• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RdN

HMMM! With a new scanner I might be interested to go back and finish that third playtrough I started some time ago.

It's pretty interesting that my female Shepard can't be recreated in the character creator. Hell, even the creation code that shows up in her status menu won't properly recreate her. :lol

Deathcraze said:
Glad I held off on replaying again, the changed scanner will make a big difference.

Indeed. I took a little break after my Insanity play through but this will definitely make it more enjoyable for my shits and giggles Renegade Infiltrator play through here soon.

VaLiancY

:lol The scanning reticule is fucking huge now. And if you did the talent power X + A glitch, you can still respec and have the same number of points to play with.

Dan Yo

Banned
Did they ever fix the glitch where the Ish quest wouldn't count as completed? Or where the sound cuts out during the Justicar loyalty mission?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Patryn said:
I still don't see a story, so I'm also a little confused.

:lol

In all seriousness though I think I might actually replay the game now.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Thane got killed =(]
. God dammit I wanted everyone to survive. I am seriously thinking of replaying it so he lives. Meeeh! =P. Nice ending, lackbuster final fight. Game is everything I hoped for. ME3 can't come out soon.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I cant help but feel BioWare's "listen to our fans" attitude combined with the general level of intelligence and reasoning abilities of the BioWare forums community makes for a really dangerous combination.

There are people complaining about the points glitch being removed, to the point where Christina Norman had to specifically respond to the complaints (giving sound reasoning) and still people are bitching.

dralla

Dan Yo said:
Did they ever fix the glitch where the Ish quest wouldn't count as completed? Or where the sound cuts out during the Justicar loyalty mission?
the ish glitch is killing me. ive done all the sidequests in the game but this piece of shit will not register as complete.

Peff

EatChildren said:
I cant help but feel BioWare's "listen to our fans" attitude combined with the general level of intelligence and reasoning abilities of the BioWare forums community makes for a really dangerous combination.

There are people complaining about the points glitch being removed, to the point where Christina Norman had to specifically respond to the complaints (giving sound reasoning) and still people are bitching.

:lol Yeah, I hope Bioware keeps a certain standard for what they take into account. People there bitch about everything.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
MrPing1000 said:
well she can romance the asari and the yeoman.

Samara cant be romanced and Kelly wont do much other than dance for you, and I dont think it counts as a romance.

Holy crap, the Reaper IFF was hard as a vanguard. You'd think her biotics would excel against melee enemies but the global cooldown renders that moot. You basically have to run back and spam shockwave the whole time to survive a hundred husks and a scion or two coming at you. Using charge or the shotgun just results in instantly losing your shields. What happened to the awesome vanguard in ME1? This one is all about style and not being able to flank enemies and OHKing enemies with a shotgun to the face.

:lol How the hell did
Mordin die? Does he have a habit of randomly getting captured by the Collectors at the end?
Otherwise the ending went well again. It was pretty cool to see the
human reaper
get pwned by the nuke weapon. But seriously, I hate the vanguard. I noticed sometimes she won't charge when she's too close to an enemy. What's the point then?

KAL2006

Banned
OK I finally bought this game, and am gonna start it for the first time today. What class if the most fun to play as (remember FUN, not the most powerful or most challenging).

Patryn

KAL2006 said:
OK I finally bought this game, and am gonna start it for the first time today. What class if the most fun to play as (remember FUN, not the most powerful or most challenging).

Most people will say Infiltrator (think sniping, stealth action and bullet time). Second most common answer will likely be Vanguard.

Personally, for me, I love Engineer, but the majority of people will disagree with me.

Fox1304

I loved acolyte :D

It's so fun to bump ennemies in the void or down from skycrapers with kamehamehazzzzz :D

edit : I meant adept of course ...

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
KAL2006 said:

I loved the Adept (on normal and below difficulty) you can just send dudes flying with little to no effort :lol.

selig

Banned
Man, with all the talk in the ME3-topic I feel like playing ME2 again.

Anyone know what exactly you have to do so EVERYONE except Shepard dies? Im on my complete douchebag-playthrough. Doing not a single loyalty-mission should help, as well as doing some missions after meeting Legion so the ship-crew dies. Anything else? Choosing the wrong persons for the wrong job at then, yeah. Forgot something?

KAL2006

Banned
I am thinking of picking Vanguard

The reason is because I want to play more offensive and not have to worry about using too many defensive skills, also I don't want to only shoot, and I don't want to only use magic, so I think Vanguard is the best balance. Will I be making the right choice with Vanguard, or is there another class that fits my criteria better

selig said:
Man, with all the talk in the ME3-topic I feel like playing ME2 again.

Anyone know what exactly you have to do so EVERYONE except Shepard dies? Im on my complete douchebag-playthrough. Doing not a single loyalty-mission should help, as well as doing some missions after meeting Legion so the ship-crew dies. Anything else? Choosing the wrong persons for the wrong job at then, yeah. Forgot something?

I think you need at least one character to live if you want to Shepard live as well...

KAL2006 said:
I am thinking of picking Vanguard

The reason is because I want to play more offensive and not have to worry about using too many defensive skills, also I don't want to only shoot, and I don't want to only use magic, so I think Vanguard is the best balance. Will I be making the right choice with Vanguard, or is there another class that fits my criteria better

Vanguard sounds like the perfect class for you, also is not as powerful as was in the first game but still very fun to play.

ChoklitReign said:
:lol How the hell did
Mordin die? Does he have a habit of randomly getting captured by the Collectors at the end?

I'm definitely no expert, but the same thing happened to me.
I acquired all the upgrades for the ship, but I've read that it does matter whether you upgrade everyones weapons and armor too. I don't know if it matters whether you actually equip them with better weapons, or if you just need to acquire as many general upgrades as possible. I'm betting there's a Salarian exclusive armor upgrade I didn't get. Could be wrong about all this, but once I get back to that save file that's the first thing I'm hunting down.

selig said:
If so, is there a way to make sure that the one surviving is Tali? ;D

Probably doing her Loyal quest and bring her in you team for the final fight? I'm not sure, there's so many factors involving...

Weren't you in your total douchebag playthrough? You can't be a douchebag with Tali? :lol :lol

I know how you feel...

KAL2006

Banned
I am still unsure of who to choose :lol
I never usually play through games more than once so this choice has to be perfect. Is there any website will full details for the class, from what power they can learn, to what armor they can wear, to what gun they can equip, to how they play.

Fox1304

You have some pretty nice videos on gametrailers of the different classes.
And Vanguard seems to fit pretty well your needs according to me.

Subitai

Pankaks said:
I loved the Adept (on normal and below difficulty) you can just send dudes flying with little to no effort :lol.
I'm doing an insanity femdept and I was surprised at how much easier it has been than it was with my insanity femguard. And, it was easier than my insanity femfiltrator in a lot of ways especially on those tricky husks parts to take off armor and then lead them into singularity for instant death. Also, at range, you can't 1 shot with adept like with a infiltrator headshot, but you can get a pretty easy 3 shot if you bring someone else with a maxed warp/overload:

warp/overload, pull/singularty, warp

I'm like, "Who needs ammo?"

VaLiancY

Subitai said:
I'm doing an insanity femdept and I was surprised at how much easier it has been than it was with my insanity femguard. And, it was easier than my insanity femfiltrator in a lot of ways especially on those tricky husks parts to take off armor and then lead them into singularity for instant death. Also, at range, you can't 1 shot with adept like with a infiltrator headshot, but you can get a pretty easy 3 shot if you bring someone else with a maxed warp/overload:

warp/overload, pull/singularty, warp

I'm like, "Who needs ammo?"

I'm fucking raging at Insanity Vanguard. I'm not going to do an Insanity Infiltrator because it's going to be faceroll. But I will be trying an Adept.

Subitai

BarrenMind said:
I'm definitely no expert, but the same thing happened to me.
I acquired all the upgrades for the ship, but I've read that it does matter whether you upgrade everyones weapons and armor too. I don't know if it matters whether you actually equip them with better weapons, or if you just need to acquire as many general upgrades as possible. I'm betting there's a Salarian exclusive armor upgrade I didn't get. Could be wrong about all this, but once I get back to that save file that's the first thing I'm hunting down.
Nope, I found I was ok since
, you just need to have the 3 ship upgrades, and assign the right people to roles. Mordin died my 1st try cause I had Grunt lead the crew back to the ship instead of Jacob.

selig

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
Probably doing her Loyal quest and bring her in you team for the final fight? I'm not sure, there's so many factors involving...

Weren't you in your total douchebag playthrough? You can't be a douchebag with Tali? :lol :lol

I know how you feel...

Well, if I HAVE TO have one crew-member survive, I want it to be Tali...which would be part of being a douchebag, actually...saving the one crew-member that you happen to like :p

Ok GAF I am going to be starting my bad guy run soon. I also still have all the warp and incinerate achievements to get. What's the best way to get these achievements and the other related ones? My good shepard was a soldier, and I plan for bad sheppard to be a biotic. Thanks!

Montresor

This game is unbelievably good. I absolutely love the team-assembly style of the storyline. All I want to do now is just recruit people and do loyalty missions. Sooo good.

Can someone please help me with these three Mass Effect terms? What areas of the Milky Way do they cover?

Terminus Systems
Skyllian Verge
Attican Traverse

Thanks. =)

EatChildren

nourali2 said:
Terminus Systems
Skyllian Verge
Attican Traverse

Council Space = Space owned and governed by the Council, and populated by Citadel adopted species (Salarians, Turians, Asari, Human, Elcor, Hanar, Volus, etc).

Terminus Systems = Independant, lawless space not governed by anybody. Populated by anybody and everybody, including non-Citadel species like the Batarians and Vorcha.

Attican Traverse = An area essentially between Council Space and the Terminus Systems. The Council claim ownership to it, but its basically a frontier for Council expansion. Its rebelled against by the denzines of the Terminus Systems so expansion is hard, mostly because the Council dont want open war.

Skyllian Verge = Mostly Systems Alliance owned space where humans are expanding, but on the fringes of Batarian space. The main instigator between Human and Batarian conflict as Batarians are all like "FUCK OFF ITS OUR SPACE" and humans are all like "THE COUNCIL SAID WE COULD POPULATE IT".

Where they are in the Milky Way I dont really know. On the map I kinda consider the lower half to be a lot of Council Space, and the top half to be a lot of the Attican Traverse. Plus there's other areas that are yet to be explored, Geth Space, etc etc.

Wallach

nourali2 said:
This game is unbelievably good. I absolutely love the team-assembly style of the storyline. All I want to do now is just recruit people and do loyalty missions. Sooo good.

Can someone please help me with these three Mass Effect terms? What areas of the Milky Way do they cover?

Terminus Systems
Skyllian Verge
Attican Traverse

Thanks. =)

The Terminus Systems are on the northern end of the Milky Way if you're viewing the galaxy from the in-game galaxy map, reaching out towards the north-eastern edges. Far outside of Council space and pretty much lawless. The Geth's main worlds on this side of the Perseus Veil (and thus the original homeworld of the Quarians) are in the Terminus Systems.

The Skyllian Verge covers clusters on the eastern side of the Milky Way, such as the Attican Beta or Armstrong Nebula. The Humans are the ones mostly exploring this space along with the Batarians, so there's plenty of worlds colonized by both (as this space is between the borders of the Systems Alliance and original Batarian space).

The Attican Traverse is not a very large area and it is not clearly defined, but basically it is the very edge of Council space just before you hit the Terminus Systems. Basically the current "wild west" of the Milky Way and sees a lot of action from all sides.

selig

Banned
okay, i have a problem for my douchebag-playthrough:

Ive recruited all members (except Legion). 2 problems:

1.) I cannot do the Visit-the-reaper-ship mission. Game still tells me "do the other missions", which are all loyalty-missions by now. Except for Grunt. Do I have to awaken Grunt to trigger the story-mission? I wanted to leave him inside the tank.

2.) I can do everyone´s loyalty-mission, except for Tali´s. Which is the only one I planned to do, as she should be the one to survive. Help?

Montresor

The reason I picked up Mass Effect 1 and feverishly played it a month ago is because I watched my brother play Mass Effect 2 and I saw
an epic conversation between his Shepard and a friendly geth. The geth was talking in good terms to Shepard about the intelligence and collective AI of his people. The conversation was just so amazing that I decided I couldn't deny myself the Mass Effect experience any longer

Anyhow, it just dawned on me that this guy is probably a teammate I have to recruit. Sadness and excitedness at the same time; I can't wait to play with him, but it would have been a nice mindfuck to stumble across him by surprise.

In my Mass Effect 1 playthrough I did everything you could possibly do with an infiltrator; I got sniper, pistol, overload achievements, etc... got all paragon, played the good-guy playthrough,
saved Ashley, saved Wrex, let Alenko die, inadvertently led Saren to kill himself, let the Rachni queen live, saved the Council, and recommended Anderson to the Council
. I got to level 50 in preparation for an import... It was all really fun. I'm just so surprised at how much better the experience is in Mass Effect 2. There is so much polish, from the way the doors open to the logistical fixes (no dealing with hundreds of equipments or omnigel anymore).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom