• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doodis

Zeliard said:
Maybe that was originally part of the plans, but it doesn't seem to have made its way to the final game. There's an early point where Jacob and Miranda go over what you "remember", and some had said you'd be able to make ME1 decisions there, but you can't.
Did you import your character? Because you're not supposed to be able to change anything if you did. It's only supposed to be adjustable if you're starting with a fresh character.

If you did use a new character, then nevermind.

Vamphuntr

So I was not trolled by UPS after all. Even though my tracking still shows that It should come tomorrow, I just got it. Now to wait for zaeed or not....

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I NEED SCISSORS said:
Why is everyone going crazy over Terminus armour codes? Like, so crazy they'd spend as much on a digital costume as they would on the entire game.

Are the codes region free btw?

These are worth money? I'm lazy and don't feel like taking the time to plug the code into the game. Maybe I'll just ebay it.

Goodness gracious. This game is AWESOME so far. I couldn't pull myself away last night, the graphics were great, framerate was solid and the immersion/universe is so expanded and full I had blood flow in areas of my body as a result.

So. Good.

One minor complaint - I was migrating my Shepard over and as soon as I got the first achievement after they were done
reconstructing Shepard
, my Xbox froze at the loading screen. Did this happen to anyone else first time through?

Well, I got my CE!:D The tin case is really nice. I'm installing the disc on to my hard drive right now.

I have the Xbox 360 version, and if anyone wants this "chitinous armor and assault rifle" that came with the CE, the first one to PM me gets it. I don't really want it.

Edit - and it's gone.

Gilgamesh

ZeroRay said:
I'm raging because I have to wait till tonight to get this game.

Damn college.
College is canceled here due to blizzarding. Ah, the virtues of living in the midwest! :lol

Now if only Steam would unlock the game already...

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Vamphuntr said:
So I was not trolled by UPS after all. Even though my tracking still shows that It should come tomorrow, I just got it. Now to wait for zaeed or not....

Good to hear. enjoy the game.

Darkness said:
These are worth money?

$40 on ebay sound good to you?

I'm in the UK and want to flog it on US ebay for these crazy prices, which is why i'm wondering if there's region protection. Means I basically get the game free yet still give Bioware my money. :lol

Gilgamesh

Doodis said:
Did you import your character? Because you're not supposed to be able to change anything if you did. It's only supposed to be adjustable if you're starting with a fresh character.

Unfortunately, he said he didn't import and was complaining that the decisions were the opposite of what he did.

Swag

Fuck I really hate how the dlc armor can't have the helmets removed, why didn't they give the option to at least have conversations with it off :(. Can't see what Shepherd is saying at all

scarybore

Benson said:
Just got my shipped conformation in the UK from gameplay for my PC CE, hopefully it arrives before Friday. Exciting!

Game just shipped my 360 CE, it usually arrives on a Thursday when I preorder but I hope it comes tomorrow. :D

ShogunX

One thing I have to say from playing so far is just how important it is to play the 1st Mass Effect before playing this one. So glad I had a save prepared and gave myself a refresh before ME2 hit.

This game really wouldn't work half as well if they port to PS3 and don't release the 1st before hand.

Sebulon3k said:
Fuck I really hate how the dlc armor can't have the helmets removed, why didn't they give the option to at least have conversations with it off :(. Can't see what Shepherd is saying at all

Thats a pet peeve of mine as well.

Zeliard

neojubei said:
What does John Davison have to say about the game?

This is what he wrote about the ending:

John Davison said:
Make no mistake, the whole sequence is a truly spectacular piece of game design, and it's an exciting fight that's wonderfully executed -- it's just that after all of the preamble, all of the exposition, and all of the effort to bring everyone together, it feels wholly unnecessary. It's a classic problem for the second episode of any narrative trilogy, but in this case I really do wish that BioWare had looked to one their obvious inspirations for the franchise and realized that there's a very good reason why nothing exploded at the end of The Empire Strikes Back.

I can't say anything about that till I get to it. He pretty much says that the battle itself is awesome, but that it's jarring in terms of the narrative.

Full review is here:

http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/213697/mass-effect-2/

It's quite well-written.

neojubei

Zeliard said:

I can't say anything about that till I get to it. He pretty much says that the battle itself is awesome, but that it's jarring in terms of the narrative.

Full review is here:

It's quite well-written.

Thanks

Sebulon3k said:

That sucks. I wanted Shepard to wear the blood dragon armor without the helmet.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Zeliard said:

Full review is here:

It's quite well-written.
Wow, I completely disagree with that.

I'm sure many others will once they get to that point in the game too.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
So I picked up Mass Effect 2 today about 2 and a half hours ago - problem is that 1) I have a project to work on with a group and I committed myself to stay till 10:30 tonight, which is four more hours from now, and 2) there was no CE in at all today, they'll be coming in TOMORROW.

But this is why it's good to have longtime friends that own a store - without me even asking, he told me that I can just buy the regular version and bring it back tomorrow for the CE - this is why you cherish your friends :)

I could just bail and go play Mass Effect 2, but I'd feel bad about it, especially since it'll be a huge problem for myself as well :lol , but oh well, I will persevere - reading the HYPE from the last few pages, including seeing that Mass Effect 2 got a 9 from EDGE along with all those other 10's means that my tied-favorite-game on the 360 got a sequel that I hoping to receive.

Fuck yeah.

I just need to figure out how I'm going to collect all of the pre-order armor and special promotion weapons, because the store still didn't get any word about pre-order codes - damn.

Cynar

hype level increased even more :D ! I was pretty upset when I first heard about it not being included but glad it made it's way back in. I love new game+ :D

dralla

If I didn't like ME will I like this? What I didn't like about ME...pretty much everything. The combat was clunky, the inventory was unmanageable, the story was boring/cliche B-level sci-fi, characters were one dimensional..but I did like the music!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
dralla said:
If I didn't like ME will I like this? What I didn't like about ME...pretty much everything. The combat was clunky, the inventory was unmanageable, the story was boring/cliche B-level sci-fi, characters were one dimensional..but I did like the music!
its vastly improved in every area. but if you somehow didn't like like the feel of the story in the first, then i doubt its for you

me is one of the top 5 sci-fi games ever, if you consider this b-level, then i just don't know what to tell you

Shit. I forgot that I pre-ordered this, like, November last year and forgot to update my credit card information on the order. I just updated it and will probably get the game tomorrow now. Oh well, I have to do some homework - and I still haven't finished Dragon Age.

Ponn

Banned
I just spent a hour going over
the new normandy
What a trip. Also, can you start a relationship with
EDI
? Baw-chika-wowow

Coin Return

Loose Slot
dralla said:
No. You'll hate it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Gilgamesh said:
Unfortunately, he said he didn't import and was complaining that the decisions were the opposite of what he did.

I can only imagine that this was because they wanted to encourage sales of ME1.

hulot

Darkness said:
These are worth money? I'm lazy and don't feel like taking the time to plug the code into the game. Maybe I'll just ebay it.
The bonus armors are nice looking but on the first playthrough, I'd rather see Shepard's face during the conversations. But the Terminus Heavy Weapon....wow. Also wow @ those ebay prices, $20-40!!?

Solo

DY_nasty said:
New Game+ and End Game is great.

End Game is Great.

As good as ME1's? Because that was some epic shit. Scaling up the side of the Citadel, fighting Saren amidst the giant spaceship battle raging on around you, etc.

I got my copy at the office from Amazon. Of course I have to stay late for a work event tonight. I am considering lying and saying I can't go. ME2 is taunting me!

God's Beard said:
How much does the item shop matter? Can you reasonably beat the game without it? What exactly do you buy if you don't buy weapons and stuff?

BioWare will release streams of free DLCs (including new team members) which can be downloaded only via Cerberus network.

Zeliard

Doodis said:

It was a brand new character. I paid attention to that memory scene with Jacob and Miranda because I wanted to make specific ME1 decisions, but options never came up to change anything.

I can understand why they did that since it rewards players who import a lot more heavily. PC users can get by this to some extent using custom end-game saves.

Whenever I see Miranda, I see this actress
michelle-monaghan-picture-1.jpg

mYm|17|

Sebulon3k said:
Yea that sucks. With the Terminus armor on, he kinda sounds like Darth Vader

neojubei

The Picture Quality of the videos on the collectors edition disc are quite awful, I know Bioware could not use blu-ray but they should have had the option to download the video in the 360 so they could look better.

Ponn

Banned
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Family Guy clip with rednecks trying to have sex with the VHS player.:lol

"It's my sex box! And her name is Sony."

Has anyone watched the documentary DVD that came with the CE version yet? Is it alot more then the sci vs fi ME2 vids that were released a couple weeks ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom