• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
_Xenon_ said:
How is it possible to let this shit pass the certification? @_@ Don't tell me they learnt this stupid thing from MW2 ...
that's the 'you're dead' screen. surely it wouldn't be that bad in action?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
i haven't seen any vids, edited the above post to actually say what I meant. i hope it isn't that shitty. what a bummer.

Darklord

Banned
Pics of female Shepherd has been released. I haven't seen any before, sorry if it's old news. Some of the custom ones look like a terminator with dead skin grafted over her, ugh.

screenshot-083-p.jpg

screenshot-084-p.jpg

screenshot-096-p.jpg

screenshot-075-p.jpg

KHarvey16 said:
People actually care about this? :lol

It was so annoying in MW2 with the bad warning screen. I couldn't see shit with all that "jam" over the screen. This looks even worse and for someone who plays as a Vanguard and likes getting up close I'll be seeing those veins a LOT.

Peff

I'd be better off with a simple life bar but they attempted to do something similar in the first game too (which made the full screen darker). Maybe they can patch it out, but even if they can't, it's not a deal breaker
since most of us won't probably be seeing it very often anyways

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Darklord said:
Pics of female Shepherd has been released. I haven't seen any before, sorry if it's old news. Some of the custom ones look like a terminator with dead skin grafted over her, ugh.

http://na.llnet.bioware.cdn.ea.com/u/f/eagames/bioware/masseffect2/resources/assets/media/screenshots/screenshot-083-p.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://na.llnet.bioware.cdn.ea.com/u/f/eagames/bioware/masseffect2/resources/assets/media/screenshots/screenshot-084-p.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://na.llnet.bioware.cdn.ea.com/u/f/eagames/bioware/masseffect2/resources/assets/media/screenshots/screenshot-096-p.jpg[/IG]
[IMG]http://na.llnet.bioware.cdn.ea.com/u/f/eagames/bioware/masseffect2/resources/assets/media/screenshots/screenshot-075-p.jpg[/IG]

[/QUOTE]
awesome. female shepard was, by far, my favourite shepard in the first game. the VA was outstanding.

everyone, even people at bioware, always refer to shepard as a 'he', but the character has always seemed way more interesting to me as a 'she'.

Yeah, female Shepard is definitely the best. I'm playing through ME with a male Shepard for the first time this weekend and I don't really dig it. He doesn't seem as awesome or fit for the role as female Shepard!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Female Shepard works so well, I think, because the game is so attuned to both male and female roles. Unlike games built from the ground up to focus on a female protagonist, it never feels like she's a forced female role, in the sense that it's some silly attempt to do something different or break stereotypes.

It's playing the game with a woman as the lead, and the whole thing feels really natural. Female Shepard, despite being a choice and not even the 'lead' choice from the developers, is ironically one of the best female gaming protagonists in a very long time.

Feorax

Hmm... My preorder at amazon.co.uk has an estimated delivery date of Feb 1st... I suppose thats what I get for going for the £29.99 deal.

Fakto

Importing a Level 60 character will have your character start off at Level 5 in Mass Effect 2, plus:

• Renegade or Paragon starting at 10% (If you have 100% Renegade or Paragon in ME1)
• Credits: 150,000
• Palladium: 10,000
• Iridium: 10,000

• Platinum: 10,000
• Element Zero: 10,000

Importing a Level 50 character will have your character start off at Level 3, plus:

• Credits: 100,000
• Palladium: 9,000
• Iridium: 9,000
• Platinum: 9,000
• Element Zero: 9,000

What you get in between Level 50 and 60 ranges between the bonuses awarded.

I finished the game at lvl 46 ... Arrrrrggggg ! Fuck it ! I'm going to play it again in New Game + and finish it before it releases here in Europe ! ò.ó
[Downloading the 3 patches as we speak]

Mr_Zombie

Those female Shapards are looking nice. And it seems they improved hairs (still plastic wig, but at least has more details).

