• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DodgerSan

Nemesis556 said:
Just finished Mass Effect Galaxy. Did the EA login, but nothing is coming up on the BioWare Social Site.

Would it even appear on the BioWare Social Site?

I was wondering about that myself. It's not very clear in the game what's supposed to happen.

Real nice work on the official thread. Really can't wait for this. It's been a hard week; long hours waiting for this to arrive. Boy will it be worth it! I like the look of the free DLC armor, didn't know they released information on what it looked like.

Mad_Ban

Very nice OP. :D

I've been waiting for this game for such a long time (since I finished ME1 really) and it's such agony that it's sooooo close to release. The only negative I can think of will be the wait until ME3. :lol

spidye

is the jump from me1 to me2 a big one in terms of quality like assassin's creed or is tit just a good sequel?
I actually enjoyed the first one but it had many flaws. I will get it anyway just for the story but I want to know what I should expect from the game.

hamchan

ZeroRay said:
If ME ever comes out for the PS3, it will probably be in a streamlined ME1/ME2 bundle before the release of ME3.
I would blow my load for a ME collection on PS3, even though I already own ME on 360 and PC and plan to buy ME2 for both again. Ninja Gaiden managed to make it to PS3 so hopefully ME can as well.

LOZLINK

People who have
gotten with Miranda. How long into the game did you do it? I just rescued Jack and Miranda got pissed that I let Jack see the files

Peff

DodgerSan said:
I was wondering about that myself. It's not very clear in the game what's supposed to happen.

The bonus is there, but there is no way to check it out at the moment. I guess it will say something when you enter your EA account on Mass Effect 2.

if we import first game saves do we have to make a new shepard or we use old one?

If you want to, you can modify the look and the class of your character. IF you don't, you don't have to.

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
The funny thing is, is the more you see Miranda the hotter she becomes. God DAMN!
I thought she was hot all along...

Anyways, she said she's interested in dropping by my cabin when things quiet down. Sex soon?

Mad_Ban

Orbitcube said:
Found this on Youtube, it's the Miranda sex scene. Shame there's no sound, but hey, take what you can get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xghq-0ZNDlo
2ue0fo0.gif

And with the amount of spoilers I'm seeing and tempted to highlight, I'm now bailing out of this thread. See you guys next week. :p

Ironborn

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
Ability spoiler:

Lift has been changed to pull which lifts an enemy in the air then pulls then towards the caster.

As for ME2 in the PS3 I don't think they ever confirmed it and I doubt they'd release the second one before the first.

ok thanks, i guess i'll roll with the vanguard once again

as for ME ps3, probably won't happen
they'd have to port the first one first, and bioware not exactly being tech gods, probably wouldn't get the UE3 running on the ps3 :lol
MS might also have given EA some monies for exclusivity

Damn, looking through this thread, that's a lot of prerelease copies of the game. I'm really surprised at how easily stores broke the street date, considering how tight games like this have been kept. I think we should ask for box pictures for those posting, cause this is such a high profile game. :lol

hamchan

Orbitcube said:
Damn, looking through this thread, that's a lot of prerelease copies of the game. I'm really surprised at how easily stores broke the street date, considering how tight games like this have been kept. I'm almost inclined to ask to see pics of people's boxes, but I don't want to be a backseat mod or anything.
I'm all for it as long as it doesn't turn into a shitfest like the scribblenauts thread. I need to find me one of these street breaking stores as there seems to be a crapload.

Ponti

Kevin Harris said:
Guys,

Where in the UK can I get the xbox 360 Collector's Edition.

Dont find it on any of the usual places only the standard edition.
Only GAME, and their out of 360 CE's last time I checked.

Mr_Zombie

Darklord said:
I'm just happy I'm getting the PC version. A fix for that will come out even faster than the Miranda nude mod.
That is if ME2 is moddable. There aren't that many mods for ME1 and most of them are just textures swaps via texmod :(

I would love for BioWare to release ME toolkit.

Been waiting for this since forever it seems. So, so ready. I have to finish a paper which is due on the 29th and the week after that is almost solely reserved for playing Mass Effect 2.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mr_Zombie said:
That is if ME2 is moddable. There aren't that many mods for ME1 and most of them are just textures swaps via texmod :(

Depends how the effect is programmed into the game. Its quite possible it's a binary entry in the game's .ini config, so like the original (and most UE3 games) you'd be able to turn off and tweak various rendering effects with a simple text entry.

Question for those with the PC version; how does the game handle OC'd CPUs? Mass Effect wont load get past loading screens when my CPU is overclocked, but lots of other UE3 games work. Is ME2 kinder to my PC hardware? My CPU is pretty old and I'd like to squeeze everything I can out of it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Kevin Harris said:
Guys,

It was a GAME exclusive (I think gameplay.co.uk and gamestation had it too, as they're owned by GAME), but from what I can tell they've not got any more left for the 360, only PC copies.

Darklord

Banned
Mr_Zombie said:

I would love for BioWare to release ME toolkit.

Dragon Age had one, surely they'd do the same for ME2. I hope. :|

stupei

hamchan said:
I'm all for it as long as it doesn't turn into a shitfest like the scribblenauts thread. I need to find me one of these street breaking stores as there seems to be a crapload.

It's driving me nuts honestly because all the stores I know of that frequently break street date say that EA specifically delayed the shipment that was supposed to arrive Friday so that it won't hit until Monday. And yet, all these people! Where are they finding them?

But I keep reminding myself that the CE is worth waiting for and I am allowing myself time to really enjoy the ME1 replay.

... yeah, that isn't actually helping, though.

mileS

Milk Lizard said:
Nah this is worse, wtf is that ? Look like a red plant growing on your face.

it doesn't look that bad until you die. In MW2 it looked like that while you are still alive so i'm not sure how you can say its worse.

Beautiful OP! Cannot wait any longer for this game! Guess I'll just watch the launch trailer for the hundredth time and take a deep breath...

Himajin

Damn, once again Japan seems to be the only country left out for EA Steam purchases...
I guess I'll have to get a physical copy after all...

DodgerSan

Darklord said:
Dragon Age had one, surely they'd do the same for ME2. I hope. :|

I wouldn't hold your breath. Releasing a toolset needs to be planned from day 1 in order to make it at least semi-accessible to non-professionals. I haven't heard anywhere that this was ever planned for Mass Effect.

Would be cool though.

.:Wesker:. said:
5p4f13.jpg

This is rape, for your eyes.

haha I couldn't wait for you guys to see this.

who ever art directed the HUD had the day off when they made this.

also, wtf is up with the use of Trebuchet MS all over the place. gross.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Kevin Harris said:
Guys,

It was GAME exclusive and they've sold out.

A collectors edition actually selling out... makes a change!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom