• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

You actually are much more precise (crosshair) when aiming from cover (standing or crouch) who knew ?!

Also, i can't finish any match on PS3 since 2 days, we always end up encountering an enemy that doesn't take any damage anymore. Only solution is too quit and loose credits

Dreamer RD

I would say the absolute perfect 4 for the Geth farming would be:

2 x Salarian Engineer
1 x Asari Adept
1 x Quarian Infiltrator (for sabotage and for deactivating missions)

Still it can be done with other classes but the above for me has the least failure rate.

Quarian Infiltrator is fucking garbage. 2 Sal Eng + 2 Sal Inf is perfect team.

Ikkarus

You actually are much more precise (crosshair) when aiming from cover (standing or crouch) who knew ?!

Also, i can't finish any match on PS3 since 2 days, we always end up encountering an enemy that doesn't take any damage anymore. Only solution is too quit and loose credits

I hate when that happens. I had it happen on Wave 10 on Gold, was so close to netting 70k of credits too.

How you know you're with a bad team:

You score as much as the rest of them combined and have to bust out 4 Cobra Missiles and 4 Medigel farming Firebase White with Geth. With 2x Salarian Engineers and 2x Salarian Infiltrators.

With them constantly going AFK.

Fucking scrubs being fucking carried to credits they don't fucking deserve because they're a bunch of leeching fucking pricks.

Fuck.

/rant

Gui_PT

That happens way too often. There are things you can do to make them move or take damage again but they rarely work.

Sucks when it happens, especially on the last wave

RS4-

How you know you're with a bad team:

You score as much as the rest of them combined and have to bust out 4 Cobra Missiles and 4 Medigel farming Firebase White with Geth. With 2x Salarian Engineers and 2x Salarian Infiltrators.

With them constantly going AFK.

Fucking scrubs being fucking carried to credits they don't fucking deserve because they're a bunch of leeching fucking pricks.

Fuck.

/rant

I don't even bother with games like that, I just die as early as possible.

I don't even bother with games like that, I just die as early as possible.

If this had been by wave 2/3 then I'd just die/quit but this shit ended up happening in the later waves. Going through all that for 30K (or nothing) seemed even worse.

About the only thing I could do was die out of spite to make sure the one guy who wasn't max level didn't get the extraction bonus, but that probably would have happened anyway.

X-Frame

Quarian Infiltrator is fucking garbage. 2 Sal Eng + 2 Sal Inf is perfect team.

With a team of people with tech powers, she can be a worthy amplifier with Rank 6 Tech Vulnerability. Spamming it on groups of enemies and then Overload/ED, Tech Bursts do crazy damage.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
People on BioWare social are spending mad credits to get nothing. I almost feel sorry for their premature ejaculation over all of this. Almost.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Is there anything in the game to tell you the cards aren't coming till tomorrow? Pretty shitty move if not.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
People on BioWare social are spending mad credits to get nothing. I almost feel sorry for their premature ejaculation over all of this. Almost.

Spent 60k on Veteran packs just to test the waters and yeah I got no new stuff but I'm not too upset about it. As long as they don't drastically nerf the viability of gold farming on White I'm fine and I needed some equipment anyway. Spent the last 20 games or something without any med packs. Ironically enough I maxed out the med packs carry space the first week and because I've been focusing on the more expensive packs I rarely have any.

X-Frame

Is there anything in the game to tell you the cards aren't coming till tomorrow? Pretty shitty move if not.

Exactly. No heads up from BioWare is very, very shtty. There's 3 million stickies on BSN but not one for this pack that everyone is the most hyped for.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I wasted 2 cobra missiles for nothing last match... i'm sure i aimed at that Geth Prime both times, and it still missed. Lag i bet...

So happy it appears the new content will be exclusive to a specific pack (at least for now). That should make getting the new characters WAAAAY easier. Also happy I saved up a good amount of credits to spam this new pack.

Feel sorry for everyone who blew all their credits early before the packs are out. That must suck! lol!

RS4-

...so I'm on the new hydra map or whatever the Mars one is, two banshees and a brute are in us with the hacking zone and what happens? No one uses a missile. I'd use some if I had any but these guys...nope. Even said they had 3-4 each lol. We all die.

GG

Ikkarus

...so I'm on the new hydra map or whatever the Mars one is, two banshees and a brute are in us with the hacking zone and what happens? No one uses a missile. I'd use some if I had any but these guys...nope. Even said they had 3-4 each lol. We all die.

GG

Yeah it's annoying when people hold back from using their rockets. Just aim it near a cluster of enemies and job done, a lot of people just save them for the big guys when really they can be used when you have a group of 10 enemies all together, I actually got a X2 kill streak from one rocket once, it was a glorious moment!

GSR

So all the new things other than maps aren't coming until tomorrow? Lame, especially since today my schedule's actually fairly clear. Ah well.

Dave_6

I could really use a couple more of those supply packs. I've played in so many crappy silver games with randoms over the weekend that I have ran completely out of medigel. I spent all my credits on those premium spectre packs and can't even get any medigel out of the recruit packs lately.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Exactly. No heads up from BioWare is very, very shtty. There's 3 million stickies on BSN but not one for this pack that everyone is the most hyped for.
Logic tells you there has been a new pack every week now, and it wouldn't kill you wait a little longer for this week's in case it brought anything resurgence pack related.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Logic tells you there has been a new pack every week now, and it wouldn't kill you wait a little longer for this week's in case it brought anything resurgence pack related.

Logic also tells you that if you download DLC that the content in said DLC is available for you to unlock.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Logic also tells you that if you download DLC that the content in said DLC is available for you to unlock.
With BioWares record with MP already, I don't think you can expect logic on their part, only yours. Plus, if it wasn't clear already, everything pack related happens server side, so you should as a general rule always wait for EA before you proceed.

Ikkarus

So anyone willing to have a guess at how many credits it's going to cost for the new character / weapon packs?

I'm hoping 50k per crate but I can't help but think it will be nearer to the 100k mark.

RyanDG

I'm off work today. Any PS3 players want to run some gold runs to get some credits for the DLC, feel free to send a friend req./invite.

Ryandg82

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So anyone willing to have a guess at how many credits it's going to cost for the new character / weapon packs?

I'm hoping 50k per crate but I can't help but think it will be nearer to the 100k mark.
If the Premium Spectre was 99k, I doubt this will be that much, unless they guarantee like 2 characters per pack, which is unlikely.

I think it will be 1 guaranteed character or general resurgence pack item per pack and like 40-60k. They have to balance it do so you can't spam it forever and get every resurgence item in a week.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Thanks for the heads-up about the pack - lucky I wasn't in a rush to download the DLC and try for the new characters - gonna tell my friend about it as well too since he was also saving up credits just for the DLC characters.

And the Asari Justicar is like a Drell Adept's cousin or something, she just be a character for me after all!

Very odd choice with giving the Krogan Vanguard Carnage, and Barrier seems kinda pointless if you can just do Biotic Charge if you're about to lose shields, hmmm.

This might just be my first Krogan with a light weapon.

Geth Infiltrator should be nice - I'll have to try out the Batarian to see how he'll be.

EDIT: Just watched that video preview of the Batarian Soldier - very nice.

SaberVulcan

I am going to be so upset if I spend all my credits and don't get either of the Geth :(.

THEY DENIED ME LEGION COMPANIONSHIP IN SINGLEPLAYER, DO NOT DENY ME THE NEXT BEST THING!

X-Frame

I am going to be so upset if I spend all my credits and don't get either of the Geth :(.

THEY DENIED ME LEGION COMPANIONSHIP IN SINGLEPLAYER, DO NOT DENY ME THE NEXT BEST THING!

My Geth Engineer: Legion Unit 114-E
My Geth Infiltrator: Legion Unit 770-I

Or whatever numbers I randomly choose. Hope that fits.

koji

The Bioware forums are on fire :lol

Funny how they give the community something for free but in some kind of weird twisted way it's still nerdrage all over the place, shit.

Some early thoughts:

Asari Justicar: Biotic Sphere, Reave, Pull

Reave is consistent with Samara from ME2 and it makes the Justicar far more viable than with Throw... however, I don't think this class will be up to par with either the Asari Adept or Drell Adept. The lack of ability to deal (quickly) with protected targets makes her less useful. However, she'll probably be everyone's best friend during hacking objectives.

Krogan Vanguard: Biotic Charge, Carnage, Barrier

This class will be very popular. Assuming Barrier behaves like Fortification/Tech Armor, the combination of Biotic Charge and Rage could make this class very viable on Gold. Carnage becomes the Human Vanguard's Shockwave of the class.. useful in very limited situations, but ultimately those points are probably better off used elsewhere (depends on Barrier though).

Batarians:

No idea what Submission Net and Ballistic Blades can do, but Blade Armor sounds like another form of Fortification/Tech Armor: slows power use, increase damage reduction, purge for some perk.

Geth:

I'm guessing both of these will be FUN.

Omega

Banned
Some early thoughts:

Reave is consistent with Samara from ME2 and it makes the Justicar far more viable than with Throw... however, I don't think this class will be up to par with either the Asari Adept or Drell Adept. The lack of ability to deal (quickly) with protected targets makes her less useful. However, she'll probably be everyone's best friend during hacking objectives.

This class will be very popular. Assuming Barrier behaves like Fortification/Tech Armor, the combination of Biotic Charge and Rage could make this class very viable on Gold. Carnage becomes the Human Vanguard's Shockwave of the class.. useful in very limited situations, but ultimately those points are probably better off used elsewhere (depends on Barrier though).

Batarians:

No idea what Submission Net and Ballistic Blades can do, but Blade Armor sounds like another form of Fortification/Tech Armor: slows power use, increase damage reduction, purge for some perk.

Geth:

People keep mentioning that Asari Justicar is weak compared to Drell/Asari because they don't deal damage. Maybe the whole point of the Justicar isn't to deal damage, and rather be a great support class. Submission Net is pretty much like stasis.

I was so disappointed to see Krogan have Carnage as his ability. Really BioWare? No other class other than soldier has a carnage/concussive shot ability but you give it to the Krogan Vanguard? Should have at least given him some useless grenades to fit in with the rest of the vanguards.

Wonder who thought it was a great idea to release half a DLC one day and the other half of the DLC the next.

exYle

Some early thoughts:

I think Throw and Reave would've been the better combo. Those would make some deadly biotic explosions.

Barrier, in SP at least, is detonated to lift everyone around you. Could be pretty useful!

Batarians:

Submission Net seems to work like Stasis, and Ballistic Blades seems like a shotgun on your wrist that does bleed damage.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
They did something with Decoy, no? Was farming on noveria and Primes seem to ignore it more often than before.

Considering i did play alone with another salarian engineer late yesterday and both our decoys kept geths busy... i dont think so. Are you sure the Primes didnt see you casting Decoy?

Unless they really did something after releasing the new maps, which i have yet to play.

People keep mentioning that Asari Justicar is weak compared to Drell/Asari because they don't deal damage. Maybe the whole point of the Justicar isn't to deal damage, and rather be a great support class. Submission Net is pretty much like stasis.

I was so disappointed to see Krogan have Carnage as his ability. Really BioWare? No other class other than soldier has a carnage/concussive shot ability but you give it to the Krogan Vanguard? Should have at least given him some useless grenades to fit in with the rest of the vanguards.

Wonder who thought it was a great idea to release half a DLC one day and the other half of the DLC the next.

I agree that the Justicar will be a great support class but because she is gimped against the most dangerous enemies she will always lag behind the Asari/Drell Adepts.

Yeah Carnage was disappointing... however, both Biotic Charge and Barrier are from his biotic half... Since Carnage is also on the Krogan Soldier it makes sense.

Also... if you think grenades are useless then you're not using them right (although some are clearly better than others... Clusters in particular are amazing).

I think Throw and Reave would've been the better combo. Those would make some deadly biotic explosions.

This would have been a FANTASTIC combination. Those two together (with the bubble) would have definitely put the Justicar in the top tier with the Drell/Asari Adepts.

Barrier, in SP at least, is detonated to lift everyone around you. Could be pretty useful!

Yeah, I'm curious to see how it'll differentiate. If that ability is retained in multi, the Krogan could be top tier.

Submission Net seems to work like Stasis, and Ballistic Blades seems like a shotgun on your wrist that does bleed damage.

Hmm... if that's true, then I'm not sure I like either Batarian. The Soldier is awful... close range unique skill, grenades that take time to be effective and an armor skill? Unless Blade Armor purges to "insta-kill all in vicinity" this might be an even WORSE soldier class than all the rest... and that is pretty (shittily) impressive.

The Sentinel is a bit better... but combining an armor skill with Submission Net means Shockwave is his only damage dealer? And one with limited range and a slow travel time at that?

Add to that the Batarians don't have a roll.... yeah, fuck Batarians, haha.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Some early thoughts:

Batarians:

Geth:

AKA the worst gameplay mechanic in gold.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Hey maybe they will make Carnage/Conc Shot not suck...lol

Also lack of roll is seriously shitty. Just give everyone except Krogans a roll. Dont make Turians/Batarians suck.

exYle

Hmm... if that's true, then I'm not sure I like either Batarian. The Soldier is awful... close range unique skill, grenades that take time to be effective and an armor skill? Unless Blade Armor purges to "insta-kill all in vicinity" this might be an even WORSE soldier class than all the rest... and that is pretty (shittily) impressive.

The Sentinel is a bit better... but combining an armor skill with Submission Net means Shockwave is his only damage dealer? And one with limited range and a slow travel time at that?

Add to that the Batarians don't have a roll.... yeah, fuck Batarians, haha.

Both alien soldiers and sentinels thus far have been unable to roll. Physiologically, it doesn't make sense for Batarians, but both alien races have balanced this lack of mobility with craptons of shields, so we can assume the same applies for Bats.
I'm guessing that if you combine the Blade Armor with the close-range powers, Batarians are supposed to be close-range specialists. They have a pretty unique melee system, after all.

Both alien soldiers and sentinels thus far have been unable to roll. Physiologically, it doesn't make sense for Batarians, but both alien races have balanced this lack of mobility with craptons of shields, so we can assume the same applies for Bats.
I'm guessing that if you combine the Blade Armor with the close-range powers, Batarians are supposed to be close-range specialists. They have a pretty unique melee system, after all.

Was it in the video? I started to watch but then my eyes started glazing over once I saw the length, haha. What's their melee system like? It can't possibly compare to Krogan though, right?

I think the ability to roll is based on the race, not the class (although that may be what you were already getting at). Like if they came out with an Asari Sentinel she should be able to glide around still.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Current small maps, movement problems due to cover system and tons of ranged and instakill melee moves make any attempt at a melee class without spamhard invunerability just impossible.

You need to do melee like Killing Floor to make it worthwhile. Except nearly everything is melee in KF. In ME3, everything has guns. Batarians needs stuff like improved move speed, no stagger, no instakill, faster melee, aoe heavy melee. Stuff like that. And a fucking dodge.

Woo-Fu

Banned

And do you know why they feel that way? They feel that way because that is how the game mechanics work. That is why you see people putting 0 points in fitness if it can get them a smidgin more DPS.

It is about majoring in damage and minoring in crowd control, the rest is chaff. Killing everything as quickly as possible is the shortest path between points A and B.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
And do you know why they feel that way? They feel that way because that is how the game mechanics work. That is why you see people putting 0 points in fitness if it can get them a smidgin more DPS.

It is about majoring in damage and minoring in crowd control, the rest is chaff. Killing everything as quickly as possible is the shortest path between points A and B.

Exactly, and in later waves there is practically nothing to pull other than a guardian shield. At least not reliably.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Batarians don't have a roll? What the fuck. Just give them the human ones!

I now have zero interest in the new classes, what a downer. Back to human shotgun infiltrator.

Top Bottom