• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subitai

Always-honest said:
pretty far in the game now.
recruit missions are great.
i like how you can get to know the characters a bit better.
Didn't like the story related missions all that much, but i think i still have the big story parts to come.

fucked up the samara mission :( .. dammit. wanted to help her
and fuck her daughter
, but i guess i was too eager.

The game is really really good looking now and then. Some aliens look great. Some asses look better than great :p, but human faces.... goddamn.. that REALLY needs some work. Sheppard is okay (my version), but some of the other people.. Does that have to do with the unreal engine, or something else?

Love the sound and music.

still think the cover mechanic could be snappier. sometimes i press twice becaus ei think it doesn't react. resulting in sheppard standing up again and getting killed.
Yeah, it really ticked me off starting out, then I just adjusted, but I don't know why it shipped the way it did. Hope they fix it ME3.

Did you play ME1? The Samara thing isn't the 1st time Bioware won't let you have your cake and eat too.

there aren't as many story missions as recruiting/loyalty missions.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Playing through ME2 now for the first time. About 9-10 hours in.

I just completed recruiting the Krogan. Ended up with the super-soldier Krogan in the storage tank (I'm assuming it was possible to recruit the Krogan scientist?). Couple questions -

- Is just... ignoring the storage tank Krogan a viable option? I'm playing Paragon and not waking him seems like the Paragon action, since this Krogan was specifically created to unbalance things.

- If I do open the tank is there a reasonable Paragon path? I don't need to know what it is.

Side note: That Krogan mission was awful... worst in the game, so far. Maybe I just missed some dialogue or back story or something, but I literally had no clue what was going on, the entire mission. I was just dropped in and some people were shooting at me and some woman shouting over the loud-speaker and it seemed like my whole party understood the situation, but I didn't.

Subitai said:
Yeah, it really ticked me off starting out, then I just adjusted, but I don't know why it shipped the way it did. Hope they fix it ME3.

Did you play ME1? The Samara thing isn't the 1st time Bioware won't let you have your cake and eat too.

there aren't as many story missions as recruiting/loyalty missions.
yeah i did. but i got some in that game. and i'm pretty sure i'll nail miranda in this game :)
she bascily allready agreed she'd pay me a visit to get it on.

so far i got two members that aren't completely loyal. So fuck 'm. I' have so many loyal crewmembers.

I think i'm continuing the story missions now. I recruited everyone and i only have a couple of boring side missions that i think aren't important. Did some tedious scanning..

where can i upgrade my ship?.. or is that done autmaticly? i know i can ask crewmembers now and then.

Ten-Song

GDJustin said:
Playing through ME2 now for the first time. About 9-10 hours in.

I just completed recruiting the Krogan. Ended up with the super-soldier Krogan in the storage tank (I'm assuming it was possible to recruit the Krogan scientist?). Couple questions -

- Is just... ignoring the storage tank Krogan a viable option? I'm playing Paragon and not waking him seems like the Paragon action, since this Krogan was specifically created to unbalance things.

- If I do open the tank is there a reasonable Paragon path? I don't need to know what it is.

There's no way to recruit the warlord. You'll always be stuck with the tank containing Grunt. There's also no reason not to open the tank. You can get paragon options for telling him to join your team, and you get him as a squad member, and of course access to his loyalty mission. You don't benefit in any way keeping him in the tank.

Subitai

Always-honest said:
yeah i did. but i got some in that game. and i'm pretty sure i'll nail miranda in this game :)
she bascily allready agreed she'd pay me a visit to get it on.

so far i got two members that aren't completely loyal. So fuck 'm. I' have so many loyal crewmembers.

I think i'm continuing the story missions now. I recruited everyone and i only have a couple of boring side missions that i think aren't important. Did some tedious scanning..

where can i upgrade my ship?.. or is that done autmaticly? i know i can ask crewmembers now and then.
There is a terminal in Mordin's lab room that will let you do the upgrades, but you have to ask each team member what they can add to the ship if you haven't yet.
Jacob gives the armor, Garrus gives the guns, and I think Tali gives the shields. The rest of the ship upgrades are optional in terms of not having crew die to an under-equipped ship.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Subitai said:
There is a terminal in Mordin's lab room that will let you do the upgrades, but you have to ask each team member what they can add to the ship if you haven't yet.
Jacob gives the armor, Garrus gives the guns, and I think Tali gives the shields. The rest of the ship upgrades are optional in terms of not having crew die to an under-equipped ship.
Hmmm, I was wondering about this because the terminal in Mordin's lab will let me upgrade weapons, shields and everything else and I've only talked to Jacob and Mordin about upgrades.

However
I found the Tempest gun during the Tali Loyalty mission and it's not showing up anywhere in the Weapons Locker or upgrades. What's up with that? Am I missing something?

thorin

Darkmakaimura said:
However
I found the Tempest gun during the Tali Loyalty mission and it's not showing up anywhere in the Weapons Locker or upgrades. What's up with that? Am I missing something?
It's under submachine guns.

okay.. what the FUCK did just happen??

i was joker.. i got killed being joker.. suddenly the game warps back to the derelict reaper chapter.. where you get the raper info and destroy the core and bring the geth thing to the normandy...

what si this? a glytch?.. is this what is supposed to happen?

please help

Subitai

Always-honest said:
okay.. what the FUCK did just happen??

i was joker.. i got killed being joker.. suddenly the game warps back to the derelict reaper chapter.. where you get the raper info and destroy the core and bring the geth thing to the normandy...

what si this? a glytch?.. is this what is supposed to happen?

please help
Sounds like you had a glitched autosave or something.
When I died as Joker messing around, it took be back to the beginning of the Joker sequence.
That sucks anyway. Sorry. ><

Darkmakaimura

thorin said:
It's under submachine guns.
Nope. I checked it and it's not there. I also know I grabbed it during the mission because the screen popped up telling me I did.

Subitai said:
Sounds like you had a glitched autosave or something.
When I died as Joker messing around, it took be back to the beginning of the Joker sequence.
That sucks anyway. Sorry. ><

wow.. well. that's it. not doing that again. on to GOW3.
i'm mad as hell right now. game breaking.

edit: how far was i from the ending?

thorin

Darkmakaimura said:
Nope. I checked it and it's not there. I also know I grabbed it during the mission because the screen popped up telling me I did.
So when you look at the submachine gun loadout you only see the Shuriken? If so, it sounds like a bug to me. That would suck too, cause the Tempest is far better.

Darkmakaimura

thorin said:
So when you look at the submachine gun loadout you only see the Shuriken? If so, it sounds like a bug to me. That would suck too, cause the Tempest is far better.
Ah well to my disappointment, I just discovered that the Tempest can only be used by certain squad members. Looks like Shepard can't use it. :(

thorin said:
The final mission would have opened up if you hadn't died/glitched.

Sorry, but how did you manage to die on that sequence anyways? :lol
I actually died from my first time during this. I was went down to the right instead of the left path. :p

thorin

Darkmakaimura said:
Ah well to my disappointment, I just discovered that the Tempest can only be used by certain squad members. Looks like Shepard can't use it. :(
Well Shepard can, but only certain classes.

thorin said:
The final mission would have opened up if you hadn't died/glitched.

Sorry, but how did you manage to die on that sequence anyways? :lol
dunno...followed the path, big fucker got me and killed me.. didn't think i did anything wrong.

maybe i'll try it again tomorrow. have to cool down. just started on GOW3...
i really can't imagine how a fuck-up like this can happen.. anyway..

Cep

Banned
Darkmakaimura said:

I actually died from my first time during this. I was went down to the right instead of the left path. :p

Unless you are a soldier, you should be able to use the tempest.

Hyunkel6

Just beat the game. Story was meh, but loved the suicide mission and the ending. I didn't get one part of the ending though:
Was was the datapad that Joker gave to Shepard at the end about? The one with the reapers on it.

Darkmakaimura

Cep said:
Unless you are a soldier, you should be able to use the tempest.
I am a Soldier class so that explains it.

Anyways, I finished the game a couple of days ago but without collecting many squad members and upgrades
thus receiving the bad ending
. I kept a save about three-quarters of the game and loaded that up and am now in the process of getting all the squad members recruited, doing all the loyalty missions and doing most of the assignments. Without a doubt, this is the very best science fiction game I have ever played and probably the best game series this generation!

Always-honest said:
agreed on that. game is amazing.
Indeed.

It's been years since I was that engrossed in a game. I just hope it's not going to be a 3+ year wait for ME3. I'm also hoping that they've got a DA-style expansion waiting in the wings.

Always-honest said:
wow.. well. that's it. not doing that again. on to GOW3.
i'm mad as hell right now. game breaking.

edit: how far was i from the ending?
Have you not made any other saves? I've never just relied on Autosaves since Half-Life 2 screwed me over. About 3/4 in to the game, it autosaves literally a split-second before an alien whacks me when I have no health. Absolutely no way to recover then when loading the autosave - just died instantly everytime I loaded it. Really pissed me off!

Finally my paragon romanced with Tali, since my first playthrough was with my renegade and sexed Miranda.My renegade just couldn't be nice to Tali!! *sniff*

I liked how Tali was unexpectedly...kawaiii cute, blushing and so nervous when was speaking with you and definetly the dialogue was much better than the one with Miranda.

<3 Tali!!

Also I'm surprised at how many cameos you lost if you was a total bastard in ME1....but it was worth.

Monty Mole said:
Have you not made any other saves? I've never just relied on Autosaves since Half-Life 2 screwed me over. About 3/4 in to the game, it autosaves literally a split-second before an alien whacks me when I have no health. Absolutely no way to recover then when loading the autosave - just died instantly everytime I loaded it. Really pissed me off!
yeah i did. but not after the point that i got warped back to. it's just an hour of gameplay i think (or so), but still... sucked ass. it got me out of the game and i didn't want to play it anymore. I hope and i think i will play it again, since i was so close to the end and i really like the game.
In fact, i couldn't even begin GoW3 with the proper attention and fun.. so i stopped playing that to.

have to finish ME2 first.

Relaxed Muscle said:
Finally my paragon romanced with Tali, since my first playthrough was with my renegade and sexed Miranda.My renegade just couldn't be nice to Tali!! *sniff*

I liked how Tali was unexpectedly...kawaiii cute, blushing and so nervous when was speaking with you and definetly the dialogue was much better than the one with Miranda.

<3 Tali!!

Also I'm surprised at how many cameos you lost if you was a total bastard in ME1....but it was worth.

In Tali's romance the finish line is not the important thing, is the journey. So fucking cute! <3

Cep

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:

<3 Tali!!

This kept flashing through my mind through that entire scene. She is easily the best.

Most of the others are either bad or creepy.

Relaxed Muscle said:

<3 Tali!!

In the first game I kept talking to her over and over and was so disappointed at the lack of any romance options. So I had to put up with Ashley and her Tennyson.

Is there a secret to mining element zero? I'm trying to finish my upgrades and i have 100,000 of everything except element zero, which i have 179 of. I know it's supposed to be rare but is there like a specific system I need to go to or is it more common at the poles or something?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Aquavelvaman said:
Is there a secret to mining element zero? I'm trying to finish my upgrades and i have 100,000 of everything except element zero, which i have 179 of. I know it's supposed to be rare but is there like a specific system I need to go to or is it more common at the poles or something?

The cluster where you do Tali's loyalty quest has a TON. Also, highly populated planets tend to have a lot.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Just picked up the Grunt/Krogan. Man, that boss was easy, in a hilarious way.:lol :lol

At first, I was like "Well, I'll snipe her out." but then I got killed because I didn't realize she was sending Krogan soldiers running right at me. So on the second try, I was like, fuck this - I killed the first krogan that came at me, ran past the next, ran straight up to her, tapped Y to slow time down and unloaded an entire shotgun clip into her (FUCK yo rocket launchin ass, biatch!).:lol :lol :lol Took cover right after that, hit the robot with a couple grenade launcher shells & overload, and it was over in like, 1 minute.. :lol

How's THAT for a strategy, mo fuckas.

Rubezh

Garrus

xkmyom.jpg

21m9352.jpg

Dresden

Sai said:
Try it again on Insanity.

>:3
Eh, you can do it with a Vanguard. Lure the mech and Krogan to your side, then Charge and kill the bitch and revive anyone that died before taking out the mech.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Man Thane looks fucking retarded with those glasses. Jack looks okay. I wish they would patch it so you could toggle the glasses off. The costumes are badass apart from that.
I bought the costume pack on release :(

Sai

Dresden said:
Eh, you can do it with a Vanguard. Lure the mech and Krogan to your side, then Charge and kill the bitch and revive anyone that died before taking out the mech.
Now try doing it without letting your squadmates die.

>:3

But seriously, fight was cake for me when I finally found a good spot to keep my squad safe from the mech and Jedore's missles. My usual course of action with an Infiltrator: Take care of the four Krogran while wearing down the mech's defenses, then Jedore's, Biotic Pull her out of her lil' hiding spot, hack the mech, and let it kill her... Because it just seems right after hearing her men complaining about her keeping it to herself.

Hyunkel6

Unregistered007 said:
I missed an Achievement Revenge!, are you suppose to get this mission from Cerberus Network ?
Yup, it's for completing the loyalty mission of Zaeed.

On another note, what's the most effective class besides infiltrator (because I played as one on my normal playthrough) to play as on insanity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom