• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Citadel |OT| The best.

Just finished this.

:(

It was a heck of a ride but I dont want to go back and replay any ME for a good long while now. After a heavy Mass Effect few months that was a nice way to part ways with Shepard and his space pals.

Shame my game bugged during her quest in the main game and I could get Kazumi for this but other then that its a great bit of content. It hits all the right notes. Its funny, it gives you some nuggets of ME lore, its dumb and its a little touching at points.

Raptomex

I was sure ME3 DLCs weren't available for the Wii U? Or is Citadel just the exception?
No idea. I don't think DLC is included. I think it's just one extra weapon or something. I didn't really follow the game when it came out.

I'm going to end up playing this series backwards, too. I can't get into the first one's gameplay but I love everything else about it and the series. And if it wasn't for Origin I would be playing this on PC. So I'll be installing ME2 shortly.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, honestly i dont see the point in skipping Mass Effect on PC simply because of Origin.

Sure, its not Steam, but its not some virus or malware that's gonna fuck your PC either. You just click on your Mass Effect icon and let it launch Origin and the game automatically and play like usual.

Raptomex

Origin may be annoying to have around, but I don't think it's a genuine deterrent to playing that game on PC.

Yeah, honestly i dont see the point in skipping Mass Effect on PC simply because of Origin.

Sure, its not Steam, but its not some virus or malware that's gonna fuck your PC either. You just click on your Mass Effect icon and let it launch Origin and the game automatically and play like usual.
I'd just rather have it on Steam like I have the other two. And I will be playing the other 2 on PC eventually.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'd just rather have it on Steam like I have the other two. And I will be playing the other 2 on PC eventually.

Yeah, but you know you can still import saves even if they're not on Origin right? Because launching Origin for ME3 rather than Steam like the other two is such a minor inconvenience.

But whatever, do you what you want. :p

Raptomex

Yeah, but you know you can still import saves even if they're not on Origin right? Because launching Origin for ME3 rather than Steam like the other two is such a minor inconvenience.

But whatever, do you what you want. :p
Yeah I know about the saves thing. Chances are I'll double dip eventually and play them all on PC at some point. We'll see.

PFD

Just played the DLC. It's crazy how much content they crammed into this. There's so much variety in dialogue depending on who you bring/invite/party decisions. Really, really fun DLC. Was smiling the whole timing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No idea if anyone is still reading this thread, but I thought I'd ask - I'm trying to convert a 360 save to a PC save using the Gibbed editor. Unfortunately, when I try to load the save after converting it, the game lists it as corrupt and I can't load it.

Does anyone know if there's another way to convert a save between platforms, or is this it?

Seanspeed

Banned

Way late here, but I'll say that playing it on Origin has been completely and totally pain-free.

The game is also better than I was expecting. Its not Mass Effect 1, but its a fairly effective sequel to the 2nd game so far. Not sure what all the complaints were about. Its not as pure an RPG as before obviously, but its still got a very open nature where you get to basically do things how you want and at your own pace.

I'm having a good time playing it. Also - Mass Effect at 60fps with super quick loading times - lovely. :)

YoungHav

Banned
Sorry for the necrobump but I have a Citadel Question.

I'm about 30+hrs in and just purchased this DLC. Can you use the returning, playable characters in the Citadel DLC in the main game missions? Or are they just playable within Citadel DLC missions only?

Sorry for the necrobump but I have a Citadel Question.

I'm about 30+hrs in and just purchased this DLC. Can you use the returning, playable characters in the Citadel DLC in the main game missions? Or are they just playable within Citadel DLC missions only?
Citadel only, unfortunately.

Top Bottom