• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Valru said:
finished me2... although my ending kinda pissed me off.

ending spoiler:
lost jacob, samara, and miranda some of the more interesting squad members imo, fuck I expected the formula to change a bit well I'm kinda pissed, and I'm not someone to play through again. in hindsight its so obvious... =/

Did you gain their loyalty

I lost the loyalty of Miranda in one game and Jack in another due to their complications. Both of them died at the end and I wonder if that's the reason why.

Also, yeah, I started out at level 2 with my character from ME1. I forget my exact level, it may have been 42. So much going on in my head (trying to wrap my brain around Tats vs. Capcom and No More Heroes 2 as I move on from ME2).

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
omg I have not payed any attention to ANY thing on this game... I haven't seen any trailers besides early e3 one, i haven't read a list of any features, I don't know about new characters, or anything...

I do have a couple questions before I pick it up tomorrow though (Please spare all possible spoilers):

-Does this game do a good job for a recap of the ending/story of ME1? I played it all the way through when it first came out buy that was 2 years ago and I really don't remember how shit went down...
-How does ME2 integrate ME1 saves... I'm pretty sure I still have them on my HDD, anything special?
-What is this Terminus Code stuff I'm reading about?
-In comparison to ME1...length of game?

Sorry, didn't read all of the OP because I didn't really want to know any info about it outside of this.

gillty

Banned
Caspel said:

I lost the loyalty of Miranda in one game and Jack in another due to their complications. Both of them died at the end and I wonder if that's the reason why.
I lost miranda's loyalty after her agreeing with jack during the arguement after me and jack blew up her childhood facility

this is how my ending went... sent jacob though the jacob tubes: jacob > dead, used jack as shield (expect she'd die) and sent samara leading the other team: samara > dead, last part put miranda as the secondary squad leader: miranda > dead (didn't really explain what happened just show her body quickly in a shot.

WTF

Lunchbox

Banned
Black_Ice said:
omg I have not payed any attention to ANY thing on this game... I haven't seen any trailers besides early e3 one, i haven't read a list of any features, I don't know about new characters, or anything...

I do have a couple questions before I pick it up tomorrow though (Please spare all possible spoilers):

-Does this game do a good job for a recap of the ending/story of ME1? I played it all the way through when it first came out buy that was 2 years ago and I really don't remember how shit went down...
-How does ME2 integrate ME1 saves... I'm pretty sure I still have them on my HDD, anything special?
-What is this Terminus Code stuff I'm reading about?
-In comparison to ME1...length of game?

Sorry, didn't read all of the OP because I didn't really want to know any info about it outside of this.

its a gears of war clone and its 8 hours long and bioware removed all the rpgs from it

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Yep, I was surprised as anyone that I got bonus for it. I started at Level 3.
so if i'm 45 in ME1 i'll be a lvl 3 to start off in ME2? i ended with a lvl 44 today but if i reload and fight saren in the beginning instead of talking him down i might be able to get 45.

Peronthious said:
hahaha. so perfect it had to be intentional.

Amazon release date delivery is pretty sweet. The six bucks they're charging me for overnight shipping from IN to CA is a dollar less than state sales tax.

Also, the PSU I ordered on Wednesday night with free super saver shipping arrived Friday morning. Good to see they're selectively awesome with their free shipping again.

Swag

Basileus777 said:
Every character has a unique custom class, they don't use the same classes or have the same abiltiies as Shephard.

Oh ok thanks, I was wondering why everyone was using Biotics. Thought it was a vanguard filled roster.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
My ending spoilers:

Gained the loyalty of every mofo in my group. Every single member survived and I tapped Miranda's ass before the final battle. My team was a beast. Every member upgraded to full everything + their specialty weapons/armor/skill. I had 200,000+ of every elements(needed for upgrades) after fully upgrading everyone and myself except element zero cause I farmed the living shit outta them planets after fully upgrading my ship as well.
Such a beast rolling through the galaxy. Thank you Bioware for the good times. :D

Edit: This game also gains the cannabis user's seal of approval. Amazing at parts...now I need to play it on a killer rig just for the kick ass resolutions of the galaxy maps. :drools

TheSailerman

Neo Member
So all day I've been grumbling because Amazon had my Mass Effect 2 CE pegged as arriving on the 29th, despite the fact that I had reserved it the day it became available back in November, and I had chosen 2-day shipping (the 29th is 3 days later!).

But I just noticed an email from them saying that not only has my copy shipped, but it should arrive tomorrow. Heck yeah! :D

ME2 definitely ranks in my top 3 most anticipated games of the generation, alongside The Beatles: Rock Band and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Kaako said:
My ending spoilers:

Gained the loyalty of every mofo in my group. Every single member survived and I tapped Miranda's ass before the final battle. My team was a beast. Every member upgraded to full everything + their specialty weapons/armor/skill. I had 200,000+ of every elements(needed for upgrades) after fully upgrading everyone and myself except element zero cause I farmed the living shit outta them planets after fully upgrading my ship as well. Such a beast rolling through the galaxy. Thank you Bioware for the good times.
:D

Edit: This game also gains the cannabis user's seal of approval. Amazing at parts...now I need to play it on a killer rig just for the kick ass resolutions of the galaxy maps. :drools
cool

Swag

Okay me fellow ME2ers, time for me to take my sleeping pills and go to bed.

Going to my local Gamestop at 9:30am to pick this up, God Speed!

Lunchbox

Banned
Black_Ice said:

108io78.jpg

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
TheSailerman said:
So all day I've been grumbling because Amazon had my Mass Effect 2 CE pegged as arriving on the 29th, despite the fact that I had reserved it the day it became available back in November, and I had chosen 2-day shipping (the 29th is 3 days later!).

But I just noticed an email from them saying that not only has my copy shipped, but it should arrive tomorrow. Heck yeah! :D

ME2 definitely ranks in my top 3 most anticipated games of the generation, alongside The Beatles: Rock Band and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

what the? i choose release date shipping and i still havent received my confirmation email.

ultron87

Basileus777 said:
Every character has a unique custom class, they don't use the same classes or have the same abiltiies as Shepherd.

Ooh. Excellent news. I was worried I was potentially not going to be able to use a character I really liked due to them being an ability clone of my Shepherd.

You can change the class of your imported Shepherd, right? Cause I dunno if I want to stick with Infiltrator, though it sounds like they've made it more interesting than a straight up soldier/tech combo.

Alucrid

Banned
Oh thank god. My CE is shipping and is estimated to be here....TOMORROW! The entire time it was "soon to be shipped" it was estimated to be Jan 28 which made cry fictional tears of frustration.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
ultron87 said:
I really need to stop constantly checking my Amazon "shipping soon" order to see if it has shipped. I do this every time I get release date delivery and it hasn't failed me yet, but I can't not check.

im with u on this. my co-worker already got his confirmation email.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
My character was 44 and I got bonus materials, credits and experience (Starting me at lvl 2).

I don't think it's a lower limit of 50.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Valru said:
27hrs

youmad.gif

Yep in the ballpark! I finished it with all side quest and systems explored at 32 hours. Hope we ll get some sweet dlc giving it long extra hours of gameplay like fallout 3... and not like the lame dlc me 1 had!

Anyway was a great ride! Amazing game!

kaskade

Amazon said my copy shipped and I just preordered today. I <3 amazon. Now I get 10 bucks off a future game and the armor. I can't wait until after work tomorrow.

Just beat the game from Ilos again, got my character to level 50, my first playthrough though. The last hour of Mass Effect 1 is just epic, hands down Bioware. I am officially pumped for my Mass Effect 2 now, bring this shit ON.

sweetvar26 said:
Just beat the game from Ilos again, got my character to level 50, my first playthrough though. The last hour of Mass Effect 1 is just epic, hands down Bioware. I am officially pumped for my Mass Effect 2 now, bring this shit ON.

The last hour of Mass Effect 1 is the best gameplay experience this gen IMO.

ultron87 said:
Ooh. Excellent news. I was worried I was potentially not going to be able to use a character I really liked due to them being an ability clone of my Shepherd.

You can change the class of your imported Shepherd, right? Cause I dunno if I want to stick with Infiltrator, though it sounds like they've made it more interesting than a straight up soldier/tech combo.

You can change your class and appearance when importing.

With regard to NPC classes, it seems like Bioware deliberately avoided giving anyone the core abilities of Shepherd's classes. No NPC has singularity, biotic charge, tactical cloak, tech armor, or can use all weapons like the soldier.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Hey guys,

I'm looking at Cerberus Network, and there doesn't seem to be an option to download Zaeed. Has anyone else had this issue?

Rapture

so do you have the ability to play post main mission or is it like ME1 where you just start a NewGame+ to keep playing?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
thetrin said:
Hey guys,

I'm looking at Cerberus Network, and there doesn't seem to be an option to download Zaeed. Has anyone else had this issue?

Don't have the game so I can't really say for sure, but I don't think the Cerberus stuff is even up until tomorrow.

thetrin said:
Hey guys,

The DLC will release when the game is officially launched I believe.

And yes Rapture you will be able to continue playing after the endgame to explore the galaxy.

Ephemeris

thetrin said:
Hey guys,

I think Caspel said it was up, but they took it down. So probably not going up till tomorrow like Papercuts said.

Caspel said:

I lost the loyalty of Jack in that confrontation, but later in the game I went back and talked to Jack and was able to Paragon her back into being loyal to me. Though she survived at the end of the game, the only thing that she says to me is 'Fuck off' despite everyone else having some sort of comment on the last mission.

For everyone who has beaten it:
Who did you use in the various parts of the final mission, and who survived? What upgrades did you do to the ship?

My stats were:
All crew loyal (despite aforementioned tiff with Jack).
All ship upgrades except for the medical bay.
For the suicide mission I did:
Garrus leading the second team, Legion in the tube.
Then Miranda leading the other team while Jack did the biotic shield (didn't upgrade her Biotic as I didn't have enough eezo).
I sent the crew back with Mordin.
My levels didn't seem particularly high, but I didn't lose anyone.

My first time through I decided to save the Collector's base for Cerberus. Afterwords everyone seemed at odds with the decision, even the two Cerberus cheerleaders. I had a save at the beginning of the suicide stage so I ran through it again and blew it up this time. I like how pissed off the Illusive Martin Sheen was.

Has anyone played this with a character from ME1 who didn't let the counsel die? I sure get a lot of grief from that in this one. I'd love to see what the flipside is like. Unfortunately the default for a new game is that you let the counsel die.

thetrin

Papercuts said:
Don't have the game so I can't really say for sure, but I don't think the Cerberus stuff is even up until tomorrow.

Some of the content IS up. Just not all of it. That's fine, though. :)

Lifejumper said:
The DLC will release when the game is officially launched I believe.

A ha. Okay, thanks.

Btw, I was really impressed with the import. There's something truly awesome about playing essentially a new "season" of a game with all of the repercussions of the previous outing firmly in place. Truly awesome stuff!

(So far, I'm disappointed by the oversimplification of the stats and leveling up, but oh well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom