• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
Xanafalgue said:
I am never watching another GameTrailers review again. Why didn't they just go ahead and summarise the entire story from beginning to end, seems like they got halfway there *rolls eyes*.

This isn't an irregularity with them by any means- hell, they showed footage of Ilos in their review of the first Mass Effect. It's usually better to simply wait till after you've beat the game to watch.

Artadius

Early game question that is plot / squad related:

The first real mission where you investigate the missing colonists and you encounter Tali... I pissed her off I think because I chose to have the Quarian body sent back to Cerberus instead of allowing her to take it. Have I ruined any opportunity to ever have Tali in my party? Not a HUGE deal if so, I never used her in ME1... I'll grab her next playthrough though.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Synless said:
Doesn't it get tied to the account when I had Dragon age? I got my dragon armor and everything.....
Then use the Dragon Age Existing Account sign up if you haven't created a Social account. IIRC, I couldn't log into the site using my DA account info until I went through the Social sign up process linking it to my other EA/BioWare/DA accounts.

Zeliard

nVidia users, use 00000145 compatibility mode in nHancer to force AA in Mass Effect 2.

The game is pretty god damn beautiful at times. I love the lighting, and the art style is very strong, especially some of the new character design (like Thane's race - I can barely stop staring at him in cutscenes).

Artadius said:

The first real mission where you investigate the missing colonists and you encounter Tali... I pissed her off I think because I chose to have the Quarian body sent back to Cerberus instead of allowing her to take it. Have I ruined any opportunity to ever have Tali in my party? Not a HUGE deal if so, I never used her in ME1... I'll grab her next playthrough though.

I believe you have to ultimately recruit every character as a part of the regular storyline, so I don't think that's an issue. Might affect the romance, though.

Synless

Killthee said:
Then use the Dragon Age Existing Account sign up if you haven't created a Social account. IIRC, I couldn't log into the site using my DA account info until I went through the Social sign up process linking it to my other EA/BioWare/DA accounts.
You have to link the accounts first? So do I make up a whole new profile on their site and it asks me what accounts I have? I say this because I just tried the dragon age one and no dice.

Einbroch

Banned
Artadius said:

No. You can still recruit her.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ceebs said:
Download one of the PC saves that matches how you played the first one?

To be honest, I am on my second playthough (one with and one without import data) and outside of the level and mineral bonuses for importing, it is not a game altering change to not import data. It's just a few select cut scenes being altered and cameos by characters from the first game that I doubt anyone would remember unless they played through the first game recently.

You know I did not even think of doing that..

I guess that is the best option! Cheers.

Ironborn

Banned
thanks to Ponn01 i got some dr.pepper codes, and i got the ce armor/weapon for free, but i'm still missing the blood dragon/terminus/inferno armor, so if anyone could spare a code...:D

Ponn01 said:
My only nitpick is it seems to me they changed up the talking points and you can no longer be sure what the paragon responses are and what are the Renegade. I went through a whole dialog thinking for sure I was picking the paragon responses and at the end I got hit with a bunch of renegade points.
I'm actually happy with that. It makes you think before you choose what you want to say. Thats how it was in KOTOR. There were instances where you had to negotiate with the enemy and if you didn't pick the right sequence of dialog choices you'd have to fight them. I think it makes it more organic.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just beat the game last night after getting it on Friday.

Best game I've ever played.
Red Blaster said:
Got lost on the last page, but could someone answer:

Can you manually set brightness/contrast?
Yes.

ME2's got a ton of small problems... sound and lighting to name a few, but goddam

goddam

Zeliard

Ceebs said:
Download one of the PC saves that matches how you played the first one?

To be honest, I am on my second playthough (one with and one without import data) and outside of the level and mineral bonuses for importing, it is not a game altering change to not import data. It's just a few select cut scenes being altered and cameos by characters from the first game that I doubt anyone would remember unless they played through the first game recently.

I didn't import either (lost my save), but I wish I could have. It's sort of annoying having every major decision just made for you. And in my case, pretty much all of the default decisions in ME2 if you don't import are the exact opposite of what I actually did during my playthrough of ME1.

Next time through I'm using a custom save.

burgerdog

How do I attach my gamertag to bioware social site? I played DA:O on pc so I have no idea how they handle the console side. Will ME2 ask me to login to my account? I'm scared that the game will automatically log on to a different account since I have other EA games on 360 that log on to EAs servers. God, this shit is so confusing.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Synless said:
You have to link the accounts first? So do I make up a whole new profile on their site and it asks me what accounts I have? I say this because I just tried the dragon age one and no dice.
If this is your first time at the Social site, you have to finish the sign up process by linking the account to an EA or DA account. It should take the DA info if you haven't linked it to another Social account.

Synless

Killthee said:
If this is your first time at the Social site, you have to finish the sign up process by linking the account to an EA or DA account. It should take the DA info if you haven't linked it to another Social account.
Awesome, thanks you've been a great help!!

sinseers

Now I'm playing ME2 on my 360, a 32' Vizio flat screen HDTV, sitting about 5 feet away max from my set. SO can someone tell me why in the F(*K is the text so damned small in this game compared to ME1 which was small enough to say the least. It really hurts when I'm in a conversation and I'm trying to decide what my response is going to be, but I'm squinting my eyes out trying to read that small A($ text on the screen. Where it really hurts me is in combat and I pull up the combat wheel and I'm trying to assign a weapon or ability to my team member and ONCE AGAIN I'm squinting my eyes out of their sockets trying to read this small A&! text. Could someone PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP, get word to these devs to either increase the size of the text on thier HD games or FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, put in the option to increase the text size so I can do it my damn self?

Note to Devs,

For proper font size guidelines see the following titles:

Super Mario Galaxy

Metroid Prime 3

Fable 2

No More Heroes

.........readers feel free to add to the pile. Really please do because this mess has got to stop!!!!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Zeliard said:
I didn't import either (lost my save), but I wish I could have. It's sort of annoying having every major decision just made for you. And in my case, pretty much all of the default decisions in ME2 if you don't import are the exact opposite of what I actually did during my playthrough of ME1.

Next time through I'm using a custom save.

Could you spoiler what some of those default decisions are? I'm just curious. I have a feeling that I made the exact same decisions that Bioware defaulted to. :lol

Label said:
You know I did not even think of doing that..

I guess that is the best option! Cheers.

Thats wicked, im going to do that too as my ME1 save is on the xbox.

Anyone know if the 360 codes on ebay will work for the PC version? (highly stupid question I know but its more desperation than anything else, the pc codes are very rare/ highly expensive when they do come up)

Zeliard

GuardianE said:
Could you spoiler what some of those default decisions are? I'm just curious. I have a feeling that I made the exact same decisions that Bioware defaulted to. :lol

If you're male Shepard, by default,
you didn't save the Citadel Council, you allowed Wrex and Kaiden to die, and Ashley is alive and well.

j-wood

Can someone explain how you're partners health system works? I can't tell in the HUD what is their shields and what is their health bar

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Zeliard said:
If you're male Shepard, by default,
you didn't save the Citadel Council, you allowed Wrex and Kaiden to die, and Ashley is alive and well.

Huh. Interesting. That's not exactly what I would have expected.

kitzkozan

Here's hoping Bioware can shut up the "critics" with the sequel to Dragon age as well.

On the other hand,I hope they don't play the metacritic monster too much.There's something upsetting about dumbing down your game and being rewarded like crazy for it. :lol

Mass effect 2 is already the highest rated "rpg" of all time and 3 will follow suit.I'm really wondering what message it will send to everyone else who's bothering with making rpg.

sinseers said:
Now I'm playing ME2 on my 360, a 32' Vizio flat screen HDTV, sitting about 5 feet away max from my set. SO can someone tell me why in the F(*K is the text so damned small in this game compared to ME1 which was small enough to say the least. It really hurts when I'm in a conversation and I'm trying to decide what my response is going to be, but I'm squinting my eyes out trying to read that small A($ text on the screen. Where it really hurts me is in combat and I pull up the combat wheel and I'm trying to assign a weapon or ability to my team member and ONCE AGAIN I'm squinting my eyes out of their sockets trying to read this small A&! text. Could someone PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP, get word to these devs to either increase the size of the text on thier HD games or FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, put in the option to increase the text size so I can do it my damn self?

Note to Devs,

For proper font size guidelines see the following titles:

Super Mario Galaxy

Metroid Prime 3

Fable 2

No More Heroes

.........readers feel free to add to the pile. Really please do because this mess has got to stop!!!!
If you're playing on an HDTV and can't read either you are sitting too far from the TV or you may need glasses. Seriously consider it because squinting is just going to ruin your eyes further.

Artadius said:

Nope

Naeblish

An account per game/developer sure is an annoying trend this generation. In a few years ever major developer has a account platform integrated with their games. Some one should just make a huge platform that offers an api for all developers, this is getting ridiculous.

Gyoru

aria-smug.gif

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Naeblish said:
An account per game/developer sure is an annoying trend this generation. In a few years ever major developer has a account platform integrated with their games. Some one should just make a huge platform that offers an api for all developers, this is getting ridiculous.

No developer will agree to share. That's why you see this segregation, and that's why I'm sure we'll see more. Activision will most assuredly do so. Ubisoft has one. Capcom and Square could easily follow suit with the setups they currently have.

I don't like it either, but it's the way things are headed.

Vamphuntr

Bloodsent said:
I don't believe he is up yet on 360.

The PC one is up. On the ME board they said that it will be up on wednesday or thursday for 360. So much for day 1 DLC. Look like it was Return to Ostagar'ed :lol

Has anyone been able to confirm if the North American release for Xbox360 is region free or not?

I cannot wait for this game, played the original Mass Effect till 4 am last night and was then late for work :p

(Sorry if this has been asked, I searched much of the thread manually and found nothing.)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I've had the launch trailer on repeat for the past twenty minutes. Fucking Steam. They haven't shat down my throat so hard since....HL2.

My girlfriend is flipping out over the phone. Still 4 and a half hours for her Digital Collector's Edition. So I guess I'm fortunate. :lol

Zeliard

brandonh83 said:
There's a lot of GOTY's this year. For once let's just let them all share the title.

This year's off to a powerful gaming start with Bayonetta and Mass Effect 2.

Sebulon3k said:
Does Zaeed have to be downloaded or does he come on the disc?

In the PC version, at least, you download him. He's about 450 megs or so.

To those who've been playing, have you been stumbling on that many anomalies? I've scanned quite a few planets through the course of playing, but I've never gotten an anomaly from that. I've only ever gotten one anomaly, and that was already pre-determined by coordinates I'd been given in some side quest beforehand.

There are supposedly some anomalies you just find by randomly scanning certain planets, but I haven't seen one yet.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Zeliard said:
This year's off to a powerful gaming start with Bayonetta and Mass Effect 2.

In the PC version, at least, you download him. He's about 450 megs or so.

To those who've been playing, have you been stumbling on that many anomalies? I've scanned quite a few planets through the course of playing, but I've never gotten an anomaly from that. I've only ever gotten one anomaly, and that was already pre-determined by coordinates I'd been given in some side quest beforehand.

There are supposedly some anomalies you just find by randomly scanning certain planets, but I haven't seen one yet.
There are a lot... you gotta be sure to purchase star maps to unlock extra areas though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom