• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Just got a Justicar. What specs should I go with?

I like improved radius for Reave and Biotic Sphere spec for damage, with 4 points into Fitness and Pull(improved radius again). But then again i only play on Silver. Maybe Gold has something better.

rozay

Banned
I like improved radius for Reave and Biotic Sphere spec for damage, with 4 points into Fitness and Pull(improved radius again). But then again i only play on Silver. Maybe Gold has something better.
I went with 3 points in pull and 5 in fitness, you lose area pull but it doesn't really matter because all you need to do is pull one enemy in a group, hit them with reave and the entire group takes biotic explosion damage and gets reaved as a result of the explosion. Shit is like herpes

As far as reave spec, I went with radius, damage protection and damage, duration and protection. I saw calculations somebody did and the barrier+armor boost isn't too much more damage-wise than the 30% which works on everything as opposed to just the tougher enemies.

I went with radius, Damage reduction and Warp bubble for the sphere and it works really well. It's a real lifesaver against the reapers.

Bisnic

I went with 3 points in pull and 5 in fitness, you lose area pull but it doesn't really matter because all you need to do is pull one enemy in a group, hit them with reave and the entire group takes biotic explosion damage and gets reaved as a result of the explosion. Shit is like herpes

Maybe, but i only had enough points left to either get 15% shield recharge delay or having 4 into Pull, figured that could be more useful. Maybe not actually. The amount of times where Pull actually get 2 guys is kinda rare. I only use Pull to get someone out of cover so Reave or my gun can actually hit them.

rozay

Banned
Maybe, but i only had enough points left to either get 15% shield recharge delay or having 4 into Pull, figured that could be more useful. Maybe not actually. The amount of times where Pull actually get 2 guys is kinda rare. I only use Pull to get someone out of cover so Reave or my gun can actually hit them.
The 15% faster shield recharge helps when you're peeking your head out of cover to fire and constantly getting your shields down.

Replicant

Got a question for PS3 owners who bought the digital version. Do you experience massive slowdown when playing multiplayer? It comes to a point where the game is unplayable, and I cant even exit to the xmb, requiring me to restart my PS3. My PS3 is a slim console btw. Anyone else have this problem?
Mine is disc but I've had the same experience as well. Sometimes it's so bad that I no longer able to move. But I'm not sure if it's EA server or the PS3.

The weirdest one was when we were supposed to upload data and it just went on and on for a while and won't let us complete even though the meter was already full. So we had to wait until the time went off. After that, we're supposed to get to the extraction stage but the game never announced the stage and there was no extraction zone to go to. Eventually we all had to quit and forgo the game. It was so shitty.

Another bug was when we're in Firebase Giant. Sometimes there is one or two enemies hidden on the bottom area that we can't go to. Sometimes we got lucky and could shoot them via the vents (which is fucking ridiculous) but sometimes they were just unreachable via any weapon we have. At one point in Giant we also had a wave where nothing happened. No enemies, no mission. So after wandering around the place looking for enemies we all had to quit.

Got a question for PS3 owners who bought the digital version. Do you experience massive slowdown when playing multiplayer? It comes to a point where the game is unplayable, and I cant even exit to the xmb, requiring me to restart my PS3. My PS3 is a slim console btw. Anyone else have this problem?

I have the disc version and this happened to me once. The game started running really slow, the hdd light was on the whole time. I exited the game turned off my ps3 turned it back on and it hasn't happened since. I have a slim ps3 as well.

Xevren

Back to back spectre packs with Javelins in them. The odds for something like that have to be pretty damn low. Not complaining though.

Replicant

I just had a really tense but awesome session with 2 randoms on Silver. Enemies were Geth and for some reason, the 4th guy who was with us ditched us in wave 3. Fucker. But that seemed to have motivated us to do better and to reach the final wave. Thankfully myself and another random were playing as Geth Engineers so we both have turrets.

I really have to attribute lots of credit to my little turret though. Half of the time I just throw it to a pack of Geths and let it burn the bosh'tet to crisp perfection while I alternated between overload and shooting. It was sooo good when we completed the wave with full extraction. In fact we didn't die much either.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Big props to HK-47 for showing me the light of the Proximity Mine with the Geth Infiltrator.

Nothing quite like putting down Ravagers and Brutes in one shot on Gold.

Firebrand

Yeah, I never liked them before but I'm now using them a lot on my Geth Infilitrator. Mostly use them directly on targets though, as they tend to end up in unexpected spots if I try to place them on the ground. Useful against Phantoms too, stagger them a bit before I shotgun their faces.

Had some okay luck with my Resurgence Packs, unlocked the Geth Engy and now have all characters... except Krogan Sentinel.

So Geth turrets... all damage, all shields or a balance? I could see shields being useful on hacking objectives, otherwise it seems like a bit of a waste.

Dreamer RD

Yea I have psn ver and that slowdown shit happened about 20 times already (slim). Friends also have it. Restarting game helps.

DY_nasty

What's this now?
Using the Proximity Mine for its 10 second damage boost.

You know how you can throw out an Energy Drain from Cloak and then fire a shot really quick while still keeping the bonus? Its the same thing. But with the Claymore.... getting the 22.25% damage boost from Network AI, the 90% boost from Cloak, the 20% boost from headshots, the 20% boost from proxy mines, whatever boost you chose from Hunter mode, and the armor piercing weapon mod - you can kill anything short of a Geth Prime/Atlus/Banshee in one shot.

Using the Proximity Mine for its 10 second damage boost.

You know how you can throw out an Energy Drain from Cloak and then fire a shot really quick while still keeping the bonus? Its the same thing. But with the Claymore.... getting the 22.25% damage boost from Network AI, the 90% boost from Cloak, the 20% boost from headshots, the 20% boost from proxy mines, whatever boost you chose from Hunter mode, and the armor piercing weapon mod - you can kill anything short of a Geth Prime/Atlus/Banshee in one shot.

wow, i never knew that. thanks for the info!

Dreamer RD

wcdZc.jpg

Double fail pack.

Jafku

Mine is disc but I've had the same experience as well. Sometimes it's so bad that I no longer able to move. But I'm not sure if it's EA server or the PS3.

The weirdest one was when we were supposed to upload data and it just went on and on for a while and won't let us complete even though the meter was already full. So we had to wait until the time went off. After that, we're supposed to get to the extraction stage but the game never announced the stage and there was no extraction zone to go to. Eventually we all had to quit and forgo the game. It was so shitty.

Another bug was when we're in Firebase Giant. Sometimes there is one or two enemies hidden on the bottom area that we can't go to. Sometimes we got lucky and could shoot them via the vents (which is fucking ridiculous) but sometimes they were just unreachable via any weapon we have. At one point in Giant we also had a wave where nothing happened. No enemies, no mission. So after wandering around the place looking for enemies we all had to quit.

I have the disc version and this happened to me once. The game started running really slow, the hdd light was on the whole time. I exited the game turned off my ps3 turned it back on and it hasn't happened since. I have a slim ps3 as well.

Yea I have psn ver and that slowdown shit happened about 20 times already (slim). Friends also have it. Restarting game helps.

Well atleast I can confirm that I am not the only who has this problem. I wonder what a permanent fix would be. I only saw one thread on bioware forums that describes this problem, and not much help there.

DY_nasty

wow, i never knew that. thanks for the info!
get the accuracy boost over rate of fire in hunter mode. You wont NEED a choke on the Claymore. Just be sure you have the shredder at all times. The range is a lot better than people give it credit for too. I was landing kills from the overwatch on dagger without too much issue.

Cloak and line up shots. Watch the killstreaks roll in.

Its a bit tricky in situations on white though. And phantoms can be a bitch.

Firebrand

Speaking of slow, just saw a poor Quarian Infilitrator running around in slow-motion. I wanted to tell her that you can fix it by going into the power menu and back, but alas, no text chat.

get the accuracy boost over rate of fire in hunter mode. You wont NEED a choke on the Claymore.
Does the rate of fire even do anything if you're using gun with 1 shot per clip, like the Claymore? I think I picked the rate of fire option unfortunately, should spend one of those 4 respec cards once I've got a build figured out.

DY_nasty

Does the rate of fire even do anything if you're using gun with 1 shot per clip, like the Claymore? I think I picked the rate of fire option unfortunately, should spend one of those 4 respec cards once I've got a build figured out.
Naw it doesn't do anything... its decent with the GPS though.

Firebrand

Ah, seems I got the ranks mixed up, looking at my build it seems accuracy and rate of fire are actually two separate ranks:

Rank 4: Power recharge (+20%) VS Accuracy (+15%)
Rank 5: Power damage (+15%) vs Rate of Fire (+15%)

Bolded are my current picks but I'm not entirely sure. Wouldn't mind an accuracy boost, but being able to re-cloak faster can be a life-saver, literally.

As for the other one... well... no use for Rate of Fire as long as I'm not using other weapons, I assume the power damage would increase the damage for mines.

DY_nasty

Ah, seems I got the ranks mixed up, looking at my build it seems accuracy and rate of fire are actually two separate ranks:

Rank 4: Power recharge (+20%) VS Accuracy (+15%)
Rank 5: Power damage (+15%) vs Rate of Fire (+15%)

Bolded are my current picks but I'm not entirely sure. Wouldn't mind an accuracy boost, but being able to re-cloak faster can be a life-saver, literally.

As for the other one... well... no use for Rate of Fire as long as I'm not using other weapons, I assume the power damage would increase the damage for mines.
just go 5/6/6/6/3 and you can spec the faster recharge for cloak anyway.

With hunter mode and the Claymore, you'll almost no reason to pop out of cover and put yourself in danger at all. Prioritize and stay around a teammate and you'll do just fine.*

My Claymore is at 7 so the weight may be a bigger factor for others. Still, its all about picking your fights and not running through ravager acid guts.

Dreamer RD

Dude, I'm STILL waiting for my first GE. The class I anticipated the most is my last one to unlock.

Unlocked all classes + custom clothes + all new weapons at level X and keep getting these worthless 100k exp cards. My Black Widow is still at level 1, what a joke. Well at least Paladin is 2, Javelin 3 and Saber is 5.

I heard that higher N7 rating raises the chances of getting N7 upgrades, that's why I have over 1200 now. But it appears to be a false info.

Good luck with getting Geth Eng with this fucking random system.

Firebrand

I heard that higher N7 rating raises the chances of getting N7 upgrades, that's why I have over 1200 now. But it appears to be a false info.
I hope that's not true, I haven't bothered promoting except for the community challenge, at 174 or so right now. Maybe I need to start raising eventually to keep myself from getting booted, heh.

More fun glitches: Team just got wiped by a Cerberus ragdoll corpse who refused to stop shooting and meeleing.

rozay

Banned
I hope that's not true, I haven't bothered promoting except for the community challenge, at 174 or so right now. Maybe I need to start raising eventually to keep myself from getting booted, heh.

More fun glitches: Team just got wiped by a Cerberus ragdoll corpse who refused to stop shooting and meeleing.
I had a Cerberus trooper doing windmills on the ground, but before I could grab my phone to record it somebody shot him dead :(

Rubezh

There's been a stealth update to the BSN site that allows you to see all of your characters and items akin to the unlock checklist that was made a while ago. Quite useful.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It seems that Shredder Mod doesnt work on GPS. Cant even pierce guardian shields.

It cant headshot either. If you pick the GPS, bring a light pistol or smg so you can spray at the mailslot. Guardians seem to have good awareness of cloaked units.

Nori Chan

It's like this game gets into your mind

You think of which character you want the most, then it's the last one to unlock.

At launch, any Drell was what I wanted and that was the last one I ever got. Now, I want a Geth Infiltrator and it's the last one I will unlock (haven't gotten the battlemaster either). And now that I'm not looking for the drell adept anymore, I have unlocked everything for him except for skin |:

Dr.Acula

Banned
This fucking game. Takes forever to match-make and I had THREE hosts leave in a row :mad:

Lost like three warp ammo and shield kits for nothing.

This game sometimes!

Dreamer RD

It cant headshot either. If you pick the GPS, bring a light pistol or smg so you can spray at the mailslot. Guardians seem to have good awareness of cloaked units.

Yeah Im picking Carnifex X specially for guardians if going against cerberus. So it's a glitch?

Ha, I see that some people want these guns but I find them not useful. GPS, Claymore, Carnifex and Widow are best.

Ha, I see that some people want these guns but I find them not useful. GPS, Claymore, Carnifex and Widow are best.

I want to try Paladin to compare to Carnifex.
I want to try extrem one shot damage with Javelin.
Black Widow, I don't care (I want Valiant on PS3 Bioware !)
Saber, I want to try. Damn it son. You have a Saber V. Oh God...

Dreamer RD

I want to try Paladin to compare to Carnifex.
I want to try extrem one shot damage with Javelin.
Black Widow, I don't care (I want Valiant on PS3 Bioware !)
Saber, I want to try. Damn it son. You have a Saber V. Oh God...

Paladin is a bit more powerful Carnifex with 3 shots and heavier for like 60% of recharge rate. Nothing special really, unless you level it up to X and use additional ammo per clip.
Speaking of Javelin, you reminded me to try that build for 1 shot killing Primes. Gonna respec now for Sniper.

Edgeward

Host migration mid game is ass. Lost connection and lost all those credits I had.

The worse kind of lag is when you move fine and shoot fine but not of your powers connect or your weapons do any damage.

At least I got a carnifex, finally.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
This fucking game. Takes forever to match-make and I had THREE hosts leave in a row :mad:

Lost like three warp ammo and shield kits for nothing.

This game sometimes!

if you are on PC and can't get a match in like 10 seconds, cancel connection and reconnect. I usually cancel it in 5 seconds because if it connects then it connects in 5 seconds.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Yeah Im picking Carnifex X specially for guardians if going against cerberus. So it's a glitch?

i dont think its a glitch. Well maybe the arpen not working is.

rozay

Banned
What mods seem to work the best with the claymore? I've always stuck with the smart choke and spare ammo.
The barrel will do more damage than the shredder on all difficulties, even to armored targets on Gold, and I think smart choke is essential, so those are my two picks.

Ronabo

I had a Cerberus trooper doing windmills on the ground, but before I could grab my phone to record it somebody shot him dead :(

Yeah I had that happen too. It fucking rocked!

I wanted to grab footage and edit some Breakin' music to it.

I had a Geth Hunter get hit by a proximity mine, and comically fly back, except his legs were still stuck to the ground. New boss type: Elastic Geth.

Bisnic

I just had the weirdest match i've ever seen.

All 4 players were invincible, literally. You would think we played on a hacked server... BUT we couldnt pick up ammo packs so we all ended up with our guns being useless after a few waves. I had to melee everything after i used Reave. :lol I still have no idea if it was a bugged match or someone who hacked something to make people invincible and we ended up with a no ammo pack glitch caused by that.
Phantoms were the only ones who could kill us thanks to their one-hit kill sword.

rozay

Banned
I'm not having the connection errors anymore thankfully, but our entire team almost wiped on firebase white thanks to a turret that none of us could locate or kill. I think it got built inside the fighter on the landing pad hahaha

Offensive justicar with a vindicator, mattock or phaeston with 200% cooldown bonus is a really fun character to play on silver. I don't want to try gold with her until I'm more comfortable with proper bubble placement and usage in general.

RyanDG

I just had the weirdest match i've ever seen.

All 4 players were invincible, literally. You would think we played on a hacked server... BUT we couldnt pick up ammo packs so we all ended up with our guns being useless after a few waves. I had to melee everything after i used Reave. :lol I still have no idea if it was a bugged match or someone who hacked something to make people invincible and we ended up with a no ammo pack glitch caused by that.
Phantoms were the only ones who could kill us thanks to their one-hit kill sword.

If you had a Vanguard with you - I've noticed that if a vanguard glitches out it will sometimes screw with everyone's games if they are around where the vanguard is glitching. The last time I glitched out as a vanguard, it gave my teammates an instant shield regen and infinite rocket ammo.

Top Bottom