• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

X-Frame

Holy hell, when they say "blade armor" they freakin' mean blade armor. What does it do, give more melee damage?

On a related note, just saved up for a Premium Spectre Pack in the hopes of unlocking any of the new characters, but nothing. :( Did unlock a Graal Spike Thrower I'm itching to try out, though.

I didn't unlock either Batarian yet, but according to that PAX video that was taped a couple days ago where BioWare devs showed off the Batarian Soldier, Blade Armor makes it so that any enemy that melee's YOU will receive X% of that melee damage back to them.

I thought I read somewhere that specced accordingly can return 150% of the melee damage back to them. For example, if a Brute tries to swing at you and hits, he'll get all that damage back to him, and then some.

Someone needs to confirm this though.

Do weapon ranks also reduce recoil?

Nope, just the 3 things I posted above. The rest all stays the same.

Harpoon gun is hard to use but fun to see enemies flying all around when hit by the thing. Sometimes in very ... funny vector compared to my shots.

Morts

Forgive me, I'm just getting started: how do I get non-level-1 weapons? Is there any reason to buy Recruit or Veteran packs or should I always just save up for Spectre?

The last Spectre Pack I bought unlocked Human Male Adept, which I started with...

Kyari

You level weapons up by unlocking them again. Recruit packs contain the basic weapons and classes you start with to help you quickly level those.

Harpoon gun is hard to use but fun to see enemies flying all around when hit by the thing. Sometimes in very ... funny vector compared to my shots.

it's terrible off host, you can lead a shot and still wildly miss due to latency changes, for that pressure it's not worth the slight damage boost if charged, normal shots are weedy.

After playing a lot as the other classes over the days going back to quarian engineer feels so good, she has great all round balance for attacking and defending and she kicks ass.

Chocobro

If anyone wants to play a few matches on the 360, feel free to add me. I just want to earn some credits to get a few PSPacks for the new characters and weapons. If it means anything, I play primarily as a SE and AA and at N7 rank of. . .200-ish?

GT: ChocobroBread

rozay

Banned
Let's say 1 million people have ME3. Let's say half of them play MP regulary.

If a DLC come in, maybe half of these will buy it at a given price. They'll have new maps and weapons and characters.

But Bioware gave only two map for free, the rest to loot. So players keep spending money for weapons they already have in SP, but now for characters or weapons they never have.

Smart move. Very smart move.

Let's hope they keep it this way and not paid DLC + random loot for new items
]
IMG_0307.jpg
This makes me wonder if it really was intended to be free from the start, or if their plans changed because of the ending backlash. I agree though that this business model isn't bad, it's not like a competitive multiplayer game where purchasing items gives you a good leg up on everybody else, here it just helps the rest of your team (ideally lol)

So I comited suicide. I didn't even know the game let you do that. I have no idea on how I manage it either

This makes me wonder if it really was intended to be free from the start, or if their plans changed because of the ending backlash. I agree though that this business model isn't bad, it's not like a competitive multiplayer game where purchasing items gives you a good leg up on everybody else, here it just helps the rest of your team (ideally lol)

No... Pay for items in competitive is pay to win.

Here it's more like the TF2 model. But it's not free to play either : you still had to buy the game.

evilcau

Neo Member
So I comited suicide. I didn't even know the game let you do that. I have no idea on how I manage it either

Ravagers leave green goo on the ground and it sticks around after they die for a while. It does DoT when you walk over it and if it kills you the message comes up as suicide.

Raxus

You get carried bro. Level 1's simply lack the skill points to have any useful abilities, yeah your guns can do damage but that's it. Hence the "If my team is smart it goes well" no crap, because they basically 3 manned it with some added carnifex dps.

Tell that to a salarian engineer. Some characters do just fine at level 1 if you give them a chance. I just hate the idea of going down to bronze or silver and making significantly less cash for games that are extremely boring. Not to mention the experience is shit. I understand some classes need to be leveled somewhat to contribute significantly (like adept) but I hate the idea that people would toss me aside for a random who could suck but has just leveled higher than me. It's insulting.

exYle

Guaranteed that pack was supposed to be the in-game pack that was delayed to next week. I have no doubt that the DLC was intended to be free.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Harpoon Gun III already. Will never use this weapon after trying it once.

Orca

Tell that to a salarian engineer. Some characters do just fine at level 1 if you give them a chance. I just hate the idea of going down to bronze or silver and making significantly less cash for games that are extremely boring. Not to mention the experience is shit. I understand some classes need to be leveled somewhat to contribute significantly (like adept) but I hate the idea that people would toss me aside for a random who could suck but has just leveled higher than me. It's insulting.

One game at bronze and you can be level four or higher. There's no excuse for jumping into a gold game at level one, with extremely limited powers and nothing in the way of latent damage enhancement. Yes, you CAN contribute minor DPS - but you're a far cry from being an 'effective' part of the team.

I'd never do that outside of playing with a full group of friends.

Kyari

Unlocked a new alien in my first spectre box since the patch went live, got a Batarian Soldier. At first I was kinda bummed because Batarians are lame ... but then I played it and GOD DAMN.
Dat wrist mounted shotgun.
Dat Falcon Punch.

Amazing.

TheYanger

The Salarian Engineer at level 1 has a BASELINE Decoy and nothing else. like one point in shit energy drain. You do no dps besides your carnifex, and you have to recast decoy like three times as often. Yes, you are carried.
You can be like level 8 or so and max your decoy and be much more useful, or into the teens with energy drain on top.

hayejin

I can't seem to join any game for the past week. Few times I tried hosting and was able to play some matches but everytime I try quick join it loads and then it just says waiting for other players and I can hear other people but can't do anything and I get kicked out. Most times I just get loading screen then it boots me back to main page.

What gives?? I'm on xbox and I see people with similar issues online with no resolve.

moop1167

I think a human vanguard would be fine for a gold run, provided he had an adept to set up detonations.

I have only played up to silver but my guy is ridiculous. The last game I played was me, 2 adepts, and a soldier. The adept would throw warps back to back, and I would use my double nova to detonate both. On an atlas it took maybe 10 seconds to drop it.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I think a human vanguard would be fine for a gold run, provided he had an adept to set up detonations.

I have only played up to silver but my guy is ridiculous. The last game I played was me, 2 adepts, and a soldier. The adept would throw warps back to back, and I would use my double nova to detonate both. On an atlas it took maybe 10 seconds to drop it.

Human Vanguard/Drell Adept/Asari Adept or Human Sentinel/Geth or Salarian Infiltrator

Dream team.

natasi

Neo Member
Human vanguard is a probably a decent bet for a gold run. I'm rocking a level 20 right now on silver. The impact radius is better than my krogan vanguard, which would be nice for an increased amount of enemies. I'm 63665 right now.

I still haven't been able to unlock the new characters. Very disappointing.

rozay

Banned
At least the Geth SMG is the only one where Ultralight Materials actually works, so it weighs basically nothing. All the other SMG's, Ultralight is broken.
Is that still the case? I tried it out on a tempest today and it seemed like the cooldown time was the same between a single gun and that same gun+tempest with ultralight materials.

Chanser

Forgive me, I'm just getting started: how do I get non-level-1 weapons? Is there any reason to buy Recruit or Veteran packs or should I always just save up for Spectre?

The last Spectre Pack I bought unlocked Human Male Adept, which I started with...

You probably unlocked extra character customization for your human adept. I always buy premium spectre packs for obvious reasons.

Just unlocked the Saber, wow what a beast!

rozay

Banned

What level are your characters and what guns/mods do you have?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Buying recruit packs can help you level up your starter weapon. It especially useful to have mantis X until you get a widow or katana x until you get a geth plasma shottie. Plus you can get 3 packs just for doing bronze and get some weapon mods.

Ugh.

Took forever to find a match. When I finally did, I was lagging all over the place and had to quit out. Then when I finally get a good match going, the 360 hard locks halfway through.

The bugs in this game are killing my desire to play.

Havok

Buying recruit packs can help you level up your starter weapon. It especially useful to have mantis X until you get a widow or katana x until you get a geth plasma shottie. Plus you can get 3 packs just for doing bronze and get some weapon mods.
I can't recommend this enough for newer players. Hell, I've even got a Widow II and I'm still using the Mantis X because it's so much lighter and seems to be nearly as powerful.

Replicant

I got Katana X, but I can't remember which pack I got it from. It's a powerful weapon that one shotted weaker enemies.

If ya got the funds to, I'd suggest buying a pack if you like this DLC. I bought one... hopefully it encourages them to keep the DLC free. It's a pretty smart move what they are doing, give it out for free and allow those to gamble for the new stuff. I support this model...

exYle

If ya got the funds to, I'd suggest buying a pack if you like this DLC. I bought one... hopefully it encourages them to keep the DLC free. It's a pretty smart move what they are doing, give it out for free and allow those to gamble for the new stuff. I support this model...

Learn the ways of the F2P

I'm guilty of spending at least $15 =(

Replicant

Is the monetization happening on XBox or PC? There's no option to purchase more in-game coins on PS3. So you only get coins from playing the game.

Top Bottom