S1kkZ

Feorax said:
Hmm... My preorder at amazon.co.uk has an estimated delivery date of Feb 1st... I suppose thats what I get for going for the £29.99 deal.
for me too. they really should send it out 2 days earlier (i live in germany).
but i prefer to wait 2-3 days longer and play the game in english. the german voice track is a disaster.

Cep

Banned
It's just as bad, if not worse. Seriously. How does this stuff pass any quality barrier?

Have you been playing the game? From all of the videos I've seen, it's pretty bad.

After a while, you get used to it.

And this is coming from someone whose first playthrough is on insane, I see the death screen a LOT

Mr_Zombie said:
Those female Shapards are looking nice. And it seems they improved hairs (still plastic wig, but at least has more details).

That is what I was thinking. I doubt they will have long hair. I am really wanting some long hair!

Rad-

Czech Level magazine:

If all games were the same as Mass Effect 2, humankind would face extinction. Everyone would keep playing the game forgetting about everything else.

9/10

Rez said:
awesome. female shepard was, by far, my favourite shepard in the first game. the VA was outstanding.

everyone, even people at bioware, always refer to shepard as a 'he', but the character has always seemed way more interesting to me as a 'she'.
Same here.

I spent a good afternoon on creating my Meryl Shepard and she definitely looks good.

By the way:

Can anyone clarify if Miranda is a love interest for female Shepard?

Cep

Banned
AgentOtaku said:
Just to confirm

They didn't put 360 controller support in the PC version right?

Did not find one.

atheistium said:
That is what I was thinking. I doubt they will have long hair. I am really wanting some long hair!

None

Silicon Knight said:
Same here.

I spent a good afternoon on creating my Meryl Shepard and she definitely looks good.

By the way:

Can anyone clarify if Miranda is a love interest for female Shepard?

No same sex, at least from what i have seen.

Darklord said:
Pics of female Shepherd has been released.
pics*

The third one is exactly how my Shepard looks like, I going to use her again for ME2, I am to used to female Shepard, oh and I have to finish AC2 before tuesday, 2 or 3 missions left one that one.

Cep

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Oh yeah, how does the game handle the end game? Is there a New Game+ in ME2 or not?

Yes, you have the ability to 'import' a ME2 character. Also, as per the loading screen tips, one of the achievements allows for +25% EXP

Peff

firehawk12 said:
Oh yeah, how does the game handle the end game? Is there a New Game+ in ME2 or not?

You can continue playing after finishing the game AND you can import ME2 characters into ME2, which works as a New Game+.

EDIT: Beaten! And that's a lot of extra experience o_O

Sipowicz

Banned
eh?

a lot of people want to see what the fuck is happening on the screen when there's health is low

what's hard to understand about that?

VicViper

What if your character dies? I think your finished game save should include this info, if they want to make it persistent with Mass Effect 3. How is New Game+ going to work in this case?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Peff said:
You can continue playing after finishing the game AND you can import ME2 characters into ME2, which works as a New Game+.

EDIT: Beaten! And that's a lot of extra experience o_O

Ah, okay. So you still "restart" though? Like importing a ME1 character? You don't get to play through with a power-up character like in the first game?

Cep

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Ah, okay. So you still "restart" though? Like importing a ME1 character? You don't get to play through with a power-up character like in the first game?

You can.

Truant

The blood effect thing in that screenshot is only at that stage if you actually die. It's not nearly as bad when you're alive, but it keeps you on your toes. It saved me a lot, since the health system is a bit different and it's hard to keep track of how much you have left.

Progress report: 20 hours in and I'm still missing four team members. Lots to do!

Enjoying this so much more than Dragon Age, even if it's not really an RPG anymore.

Cep

Banned
Truant said:
The blood effect thing in that screenshot is only at that stage if you actually die. It's not nearly as bad when you're alive, but it keeps you on your toes. It saved me a lot, since the health system is a bit different and it's hard to keep track of how much you have left.

Progress report: 20 hours in and I'm still missing four team members. Lots to do!

Enjoying this so much more than Dragon Age, even if it's not really an RPG anymore.

We are about at the same place, as i have said many time before, it is not so much the fact that a near death indicator exists, but that it is so ugly.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Truant said:

pc or 360 ?how does self shadowing on character faces looks like this time i hope it is not as ugly as it was in me1

Cep

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Hrm, I think I'm confused - what did by what you said in your post about the achievement?

Okay let me clarify. New Game+ exists in all its glory(Though I do not see the point, the hardest difficulty can be done easily enough on the first playthrough with a ME1 file).

Earning certain achievement(s) will allow have extra effects on new characters created, I should not have included this earlier, not entirely relevant.

OMG Aero

VicViper said:
What if your character dies? I think your finished game save should include this info, if they want to make it persistent with Mass Effect 3. How is New Game+ going to work in this case?
Maybe Shepard is no longer the main character in ME3.

Do achievements have in game effect like in the first game? Getting bonuses based on achievements for subsequent play throughs was pretty much the only practical use of the system on any xbox360 game I've played. Please tell me this still exists.

Cep

Banned
elrechazao said:
Do achievements have in game effect like in the first game? Getting bonuses based on achievements for subsequent play throughs was pretty much the only practical use of the system on any xbox360 game I've played. Please tell me this still exists.

Agreed. I know of at least one achievement that does this, but lemme check the others.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Cep said:
Okay let me clarify. New Game+ exists in all its glory(Though I do not see the point, the hardest difficulty can be done easily enough on the first playthrough with a ME1 file).

Earning certain achievement(s) will allow have extra effects on new characters created, I should not have included this earlier, not entirely relevant.

Ah, okay.

Is five extra levels that much of an advantage though? My understanding is that they upped the combat difficulty this time around, so I was thinking I would need a second playthrough to be able to clear through it on insanity.

Oh, another question - can you reach 30 in one playthrough?

Cep

Banned
elrechazao said:
Also to you or anyone who beat it, any gamerpic awards for beating the game this time? Thanks!

Not close enough to beat it (Insane is pretty damn difficult, only really got used to it at 15 hours).

Also, the achievements to not list any effects, but i know that at least one of them give you one, may be that i need to get some of the harder ones (although...)

S1kkZ

mescalineeyes said:
How about I come to your workplace and shit all over what you do ;)

in all seriousness, ME2 is a lot better (in german) than part 1.
nope.
the new male shepard voice is a disaster: sounds way to old and lacks any emotion.
same goes for all the other characters (that i heard so far): complete lack of emotion.

i would prefer the german version, if ea would finally talk about the release of the english voice track as dlc.

Jinjo

elrechazao said:

I sure hope so. I want to spec the other classes with weapons/abilities they normally can't use. Makes for some great combinations.

Cep

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Ah, okay.

Is five extra levels that much of an advantage though? My understanding is that they upped the combat difficulty this time around, so I was thinking I would need a second playthrough to be able to clear through it on insanity.

Oh, another question - can you reach 30 in one playthrough?

Good question. The firs time, I do not think it is likely. 20 hours in and I am
at level 15.

Also, combat difficulty is definitely up. I have died more times in one scenario (especially two of them so far) on Insane difficulty than I have on all my ME1 play-throughs combined

Jinjo said:
I sure hope so. I want to spec the other classes with weapons/abilities they normally can't use. Makes for some great combinations.

Those kind of achievements are not in. You can do this, as wells re-spec, for an Eezo fee in the research lab.

wRATH2x

Banned
Alright guys answer this without spoiling anything.

So if I went from Paragon to Renegade, would the characters start noticing a difference? Like saying I became a hard ass because
Kaiden died, Ashley left me, etc.
?

Cep said:
Not close enough to beat it (Insane is pretty damn difficult, only really got used to it at 15 hours).

Also, the achievements to not list any effects, but i know that at least one of them give you one, may be that i need to get some of the harder ones (although...)
Can you list the one you're referring to? Spoiler it

Peff

Cep said:
Those kind of achievements are not in. You can do this, as wells re-spec, for an Eezo fee in the research lab.

How does that work?
Can you choose ANY special talents from other classes anytime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom