• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BolognaSoup said:
BUT, if I then imported that 50 character into ME2, would I not have the history of choices since that's a beginning of the game character or does it look back at the first playthrough for your choices/decisions? Make sense?

The playthrough you load takes into account everything you did from the start of that playthrough until the end of that playthrough.

If you start a new playthrough and get to level 50, then load your file into Mass Effect 2, it will only take into account what level you finished for the completed playthrough. You can level up to 50 but not finish the game. It wont detect it.

If you go through the game again to level 50 and choose that playthrough it will only take into account what happened in that exact run, or the previous run should you choose it.

Eden Prime ->-> Kill Saren. Everything that happens (quests, levels, achievements, whatever) in that timespan is taken over. Nothing outside.

atomsk

Party Pooper
i am in shock that gamefly actually shipped this today

but when i gets here i'll be out of town for 9 days

the one time they actually decide to be reliable :lol

Well it seems that Best Buy FINALLY decided to send me my CE.

There is no way it's getting here by tomorrow though, UPS doesn't even have it in their system yet. Last time I pay extra for "release day" shipping from BB.

BolognaSoup said:
Ok that's cool because I can very quickly go from 49 to 50 in the first mission. I'm only 3,000 points away.

BUT, if I then imported that 50 character into ME2, would I not have the history of choices since that's a beginning of the game character or does it look back at the first playthrough for your choices/decisions? Make sense?
ME2 will only import characters that have cleared ME1. A special save file is created after Saren is fully defeated. So you'll have to play through the whole game with your (currently) lvl 49 Shepard to be eligible for the lvl 50 bonuses.

EDIT: Beaten do badly, I don't know why I bothered :lol

Lunchbox

Banned
started my insanity playthrough of mass1 at 57 on sunday thinking ill rush through it and get 60

finished it just now got my insanity achievement......59

:|

Red

WhiskeyKnight said:
Well it seems that Best Buy FINALLY decided to send me my CE.

There is no way it's getting here by tomorrow though, UPS doesn't even have it in their system yet. Last time I pay extra for "release day" shipping from BB.
Amazon is still failing me. Do I get my money back for shipping if I don't get the game day 1? Because I could live with that.

TimeLike

Secret_Riddle said:
Basically agree. I like the new scanning system because it makes you feel like you're exploring the planet on a grander scale. However, I hope they implement the Hammerhead by adding scannable sections to pre existing planets that open up vehicle side missions or something.

I also wonder why reviews gloss over this subject. Seems kind of like Bioware might have something to do with it. Maybe they have an agreement to withold criticism of this aspect of the game until after the DLC? Who knows.
If that happens, they better add this shit super fast cuz I'll be damned if I'm going to rescan these damn planets. My brain hurts from all the stupid scanning.

Has anyone who pre-ordered gotten their code for the Inferno Armor yet?

This is my first experience with pre-order DLC nonsense, so I'm kinda unsure how this is all supposed to work...

If you guys have a heart at all, please do not post until we from Europe get our copies too :( I'm literally waking up in the afternoon and going to bed early just so the days can go faster

Swag

Lunchbox said:
started my insanity playthrough of mass1 at 57 on sunday thinking ill rush through it and get 60

Shoulda done your research!

Lunchbox said:

If you're close, you should just load a save from before landing on Ilos, turn the game to casual, and do just enough side quests to make up the difference in XP. The group of quests to complete Tali's pilgrimage alone is a significant chunk with very little travel.

Daft_Cat

TimeLike said:
If that happens, they better add this shit super fast cuz I'll be damned if I'm going to rescan these damn planets. My brain hurts from all the stupid scanning.

Yah, I wish the developers would clarify this. If Hammerhead is week one, and adds substantial gameplay elements, then I'll just wait before delving into ME2.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
MegaKungFuRadio said:
If you're close, you should just load a save from before landing on Ilos, turn the game to casual, and do just enough side quests to make up the difference in XP. The group of quests to complete Tali's pilgrimage alone is a significant chunk with very little travel.

Yeah, the Geth Incursion and Cerberus missions will net you a good amount of XP, especially if you dont do any of the combat in the Mako and take out turrets and the like with your character. The Listening Post Alpha and Theta quests also net a good amount.

If I didn't make it to 50, and I will at the beginning of my next playthrough, can I go above 50, or will I be stuck at 50 till the time I finish the playthrough?

Lunchbox

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
Shoulda done your research!

I KILLED EVERYTHING DAMN IT !!!! EVERYTHING !!! ITS SKILLS FOR KILLS AGENT!!!!!! not shitty side missions

bullshit bioware, i started looking for things to shoot and couldnt find anything so just wandered off into the saren fight. i still need like 100k xp to get to 60 >:'(

hope me2 isnt like that

WhiskeyKnight said:
Has anyone who pre-ordered gotten their code for the Inferno Armor yet?

This is my first experience with pre-order DLC nonsense, so I'm kinda unsure how this is all supposed to work...
I've ordered several games from Amazon that had DLC pre-order bonuses and they have always come through on getting the codes out.

However, they always disclaim that codes will be emailed within 10 days of the game shipping. So we could get our Inferno codes tomorrow or next Wednesday. Just be patient and hopefully the codes are sent out quickly.

nib95

Banned
In the first half an hour of play, I can already tell this game is going to be special. Production values leave ME1 in the dust, and it's just sublime artistically. :D

EatChildren

Castor Krieg said:
If I didn't make it to 50, and I will at the beginning of my next playthrough, can I go above 50, or will I be stuck at 50 till the time I finish the playthrough?

You can go above 50. Beating the game unlocks levels 51 - 60.

Lunchbox said:
I KILLED EVERYTHING DAMN IT !!!! EVERYTHING !!! ITS SKILLS FOR KILLS AGENT!!!!!! not shitty side missions

bullshit bioware, i started looking for things to shoot and couldnt find anything so just wandered off into the saren fight. i still need like 100k xp to get to 60 >:'(

hope me2 isnt like that

I like the way BioWare design their XP system; no grinding, and reward for actually completing sidequests. Though all signs point to levelling in ME2 being much easier.

SlickVic

Yay got my shipping email a few hours ago (Amazon Release Date Delivery). Somewhat surprised they shipped it from the West Coast when they usually ship stuff to me in the Midwest from an East Coast or Indiana warehouse. Still saying "Billing Info Received" but I'm guessing they just load these up on a plane to get it here fast so nothing to worry about. I trust in Amazon.

I made it to 60 with a new character starting on insanity doing 70% of the planets and both dlc's. How you guys cant get from mid 50's to 60 with a completed character is really surprising to me.

Then again, i did pretty much do everything possible when it came to quests and mechanics, including weakening enemies with the mako and finishing them on foot. Fucking Maws.

Lunchbox

Banned
MegaKungFuRadio said:

i have a save file on the ship after you leave for ilos (after anderson punches the old dude, so no going back to the citedel)

can i still get to tali's missions?

BolognaSoup said:
My ME1 Shepherd is a level 49. Is there any real reason why I should level her up any more before my ME2 arrives and wouldn't that require a new game which would in turn, null and void all of the choices I made throughout the game? Is there a benefit to leveling to 60?

You start a few levels higher and get some money and minerals. It's not a big bonus, and it's nothing that matters past the first few hours of the game. It's not really worth playing through again to get it unless you are a perfectionist.

EatChildren said:
You can go above 50. Beating the game unlocks levels 51 - 60.

Thank you, I will go for 100% clear then. Either way it seems like the difference between importing lvl 50 and lvl 60 character is very little, so I will just be happy with whatever I end up with.

"HI, THIS IS ASHLEY FROM GAMESTOP!"

Just got the call.:lol I pre-ordered the game at gamestop, but since I was able to get a CE pre-order at Best Buy, there's no need.

EatChildren

Lunchbox said:
can i still get to tali's missions?

They're not Tali's missions, I dont believe. They're given to you I think when you go to the Armstrong Cluster or whatever it's called. You should get a com from Hacket when you enter the region about Geth being sighted. You'll visit four or five planets, and make a pretty nice XP killing.

Just remember to try and kill stuff outside of the Mako. There's like a 40% XP loss if you dont.

Mrbob

Amazon needs to ship out my CE. :x

It would be cool if you could get an extra 5 levels for importing your shepard character from the first game. Eventually you hit the level cap, but now it will just happen sooner with my level 60 character.

Lunchbox

Banned
EatChildren said:
They're not Tali's missions, I dont believe. They're given to you I think when you go to the Armstrong Cluster or whatever it's called. You should get a com from Hacket when you enter the region about Geth being sighted. You'll visit four or five planets, and make a pretty nice XP killing.

Just remember to try and kill stuff outside of the Mako. There's like a 40% XP loss if you dont.

ill try that and still have the bring down the sky mission left. lets see if i can get it.

if not fuck it, im running a 59

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Dax01 said:

Just got the call.:lol I pre-ordered the game at gamestop, but since I was able to get a CE pre-order at Best Buy, there's no need.

Damn you Dax, give me your terminus armor code!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
SlickVic said:
Yay got my shipping email a few hours ago (Amazon Release Date Delivery). Somewhat surprised they shipped it from the West Coast when they usually ship stuff to me in the Midwest from an East Coast or Indiana warehouse. Still saying "Billing Info Received" but I'm guessing they just load these up on a plane to get it here fast so nothing to worry about. I trust in Amazon.

Now I'm getting worried I still have not received my email from amazon.

Sebulon3k said:
has this been talked about anywhere? i know they gave examples of what you get for 60 and 50. but i assumed there was other small things for 40 and stuff...

i just finished at 45 :/

i don't want to marathon another play through tonight....

Lunchbox said:

hope me2 isnt like that

Well, I started a run at 57 on Sunday too. Finished yesterday and hit 60 before even starting Illos..

I did the sidequests though.

Swag

Are the free dlc armors working at all? Need to know whether I can cancel my CE and just get the normal from Gamestop.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Dax01 said:

"holy shiat, you racist biatch still alive? I thought I killed you back in Virmire two years ago!"

Inferno313 said:
Arghh! Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy!

I'm gonna go all renegade-shep-on-reporter to someone if it's not here tomorrow!
:lol
They usually let me know late at night when it ships for release day delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom