• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diebuster

Phaethon0017 said:
Glad I went ahead and got it off Amazon. I'll be asleep when it unlocks/arrives either way.

I've never registered a game with Steam though, when they ask you to enter your serial. Does that allow you to install it from Steam or will I be stuck with the disc install?

Only certain retail games can be registered on Steam, and Mass Effect 2 isn't one of them. So if you got the retail, you'll have to stick with the discs.

Got a question, do we have to be online to start with a save from Mass Effect 1 or you can be offline on your 360 and still start it? My buddy says it is not letting him chose his Mass Effect 1 save for some reason, he is not online though, his internet is messed up.

Pankaks said:
Ok, so I just beat the last section on my level 60 adept and made the council decision again.

THANK GOD IT'S SHOWING UP :D.

Clever workaround. It's good to hear you found a solution, other people may have the same problem later.

Einbroch said:
It is the same in this game, but the methods of acquiring said abilities is different.

The following is NOT a story spoiler, but rather how you unlock these abilities:

When you complete a character's loyalty mission, you unlock their loyalty ability for yourself. Example: Warp Ammo, Barrier, etc. You can only have one at a time, but you can "respec" for a cost as many times as you want.

Is that respec for all your abilities or just the loyalty ability?

So for those of you who got in the "free" DLC from Live on 360 earlier today, are you actually able to play your 360 versions of the game with all the DLC, including the Gamestop-exclusive items?

MegaKungFuRadio said:
Clever workaround. It's good to hear you found a solution, other people may have the same problem later.

There's one for that too.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Weenerz said:
The cardboard cover you get for the CE looks so much better :lol

Oh, ha, I didn't even realize there was a cover over it.

EDIT: After seeing Pankak's pictures, I totally agree. Bioware, your 3d models looks great, but not good enough to be box art, IMO.

Unknown Soldier said:
So for those of you who got in the "free" DLC from Live on 360 earlier today, are you actually able to play your 360 versions of the game with all the DLC, including the Gamestop-exclusive items?

I would like to know this as well, if it does, I will just give my codes to my friend, if not I guess I will have to keep them.

v0yce

Are the Dr Pepper codes working yet? I seem to remember someone saying to not use the code yet as the ME2 content wasn't up yet or something.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Gah...so jealous of the people playing this right now. It sucks having a highly anticipated game ready to go but being unable to play it. FML.
295wfu9.gif

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Ronabo said:
Going to bed.

The game is really hard on the eyes on a 27" SD TV :(

Buy the 360 VGA cable. That's what I did when I didn't have an HDTV. Went from a 25" SDTV to my 19" 16:10 Samsung monitor and it looked fantastic.

Einbroch

Banned
MegaKungFuRadio said:

You can do both, but they are separate "purchases".

Mulberry

Finally finished my second play through on the pc today. Only got to lvl 55 but that is good enough. Gonna start fresh on the xbox 360, then hit the steam version when it unlocks tomorrow.

Zeliard

Hrm... it unfortunately doesn't seem like Zaeed is really a "full" character like the other guys are. There's no quest to actually get him (though he does have his own loyalty quest, which I'm about to start), and when I tried talking to him on the ship, it never started a conversation like it does with all the others. When you trigger him, he simply says random things like one of the talking NPCs you meet in your travels that you don't engage in any dialogue with.

He has a couple random things around his room that he comments on, and other members don't have anything like that, so I'm assuming that's the substitute to the dialogue.

Cetra

Silicon Knight said:
So, what does the inside of the 360 case look like?

Does it still use the wack 'n wheel stuff?

Not a "green" case if that's what you're asking. Thank god too, those cases annoy the shit out of me.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
v0yce said:
Are the Dr Pepper codes working yet? I seem to remember someone saying to not use the code yet as the ME2 content wasn't up yet or something.
Not up yet according to some people at the Social.

Gamer @ Heart said:
So who can i romance as a female? WHY AREN'T THEIR VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE YET?

I was able to donk Garrus and Thane, and you could probably donk Jacob too. You can flirt with and do a sexy-time with Kelly, but you don't actually get the donked-a-partner achievement with Kelly.

No video but view if you dare hxxp://dl.dropbox.com/u/568179/YEEEESH.jpg

SlickVic

Shame that N7 logo isn't on the tin. That would've looked quite snazzy indeed. Oh well, as long as the making of DVD and art book are somewhat substantial, it'll be worth it to me.

tehWillis said:
Not a "green" case if that's what you're asking. Thank god too, those cases annoy the shit out of me.
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. So the two discs are stacked or does either side of the box hold a disc?

Pankaks said:
Ok, so I just beat the last section on my level 60 adept and made the council decision again.

THANK GOD IT'S SHOWING UP :D.

I'm having the same problem you did. Guess I'll have to try and borrow ME from someone tomorrow. Did this happen because I transferred the save files to a 120gb hdd from the original 20gb?

edit: had me worried I wasn't going to be able to use my original save data. In which case I would have picked up the PC version instead.

Diebuster

foomfoom415 said:
I was able to donk Garrus and Thane, and you could probably donk Jacob too. You can flirt with and do a sexy-time with Kelly, but you don't actually get the donked-a-partner achievement with Kelly.

No video but view if you dare hxxp://dl.dropbox.com/u/568179/YEEEESH.jpg

So Tali isn't an option for FemShep? :(

Diebuster said:
So Tali isn't an option for FemShep? :(

It seemed like she was edging me on that way after one set of post-game dialog, but then started giving me canned responses. It was all post-endgame too so I don't know if I just had to complete more side-missions to get her to talk to me again, but Garrus and Thane were more than willing to get down after repeated nagging.

aegies

DevelopmentArrested said:
So I downloaded the Dragon Blood Armor and Normandy Crash Site DLC... yet they aren't appearing in the game - what gives?

Also, I assume Zaeed DLC will be up tomorrow?

The Normandy Crash Site DLC location can be found in your journal. Zaeed came down today amidst the whoopsie with the other DLC and hasn't come back up yet.

Well, I'm going to pass on the CE.. shitty cover.. and the artbook doesn't look as awesome as I was hoping..

I did get the CE guide, though. That looks pretty awesome.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Silicon Knight said:
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. So the two discs are stacked or does either side of the box hold a disc?
Found these at gamefaqs:

14sgwtl.jpg

24nnoyp.jpg

2vnhwg7.jpg

RedStep

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ME1 finished, level 60. Just in time (CA).

End credit song is pretty boss (don't remember it from the first time).

Cruceh

Banned
Lunchbox said:
its a gears of war clone and its 8 hours long and bioware removed all the rpgs from it
I know people like to laugh at differing viewpoints but this is how I describe it to people as well. I've played longer than 8 hours, though. I'm 13-14 hours in and I can go to the ending I think, but I'm finishing up Tali's and Garrus' stories.
How do I get Legion?
The gameplay is kinda meh. I'm just going through it to beat the game. In the beginning I was all gears of war-style covering and hitting pistol shots from cover, but then I realized I could just place 2 snipers behind cover while I run around spamming singularity. :lol Gets the job done most of the time. I don't even really use guns anymore except on bosses. One time I was busy running around killing minions and I find out my 2 guys killed the boss already. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom