• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caspel said:
After seeing the new crew

I no longer want Ashley (Kaiden, your dead to me anyway) or Liara back. Just replace Grunt with Wrex, and I'll call it a fair trade.

Also, for those who are waiting for the reviews to go up... I am about to head to bed as I've been up since 6am since my damn dog decided it was a good time to run around the house, so I am off to bed -- but my review goes live in 45 minutes or so at my publication. Many of you that I have been talking to through PM should know what it is, so feel free to check it out and give me your thoughts.

Is it possible to keep everyone alive in the end game?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Revelations said:
Is it possible to keep everyone alive in the end game?

Yup. You decide who lives and who dies based on your decisions. There's no "pick one or the other" choice either -- it's not clearly spelled out either, so you may be in a big surprise when someone dies.

Caspel said:
Yup. You decide who lives and who dies based on your decisions. There's no "pick one or the other" choice either -- it's not clearly spelled out either, so you may be in a big surprise when someone dies.

What if I don't want anyone to die?

Nemesis_

Lotan said:
Ehh... If I wanted to read a story I would pick up a book.

masseffect_ascension_cover_01_337x554.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
Revelations said:
What if I don't want anyone to die?
You have to put the right people in the right circumstances, and they have to be loyal to you. The circumstance/personnel choices are fairly obvious, but I won't go into any more details.

Zeliard

Caspel said:

This is going to be harsh for many people if they screw up the decision-making (including myself when I get there). I find it's much easier to get attached to these characters than the ones in the first Mass Effect (and a lot of other RPGs as well). A lot of that has to do with how great the cutscenes are relative to the first game. The characters just come across to the player a lot more effectively.

I like all of them. :(

Rhino

Anyone else with the PC version having trouble importing ME1 saves? I can't get ME2 to recognize my ME1 save file :/

Proc

Assuming I don't have to go into the office this weekend, I am going to shut-in, and deny all contact with the outside world. This game will be nearly finished by week's end.

Definitely going with the pc version on this one.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Rhino said:
Anyone else with the PC version having trouble importing ME1 saves? I can't get ME2 to recognize my ME1 save file :/

I will murder BioWare if my save doesnt work. Murder them all.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Rhino said:

Did you use any trainers or the console cheat window in the game or do anything that would in any other way modify your save?

Edit: Also just have to check, cause you never know, do you have an actual end game save.

Caspel

Einbroch said:
You have to put the right people in the right circumstances, and they have to be loyal to you. The circumstance/personnel choices are fairly obvious, but I won't go into any more details.

this x10. it's up to the player on if who lives or dies. Everyone can live or many can die.

Rhino

Enduin said:
Did you use any trainers or the console cheat window in the game or do anything that would in any other way modify your save?

Nope. I don't get it there is even a folder labeled ME1 in the Mydocs/bioware/ME2/saves folder.

I put my complete ME1 save in but when I got to "import ME1 character "on the ME2 main menu it's blank.

Caspel

new squad member through DLC revealed?

http://tehpwnage.com/xbox-360/news/78-mass-effect-2-kasumi-confirmed-squadmate.html

The above image shows a cloaked figure appearing to be a woman as the 12th and final Mass Effect 2 squad mate. The image was supposedly taken from a debug PC version of the game. Bioware was quick to pull the original forum post breaking the news, they have since admitted that Kasumi is a potential squad mate (although they are not releasing any details).

Edit: Removed image, it was just too damn large.

Ephemeris said:
I know I'm the minority here, but I'm gonna miss that. It actually forced me to spend alot of time with the characters.

It also forces you to not spend time with any of the other characters unless you planned on playing the game at least three times.

Asari ally made me want to hurt something small and fluffy when I didn't get it my second playthrough.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Caspel said:
new squad member through DLC revealed?

http://tehpwnage.com/xbox-360/news/78-mass-effect-2-kasumi-confirmed-squadmate.html

Edit: Removed image, it was just too damn large.

It's weird because the devs have been fairly coy about the character... but I'm assuming it's true, otherwise they'd outright deny it.

Rhino said:
Rhino said:
Nope. I don't get it there is even a folder labeled ME1 in the Mydocs/bioware/ME2/saves folder.

I put my complete ME1 save in but when I got to "import ME1 character "on the ME2 main menu it's blank.

You have to use the config utility to set your ME1 save game directory.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Rhino said:

I dont have the game yet sadly, but I wouldnt imagine that you wouldnt have to move the save file into the ME2 folder, it should automatically know and search your preexisting ME1 save folder in your documents folder for end game saves.

Zeliard

MegaKungFuRadio said:
It also forces you to not spend time with any of the other characters unless you planned on playing the game at least three times.

Asari ally made me want to hurt something small and fluffy when I didn't get it my second playthrough.

You achievement whores are insane, I'll tell ya. Whorish, even!

Caspel

Revelations said:
Soooo..Tali?

talibabe.jpg

Yah think?

I hope she doesn't look like that. That would ruin it my relationship I set up with her lol.

Don't read the next spoiler mark if you want to know about Tali in ME2

I mean it!

You don't get to see her face, but she does take off her helmet to give Shepard sweet loving.

Mindlog

So two awesome and interesting questions that have never been asked before and aren't in the OP.

2.) How big of a footprint are we looking at to install both games on the HD?

Quads.) How much capital do we have to raise to get a seamless trilogy release after Mass Effect 3 is over. It'd just take a few more cinematics between games and tightening up the experience between 1 and 3. Let's get this done. I know people.

Zeliard

stupei said:
One thing that's really surprising me so far is how many of the female faces aren't totally creepy this time out. :lol

Also, the Citadel is kind of incredible. I went straight there as soon as I could and I'm glad I did, I think I could possibly spend even more time here than I did in ME1.

I still haven't gone to the Citadel yet, though I will soon. I've heard mixed things about it in ME2, and I wonder why.

I've been concentrating on recruiting people. You can delay going to the Citadel for quite a while.

legbone

damn, i am extremely jealous of those that have played it or are about to. i waited too long to get the collector's edition from gamestop or amazon and i forgot all about newegg for some reason so i had to preorder from walmart. doesn't ship until tomorrow even though i had to pay for it in full when i ordered from their site in january. since i live in arkansas and walmart's home office is here i had to pay tax also. so i got free shipping to offset the cost of tax but the estimated delivery date is feb 03 thru feb 05. hopefully it gets here quicker.

mYm|17|

just came back from gamestop and the game is glorious

There was like maybe 15 people and a few people there were in line for MAG

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So awesome....

Goodbye thread, I'll be back once I've beaten the game :D.

23hxhts.jpg

Zinthar

For those with the 360 version... is there an option to switch the controls to southpaw (i.e. letting you aim with the left stick)? This was omitted in the first game but I was hoping that Bioware would include it this time around.

Einbroch

Banned
Zinthar said:
For those with the 360 version... is there an option to switch the controls to southpaw (i.e. letting you aim with the left stick)? This was omitted in the first game but I was hoping that Bioware would include it this time around.
Yes, there is a Southpaw option.

Killthee said:
Ugh.....it's gonna be DA launch all over again.......

I didn't have any trouble when DA came out. The code redemption page was misleading because it would show people errors even if they were processed just fine, but I realized this and everything was there once my pre-load was done decrypting.

Zinthar said:

Yes our lead QA person is left handed....so it was pretty much mandatory. :D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
ME2 is mine, awesome. Now I just gotta wait for my girlfriend to finish watching her stupid shows so I can get started. I love her and everything but she needs to GTFO.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Jeez, it felt like I was about to break the disc trying to get it out of the CE box :lol.

For anyone who has already played all or most of ME2, does the Bring Down the Sky mission from the first game have any links in ME2 at all?

Should I re-finish the game with an earlier save (the one I beat BDtS with) or should I simply start ME2 with my original finished game (the one where I beat it before I played BDtS)?

Thanks and sorry if this has already been answered, elsewhere.

pahamrick

Dark Octave said:
For anyone who has already played all or most of ME2, does the Bring Down the Sky mission from the first game have any links in ME2 at all?

Should I re-finish the game with an earlier save (the one I beat BDtS with) or should I simply start ME2 with my original finished game (the one where I beat it before I played BDtS)?

It gets referenced, but not in any significant way. If you didn't beat it on the save you plan to import, I wouldn't worry about it this time. It may get a bigger reference in ME3 but who knows.

Dark Octave said:

There was a short news segment about what I decided in BDTS. I don't think there is anything more than that, so it's probably not worth playing through the end again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom