• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

So should we of gotten then Reward pack for extraction yet?

I dont have mine, and i did it with 13 hours remaining, I wonder if they did actually cut it off 20 hours early.

This whole weekend has been a clusterfuck.

Gui_PT

So should we of gotten then Reward pack for extraction yet?

I dont have mine, and i did it with 13 hours remaining, I wonder if they did actually cut it off 20 hours early.

This whole weekend has been a clusterfuck.

It's usually on Wednesdays. Or late tuesdays.

exYle

bought 8 psp packs

got the new engie and is amazing!!!!! to have so much nages but with weak shieds

the new vanguard, meh

the juggernaut mod with improved shields and heavy melee

and just that, depressing lol

I want to try the new adept

Funny, the concensus on these two classes seems to be the opposite

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oh, and I forgot the +25% extra weapon damage (plus more I think with passive + Devastator Mode on) permanently on in addition to increase rate of fire and extra ammo for the Destroyer on my Harrier.

I chose Geth as well. Hunters are fast as hell. I ran to one side of the map and hid behind cover so I could grab as many of them as possible. I kept circling the map trying to clear out the smaller enemies before tackling the Primes and whatnot*. The bosses regenerate shields crazy fast so you have to be ready to pour everything you have on them with as little interruption as possible.

*Thankfully they made Cerberus Engineer more aggressive. They reposition their turret to try and trap you, but all it does is give you an opening to keep circling the map :p

Yeah man, if you don't handle them from far, you're going to get overrun pronto - thank goodness for Hunter Mode + Prox. Mine + Harrier when it comes to them.

Sai

Funny, the concensus on these two classes seems to be the opposite
Really? Slayer's good, but I thought the Demolisher was pretty solid too. Even though it's part of the Engineer Class, you don't have to worry about cooldown, and you can carry up to 13 grenades.

exYle

because no one wants to play support.

Very true.

Really? Slayer's good, but I thought the Demolisher was pretty solid too. Even though it's part of the Engineer Class, you don't have to worry about cooldown, and you can carry up to 13 grenades.

The complaints I hear are:

- Homing grenades are nothing to write home about
- Arc grenade base radius is reduced from QMI/QME
- Supply pylon spits out grenades much too slowly, and they can be snatched up by anybody who walks over it, rather than the engineer herself

Other than that, the Demolisher is getting tons of praise. I hear Justicar Bubble + Supply Pylon + Geth Turrets = impenetrable phalanx.

The complaints I hear are:

- Homing grenades are nothing to write home about
- Arc grenade base radius is reduced from QMI/QME
- Supply pylon spits out grenades much too slowly, and they can be snatched up by anybody who walks over it, rather than the engineer herself

-The main issue about the homing is that the cast and the speed of the nade are very slow (much like the Phoenix before the buffs) so everyone can kill you objetive before the grande impact and detonates and dont do so much damage.
-The eletric radius is good not that good as the male quarian bombs but still usefull as mass control
-The sacrifice to be a support is to share with your companions still, you can upgrade the ammo regen by 25%

This engie worls better for farming or with a party full of infiltrators than a squads full of vanguards and adepts. I built my engie to have more grenades, More ammo regen radius and adds a mini recharge shields.

Xevren

I got one new class out of the 44 premium spec packs I opened. Finally got some gear..but not any of the good ones.

I think honestly the best thing to do is if you are playing with a Demolisher, don't even bother playing another grenade class. They're going to snatch up so many of them since they can carry so many that it just sucks. As a male quarian it was just awful.

Gui_PT

Btw, there is Platinum on 360

Just finished a gold run with my Shadow. I think I'm in love. I put no shields on her and she can still kick ass on cqc

The fact that I can kill a Phantom on gold with 2 attacks turns me on sooo much.

nnlixzacg.gif

I'm pretty sure the new items are supposed to be dropping more often. Either that, or I got insanely lucky when I unlocked both the Demolisher and the Slayer in one pack.

Mindlog

There's something screwy going on with the packs. I'm holding onto my last 1.5m until I hear otherwise.

Hopping on now, but Platinum doesn't want to search for a lobby :(
Let me see what goes.

ps Reegar + Devastotor is... just try it.

rozay

Banned
Demolisher and Typhoon are just too good. You can increase the clip from 100 to roughly 221. I've never cared so little about an approaching banshee as I did with this class.

Really loving the Demolisher class.

+
No cooldowns except pylon, so you can use whatever weapons you want.
You can carry so many grenades, it's absurd.
Using an agile human is nice, I always found the alien animations to be a little clunky.
Also, she looks cool.

-
The pylon spits the grenades out a little too slowly.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Could be that something is up with the packs in since I got practically nothing while my friend got everything multiple times.

Trailer for the DLC is finally out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bkKPqOUvsE&feature=player_embedded

Really loving the Demolisher class.

+
No cooldowns except pylon, so you can use whatever weapons you want.
You can carry so many grenades, it's absurd.
Using an agile human is nice, I always found the alien animations to be a little clunky.
Also, she looks cool.

-
The pylon spits the grenades out a little too slowly.

Maxed out plus the Grenade Capacity V, my friend had 12 Homing + 12 of the other grenade - that's just nuts.

Mindlog

Also, recast the pylon immediately after picking up grenades.

Platinum lobby search is still not working. I started a Gold lobby (hoping to switch it to Platinum.) No one joined so I just went to solo it again. 3 minutes in and I can't find the Primes! I had forgot to set it back to Platinum.

So I solo'd Gold. It's weird how much easier Gold is than Platinum.

I am super jealous of all of you. I had meetings all day and I'm in a plane now to go to a hotel for another meeting tomorrow. Blegh. Play one for me! What's the most powerful class for platinum?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oh yeah, totally forgot that I unlocked the Paladin (the N7 pistol) today finally as well.

So all in all I got with Ultra Rares today:

Paladin I
3 Javelin upgrades to get Javelin IV (I really hate this weapon though)
Harrier II
The Indra for the first time
Black Widow II

Any other day I would have been happy, but I want that N7 Shadow so bad, and probably the Typhoon since I heard it's better and has more ammo than the Harrier, which is the only Earth DLC weapon I don't have actually.

Nope. Both grenade types have the same pool.

Oh - then he explained it wrong then.

Also, recast the pylon immediately after picking up grenades.

Yeah I already had that in mind for whenever I unlocked the character, but he found that out on his own as well.

I normally dont condone cheating but the game acrewed up and put me in a platinum game. 2 of the squad members had infinite rocket missles and we completed the game in 21 minutes. I got over 500K exp and 130K credits.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Got errythang but the mods.

Shadow is too much fun. But never take her to Platinum lol

Devastator... man. The rate of fire/accuracy/damage bonus + Revenant = Harrieroncrack.

Tried the new vanguard.....damm I dont know how to use him except for spaming the sword ability then run away, melee is useless in gold so I died 5 times in a row.

The Paladin amazing for engineers and infiltrators, his Ice beam have an absurd range and the shield is great for long range attacks but weak in melee attacks

Dave_6

Ok so I spent all of my credits a few minutes ago; over 900K and I now have 250 left lol. Only new character I got is the Destroyer (plus finally the Salarian Infiltrator!) and I also got the Acolyte plus the new N7 shotty. Anyone tell me what a badass build is for the Destroyer?

Nori Chan

Tried the new vanguard.....damm I dont know how to use him except for spaming the sword ability then run away, melee is useless in gold so I died 5 times in a row.

The Paladin amazing for engineers and infiltrators, his Ice beam have an absurd range and the shield is great for long range attacks but weak in melee attacks
You're tripping son

Slayer is the best n7 class

Top Bottom