• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Sebulon3k said:
Are the free dlc armors working at all? Need to know whether I can cancel my CE and just get the normal from Gamestop.

Assuming you mean 360, if you downloaded it early, then yes, the armor variants should be working, according to posts on other forums I've seen from people who have the game already.

They won't be shown through the cerebrus network since your dl'd it through XBL, but yes, they should show up in-game.

edit: This is unconfirmed by me, obviously, so don't get mad if it doesn't work >_>

If you already have the terminus armor from DL'ing early, can I haz your extra one? :p

StUnNeR H2K

It's going to be tough at work tomorrow... Going to do everything in my power to skip out early, but sadly... I actually have a lot to do tomorrow, meeting on thursday and I gotta have all my ducks in a row before then.

After my original playthrough (ME1) I've played with the console commands some time and now I'm wondering if it will affect my starting "rewards" in ME2?

For example, I was lvl 58 at the time I stopped playing seriously and now I've added enough XP to get to lvl 60. I also have both renegade and paragon at max.

BB is delivering my CE on Wednesday. I may brave the weather tonight, though, and go to a walmart at midnight and score one, then return the CE I get from Best Buy to Walmart on Wednesday. I want to play ME2!!

Swag

Metroidvania said:
edit: This is unconfirmed by me, obviously, so don't get mad if it doesn't work >_>

If you already have the terminus armor from DL'ing early, can I haz your extra one? :p

No worries I won't get mad if it doesn't work, I think I already promised my copy to Ephemeris though :/.

If he gets it from someone else then it is yours.

Meus Renaissance said:
:( I'm literally waking up in the afternoon and going to bed early just so the days can go faster

Awesome levels of dedication, I salute you sir. STEAM will let me finish downloading this tomorrow, might take a page out of your playbook and hit the sack early.

Ephemeris

I wonder how many of you will actually be in the thread tomorrow. Ya know, other than the obligatory "It's soo good!" posts.:lol

Swag

Ephemeris said:
I wonder how many of you will actually be in the thread tomorrow. Ya know, other than the obligatory "It's soo good!" posts.:lol

I'll be all over this thread like white on rice, btw do you still need a Terminus code?

ultron87

I really need to stop constantly checking my Amazon "shipping soon" order to see if it has shipped. I do this every time I get release date delivery and it hasn't failed me yet, but I can't not check.

Lunchbox said:
ill try that and still have the bring down the sky mission left. lets see if i can get it.

if not fuck it, im running a 59

Working under the assumption that you can't go back to the Citadel (I never really tried going back at that point, so for all I know you can go back all you want), you can do anything that doesn't start or end at the Citadel. You can even do Helena Blake if you picked it up earlier, since it starts at the Citadel but doesn't end there. Just cherry pick the ones with outcomes you think might matter for future save imports. Geth incursions along with Wrex's armor and Dr. Saleon will probably get you most of the 100K you're short. If you want it done quick, set the game to casual since you already got your Insanity achievement, get out of the Mako and kill the Geth Colossi for decent chunks of XP each.

Or just fuck it and run a 59. I'm just assuming you're after the last achievement or something. I'm not convinced it's worth the effort just for import with ME2 out tomorrow.

Ephemeris

Sebulon3k said:
I'll be all over this thread like white on rice, btw do you still need a Terminus code?
Unless Microsoft slips up again, yeah. :lol

I went to bed 30mins before the post too. Oh well.

Swag

Ephemeris said:
Unless Microsoft slips up again, yeah. :lol

I went to bed 30mins before the post too. Oh well.

First rule of getting free shit, it never happens before 3am.

Edit:
Meus Renaissance said:
Mmm, you offering free codes? If so, PM me and I will forever remember this gracious gift

Honestly I only have the Terminus / Blood Dragon codes to give.

Sebulon3k said:
First rule of getting free shit, it never happens before 3am.

Edit:

I'll take anything right now. Just knowing I have something ME2 related will get me by till Friday

Messi

How are spoilers dealt with after the game launches tomorrow? Us europeans need to know wether or not we can come here and not be spoiled. :D

I would like a Terminus code if anyone is willing to give it up. I did not get a pre-order in time for the collector's edition at GS. I did make it in time for the CE on Amazon but I do want the Terminus Armor for later playthroughs.

If there are still any free DLC codes floating around, hit me up! I will be playing this game the minute it arrives at my door tomorrow (hopefully sooner rather than later). I don't need the Inferno Armor though, ordered through Amazon.

Lunchbox

Banned
MegaKungFuRadio said:
Working under the assumption that you can't go back to the Citadel (I never really tried going back at that point, so for all I know you can go back all you want), you can do anything that doesn't start or end at the Citadel. You can even do Helena Blake if you picked it up earlier, since it starts at the Citadel but doesn't end there. Just cherry pick the ones with outcomes you think might matter for future save imports. Geth incursions along with Wrex's armor and Dr. Saleon will probably get you most of the 100K you're short. If you want it done quick, set the game to casual since you already got your Insanity achievement, get out of the Mako and kill the Geth Colossi for decent chunks of XP each.

Or just fuck it and run a 59. I'm just assuming you're after the last achievement or something. I'm not convinced it's worth the effort just for import with ME2 out tomorrow.

yeah, im just going for the achievement. i dont have the energy/will to go back right now with me2 coming out tomorrow.

ill come back to mass1 later for that achievement...........someday

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sebulon3k said:

I'd love a Blood Dragon one, since I dont plan on buying Dragon Age any time in the near/distant future.

Swag

Meus Renaissance said:
I'll take anything right now. Just knowing I have something ME2 related will get me by till Friday

Late game releases are the price payed for Universal Health-care and good chocolate. It's the only way the universe can stay in balance.

Messi said:
How are spoilers dealt with after the game launches tomorrow? Us Europeans need to know whether or not we can come here and not be spoiled.

Probably everything story related is going to be spoilered for about 2-3 weeks then it's free reign probably. That's the way it went down in the DA:O thread.

<---just created my miranda avatar!

is it possible at all to get to level 60 on your 2nd playthrough of ME1? I'm currently 58 and i just got off virmire and got most of the side mission.

also is it possible to revisit the planets with those giant monsters that comes out of the ground and fight them for xp?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
macfoshizzle said:
is it possible at all to get to level 60 on your 2nd playthrough of ME1? I'm currently 58 and i just got off virmire and got most of the side mission.

also is it possible to revisit the planets with those giant monsters that comes out of the ground and fight them for xp?

There's enough XP in Mass Effect to go from level 1-to-50 in one playthrough, and enough to go from level 50-to-60 in another. At least with the DLC there is.

I started a new game at level 50, did every sidequest, leaving Virmire to last, and managed to hit level 60 right when you meet the Salarians.

macfoshizzle said:

My second playthrough got me to 59, but I didn't do many of the sidequests. If you didn't kill any Thesher Maws, you can head back to take them on foot. They don't respawn if you've already killed them though.

Ephemeris

EatChildren said:
There's enough XP in Mass Effect to go from level 1-to-50 in one playthrough, and enough to go from level 50-to-60 in another. At least with the DLC there is.

I did it on my 2nd playthrough before Bring down the sky came out.

Bob White said:
Is this correct?
I believe it's:
40-49
50-59

Swag

K.Jack said:
Didn't Caspel say he started at level 2 with a 40-something?

Oh, from what I had read before there were only bonuses for a 50/60. Unless it hadn't been reported. I had lots of class today and missed some of this thread :lol

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I'd hate to beg, but if anyone can part with a Blood Armor code that would be very awesome since I think the armor looks fantastic but Dragon Age just isn't my kind of game. I came so close to getting it earlier today with the error but it seemed like I was about 30 minutes too late.

Haven't been this excited about a game since a long time. Absolutely loved the first game.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
The Zaeed DLC has been removed from my Cerberus Network on Xbox Live. Weird. Hopefully they are able to get it back up in... oh, I dunno, 3 and a half hours! I enjoyed it and many others are going to want to be picking him up as a squadmate sooner rather than later -- especially since it's free

BigNastyCurve said:
BB is delivering my CE on Wednesday. I may brave the weather tonight, though, and go to a walmart at midnight and score one, then return the CE I get from Best Buy to Walmart on Wednesday. I want to play ME2!!

How do you know it's coming on Wednesday? BB shipped mine today with overnight delivery, so I assume I'll have it tomorrow.

stupei

K.Jack said:
Didn't Caspel say he started at level 2 with a 40-something?

I started at level 2 with a level 42 character, so I'm sure level 40 should be good to go.

Also: holy shit, this game.

gillty

Banned
finished me2... although my ending kinda pissed me off.

ending spoiler:
lost jacob, samara, and miranda some of the more interesting squad members imo, fuck I expected the formula to change a bit well I'm kinda pissed, and I'm not someone to play through again. in hindsight its so obvious... =/

macfoshizzle said:
<---just created my miranda avatar!

Depends on what level you started at. I've heard some people starting from as low as level 50 getting to 60 on a single playthrough, but I've never had to. My characters ended their first playthroughs at 48, 52, 52, and 56. I did a new game plus with a 52 and the 56 to get each to 60. Personally, from level 52 I just barely hit level 60 in one playthrough without DLC. Actually, I was 30K short, so I reloaded an old save and did all my remaining side missions and ended up hitting 60 in the final area before Citadel tower. Even so, with the way XP scales, 50-60 probably isn't so different from 52-60.

Nils said:
I'd hate to beg, but if anyone can part with a Blood Armor code that would be very awesome since I think the armor looks fantastic but Dragon Age just isn't my kind of game. I came so close to getting it earlier today with the error but it seemed like I was about 30 minutes too late.

Haven't been this excited about a game since a long time. Absolutely loved the first game.

You're going to have a tough time getting a Blood Dragon armor code because it's not a separate promo code for Mass Effect. It's tied to one of the Dragon Age CD keys, which most people will have redeemed already for their Dragon Age bonuses.

Ephemeris

Caspel said:
The Zaeed DLC has been removed from my Cerberus Network on Xbox Live. Weird. Hopefully they are able to get it back up in... oh, I dunno, 3 and a half hours! I enjoyed it and many others are going to want to be picking him up as a squadmate sooner rather than later -- especially since it's free

Haven't really heard much about that guy. Not even remotely on my radar. Probably have him tag along on playthrough #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom