• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT2| The Den Of Xenophiles

Diablohead said:
The reason why things like the ME1 comic are downloaded is because EA want you to buy the game new instead of used, most if not all used copies will have their code used up so while you save a few quid you also miss out on a few parts of the game.

The automatic AR is rather pants so don't feel bad about it, however the burst fire rifle is godly and you are missing out :(

I wanted to be able to use that dash smash power thing, which is fucking awesome, so i love that. And shotguns are boss, I'm just missing some good long range weapons.

Wallach

recklessmind said:
10 hours in... I just deleted my career. Why? Because I can't stand looking at that heavy weapon. Haha.

:/

Why can't you pick the weapons you want to use? They have a weapons locker, but you still can't do it. And yet you can customize every aspect of the armor. There are fish tanks! But I can't drop this fucking giant gun. It's head scratching. Their character design in Mass Effect is just phenomenal... extremely high quality stuff, but they always do something (stupidly simple) to mess it up.

Like in ME1 when adepts had to carry weapons they couldn't even use. That was dumb, and so is this.

edit: ahahaha that was quite the backfire. I just restarted my entire game to play as an adept and I'm still stuck with this fucking grenade launcher. fuck you bioware. It'd take a miracle for me to buy another one of these games.

You deleted your career instead of just starting a new one...?

TSAGoodness said:
I'm about 3 hours in as a Vanguard and am kind of regretting that I can't use assault rifles. Can someone cheer me up and talk about they're good experiences with Vanguard?

Shotguns are amazing and Charge is one of the most fun powers in the game. You made a good choice. Trust me.

Mindlog

TSAGoodness said:
I'm about 3 hours in as a Vanguard and am kind of regretting that I can't use assault rifles. Can someone cheer me up and talk about they're good experiences with Vanguard?
Patience ;]

I take it you have already seen the Vanguard training video.

Possible spoiler notice:
This Youtube link contains one of the later game heavy weapons. No plot or story spoilers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brRW0Kgk1bY

It's not really a spoiler, but just in case.

Arjen

TSAGoodness said:

Not a spoiler regarding story, but tagged just in case.
Regarding assault riffles and vanguard
you can pick another weapon specilazation later in the game

Mindlog said:
Patience ;]

I take it you have already seen the Vanguard training video.

Possible spoiler notice:
This Youtube link contains one of the later game heavy weapons. No plot or story spoilers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brRW0Kgk1bY

It's not really a spoiler, but just in case.

haha wow, ok you made me happy! Also in that video he has some cool armor on. I have the Terminus armor on now from the PS3 version, is there any reason to upgrade or seek out different armor at all, or is Terminus the best?

Arjen said:
Not a spoiler regarding story, but tagged just in case.
Regarding assault riffles and vanguard
you can pick another weapon specilazation later in the game

Yeah i did read about that, thats a good point, thanks!

TSAGoodness said:
haha wow, ok you made me happy! Also in that video he has some cool armor on. I have the Terminus armor on now from the PS3 version, is there any reason to upgrade or seek out different armor at all, or is Terminus the best?

also, have you got Heavy Charge yet? The one that slows time on impact? Awesome

Also, cryo rounds are fun too. freeze someone, then charge them to send them flying and hopefully smash into pieces

Relaxed Muscle said:
Posted?:

2MA29.jpg

5.3GB mandatory installation.
So ATM what is the point of consoles? I own all 3 consoles and a PC and I am kind of happy that I ended up buying it for PC. I mean if you have mandatory installs, need to be connected to a network connection to get the "full" game and PC controls and graphics are hands down better. Patches on consoles are pathetic and now more and more broken games are coming out. This just sucks that consoles have moved so far into the PC space without having any of the benefits. Consoles were great when you popped in a disc and the entire game was there and ready...

WickedCobra03 said:
So ATM what is the point of consoles? I own all 3 consoles and a PC and I am kind of happy that I ended up buying it for PC. I mean if you have mandatory installs, need to be connected to a network connection to get the "full" game and PC controls and graphics are hands down better. Patches on consoles are pathetic and now more and more broken games are coming out. This just sucks that consoles have moved so far into the PC space without having any of the benefits. Consoles were great when you popped in a disc and the entire game was there and ready...
You don't need to be connected to Cerberus for your dlc to work on the 360, just for downloading it. And last time I looked/played the game ran from dvd without any installs (unless you want to)

In fact for the first hour of playing ME2 when I first owned it I ran it without any dlc or cerb code because I was too eager to start and play :p

I didn't get an answer to my second question. I have on the Terminus armor, is there any reason for me to be purchasing armor upgrades? Will it upgrade the terminus armor even more?

Wallach

TSAGoodness said:
I didn't get an answer to my second question. I have on the Terminus armor, is there any reason for me to be purchasing armor upgrades? Will it upgrade the terminus armor even more?

Upgrades like Damage Protection/Hard Shields upgrade all armors.

TSAGoodness said:

The main reason not to use the terminus armor is the fact that you can't take off the helmet. So if that makes any difference to you, you would want to buy the upgrades to buff the default armor, which allows you to remove the helmet.

Suzzopher said:
So no instruction manual in my copy, is that normal?

No.

Take it/send it back. Did you get the Cerberus code card? (if you didn't, that means it was on the back of the manual and you're missing out on some cracking DLC.)

scarybore

TSAGoodness said:

If you are happy with the Terminus armour, then don't buy any further pieces of armour as you can't wear them at the same time. You should however keep buying research to improve shields and damage protection.

The main reason not to use the terminus armor is the fact that you can't take off the helmet.

Yeah, while I like the look of the armour, I don't use it as I hate being forced to use a helmet. The Kestrel armour is the only DLC armour I like for that reason.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I know beggars cant be choosers, but anyone out there with an extra PS3 code for Cerebrus Network, or isn't using it >_>;

Thankies!

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Much like our Vanguard, I'm wondering if playing without assault rifles could be kind of a bummer, I'm about 3 hours in as an infiltrator. Anyone have good infiltrator experiences to share?

Wallach

TeethMummy said:
Much like our Vanguard, I'm wondering if playing without assault rifles could be kind of a bummer, I'm about 3 hours in as an infiltrator. Anyone have good infiltrator experiences to share?

Infiltrator is a beast class. Assault rifles aren't really that hot in ME2 if you ask me. SMGs are great weapons and as an Infiltrator you can always force your engagement range to suit your weapons.

Suzzopher

Speedymanic said:
No.

Take it/send it back. Did you get the Cerberus code card? (if you didn't, that means it was on the back of the manual and you're missing out on some cracking DLC.)

I got the code. But no instructions. I miss you Sarge :(

canadian crowe said:
The manual is terrible. It's 4 pages and black and white. It's actually the worst manual I've ever seen. It looks like a photocopy.

We can give our thanks to Quebec for that, along with the more often than not stark white unprinted cover backs. Manual is on the disc, anyway... I think that black and white manual is just there to cover some basic Francaise requirements.

ScrabbleBanshee said:
We can give our thanks to Quebec for that, along with the more often than not stark white unprinted cover backs. Manual is on the disc, anyway... I think that black and white manual is just there to cover some basic Francaise requirements.

Yeah, I'm not really bothered by it (I used to go nuts not having a manual, but 50% of my games are used and manual-less), but I get a little irked when you shell out $67 and they half ass things.

Neki

I think SMGs do as fine as job as assault rifle, besides the lack of range. I haven't had any problems, especially with reduced cooldowns on powers, you can basically use your weapons to supplement your powers to engage enemies.

Jubs

TeethMummy said:

My first playthrough was as an infiltrator, and I was tearing shit up. Going stealth and then popping out and headshotting w/ the sniper rifle made most bosses way too easy.

i'm fricking DYING to play this on my PS3 finally, but i'm still not even halfway through Fallout New Vegas.

damnit, i simply cannot break my commitment to one big game and start another. i just have to finish that buggy piece of shit awesome game before i can concentrate fully on Mass Effect 2.

i'm actually really excited to play a more streamlined RPG experience after New Vegas, because it's all just starting to be a bit too much for me, 45 hours in and i've barely scratched the surface, and the game is just too complicated for its own good, waaaay too many bugs and unstable engine issues... i can't wait to play something that doesn't crash every 30 minutes and has a clear direction to it.

a bit off-topic i know, sorry, i needed to vent!

i am tempted to get this either on ps3 or pc and replay as a renegade femshep, but I am not sure if I would actually enjoy playing as a psycho bitch. is the VA good in renegade? not sure if i should replay me1 or not, too (which would exclude the ps3, i guess). ah, choices choices.

which career do people recommend for maximum fun? i played as a solider and thought the second was way too much of 'pop out shoot damn i am seeing red, wait for five seconds, pop out and kill some more'

Neki

harriet the spy said:
i am tempted to get this either on ps3 or pc and replay as a renegade femshep, but I am not sure if I would actually enjoy playing as a psycho bitch. is the VA good in renegade? not sure if i should replay me1 or not, too (which would exclude the ps3, i guess). ah, choices choices.

which career do people recommend for maximum fun? i played as a solider and thought the second was way too much of 'pop out shoot damn i am seeing red, wait for five seconds, pop out and kill some more'

From what I've heard of the renegade lines for FemShep, she actually sounds angry. Sample some lines on youtube to see if you'd like her thundering voice. :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
TeethMummy said:

I played my insanity run with an infiltrator and I loved it. Sniping while cloaked was extremely useful. I usually played with teammates that had warp (drops shields) and incinerate (burns armour). Worked like a charm for me.

Keep going with the infiltrator.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
ummmmmm What is the Fuck?

Have this happened to anyone on PS3?

f2HTu.jpg

DrUf8.jpg

y40kl.jpg

its fine again, but I had to quit game.

is it my PS3 or a glitch?

Bernbaum

Finished the 'Overlord' DLC (360).

Boy did I love it. Such a great little compact sci-fi story, and much longer than expected.

Loved the setting, loved the mystery and resolution, and the weird sci-fi stuff with Shep at the end was done great. Vehicle section was fun too.

Even though I'm playing ME2 late - I have enough spare time available at the moment so I can really swim around in the experience without rushing it. I'm about 40 hours in, and have most of the characters and am working my way through the loyalty missions for each.

Will wait until mid-year before playing Shadow Broker - it'd be a good entree for ME3 I reckon.

anddo0

~Devil Trigger~ said:

Happened to me during the Firewalker DLC. I thought my PS3 was overheating something...

Neki

Thinking of buying DLC, I haven't purchased either Lair of the Shadow Broker or Kasumi's Lost Memory, I assume they're both good buys?

~Devil Trigger~ said:

You've unlocked the hidden squad member, the Predator.

bulovski

Neo Member
~Devil Trigger~ said:

yep posted my pic on the last page. you're at least getting colour, mine is all TRON-y. Turned the PS3 off and on and it works now.

Btw how do I access the interactive comic? It's showing up nowhere in the menus. I have downloaded the Cerberus patch and installed it.

Wallach

bulovski said:
yep posted my pic on the last page. you're at least getting colour, mine is all TRON-y. Turned the PS3 off and on and it works now.

Btw how do I access the interactive comic? It's showing up nowhere in the menus. I have downloaded the Cerberus patch and installed it.

It triggers after you start a new career very soon after the start of the game.

bulovski

Neo Member
Interacted through the comic. And ummmm...I would've preferred a wiki link rather than this.

The ME universe is incredibly rich not to mention the characters and the relationships. Here it boils down to a TV series recap.

One more query - why isn't ME2 (PS3) showing up in the Bioware Social Network list?

A couple of questions:

First, can I buy guns from the stores, or is it just whatever you find on your missions that gets added to your arsenal?

Second, I got the Veteran and Katsumi (sp?) but I don't plan on starting their unique missions as I know they're from the DLC. Should I be doing their missions during my regular playthrough, or wait until I beat the game to do them?

Top Bottom