• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Joined a game in progress and my teammates were dying left and right. Was having trouble taking down enemies and thought I might have been placed in a Silver match (specified Bronze). My suspicions were confirmed after we got a full extraction.

Saw one guy in a lobby with an N7 rating of 120, a Black Widow X, and a Harrier X. :O

The vorcha sentinel is pretty tanky. I maxed out Bloodlust with health regen and although I run around with no shields most of the time, I don't die. I wish I had some better guns; at long range I don't do any damage.

Can someone explain how Bloodlust works? I toggle it on at the start (he does an animation), but how do I know if I gain a stack? Sometimes he does the Bloodlust animation again.
Vorcha Sentinel build for Gold:
Harrier + Reegar.
6/0/6/6/6 specc'd for regeneration (not melee).
Grenade Gear.

True story. Getting in close is tough unless it's specifically close enemies. That's why I don't put any points into the Flamer (even though it really is powerful).

Sai

No multiplayer DLC tomorrow so I purchase one Spectre Pack for shits and giggles. I normally get 5 at a time or so to get a nice average. I also always keep buying if I get something rare/UR.

I just wanted ONE pack to test if the store really does troll me or not.
Welp, it had a black card.
Sabre VIII.
Fuck you too store.
Every time I see somebody complainin' about a Saber upgrade, I die a lil' inside. :(

My highest Ultra Rare is a Talon IV, then I've got a Javelin and Saber II, and just unlocked the Harrier today.

If all of those were Saber unlocks, I'd have an VIII too, and I'd be so happy.

tho happeh~

Mindlog

I'll trade for your Harrier and Talon upgrades!

I use the Saber on my Geth Engineer just because I want to use it on something. My next highest UR is my Javelin VII and I never use that damned thing.

Sai

Wish I could. :(

Re: Harrier - Thing would be awesome if it didn't weigh so much, and have such limited ammunition. Four reloads and you're done? What kind of AR is that? :p Maybe if I put a thermal clip mod on it and level it up a bit to reduce the weight it would be almost ideal.

Thanks for the answers about the Extended Cut. Well at least all the MP practice should make me cut through enemies like butter.

Vorcha Sentinel build for Gold:
Harrier + Reegar.
6/0/6/6/6 specc'd for regeneration (not melee).
Grenade Gear.

True story. Getting in close is tough unless it's specifically close enemies. That's why I don't put any points into the Flamer (even though it really is powerful).

If only I had the Harrier or the Reegar. :( Agree about the close quarters though; I usually use Flamer on Husks.

Wish I could. :(

Re: Harrier - Thing would be awesome if it didn't weigh so much, and have such limited ammunition. Four reloads and you're done? What kind of AR is that? :p Maybe if I put a thermal clip mod on it and level it up a bit to reduce the weight it would be almost ideal.

The Harrier is one of the most powerful weapons in the game DPS-wise. I love the thing. Just stay near an ammo box.

It still doesn't beat the Infiltrator-Krysae awesomeness, but it's great for soldiers and the vorcha sentinel.

Edit: Does anyone know if the DLC weapons can be used in the single player? I'd love to use the Krysae or the Harrier in campaign.

Sai

The Harrier is one of the most powerful weapons in the game DPS-wise. I love the thing. Just stay near an ammo box.
True, the damage and accuracy is crazy. It just feels weird worrying about an AR's ammo count so soon after a few shots, y'know? :p

I'd like to pair the Harrier up with the Eviscerator or Talon for my Cerberus Vanguard, but the weight...

Edit: Does anyone know if the DLC weapons can be used in the single player? I'd love to use the Krysae or the Harrier in campaign.
Not yet. I've been keeping an eye on the modding thread at BSN, seems like the only data related to the weapons from the Rebellion DLC that's downloaded are their skins, while the rest of it is accessed through EA's servers.

Come to think of it, I've never bothered to try the Resurgence DLC weapons in single player.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Does this have a good playerbase on PC? I havent started ME3 yet but Ill try the MP if people play it.

I dont really have trouble getting a group of 4. Only takes a few seconds after choosing "Quick Match". Sometimes it takes forever to find a group, but a quick cancel & retry can give you one almost instantly. Dunno if its a bug or just luck. :lol

Mindlog

Changes. That's just the way it is.
Mass Effect 3’s Multiplayer has been an interesting journey
for BioWare. Over the last few months, we’ve been watching player behavior,
talking to our players on the forums and in the game lobbies, and playing the
hell out of the game at home. Based on all of that, we’ve been trying to make
adjustments to the game within our post-ship limitations, our capacity for
development and testing, and our ability to patch or update.

We want you to know that we’ve been listening. We’ve heard
your feedback about character unlocks and training in the Reinforcement Packs,
and we’re poised to make some great changes in these areas. Specifically, we
want you to get new content faster and have a satisfying replacement drop once
you have all of the new kits. To this end, we’ve removed
Character kit cards as rare drops after all appearance options have been
unlocked and we’ll be introducing a new powerful Rare Ammo type that will drop
when you’ve maxed out your kits.

We hope you enjoy these changes, and we look forward to
seeing you in game!
This will never be the same.

Maxed character card drops are going to stop and will make way for new rare ammo. Great change.

Cat Party

Maxed character card drops are going to stop and will make way for new rare ammo. Great change.

You mean I can buy Veteran Packs again?????

tumblr_m5ahh6LzAr1qztwte.gif

Bisnic

Oh thank you based god.

I just hope that more people getting maxed weapons quicker wont mean people will stop playing multiplayer sooner.

Edit : N7 Hurricane III from Commendation pack! Victory pack do not seem to have a guaranteed N7 weapon this week though, i got a bunch of equipments + Geth SMG IX.

rozay

Banned

just a fyi since the wording implies it's live, a dev confirmed it isn't. save your credits!

edit:but the rare ammo seems to be available, not sure if this means character card changes are live
MassEffect32012-06-2615-37-07-81.jpg

AlStrong

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/9544143#12779993
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 26, 2012
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Character Pack Changes
- Removed character kit cards as rare drops after all appearance options have
been unlocked and we've introduced new powerful Rare Ammo types that will
drop when you've maxed out your kits.
See more details here.

Tactical Cloak Power
- Base duration decreased from 8 to 4 seconds Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
- Evolution 1 duration bonus increased from 50% to 150%
- Base damage bonus decreased from 50% to 40%
- Evolution 6 sniper rifle damage bonus decreased from 40% to 25%

Human Adept Heavy Melee
- Base damage increased from 250 to 500

Saber Assault Rifle
- Encumbrance decreased from [2.0-1.4] to [1.7-1.4]

Wraith Shotgun
- Encumbrance decreased from [1.5-0.9] to [1.2-0.9]

Crusader Shotgun
- Encumbrance decreased from [2.5-2.0] to [2.3-2.0]

Javelin Sniper Rifle
- Encumbrance decreased from [3.0-2.4] to [2.7-2.4]

Black Widow Sniper Rifle
- Encumbrance decreased from [2.5-2.0] to [2.3-2.0]

Indra Sniper Rifle
- Encumbrance decreased from [1.25-0.7] to [1.0-0.7]

Bisnic

Man, killing the last required Atlas with a rocket for the 10th wave of Gold Cerberus, while being the only left alive and dying one second later with 0 medigels left, just enough for the 70k credits... feels good man. Damn these Phantoms that kept coming all the fucking time. You kill one, and another always come out from around the corner.

Mindlog

Playing single player again after multi is eye-opening. Having access to all those powers and guns is weird. Even on Insanity it was almost 0 challenge.

RNG was kind. Lots of IV Ammo, consumables, more Gold gear, Hurricane III (no couch is safe) and Scorpion II. Hurricane/Scorpion Geth Infiltrator is pleased. The 'nerf' doesn't change what I do with him. It does suck for capturing points on other maps.

Eagle III BLAAAARGH. Finally unlocked the Phoenix classes though. Their powers look cool and are fun to use, but don't seem to be all that... good. Especially with fitness bugged. That hasn't been fixed has it? Because man, paper thin.

Also, I really want a Harrier, and a Vorcha Sentinel.

It's a huge document that I can't understand. Someone will need to actually explain where the proof is.

I went through it last night.

It does mention a Human for each class if this is DLC or not i have zero idea.

It also talks about the particle rifle.

Code:
<data>Particle Rifle &lt;CUSTOM0&gt;</data>
<data>The Prothean Particle rifle. An alien energy weapon.</data>
<data>After the Reapers obliterated the Prothean Empire's warships, the Prothean resistance was forced to develop weapons that did not rely on intact supply lines. The Prothean Particle Rifle is a stripped-down, powerful assault rifle modified to fire without thermal clips or specialized ammunition. Alliance scientists agree that it appears to share some principles with the Collectors' particle beam weapon, although this gun requires a temporary cool-down period if it overheats. An amalgam of two different eras of technology, the particle rifle is still a deadly, efficient weapon.</data>

Most of it is pretty spoilery info about the next Single player DLC

Inversive

First game playing after ages to try the new maps from Rebellion and I 3man Firebase Jade going top with 98260 points. The next player had 32215 and the 3rd had 15k :/ I had expected people to get better at the game. Carrying people can we fun sometimes though, i had a blast sniping on that map as there's lots of nice sight lines.

Mindlog

Anybody got a good Phoenix Adept setup?
Right now I'm running 3/6/6/5/6. You don't really need Singularity, but I threw some points in there for mobs. Lash is set to shield grab and Smash is armor demo. Find a corner and Smash everything. There are no invincibility frames in Smash so keep that in mind. You are extremely fragile so always try to fire from behind a wall when possible.

Tired of waiting for DLC news so I dropped another million and a half credits on PSP packs. I upgraded just about everything I wanted. @_@
Scorpion III
Grenade Capacity IV
Cerberus Harrier V
Warfighter Package V
Also got the Paladin IV, BW IV, and Expert Package IV. Good trade store.

The Infiltrator duration change is stupid. Evolution 4 damage bonus needs to be drastically decreased to ever make duration a semi-relevant alternative.

Gui_PT

I just found a cheater. He has used at least 50 missiles already and we're still on wave 5

Where do I report him?

Edit: I just found another one in another game! wth!!

Sai

EA Customer Support? They track stuff like that, right?

I admire those of you that can just save up a million+ credits. I can't even get to 200k without splurging on a couple of Premium Spectre Packs, or a ton of Veteran Packs.

Bisnic

EA Customer Support? They track stuff like that, right?

I admire those of you that can just save up a million+ credits. I can't even get to 200k without splurging on a couple of Premium Spectre Packs, or a ton of Veteran Packs.

Yeah, once i reach over 100k, there goes all my credits for a Premium Spectre pack. :p As long as im still missing maxed characters and guns, i think that's how it's gonna work.

Cat Party

lol, Eagle IV bitches. My Eagle is now higher ranked than my Carnifex.

I use the Eagle with my Adepts and my Human Sentinel, as it's been buffed enough to be useful, but shit, how about a damn Hurricane finally?

Also, I noticed I had all the uncommon level character appearance options except one. Bought two veteran packs, and of course I got that last character card. But no more. Feels good, man.

Top Bottom