• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xevren

SPACECADET said:
anyone that snagged the free DLC and got their midnight copies got it all working? i've been waiting for some gaf confirms.

Yep, I snagged all the free dlc when that little mistake happened last night and I can verify that it's in my game.

Xevren said:
Yep, I snagged all the free dlc when that little mistake happened last night and I can verify that it's in my game.
thanks :D i've been on pins and needles since i downloaded them last night. can't wait.

Xevren

SPACECADET said:
thanks :D i've been on pins and needles since i downloaded them last night. can't wait.

Most don't show up in the Cerberus inventory type deal in the title screen, but once you get to a point to where you can customize your gear in game it will be there.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
See You Next Wednesday said:
Or better yet, if all the DLC work without having to register to anything?
You'll still need to register if you want Zaeed and the Cerberus Network DLC.

aegies

Gamer @ Heart said:
Wait, so the game is sub 10 hours just story related?

If all you did was the just (JUST) the main story, and none of the party member specific stuff or side quests, it would be about 14-16 hours. I finished everything in 39, and asking around the office, that seemed about standard for that kind of playthrough.

aegies said:
If all you did was the just (JUST) the main story, and none of the party member specific stuff or side quests, it would be about 14-16 hours. I finished everything in 39, and asking around the office, that seemed about standard for that kind of playthrough.

Cool. Thanks.

stupei

Cruceh said:
I know people like to laugh at differing viewpoints but this is how I describe it to people as well. I've played longer than 8 hours, though. I'm 13-14 hours in and I can go to the ending I think, but I'm finishing up Tali's and Garrus' stories.
How do I get Legion?
The gameplay is kinda meh. I'm just going through it to beat the game. In the beginning I was all gears of war-style covering and hitting pistol shots from cover, but then I realized I could just place 2 snipers behind cover while I run around spamming singularity. :lol Gets the job done most of the time. I don't even really use guns anymore except on bosses. One time I was busy running around killing minions and I find out my 2 guys killed the boss already. :|

I never understand the thinking behind, "I found a cheap exploit that makes the game not fun and I've chosen to do it for the rest of the game, man this game isn't fun." Well, yes. You just said yourself you've chosen to approach it in a way that isn't fun. It's like the whole "this game is really ugly when you use this optional view mode that I've chosen to keep on for most of the game, man this game is ugly "complaint. I just don't get people being upset with the game for the choices they're making as a player.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I think if you're really fast, and really only did the story planets, beating this game in 10 hours is quite possible.

I wish I could skip class tomorrow, but then I'd be dropped since it's the first week of the Spring semester ... curse you whoever chose ME2's release for this week.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Killthee said:
You'll still need to register if you want Zaeed and the Cerberus Network DLC.

So what was the
Normandy Crash Site
? Is that actually a Cerberus thing that was put up early or some other promotional download?

stupei

Maybe it's already been answered, but since people are asking about romantic relationships and such, anyone know if female Shepard is capable of hooking up with Miranda? I assume not, but you can hope, right? :D

Papercuts said:
So what was the
Normandy Crash Site
? Is that actually a Cerberus thing that was put up early or some other promotional download?

Pretty sure that automatically unlocks when you register Cerberus Network. It's another piece of "free if you buy new" DLC.

Zeliard

Cruceh said:
In the beginning I was all gears of war-style covering and hitting pistol shots from cover, but then I realized I could just place 2 snipers behind cover while I run around spamming singularity. :lol Gets the job done most of the time. I don't even really use guns anymore except on bosses. One time I was busy running around killing minions and I find out my 2 guys killed the boss already. :|

What difficulty are you playing on?

I've been pimping Zaeed and Thane lately (and Thane with Archangel before that) and two snipers do destroy (especially with the sniper upgrades). I'm on Veteran, though. Gonna bump it up to Hardcore pretty soon.

Cruceh

Banned
Basileus777 said:
You can't miss him. It's part of a main storyline mission. If you haven't encountered him, then you aren't about to go to the end yet.
Thanks.
Am I close? I just found out the illusive man was setting me up and led me to a trap.

Cruceh

Banned
Zeliard said:

I've been pimping Zaeed and Thane lately (and Thane with Archangel before that) and two snipers do destroy (especially with the sniper upgrades). I'm on Veteran, though. Gonna bump it up to Hardcore pretty soon.
I'm on normal because I didn't really play the first one. Can I change it midway through the game? I love the snipers and I got one as well as an adept which is pretty cool. Recently I've been using the engineer in the party because of the drone. But I think I chose the wrong path because I chose the exploding one instead of the attack drone. It doesn't do anything just sit there while monsters attack it. Oh well, I guess it's a tank.

LostVector

Neo Member
stupei said:
I never understand the thinking behind, "I found a cheap exploit that makes the game not fun and I've chosen to do it for the rest of the game, man this game isn't fun." Well, yes. You just said yourself you've chosen to approach it in a way that isn't fun. It's like the whole "this game is really ugly when you use this optional view mode that I've chosen to keep on for most of the game, man this game is ugly "complaint. I just don't get people being upset with the game for the choices they're making as a player.
Playing a game to me means doing your best against the game. I can make a lot of games more challenging if I act like an idiot ... that's just not the point of why most of us play games. Hyper-effective cheese tactics can definitely detract from the fun.

Cep

Banned
Zeliard said:

I am on Insane, and they still are pretty impressive, though they are balanced enough.

As for the drone, both paths suck.

Also, do enemies have no defenses on normal? Because on insane, EVERYTHING has some sort of defense.

Zaedd? How do I download the stuff for him? I activated my cerberus network card and it talks about him but if I go to the DLC content, I see nothing mentioning this DLC for him. Anyone?

Cruceh

Banned
Cep said:
I am on Insane, and they still are pretty impressive, though they are balanced enough.

As for the drone, both paths suck.

Also, do enemies have no defenses on normal? Because on insane, EVERYTHING has some sort of defense.
You mean like Armor or Shields? Most of them do. A few have just red health bars like the Husks and stuff, but a lot have shields/armor. Also sucks for the drones. Guess I use snipers again.

Cep

Banned
Cruceh said:
You mean like Armor or Shields? Most of them do. A few have just red health bars like the Husks and stuff, but a lot have shields/armor. Also sucks for the drones. Guess I use snipers again.

Yeah, both Charge and Drone are subpar.

I am currently using a Sentinel(very good class) and plan on testing the infiltrator next.

Also, I suggest that anyone complaining about difficulty bump up the setting. Some missions become almost impossible without the right team/abilities.

Zeliard

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Zaedd? How do I download the stuff for him? I activated my cerberus network card and it talks about him but if I go to the DLC content, I see nothing mentioning this DLC for him. Anyone?

Yeah, you have to go through the social site, under Profile > Your registered game promotions. Alternatively, when you boot up the game, just click the link that says "New Content Available" in the main menu and it should take you to the download list.

JayDubya

Banned
Andronicus said:
Trying to decide Between Adept, Sentinel and Soldier my mind is going to explode

Why decide? Game is supposedly good, game is a Bioware RPG, game is not exceedingly long.

Play as a Soldier, play as a Sentinel, play male and female, play Paragon and Renegade, etc, etc...

Cep

Banned
Zeliard said:
Yeah, you have to go through the social site, under Profile > Your registered game promotions. Alternatively, when you boot up the game, just click the link that says "New Content Available" in the main menu and it should take you to the download list.

Pc or 360?

Fuck me, this thread's exploded since I last visited less than 7 hours ago. I guess there were a lot of midnight releases in the US, eh? Lucky sods! :)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
brandonh83 said:
Wonder why my lvl 60 Shepard is showing up as a lvl 59 on the import screen? Did I miss a memo?
Did you beat Saren as lv 60 or did you finish as 59, started a NG+, got to 60, and then saved?

You can only import saves that the game creates automatically at the end of a playthrough (the fight with Saren).

Andronicus said:
Trying to decide Between Adept, Sentinel and Soldier my mind is going to explode

Unlike the first game, the Sentinel is pretty awesome in ME2. You get a nice mix of tech and biotic abilities and the really useful tech armor.

Cep

Banned
Basileus777 said:
Unlike the first game, the Sentinel is pretty awesome in ME2. The tech armor ability makes it pretty hard to die.

I dunno about 'really hard not to die', but it has saved my ass on many occasions.

Sentinel would be perfect if they had pull instead of Throw and/or Incinerate instead of Cryo.

Weenerz

Banned
Do the armors and guns not show up in the Downloadable Content menu? Or do they show up when I can customize my armor and junk in the game? I haven't started the game yet, too busy trying to finish ME1 again on this console so I can carry over my game save.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Vanguard would be great if you could get rid of charge and replace it with a useful skill. :(
Sigh, I never played a tech class, so maybe I'll go Sentinel.

Gamer @ Heart said:

I did a straight story run through, the bare minimum of sidequests required to finish the game and did little to no exploration, I did talk a lot and didn't skip much dialogue and it took me 18 hours on normal. I expect a harder difficulty and sidequests and exploration to be upwards of 30 hours.

Zeliard said:

It shows up on my social site, but its not in the game menus. Playing 360 btw.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Gamer @ Heart said:

Really it took me 32 hours to complete on normal and that's with the sidequests... have to understand the sidequest in this game are extremely fleshed out... no lame mako wondering on empty planets in this game!

Exploring the galaxy will snag you some nice planet quest on 100% original terrain, random boring terrain is gone from this game ;)! Also make sure to get some charts to get all the goodies in the galaxy ;)!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
aegies said:
That's a big improvement in the length of ME1 imo. You could easily finish a straight story play through of that game in 10-12 hours.

Cep

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Vanguard would be great if you could get rid of charge and replace it with a useful skill. :(
Sigh, I never played a tech class, so maybe I'll go Sentinel.

I almost always used a Vanguard in ME1, but charge is so crappy...

Sentinel 4 Life(unless ME3 screws them up)

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
twdnewh_k said:
Oh man it's finally here !

Had this pre-bought on steam for a while, Hope my 8800GT will run it well.

It will do just fine, ran it on myt laptop with a 7950 and getting 30-40 fps. Game runs alot better than the first one!

Arjen

So which classes is everybody using/ planning to use?
I was a Vanguard in 1, but i think i'm going to switch to Infiltrator, because that cloaking looks totally badass.

kitzkozan

Cep said:
I almost always used a Vanguard in ME1, but charge is so crappy...

Sentinel 4 Life(unless ME3 screws them up)

In a way,it's kinda sad if true...

On the other hand,my Vanguard will be a challenge and I will get the job done(my favorite class still). :D Plus,I gotta test charge and spam the Bioware board as to how it can be improved. :lol

twdnewh_k

DarkoMaledictus said:
It will do just fine, ran it on myt laptop with a 7950 and getting 30-40 fps. Game runs alot better than the first one!

Glad to hear that, ME 1 ran very well and looked fantastic

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Used adept! That singularity power is just beefy! Using singulairty in combination with jake's shockwave power was just awesome ;)! Adept has really changed this time around, you can spam strong biotics pretty fast, so no need to use the guns that much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom