• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

soldat7

PhoenixSFT said:
Anyone have a Terminus Armor code they'd feel like sparing? Picked it up for the 360 from Amazon.

A lot of us want codes...I recommend some contests or challenges to give everyone a chance.

Zeliard said:
This year's off to a powerful gaming start with Bayonetta and Mass Effect 2.

Indeed. I haven't even played ME2 yet despite the fact that I got it at midnight because my girlfriend watched a couple of the playthroughs I did this weekend and now she has forbidden me to play the game at all without her around to watch. Just shows how good the writing and voice acting and story was in the original and I can't help but imagine it's all even better here.

There will be a few games that come out soon that might contend with ME2 for me personally, I'm just doubtful that any will actually surpass it.

Dennis

Banned
Zeliard said:
This year's off to a powerful gaming start with Bayonetta and Mass Effect 2.

In the PC version, at least, you download him. He's about 450 megs or so.

To those who've been playing, have you been stumbling on that many anomalies? I've scanned quite a few planets through the course of playing, but I've never gotten an anomaly from that. I've only ever gotten one anomaly, and that was already pre-determined by coordinates I'd been given in some side quest beforehand.

There are supposedly some anomalies you just find by randomly scanning certain planets, but I haven't seen one yet.
I have found two that let to missions so far and I certainly haven't surveyed all planets yet. One of them appears to lead to a chain of futher missions/side quests.

ShogunX

Neverfade said:
Where do I find the Blood Dragon armor after downloading it?

Check your messages. You will have a message from the Illusive man. Then it will be available when you customise your armour in your private quarters. Just click once to the right.

soldat7 said:
A lot of us want codes...I recommend some contests or challenges to give everyone a chance.

Not free but some guy has The terminus code + M490 weapon codes both for $5.99 here - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230429360606&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

careksims

Zeliard said:
If you're male Shepard, by default,
you didn't save the Citadel Council, you allowed Wrex and Kaiden to die, and Ashley is alive and well.

Bleh. Almost opposite of everything I did in my ME1 game except
Kaiden had to die :)

C'mooooon Steam unlock!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Shogun PaiN said:
Check your messages. You will have a message from the Illusive man. Then it will be available when you customise your armour in your private quarters. Just click once to the right.
You can't mix and match. And that kind of sucks.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I have Cerberus access, and still haven't seen Zaeed show up in the list. Anyone else have this issue?

JoeBoy101

Installing to PC now, God Bless UPS. The Collectors Edition is a nice setup, though I could see the artbook was a danger in possible spoilers, so I left it alone. GAF, good luck in the verse. I have a lvl 60 Paragon and Renegade each and I'm going to be gone for a while. Arrivederci!

pahamrick

Wow, the squad mate DLC on 360 got delayed? :lol :(

How lame is that. Looks like I've got more time to finish my 360 Renegade run. I thought Zaeed looked awesome and definitely want him for my first playthrough of ME2.

Vamphuntr

Oh my, I think I just got trolled by UPS. Shipment delayed for no logical reason. So much for paying 15$ for overnight shipping :lol . Worse thing is that it's in one of their facility that is like 1 hour from my home. Anyway not too bad since I want the DLC guy when I start my game.

Meus Renaissance said:
I just read somewhere that you cannot buy weapons in this game but instead need to find them scattered? What? Say it aint so

Honestly I can't recall buying a weapon in ME, did I miss something sweet?

ShogunX

Long shot but a friend wants a Cerberus Code and is offering $25 for one. Was going to sell him mine but enjoy the game too much and Dont have any MS points at the mo :(

If anyone has a Cerberus Code they want to sell for $25 just PM me.

Gilgamesh

Zeliard said:
you didn't save the Citadel Council, you allowed Wrex and Kaiden to die, and Ashley is alive and well.
Automatically? What happened to being able retroactively make those decisions?

DY_nasty

zero margin said:
All Spectre weapons?

And while you don't actually 'buy' weapons. You still buy a host of upgrades, which in turn unlock more branching upgrades that you can research with the materials that you mine back on the Normandy.

For example. You're shopping on the Citadel and see an item in the shop that says "Shotgun Damage +20%". You purchase it, immediately upgraded the shotguns for the entire squad. The thing is, many times on missions you'll find weapons that you can scan that will flash "Upgrade Shotgun Ammo Stores", allowing you more shotty shells in your heat sink clip. Before it may have been locked and unable to research, but once you upgrade the damage a certain amount of times with "dmg +x" enough times, the more detailed and varying perks become available through research.

Thats sort of it... I could probably explain it better but I'm still reeling from beating the game and still drying to wrap my mind around how awesome the game is.

Vamphuntr

Shogun PaiN said:
Long shot but a friend wants a Cerberus Code and is offering $25 for one. Was going to sell him mine but enjoy the game too much and Dont have any MS points at the mo :(

Cerberus code? It's in the game for free when you buy it. There is no way in hell he got a used copy that soon. You're supposed to be able to pay 15$ for it too.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Shogun PaiN said:

Why don't you just get a points card from a store?

Doytch

Gilgamesh said:
It might be like Kotor 2, where you can just skip the opening where you make those choices and accept a canonical version of the story. Pure guess though.

zero margin said:

You really don't miss much until you hit 1,000,000 credits. After that you unlock SPECTRE weapons, which were the best in the game.

Also you can purchase medgel and gernade upgrades which increase the max amts of each you could carry.

whatevermort said:
All the shops?

what, I said weapons not that I didn't buy anything

Sir Garbageman said:
You really don't miss much until you hit 1,000,000 credits. After that you unlock SPECTRE weapons, which were the best in the game.

Also you can purchase medgel and gernade upgrades which increase the max amts of each you could carry.

gotcha gotcha, I did get those upgrades and mods but weapons themselves no.

ShogunX

Vamphuntr said:
Cerberus code? It's in the game for free when you buy it. There is no way in hell he got a used copy that soon. You're supposed to be able to pay 15$ for it too.

Yeah he didn't get a used copy. The guys an asshole who regularly spoils games for me and bangs on about the joys of piracy. Stayed media free for ME2 and then he sends me a pic on MSN of fucking Garrus.

Zeliard

Also, is it possible to ever converse with Zaeed on the ship, or is he just not really a "full" character? That seems like an odd omission, even if he is a DLC character. It makes him inherently less developed than every other major character, especially your companions. It's a shame, too, because the character is neat and his voice actor is splendid.

Gilgamesh said:

Maybe that was originally part of the plans, but it doesn't seem to have made its way to the final game. There's an early point where Jacob and Miranda go over what you "remember", and some had said you'd be able to make ME1 decisions there, but you can't.

Doodis

fu3lfr3nzy said:
Anybody with the GameStop armor/weapon post impressions?
I haven't used it in combat yet, I've just gotten far enough that I can put it on. But I have to say, just from looks and customizing options, I'm digging the default N7 armor more than the Terminus armor, Collector armor, or Blood Dragon armor. But again, still need to give them a spin in combat.

Vamphuntr said:

The code comes with every copy. Could be a rental. I'm guessing his friend found a copy in Somalia (or some other vague allusion to piracy).

You can get the thing online, as well, and he'd have to go online to activate it and download the content, so that seems like a weird offer.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Vamphuntr said:
Could be a rental..... or not.

C-Jo

Picture1.png

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

NinjaBoiX

Does anyone know if there is a set of questions to answer at the start if you've played ME1 but don't have your save? I want my decisions to carry over, but can't face a thirdplaythrough, especially before Friday!

sinseers

infinityBCRT said:
If you're playing on an HDTV and can't read either you are sitting too far from the TV or you may need glasses. Seriously consider it because squinting is just going to ruin your eyes further.

I won't deny that my eyes are not what they used to be, but I did also list a number of games that I have no problem in reading their in game text because the text is clearly legible and at a nice font size. AS far as distance goes, I should be able to sit on my couch at about 7-8' and be able to read in game text from my games like I have been prior to the HD console era. I am currently in a lounge chair at about 4' max from my TV which is close IMO.

It really is the fact that the text is small as shish though because I dont have this problem with every game just a select number. As I stated earlier, if devs are going to keep this up at the very least, let me be able to adjust font size from within the game so I can sit back in my couch and enjoy.

JudgeN

Zeliard said:

Damn I don't give a shit about
The Council or Kaiden but I want Wrex to be alive FUCK
really wish I hadn't got rid of my save game when I uninstalled Mass effect (Even though I don't remember doing that).

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Shogun PaiN said:
Yeah he didn't get a used copy. The guys an asshole who regularly spoils games for me and bangs on about the joys of piracy. Stayed media free for ME2 and then he sends me a pic on MSN of fucking Garrus.
Fuck that guy.

Rad-

kitzkozan said:
Mass effect 2 is already the highest rated "rpg" of all time and 3 will follow suit.I'm really wondering what message it will send to everyone else who's bothering with making rpg.

Bioware is kicking ass on metacritic. If you filter it to show only RPGs, top 3 ever are:

1. Xbox 360: Mass Effect 2 (2010) 96

2. PC Games: Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn (2000) 95

3. Xbox: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (2003) 94

Gilgamesh

Zeliard said:
Maybe that was originally part of the plans, but it doesn't seem to have made its way to the final game. There's an early point where Jacob and Miranda go over what you "remember", and some had said you'd be able to make ME1 decisions there, but you can't.
Damn, that sucks. I was looking forward to that aspect since I switched to PC. I guess I'll have to download save games.

Shogun PaiN said:

If you want I'll sell him my used game code and we split the money. :lol

ShogunX

whatevermort said:
I'm guessing his friend found a copy in Somalia (or some other vague allusion to piracy). You can get the thing online, as well.

Yep got it in one. What annoys me is how cool he is about it as well.

He was playing ODST early last year so I filed a complaint against him :lol

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Shogun PaiN said:

What the fuck? Why is this guy your friend? Fuck him.

DY_nasty

Zeliard said:
I keep hearing this from everyone but John Davison (though he also said it was great in his own way).
Does this John Davison pal around with terrorists? Does he hate Freedom?

I think so.

Why is everyone going crazy over Terminus armour codes? Like, so crazy they'd spend as much on a digital costume as they would on the entire game.

Are the codes region free btw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom