• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verapamil

Banned
I'm sure it has been stated multiple times here...

I am about 2/3 of the way through on PC, but I sure have gotten used to playing on the big screen with my TV. I kind of want to get the 360 version so I can carry over the character on the big screen...

Argh.

Meier

Woohoo, just won a copy of ME2 from Caspel on Twitter! Shame I lose my pre-order bonus though.. that armor looked so damn sweet! Small price to pay for free though. :lol

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Meier said:
Woohoo, just won a copy of ME2 from Caspel/Gamezoneonline on Twitter! Shame I lose my pre-order bonus though.. that armor looked so damn sweet! Small price to pay for free though. :lol

Lucky bastard, congrats :p.

Valtallica said:
I tried to reserve the collector's edition at gamestop but they said there wasnt one...am i going crazy?? I could've sworn I've seen it!

There is but gamestop stopped taking reserves a long time ago I believe, actually if I was getting one from them I'd be calling to verify because of that.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I wonder if the guy that posted the pics of the Dragon Armor as well as the Terminus Armor actually got them legit through the Cerberus Network with the actual codes, or did he get it straight from Marketplace? Because if he got it through Cerberus + codes, the Kotaku post about the downloads via Xbox.com being a waste of space may be true.

I guess the only way to test this for sure is when I get the game, go straight to the armor selection and see if I can select the Collectors' Armor without entering the Cerberus and Collectors' Armor code from the card in the game case.

If I get the game early, or if anyone else in here does, please check this for us.

Valtallica said:
I tried to reserve the collector's edition at gamestop but they said there wasnt one...am i going crazy?? I could've sworn I've seen it!

Dunno if Gamestop ever had it for pre-order, it would be strange if they never did.

But it's sold out like everywhere I believe.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I was sitting here, getting ready for class, when it finally dawned on me that I was about to buy this game for the 360 because of my old save that I don't care about.

Why in the fuck am I buying it for the 360 when I got a pc? Anyone know the requirements for this? Fuck.

sdornan

My Amazon order still hasn't shipped yet. I know it'll get here on time, but I just wanna see the "Your order has shipped" message.

Peff

Skilotonn said:
I wonder if the guy that posted the pics of the Dragon Armor as well as the Terminus Armor actually got them legit through the Cerberus Network with the actual codes, or did he get it straight from Marketplace? Because if he got it through Cerberus + codes, the Kotaku post about the downloads via Xbox.com being a waste of space may be true..

I don't think it was legit... the only way to play the game in Spain right now is through piracy, so I don't think a pirate would somehow have the codes for all of those :lol I haven't found pictures from the rest of the content but some people say they do work.

PSGames

Smash88 said:
Bring Down the Sky. Pinnacle station is garbage.

firehawk12 said:
Hurry if you're getting them, because it will change to Portal in a few hours.

EatChildren said:
Bring Down the Sky is pretty solid, and offers one of the harder end mission choices in the whole of Mass Effect.

Pinnacle Station is rubbish. Dont bother.

Thanks! Just picked up Bring Down the Sky.

sdornan said:
My Amazon order still hasn't shipped yet. I know it'll get here on time, but I just wanna see the "Your order has shipped" message.
Same here. I'm in agony..

I'm glad you can change your Shepard's appearence, now I can fix my Shepard's huge mouth and stoner eyes.

Meier

sdornan said:
Yeah, I had release date delivery so I was surprised it wasn't prepping for shipment/shipped yet but it ended up saving me some money so I'm okay with it.

stupei

Skilotonn said:
Dunno if Gamestop ever had it for pre-order, it would be strange if they never did.

But it's sold out like everywhere I believe.

People should just check out the prices people are trying to get away with on Amazon marketplace because of it. Last night when it was just one offer they had it listed at $250 for a $70 CE. :lol

Inferno313 said:
I'm glad you can change your Shepard's appearence, now I can fix my Shepard's huge mouth and stoner eyes.

My female Shepard has too long a neck. She looks fine in her regular combat armor but whenever she's wearing the simple uniform they wear on the deck she has a tendency to look just a little freaky. The worst is when she's running around on the Normandy and she starts turning her head and it appears to move independent of her body...

LiK

stupei said:
People should just check out the prices people are trying to get away with on Amazon marketplace because of it. Last night when it was just one offer they had it listed at $250 for a $70 CE. :lol
Yea, ridiculous.

Btw, my CE from Amazon not in shipping soon status either and I preordered in Nov. They better not fuck this up

LiK said:
Yea, ridiculous.

Btw, my CE from Amazon not in shipping soon status either and I preordered in Nov. They better not fuck this up

Ditto, but I've had an order not change status until 6:00 pm the day before and it still got here early on release day.

Same story with Amazon - mine is still in "not yet shipped" phase with a delivery estimate of tomorrow. I sent them an email yesterday and received this:
Hello,

I've checked the availability for "Mass Effect 2" and see it won't be released until January 26.we'll ship the Video game to you once it's been released and we've received inventory.

We don't charge you for an order until it enters the shipping process.

I hope this helps! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Did I solve your problem?
No, that did not solve my problem.

shepherdpunchingreporter.gif

Dennis

Banned
BioWare has succeeded in creating the greatest character design in years.

How awesome is Thane? So awesome.
But really, all the characters are very well designed, I think.

Yeah as soon as I saw Thane I wanted him in my party but then I saw everyone else and I wanted all them in my party also. What's everyone else doing about this? I was thinking Thane and subject zero for bald headed fun!

DennisK4 said:

He's pretty weird. He looks like a Turian wearing a green opera mask.

LiK

Cornballer said:
Same story with Amazon - mine is still in "not yet shipped" phase with a delivery estimate of tomorrow. I sent them an email yesterday and received this:No, that did not solve my problem.

shepherdpunchingreporter.gif
What BS answer. It's called release date DELIVERY. I also ordered Tatsanoku vs Capcom with release date and it's shipping soon right now. My friend who preordered the regular ver of ME2 is also shipping soon.

Looks like the issue is with the CE.

I can't get above 50 on my 1st playthrough in ME1, correct? Having that (and the fact I don't want to do side-quests except on my final run) - what lvl should I be before Ilos so that I reach lvl50 by the end of the game?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
zero margin said:
Yeah as soon as I saw Thane I wanted him in my party but then I saw everyone else and I wanted all them in my party also. What's everyone else doing about this? I was thinking Thane and subject zero for bald headed fun!

to be honest, Suspect Zero didn't live up to hype -- Samara had better powers to use and, had more badass moments.

Alucrid

Banned
LiK said:
What BS answer. It's called release date DELIVERY. I also ordered Tatsanoku vs Capcom with release date and it's shipping soon right now. My friend who preordered the regular ver of ME2 is also shipping soon.

Shit.

Stahsky

If I can run Crysis on very high (or whatever is right under max) will I be a-ok for this?

LiK said:
Yea, ridiculous.

Calm down, they can switch status really late in night. I've had stuff ship in the evening and get it the next day. It depends on your location visa via disbursement centers. I order from Amazon a lot, so I'm not just bulling you. :)

EvaPlusMinus said:
If I can run Crysis on very high (or whatever is right under max) will I be a-ok for this?

I think you could most likely run your own nuclear weapons program with a computer that runs Crysis at high, so I think you should be fine. :)

Dennis

Banned
EvaPlusMinus said:
You will be more than OK - you can smack some 8xAA on there - ME2 is not that demanding.

Swag

EvaPlusMinus said:

You'll be more then fine, can probably run with forced AA as well.

Edit: Beaten by a second, shi-

cazosozey said:
As side from the Hammerhead, maybe later on they will bring back the Mako and have a pinnicle station like obsticle course.
Including, but not limited too:
Ramming geth collossi
leaping off 1000 ft cliff faces
blasting dense groups of enimies
extreme rocket dodging

"THOSE MAKO TIRES AIN'T FREE, SHEPARD."

LiK

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Calm down, they can switch status really late in night. I've had stuff ship in the evening and get it the next day. It depends on your location visa via disbursement centers. I order from Amazon a lot, so I'm not just bulling you. :)
I order a ton of shit from Amazon too. You're not special.

zomboid

sdornan said:
"We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed."

My Amazon order says that too. I have never been this excited for a game release!!!

My plan is to play this one like I did the first: First run-through with default Shepard as a Soldier, Han Solo morality compass, and trying to stick mostly to the main plot & logical sidequests (although this time I may opt to add a pencil-thin moustache and try to Casanova all the ladies). Second run through (ten times more fun) with a vampy renegade female Shepard Vanguard and go exploration and side quest crazy.

I never really minded the shooting aspects of the first game because bringing up the wheel (and freezing time) allowed me to adjust my aim very precisely and lead my targets (which seemed like an RPG combat concession - best of both worlds in a sense). I'm hoping you can still look around when time is frozen in the wheel pause.

Stahsky

DennisK4 said:
You will be more than OK - you can smack some 8xAA on there - ME2 is not that demanding.

oh man oh man, super excited.

One last question, should I bother with the CE on amazon, or just give up and grab it on steam? For any ship on date vets here willing to help me out on this stressful day of waiting for amazing video game-ness.

Sanchito

My apologies if this has already been asked. I've read this thread on and off for as long as it's been up.. but I haven't read every page. But does either of the DLC from ME1 have an effect in ME2? I am playing through again and I don't feel like doing the DLC again if I don't have to!

Thanks in advance!

Peff

There ARE problems with the CE. They've been delaying it to February 4th in some countries of Europe because apparently many of them had a printing error. If it's anything like Dragon Age, the CEs are actually a single edition worldwide (everything is in English everywhere in the world even though the vanilla edition has a translated instruction booklet), so I guess they don't have enough good copies.

EDIT: ^They've hinted that the answer to that is yes, at least Bring Down the Sky.

LiK said:

My CE just switched to "Shipping soon"

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Peff said:
I don't think it was legit... the only way to play the game in Spain right now is through piracy, so I don't think a pirate would somehow have the codes for all of those :lol I haven't found pictures from the rest of the content but some people say they do work.

Hmmmm.

Okay, thanks - no chance that that guy could be a reviewer though?

DennisK4 said:

I really love his design, voice and character myself as well - Bioware did a hell of a job with him.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Castor Krieg said:
I can't get above 50 on my 1st playthrough in ME1, correct? Having that (and the fact I don't want to do side-quests except on my final run) - what lvl should I be before Ilos so that I reach lvl50 by the end of the game?

You can get to Level 50 on Playthrough 1. Especially if you have the DLC. I actually reached level 50 very early on in Virmire, and so all the rest of the game was XP-less. I was so sad.

Peff said:
There ARE problems with the CE. They've been delaying it to February 4th in some countries of Europe because apparently many of them had a printing error. If it's anything like Dragon Age, the CEs are actually a single edition worldwide (everything is in English everywhere in the world even though the vanilla edition has a translated instruction booklet), so I guess they don't have enough good copies.

EDIT: ^They've hinted that the answer to that is yes, at least Bring Down the Sky.

That is the case in Poland, however after EA Poland screwed up with CE of DA:O this time they are shipping it early without the artbook to meet the release date, which will be delivered later to people who bought the CE.

sdornan

EvaPlusMinus said:
oh man oh man, super excited.

One last question, should I bother with the CE on amazon, or just give up and grab it on steam? For any ship on date vets here willing to help me out on this stressful day of waiting for amazing video game-ness.

In my opinion, I'd forgo the collector's edition. Though I'm biased because I never feel that the collector's edition is worth the extra money. And I'm a hell of a collector too, with 68 Xbox 360 games, most of which were bought at full price. :p

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Wait, they had all the DLC up for free, and I missed it?

Fuck.

Well, at least this means the likelihood of it showing up on the marketplace after the release window has risen significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom