• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost In The Shell Shepard Face Code (hair isn't available without a save editor)

743.PCF.K11.N87.JGG.67I.1BD.721.VC6.117.2G7.175

Hot Shepard is a mod, I'll post the face mod file in a few.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I learned that it is possible to buy DLC with VISA in my region now, so I went and bought Overlord DLC.

So far it's good. Combat is superb as always, but my level 30 soldier almost breezes through it on hardcore. Enemies are pretty agressive though and come from all directions, so fighting them is pretty satisfying. I think I'll wait for MLAA from AMD to buy Shadow Broker. The game looks MUCH better even with 4xMSAA but ME2 is the game which shines with proper AA. Very clean looking.

scarybore

There might have been no DLC this month but there is another mini soundtrack to spend your money on.

25tavxd.jpg

subversus said:
I think I'll wait for MLAA from AMD to buy Shadow Broker. The game looks MUCH better even with 4xMSAA but ME2 is the game which shines with proper AA. Very clean looking.

I get my 6850 on Monday and ME2 will be the first game I test MLAA on, hopefully it will work pretty well.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Deathcraze said:
There might have been no DLC this month but there is another mini soundtrack to spend your money on.

25tavxd.jpg

Link? Any chance for lossless OST? I want it badly.

scarybore

subversus said:
Link? Any chance for lossless OST? I want it badly.

iTunes and Amazon are the only ones I know of but I daresay it's available at other big MP3 stores.

Sadly I've not heard of any of the soundtracks being available in a lossless format, I would love them in Flac. :(

Lucius86

Banned
Just done the shadow broker - bloody hell, what an amazing couple of hours that was. And the epilogue after all the fighting was really well done.

Guys, I need help. I recently reinstalled my ME2 (had a Polish version changed to English, alas too much trouble with getting Shadow Broker vs. simply having a full English version) by registering my physical copy with EA Downloader and downloading the whole game. I also downloaded my registered DLC but I cannot execute them - I click on .exe files and nothing happens. I remember having the same problem before, can anyone point me towards a solution? Thanks.

EDIT: Figured it out, the AV was to blame.

So I want to take advantage of this 'spend 2400, get 800 back' promotion on XBL, and have a stack of points ready. Been an age since I played some ME2 so I'm a bit out the loop, would I be correct in assuming that Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker are the two best DLC packs?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
sionyboy said:
So I want to take advantage of this 'spend 2400, get 800 back' promotion on XBL, and have a stack of points ready. Been an age since I played some ME2 so I'm a bit out the loop, would I be correct in assuming that Overlord and Lair of the Shadow Broker are the two best DLC packs?

Shadow Broker is hands down the best.
Overlord is great if you want a new mission and new side story.
Kasumi is good if you want a new character.

Zep

Banned
So I beat the game(PC) and loved it. Best $20 I've ever spent. Anyway, what can I do with this cerebus card? If nothing great, I'll give someone the code.

Gonna try to find a few more missions and go apeshit with the nuke gun.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Zep said:
So I beat the game(PC) and loved it. Best $20 I've ever spent. Anyway, what can I do with this cerebus card? If nothing great, I'll give someone the code.

You enter it to download;
- Zaeed character and his loyalty mission.
- Firewalker mission pack.
- Cerberus Arc Projector heavy weapon.
- Normandy Crash Site location
- Cerberus shotgun and armor.

Zep

Banned
Is Zaeed my one missing teammate slot?
I figured it was the Geth I took back with me but I never activated him

EatChildren

Zep said:

Legion, the Geth, is one of them. Zaeed is another. Buying Kasumi gives you the full (12?) lineup.

Patryn

Zep said:

Zaeed's and Kasumi's files/slots don't show up until you add them to your game.

Finished Shadow Broker. That was intense. :D Loved the ending and interactions with Liara, the only problem I see is how are they going to put this into ME3 given that
having Liara as the new Shadow Broker is a pretty big deal to help fight the Reapers

Zep

Banned
How many distress calls are there? I did the one for
Jacob
and one other on another planet I can't remember..

Basically just looking for more missions!

Castor Krieg said:
Finished Shadow Broker. That was intense. :D Loved the ending and interactions with Liara, the only problem I see is how are they going to put this into ME3 given that
having Liara as the new Shadow Broker is a pretty big deal to help fight the Reapers

I'd figure ME3 will have her in the game in her new role no matter if you played it or not. Not like there was a decision there.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Just finished the Shadow Broker DLC.

Surprisingly good. Haven't been all that fond of previous Mass Effect 1/2 DLC. Although I haven't played the Overload DLC yet. Is it worth it?

Wallach

user_nat said:
Just finished the Shadow Broker DLC.

Surprisingly good. Haven't been all that fond of previous Mass Effect 1/2 DLC. Although I haven't played the Overload DLC yet. Is it worth it?

Yes, Overlord is pretty good. Not quite as good as Shadow Broker IMO but probably the next best DLC available.

Jerk

Banned
I need them to announce and release the final DLC; I want to play me some ME2, but not before all the DLC are released.

How good or worth are the cheap 160 msp item pack dlc's for this game? I need to hit 400 more spent for that allard return offer but I own all the cheap to medium priced arcade games I care for. Are the packs worth it or will they completely gimp any other items I find in the game? lol

EatChildren

Diablohead said:
How good or worth are the cheap 160 msp item pack dlc's for this game? I need to hit 400 more spent for that allard return offer but I own all the cheap to medium priced arcade games I care for. Are the packs worth it or will they completely gimp any other items I find in the game? lol

There all overpriced and potentially shitty depending on what you want and how you play. The main issue with both is that all the armor and weapons are not 'found', and instead appear immediately in your armory.

The Equalizer Pack is the shittest in my opinion, on the basis that it is the Inferno armor and two helms, and I never stick a helmet on my Shepard. The Aegis Pack is okay. The armor is in chunks so you can mix and match, and its probably the best shield based armor in the game. The Incisor Rifle is also pretty good, especially on companions, though I still prefer the Widowmaker. The Firepower Pack is the best of the three, in my opinion. All three guns are really good, and pretty well balanced, though arguably overpowered based on how you play. The Phalanx heavy pistol is pretty much the Desert Eagle of Mass Effect. Stupid high damage, especially with head shots. Its only con is that you have to use a laser sight to aim, no crosshair, which can be a bit clumsy at first but is very easy to get used to. So in that regard, the Phalanx, in my opinion, makes the other two heavy pistols obsolete. But I know some people still prefer to use the others.

If you really wanted to buy one I'd go for the Firepower Pack.

Arjen

Diablohead said:

The latest Weapon pack (forgot the name)is pretty good , the new handgun is really amazing

Diablohead said:

IMO they all enter in the "DLC raping" we're getting this gen, but if you're a ME whore like me, you may enjoy the aegis pack or the weapons pack, I like those 2 because they add a bit of varierty for multiple playthroughs, Ageis pack give you a new armor set to combine and play with, It's nice since ME2 is pretty lacking in this sense, and since the no removable helmet bit of any other DLC armor, makes them useless for me. (I like to see the face of my Shepard if I want, thank you Bioware!), also the Aegis pack comes with a new sniper rifle (i think the one in the collectors edition?..or something)

The Weapon pack is nice, the weapons are very different from the other, and some of them are awesome to use, like the Geth shotgun...

Take into consideration, that the weapons and the Aegis armor and overpowered.Specially the Aegis armor, no other armor comes close...

Good info, thanks all, they sound like they would ruin the rest of my first ME2 run so i'll have to pass on them for now, but I do love the mass effect games so i'll just buy them later down the line, maybe with the free allards :p

Can someone tell me what DLC is worth buying? I already have the Cerberus Pass or whatever it is called. I assume I should just buy Shadowbroker, Overlord and Kasumi? I'm on PC if that matters.

I ended up going with the Aegis pack and the costume pack, the new rifle is nice but such a lack of ammo makes it feel slightly useless, it could be that I have so many rifle upgrades that all weapons feel weak compared to it :p

Garrus has some awesome glowing gear in the appearance pack, he is my favourite team member so it was money well spent on him.

Liquid Helium said:
Can someone tell me what DLC is worth buying? I already have the Cerberus Pass or whatever it is called. I assume I should just buy Shadowbroker, Overlord and Kasumi? I'm on PC if that matters.

Exactly as you say. After you download all the free DLC using Cerberus (Firewalker is fun), simply buy Kasumi + Overlord + Shadowbroker. Kasumi is the shortest, you get a new SMG and a new character that you can use in your main ME2 playthrough.

Castor Krieg said:
Exactly as you say. After you download all the free DLC using Cerberus (Firewalker is fun), simply buy Kasumi + Overlord + Shadowbroker. Kasumi is the shortest, you get a new SMG and a new character that you can use in your main ME2 playthrough.
Cheers, buying them now

Since I bought a few content DLC's last week I been playing this again quite a lot, took a break from it after spending all week on holiday playing it, I'm 23 hours in and thought that I already loved the game but once
the normandy gets attacked by the collectors and I find out the geth called Legion becomes a party member
this is the game of the fucking generation! I miss some of the loot finding from the first game and at first disliked how each mission felt like a level instead of an area to explore but fuck, this game is amazing and I still need to go through the omega 4 relay! I will be doing that tonight :D

Everytime this thread shows up, I keep click it just to see if a GOTY edition has been announced. I guess they will release it sometime in Dec/Jan just like the Dragon Age one.

sweetvar26 said:
Everytime this thread shows up, I keep click it just to see if a GOTY edition has been announced. I guess they will release it sometime in Dec/Jan just like the Dragon Age one.

Everytime I see this thread pop up, I hope to see if they released more information about the PS3 version and how they are going to handle the newly made Prelude section of the game. I want to *minor spoilers but not really*kill Kaiden and save the Queen & Wrex, and save the Council (yes, I played through the first two on the 360).

Crazypanda_85 said:
Everytime I see this thread pop up, I hope to see if they released more information about the PS3 version and how they are going to handle the newly made Prelude section of the game. I want to *minor spoilers but not really*kill Kaiden and save the Queen & Wrex, and save the Council (yes, I played through the first two on the 360).

Why not just play the 360 version again? They should release the PS3 version with all the DLC included.

EatChildren

sweetvar26 said:

My guess is the PS3 version will essentially be the 'GOTY' release, so it will no doubt get announced around the same time we get more information on that.

I just want more DLC. BioWare stated they had post-SM stuff in the works, but LotSB is all we've seen so far. All I want it some confirmation that more mission packs will be coming.

Lakitu

st5fu
Some info on the PS3 version apparently... from the Bioware boards. Until there's an official confirmation though I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Rumours that it'll include:
-An interactive comic retelling ME 1, that you will make the key decisions in.
-It'll include all previously released DLC. (Which is a given)
-And it'll be have a new 6 hour mission / DLC. I don't know if that's exclusive to PS3 though. If it is, I'd imagine a huge backlash, but I reckon if it is true, it'll coincide with PS3's release.

Edit: Well it actually is official, it comes from a German moderator. http://social.bioware.com/forum/4/topic/81/index/5170462

Lakitu said:
-And it'll be have a new 6 hour mission / DLC. I don't know if that's exclusive to PS3 though. If it is, I'd imagine a huge backlash, but I reckon if it is true, it'll coincide with PS3's release.

Son of a bitch. Knew this would happen after BioShock. I fucking hate false senses of entitlement just because the game is coming late.

Lakitu said:
Some info on the PS3 version apparently... from the Bioware boards. Until there's an official confirmation though I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Edit: Well it actually is official, it comes from a German moderator. http://social.bioware.com/forum/4/topic/81/index/5170462

Did they confirm if the new DLC mission is a PS3 exclusive? That would suck.

tass0

Banned
Lakitu said:

Hey, I came up with this idea! :)

Great minds think alike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom