• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 |OT2| The Den Of Xenophiles

warpaint said:

While i agree their isnt an order i believe the best way to both maximize effectiveness for your squad and keep within canon would be.

As you playing the story

Zaeed - The Price of Revenge
Normandy Crash Site
Kasumi - Stolen Memory
Firewalker Pack

After Main Story
Overlord
Lair of the Shadow Broker
Arrival (essentially because its a bridge to me3)

Also if your not playing on hardcore or above id suggest switching to it before going to the planet Haestrom, A specific weapon that can only be acquired at this location only spawns on the higher difficulties.

+ Hardcore and Insane are manly, grrr

Gvaz

Banned
Insane isn't even particularly hard once you've got the mechanics down. It's just tedious :\

Dragon age Origins was the same way, and the first mass effect as well.

Gvaz said:
Insane isn't even particularly hard once you've got the mechanics down. It's just tedious :\

This is one of my main gripes. I wish I remembered the numbers, but at some point I nerded out and counted how many times I had to hit a colossus in 'insane' versus 'normal' or 'hard' to kill it and the difference was absurd. "Move forward, fire, move back" is not hard, and making me do it fifteen or twenty times in a row doesn't make it any harder. 'Insane' just feels phoned in and might as well be renamed 'Your companions will die instantly and you will be bored.'

I just rebought the game from Target for $14.99. I'm mad with myself that I have own this game for the 360 (CE edition,still have the case and inserts) and even for the PS3 but sadly sold them both before I beat the game. Ironically, I love the ME universe and even started reading the books. Since most of my saves are right when you get Legion and I've beat most of the side missions, I'm going to go ahead and finish it. Maybe subconsciously I didn't want the ride to come to an end. I realize that I oddly do that with some of my favorite games :/

Replicant

Gvaz said:

Is Insane on Mass Effect 2 on the same level of frustration as Crushing on Uncharted 1/2? Because I'd imagine that's the case.

Balphon

Replicant said:
Is Insane on Mass Effect 2 on the same level of frustration as Crushing on Uncharted 1/2? Because I'd imagine that's the case.

I didn't notice a difference in difficulty between playing through with my Infiltrator on Hardcore and playing through with my Adept on Insanity. Take that for what you will.

If I had to compare it to Uncharted on Crushing, it's probably easier than U1 and harder than U2.

Thoraxes

Just bought it on Steam and have some questions regarding the DLC.
The free DLC like Firewalker... How do I get it? It doesn't show up in my game. Do I have to download something to make it work?

I'm already 1/2 through the game but i'm not seeing any of this free DLC that was supposed to come with this.

DTKT

Thoraxes said:
Just bought it on Steam and have some questions regarding the DLC.
The free DLC like Firewalker... How do I get it? It doesn't show up in my game. Do I have to download something to make it work?

I'm already 1/2 through the game but i'm not seeing any of this free DLC that was supposed to come with this.

You need to download it through your Bioware Social acount.

Dries

StalkerUKCG said:
Also if your not playing on hardcore or above id suggest switching to it before going to the planet Haestrom, A specific weapon that can only be acquired at this location only spawns on the higher difficulties.

+ Hardcore and Insane are manly, grrr

Can I have some more info about this? :eek:

Atruvius

Replicant said:

Not really. If you have Mattock, you'll do fine. Horizon is probably the hardest, but there are good playthroughs on youtube that'll help. Grunt and Miranda are great companions for insanity run. Just mpve slowly and squadmates' powers and you'll do fine.

Ikkarus

Is there a preferred class to tackle Insane?

In all my play-throughs I have never used the Soldier class but was going to give it a go for my ME2 Insane run.

Khal_B

Ikkarus said:
Is there a preferred class to tackle Insane?

In all my play-throughs I have never used the Soldier class but was going to give it a go for my ME2 Insane run.

Infiltrator made insane very doable for me.

I did it with soldier, easy except for the beginning of the game.

Because I had finished the game before I had geth shields available from the start so I used them all the way through.

Ikkarus

Thanks guys.

I'll try it out with Soldier and see how it goes. I played Infiltrator in my last play and had a blast with it but doing another round of it for ME2 might kill my love for it. Cloaking and Sniping is fun! :)

ME2 is one of my all time favorite games, but I really think you have to play on Insanity difficulty to appreciate the combat. Its too easy/pedestrian on the Normal setting IMO.

Feature

Banned
I just finished the game. Loved it very very much.

The following happened:

Jacob died (the black guy) during the final attack and some other woman died on my ship when a core or something exploded

Is this the same for everyone?

AEREC

Feature said:

The following happened:

Jacob died (the black guy) during the final attack and some other woman died on my ship when a core or something exploded

Nope.

Feature said:

The following happened:

To me it just feels like they just
pull names out of a hat, and Mordin and Thane have multiple entries.

Replicant

Finished it (well, sort of. Haven't done the DLCs except Kasumi's and Zaeed's). Everyone survived unscathed. I bombed the base though so maybe it'll come to bite me in the ass when ME3 arrives.

I'm going to enjoy the DLC now and then do an insanity run. I was playing as soldier and found even the last boss to be surprisingly easy.

Overall, very impressive although some of my crew has really shitty personality. My Shepard is a very charming and in command character. Glad those 2 hours I spent creating him wasn't a waste. Will use him as my main too in ME3.

Feature

Banned
To bad that
there wasn't a real fight with everyone of your crew there, where you had control over shepard. Would've been nice seeing everyone blasting away with their powers and stuff

My shepard was a badass that told everyone what to do and was always unfriendly (unless I wanted to have sex , which I only succeeded in doing with jack -barf-)

Another quick question:
I bought the upgrade for my ship to heal my scaring on my face, but what does it matter if I heal them?

Mr_Zombie

Feature said:
Another quick question:
I bought the upgrade for my ship to heal my scaring on my face, but what does it matter if I heal them?

You will be able to be an asshole without getting all those scars and red eyes, nothing more.

typo said:
Can you download it as a PDF/CBR/Z/etc. or is it some other proprietary format?

here you go, stolen off a quote from the bioware forum
DarkTopher wrote...

Hi, Mass Effect fans,

We apologize for all the issues you are encountering with getting the Mass Effect comics from digital.darkhorse.com. We have had overwhelming response to our giveaway, and it is causing some extreme lag in accessing the site, as well as the comics. If you are having issues getting through, please keep trying and have patience.

For those trying to access the content via our iOS: there was a delay in the price update that was out of our control. It is in now updated, however if you are still seeing prices, pull down to refresh.

Finally, for those who are new to Dark Horse Digital, here are a few quick facts:
- You do need to have a Dark Horse Digital account in order to save the comics to your collection.
- Yes, the comics will still be available to you after the giveaway is over.
- There are no files to download; however, all the comics in your collection are accessible via any modern web browser, as well as our iOS app.

Thanks,
Topher
Dark Horse Digital

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ipitydatfu said:
here you go, stolen off a quote from the bioware forum

If the fucking site would load, so I can register and buy them.

They need to make this offer stay up for a week given how hard they're being hammered not even four hours after it started.

Replicant

I think they're in my download list (or "collections" as they call it) now. I just haven't been bothered to download them because the server is hammered like nails.

Replicant

Gvaz said:
Aww I missed them. Phoey.

I think it's still on (at least on iPhone app):

a2alqh.png

This will be a pretty dumb question considering who'd be in this thread but would you suggest I pick up ME2 given the games I consider my favorites?

Metal Gear Solid 1 - 4
God of War 1 - 3
Uncharted 1 -2
Devil May Cry 1, 3, 4
Prince of Persia 1 - 3
The entire Legacy of Kain series
Batman AA
Mortal Kombat 9

Considering those games, do you think I'd really like ME? If yes, please explain, if no do the same.

Replicant

TommyManberg said:
This will be a pretty dumb question consider who'd be in this thread but would you suggest I pick up ME2 given the games I consider my favorites?

Metal Gear Solid 1 - 4
God of War 1 - 3
Uncharted 1 -2
Devil May Cry 1, 3, 4
Mortal Kombat 9

Considering those games, do you think I'd really like ME? If yes, please explain, if no do the same.

I like those games so I'd say Yeah!

Gvaz said:
The site is barely loading, even on my ipod :(

Keep refreshing. Sometimes it feels as if it's not doing anything but it actually is (similar to PSN during the Welcome Back period). I'd say that for the time being just claim the comics and don't bother downloading yet. As long as you've started downloading process, even if it fails, it'd go to your "collections" to be downloaded later.

Oh, of course, wouldn't recommend doing this on 3G network. Do it on Wi-Fi connection since it's already slow as hell on Wi-Fi.

Gvaz

Banned
I'm on a wifi connection, I'm trying to make an account because I'm pretty sure I don't have one but it's going so slowly I don't know if it failed or what

Replicant

Here's the step I went through:

1. Make an account using normal web browser on your computer (since it's faster this way). You'd encounter a few failures a long the way though.

2. Open iPod/iPhone, go to iTunes store

3. Download "Darkhorse Comics" App for free.

4. Open the app, go to the app's shop. Login with the account you created on the web browser.

5. See the offer above. Click on the link. Choose your comics. Prepare for some failure to download. But they'd be saved into your "Collections" anyway.

6. Profit?

Replicant

Gvaz said:
Yeah I'm trying to download them now but it's just on my bookshelf but not on my collections

If in the process of downloading into your bookshelf the download fails, it'd automatically go to your collections, ready to be re-downloaded into your bookshelf later on.

Bookshelf = your own iPod/iPhone HD
Collection = similar to PSN's download list except it doesn't seem to hold it forever only until you download the item.
Store = well, the store.

To wet your tastebud:

4buJk.jpg

MaddenNFL64

Hoya Destroyer said:
ME2 is one of my all time favorite games, but I really think you have to play on Insanity difficulty to appreciate the combat. Its too easy/pedestrian on the Normal setting IMO.

Insanity is boring. Ya, you can die more frequently, but that's because fucking husks get a giant armor bar now. WTF. Nah, fuck that. I like veteran.

Balphon

Lostconfused said:

That one has a few errors/omissions; here's the full one.

JetBlackPanda said:
I have not played ME2 yet and I own a ps3 and a 360 is the PS3 version the way to go?

You won't have to buy DLC (except for Arrival which you probably shouldn't buy anyway) with the PS3 version, so if you can find it for ~$40 (like it is on amazon right now) it's probably your best bet. Assuming, of course, you don't have a ME1 file, in which case the decision is obvious.

Replicant

Balphon said:
That one has a few errors/omissions; here's the full one.

There are actually 2 instances in which you have to select a fireteam but I suppose the same rule applies.

Anyway, just read Mass Effect: Redemption comic. That's pretty much a prequel to Mass Effect 2 (
explaining how she found Shepard
) and Lair of the Shadow Broker. Liara is the main character in that comic.

Top Bottom