• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

hulot

I understand the initial importing bonuses but what about new game+ in ME2? I'm not the biggest fan of the Shepard I imported so if I start a ME2 new game+, does that ME1 history still stay with me? I don't want Wrex dead forever :(

Cday

Banned
Omega Spoilers

I don't see any mission topping this one for me. Omega in general was unique and interesting. To top it off the Archangel mission was well paced and I didn't realize it was Garrus until two seconds before he took his helmet off. Then we totally bro'd out, shot a bunch of dudes and rode off into the sunset...galaxy. Just awesome.

hulot said:
I understand the initial importing bonuses but what about new game+ in ME2? I'm not the biggest fan of the Shepard I imported so if I start a ME2 new game+, does that ME1 history still stay with me? I don't want Wrex dead forever :(

Then maybe you shouldn't have killed him, jerk!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
MegaKungFuRadio said:
If only Steam games unlocked at midnight...
yes my friend, if only indeed
1436542-1252956899-11032731203566373PCMasterRace2.PNG

:'/

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Installing is definitely recommended on the 360 from my experience. Game runs and loads better but most important the sound. You don't hear the jet engine of the drive pinning the disc. I tried it with both and the difference in sound was awesome. Installing is definitely the way to go.

Zeliard

Kaako said:
Installing is definitely recommended on the 360 from my experience. Game runs and loads better but most important the sound. You don't hear the jet engine of the drive pinning the disc. I tried it with both and the difference in sound was awesome. Installing is definitely the way to go.

I personally try to never play my 360 anymore when running games off the disc rather than hard drive.

cresto

Revengeance said:
6.5 GB for the first disc; I'll install the second when I get there in the game - must play now!
Jesus....what the fuck am i going to do with a 20 gb HDD? I hate MS sometimes. Such stupid decisions. ASS HOLES!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Lostconfused said:
Pretty shitty that the game won't unlock on steam until 6pm tomorrow. But I still have Virmire, Ilos and Galaxy to finish up. So I at least have something to do.
I too find this too be pretty ridiculous.

5 p.m. EST is way too late in the day to wake up and push the unlock button.

Zeliard

I wish there was a way to make it so that the Blood Dragon Armor doesn't cover your face the entire time. It looks very cool but it covers up Shepard's face in the cutscenes where he's sporting his armor on (as opposed to the ones where he's in civilian clothing), and unlike the other helmets (and other pieces of armor in general), there's no way to adjust it in any way.

A lot of people probably won't get much use out of it due to this, at least on a first playthrough. Shepard emotes a lot more frequently than in the first game as well. Creepy smiles all-around.

vhfive

sleeping now then work then getting the game.
cant wait to sink my self into this game.
i haven't been this pumped about a game since halo 3. :D

pahamrick

Nice, finally got my shipping confirmation email from Amazon (Took 'em long enough.)

Now the only downside is UPS tends to deliver here around 5pm. Oh well.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
No Character data found? Watchyoutalkingabout ME2?

Einbroch

Banned
You better pick a class you like, because for New Game+ you have to be the same class you played on the first playthrough of Mass Effect 2. Sucks.

Just a heads up.

pahamrick

Pankaks said:

That's ... weird. The only way for the end game saves to not be there is if

A) You're not playing on the original device used for ME1, be it a mem card or HDD.
B) You accidentally deleted your profile and all items (I did that once. Doh.)
C) You formatted the storage device.

The files themselves are stored in a completely separate directory from the normal ME1 saves on the 360 HDD.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
pahamrick said:
That's ... weird. The only way for the end game saves to not be there is if

A) You're not playing on the original device used for ME1, be it a mem card or HDD.
B) You accidentally deleted your profile and all items (I did that once. Doh.)
C) You formatted the storage device.

The files themselves are stored in a completely separate directory from the normal ME1 saves on the 360 HDD.

Gonna try restarting the console and maybe deleting the cache, let's see if that works...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Pankaks said:
Gonna try restarting the console and maybe deleting the cache, let's see if that works...
Do you still have ME around? Boot into it and see if the game allows you to start a New Game + (New Game -> Existing ID).

hermit7

Einbroch said:
You better pick a class you like, because for New Game+ you have to be the same class you played on the first playthrough of Mass Effect 2. Sucks.

Just a heads up.

Why is that an issue? Same way with ME1

Pancakes

Killthee said:
Do you still have ME around? Boot into it and see if the game allows you to start a New Game + (New Game -> Existing ID).

Tried restarting, no luck =/.

Loading up Mass Effect 1 and WHAT THE FUCK? I can't load up an existing ID?

Gonna try gamertag recovery, sigh this night just took a shitty turn.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Did you play the "Greatness in Urrned" edition? I haven't started ME2 yet but I had problems with DLC with that version, hopefully my shit won't be borked.
Sorry to hear about your troubles, though, that REALLY sucks. If all else fails you can always try to recreate how you played it out and do another playthrough of 1 and import after you beat ME2 the first time.

Einbroch

Banned
hermit7 said:
Why is that an issue? Same way with ME1
Little is known about the New Game+, so I thought I'd share that.

People are going to be creating new characters tonight, and I'm sure at least one person wondered. I know I did, but my friend says you can't switch.

I wanted to try Adept, but I guess I won't now. Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough!

hulot

Zeliard said:
A lot of people probably won't get much use out of it due to this, at least on a first playthrough. Shepard emotes a lot more frequently than in the first game as well. Creepy smiles all-around.
*cross arms, leans back*
Really?
*uncrosses, leans forward*
I have to go now.

Caspel said:
I hope she doesn't look like that. That would ruin it my relationship I set up with her lol.

Don't read the next spoiler mark if you want to know about Tali in ME2

I mean it!

You don't get to see her face, but she does take off her helmet to give Shepard sweet loving.

Well that just ruin all excitement for me. Fuckin bioware...

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
WTF I just found out that, on Steam, the regular version unlocks four hours earlier than the Digital Deluxe Edition.

What is this bullshit?

Pankaks said:
Tried restarting, no luck =/.

Loading up Mass Effect 1 and WHAT THE FUCK? I can't load up an existing ID?

Gonna try gamertag recovery, sigh this night just took a shitty turn.
be oh so careful not to delete your save data when you're deleting your gamertag before recovering...

that's how i lost my old character :/

Pancakes

SPACECADET said:
be oh so careful not to delete your save data when you're deleting your gamertag before recovering...

that's how i lost my old character :/

I can load up and play my level 60 adept why is this happening =/.

I'm replaying the last section of ME1 so hopefully it will make another endgame save.

Pancakes

That's pc bro, but it should show up on the 360 as well.

pahamrick said:
It gets referenced, but not in any significant way. If you didn't beat it on the save you plan to import, I wouldn't worry about it this time. It may get a bigger reference in ME3 but who knows.

Basileus777 said:
There was a short news segment about what I decised in BDTS. I don't think there is anything more than that, so it's probably not worth playing through the end again.
Thanks guys. Very helpful. Now I can rest at ease.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Einbroch said:
Little is known about the New Game+, so I thought I'd share that.

People are going to be creating new characters tonight, and I'm sure at least one person wondered. I know I did, but my friend says you can't switch.

I wanted to try Adept, but I guess I won't now. Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough!

Didn't ME1 let you use an ability of another class when you tried different ones out? I can't really remember how it worked.

Pancakes

Ok, so I just beat the last section on my level 60 adept and made the council decision again.

THANK GOD IT'S SHOWING UP :D.

Einbroch

Banned
Papercuts said:
Didn't ME1 let you use an ability of another class when you tried different ones out? I can't really remember how it worked.
It is the same in this game, but the methods of acquiring said abilities is different.

The following is NOT a story spoiler, but rather how you unlock these abilities:

When you complete a character's loyalty mission, you unlock their loyalty ability for yourself. Example: Warp Ammo, Barrier, etc. You can only have one at a time, but you can "respec" for a cost as many times as you want.

Glad I went ahead and got it off Amazon. I'll be asleep when it unlocks/arrives either way.

I've never registered a game with Steam though, when they ask you to enter your serial. Does that allow you to install it from Steam or will I be stuck with the disc install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom