• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I'm sure this should've been posted by now, but hell people still post about the free dlc ( ZOMG ITS NOT FREE ANYMORE?! ) so I might as well post this potentially old videoreview

IGN VideoReview 9.6

Link

Lunchbox

Banned
The_DIMD said:
I'm going to have an all Krogan squad... me, Wrex, and the new dude... and I'll piss off both of them since I'm an angel in the game :lol ... I can just imagine the hilarity... TUESDAY! COME NOW!

confirmed in the squad? please say yes?

Rhino said:
Damn it I can't believe the Steam version doesn't unlock till Noon tomorrow......

PDXRo.jpg

Can someone explain why doesn't Steam use Midnight timezone unlocks? I can't imagine time zones can't be locked just like regions. It's also not like retailers don't get to do Midnight openings.

LiK

The DLC all work? FU guys :lol

I'll get them all anyways since I preordered, but I wouldn't have minded selling extra codes on eBay

styl3s

Anyone doing the midnight sale thing? luckily a GS 20 minutes away is still taking preorders on the CE and i assume the midnight sale wont be insane like the halo/cod ones

I had to dig out my launch HDD from storage that had my ME1 saved game on so i can do the character transfer.. man it took forever to recover my gamertag

notworksafe

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Can someone explain why doesn't Steam use Midnight timezone unlocks? I can't imagine time zones can't be locked just like regions. It's also not like retailers don't get to do Midnight openings.

I think its something about them wanting people in the office in case it breaks or something goes wrong.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
as others have mentioned, Grunt isn't as interesting as Thane, Mordin and a few other members, but he does have an awesome animation that has him celebrating. I believe most will find it humorous.

notworksafe said:
I think its something about them wanting people in the office in case it breaks or something goes wrong.

That's odd, I would think they could staff an emergency crew for big game launches. I mean imagine being able to play a game right at midnight without going out to a midnight launch. I would think it would be in their best interests to have launch teams in place.

notworksafe

That's odd, I would think they could staff an emergency crew for big game launches. I mean imagine being able to play a game right at midnight without going out to a midnight launch. I would think it would be in their best interests to have launch teams in place.

Ha! I'm sure they could, but what do they care? They have your money and you've got the game downloaded, so they're in no rush.

LiK

FYI, skimming this thread to avoid spoilers is annoying. Did you guys not read OP about putting spoiler tags for stuff related to squadmates?

Anyways, I'm outta this thread until I play through most of the game. Cya folks

Zeliard said:
Like I said before, anyone who mostly got their kicks out of Mass Effect from the character interactions is going to love the shit out of this game. The characters here are splendid.

Exactly what I wanted to hear.

notworksafe

LiK said:
FYI, skimming this thread to avoid spoilers is annoying. Did you guys not read OP about putting spoiler tags for stuff related to squadmates?

Hell, all of that could be spoiler tagged and it wouldn't matter because there are wallpapers and avatars of all the squad members

Anderson as 15th squad member confirmed!
kidding!

notworksafe said:
Ha! I'm sure they could, but what do they care? They have your money and you've got the game downloaded, so they're in no rush.

I agree, but I figure a lot more people might use Steam for pre-orders if they figured they could get it earlier than a cheaper version with release day shipping from Amazon. It just feels kind of amateur in this day and age.

notworksafe

I agree, but I figure a lot more people might use Steam for pre-orders if they figured they could get it earlier than a cheaper version with release day shipping from Amazon. It just feels kind of amateur in this day and age.

Yeah I agree. They have done them before, and it usually didn't work out too well (see L4D2). Maybe that's why.

I wonder if its noon Pacific or noon Eastern.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ephemeris said:
Can't believe I missed out on the DLC stuff.

heartbreak.
Don't think I'll need my Dr.Pepper codes anymore, you can have them if you want.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Me! Give me Blood Dragon! (or Inferno!)

notworksafe

How many Dr. Pepper DLCs are there? I'm not a big soda fan, but I'll pick it up for the codes. Just wondering how many I'll have to buy.

Ephemeris

Sebulon3k said:
If they do actually work I won't need my Terminus / Blood Dragon armor codes, which you can have.
Ponn01 said:
I will have a couple extra ones if the DLC I just got from the xbox site works. I will let you know later and pm you the codes I have if so.

Heck, if this works I will also have a free Terminus Armor and Gun from gamestop to hand out tomorrow too:lol

That would be most appreciated, my fellow Spectres. :D

Killthee

notworksafe said:
How many Dr. Pepper DLCs are there? I'm not a big soda fan, but I'll pick it up for the codes. Just wondering how many I'll have to buy.
There's 3 Dr. Pepper items (2 helmets and 1 visor).

notworksafe said:
Yeah I agree. They have done them before, and it usually didn't work out too well (see L4D2). Maybe that's why.

I wonder if its noon Pacific or noon Eastern.

What problems happened with L4D2, where they more download related or people playing the game related?

I'm not sure about which time it unlocks.

I'm so tempted to just get a copy at a mom and pop and then return my amazon copy, but I think I can wait till tomorrow...I think. :lol

TheSailerman said:
All right, I ran through Mass Effect Galaxy again to refresh myself on the story. But I made sure to take screenshots as I went along so I could make avatars!

Went ahead and stole this one, thanks Sailerman.

Jacob-1.jpg

If anyone already snatched it, let me know, thanks

Killthee

neojubei said:
Seriously? so any can of Dr. Pepper with the contest will have the codes?
Every marked bottle has a code you can redeem at the Dr.Pepper site. Once you redeem the code you're given a list of EA games you can get DLC for. Mass Effect 2 hasn't been added to the list, but its supposed to go up tomorrow. You need 3 Dr.Pepper codes to get all 3 items.
Sebulon3k said:
CE I believe
No, the CE comes with the Colllectors' Assault Rifle. The Incisor is a separate Sniper Rifle.
neojubei said:
I think that DLC is with the PC Deluxe edition Download version.
It was free on the Marketplace last night. It'll probably be available for free as part of the Cerberus Network.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
If I buy it on steam, do I really have to wait till the end of the day to play it, like the counter says?

notworksafe

What problems happened with L4D2, where they more download related or people playing the game related?

It was unlock related. The server that does the authorization broke or something like that, and they had problems getting people in at midnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom