order armor. Great way to start the day.
yeah, i'm from europe too and only managed to snag the collector's armor :(
fuck preorder bonuses, seriously
what's even worse, different preorder bonuses for different shops, so you can't get them all unless you preorder the game multiple times
not that it matters for us europeans, we got fucked once again :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Fuck, I missed the free DLC :(.

Ah well. ONE MORE DAY!.

Mr YuYu

hmmmm.

I managed to get all the DLC in my dowload queue. But i will only be able to download down to my xbox tonight.

Will the items be erased from my DL-Queue or shouldi still be able to download then?

long live mistakes!

Ironborn

Banned
Mr YuYu said:
hmmmm.

I managed to get all the DLC in my dowload queue. But i will only be able to download down to my xbox tonight.

Will the items be erased from my DL-Queue or shouldi still be able to download then?

long live mistakes!
how did you get it into your queue? i just get a notification saying "this item is not available on xbox live pc marketplace"

regarding your question, you will be able to download them, because the items are still online, and once something is in your queue it's just as if you bought it/redeemed the code (90% sure)

Mad_Ban

Caspel said:

Why must you make the wait until Friday that much harder? :(

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Ironborn said:
yeah, i'm from europe too and only managed to snag the collector's armor :(
fuck preorder bonuses, seriously
what's even worse, different preorder bonuses for different shops, so you can't get them all unless you preorder the game multiple times
not that it matters for us europeans, we got fucked once again :(

I only know of ONE store for DLC codes and I didn't plan to buy from there anyways, and that's it.

I know I shouldn't be, but I'm still pissed.

Mr YuYu said:
hmmmm.

long live mistakes!

You'll be ablem to redeem them just fine, once you've confirmed them as purchased, you can redownload anywhere forever since it's tied to your account.

Mr YuYu

Ironborn said:
how did you get it into your queue? i just get a notification saying "this item is not available on xbox live pc marketplace"

I just downloaded everything via xbox.com. But i think that was like 3 hours ago. All the links seemed to be working fine then.

Looks like i was just in time.

Gattsu25

Banned
SPACECADET said:
Everyone keep me posted on when MS locks them down. 30min till I'm home and I can download, I'm nervous they're gonna cut it off before I get there.
Looks like they took them down

edit: late

kaskade

Has there been any word that the preorder armors will be available for download at a later date? I prerdered off amazon but it would be nice to get the other ones too.

damnit! Too late. I wanted to get the pre-order bonuses because the game is sold out everywhere where I live (Toronto) so I can't get them even if I wanted to.

Naeblish

Wow at that IGN review.
Pretty much everything that anybody took even the slightest issue with in Mass Effect 1 has been axed or rebuilt entirely..
That line alone. I have kept my self in the dark with this game, and i'm glad i did. I followed ME so closely and for so long i think it detracted from the fun i had with it. I'm so hyped for this now, 4 more days!

Ironborn

Banned
does anyone know where the following bonuses are/were available?

Sentry Interface
Umbra Visor
M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle
Recon Hood

the others are either via dragon age, pre-order, ce or cerberus network, but i never heard of these items before

noisome07

Banned
Ironborn said:
does anyone know where the following bonuses are/were available?

Sentry Interface
Umbra Visor
M-29 Incisor Sniper Rifle
Recon Hood

the others are either via dragon age, pre-order, ce or cerberus network, but i never heard of these items before

Dr. Pepper caps, I think.

Ironborn

Banned
noisome07 said:
Dr. Pepper caps, I think.
damn it, i hate this region exclusive crap
if anyone from the US has some dr pepper codes he doesn't need, i would greatly appreciate them
i'd give away my collector's armor code in exchange since i don't need it any more :D

Ponn

Banned
Ironborn said:
damn it, i hate this region exclusive crap
if anyone from the US has some dr pepper codes he doesn't need, i would greatly appreciate them
i'd give away my collector's armor code in exchange since i don't need it any more :D

I will have a couple extra ones if the DLC I just got from the xbox site works. I will let you know later and pm you the codes I have if so.

Heck, if this works I will also have a free Terminus Armor and Gun from gamestop to hand out tomorrow too:lol

noisome07

Banned
Arjen said:
The fuckity fuck? :lol

What the? I don't even..

Yep:

http://www.ea.com/news/dr-pepper-premium-downloadable-content

drpepper.jpg

Ironborn

Banned
Ponn01 said:
I will have a couple extra ones if the DLC I just got from the xbox site works. I will let you know later and pm you the codes I have if so.

Heck, if this works I will also have a free Terminus Armor and Gun from gamestop to hand out tomorrow too:lol
thanks in advance :D

Ponn

Banned
Capt'n Farrell said:
I've never seen this before and I think I just threw up a little.

WHO THE FUCK DRINKS THAT SHIT ANYWAY??

Edit: Shepard is totally dancing the pogo.

OH COME ON! You can knock alot of things in life but don't knock on the Dr. Or his crazy cousin Mr. Pibb

C-Jo

Ugh, now my girlfriend wants me to wait until the weekend to start playing so that we can "experience it together" or some bullshit.

Should I wait? Or should I poopsock it during the week and feign surprise when she's here?

MMKirby

Banned
C-Jo said:
Ugh, now my girlfriend wants me to wait until the weekend to start playing so that we can "experience it together" or some bullshit.

Should I wait? Or should I poopsock it during the week and feign surprise when she's here?

Will you really wait to play this amazing game? BUY IT ASAP.

Jord

Anyone ever pre-ordered anything from Amazon UK? I took advantage of the £29.99 offer, but I'm now starting to worry it won't be here for Friday. Is it worth paying an extra 6 quid for the express delivery?

I have stupidly booked Friday off work, not thinking it might not turn up on the day :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom