• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

X-Frame

Are you sure it isn't better? At first glance, the Penetration looked ridiculously better. Mine is only at level 1 though.

Well, I am comparing a AR Piercing Mod V to a Velocity Barrel I, and I know it'll get better at V but not sure by how much. If it's much better and just tears through armor and cover then it would be worth it on my Turian Ghost where cool down as as much of an issue.

Actually, I have the new barrel at IV. I need to check again when I get home on what the values are. Upon first glance I wasn't impressed but I'm sure I read it wrong.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Well, I am comparing a AR Piercing Mod V to a Velocity Barrel I, and I know it'll get better at V but not sure by how much. If it's much better and just tears through armor and cover then it would be worth it on my Turian Ghost where cool down as as much of an issue.

Actually, I have the new barrel at IV. I need to check again when I get home on what the values are. Upon first glance I wasn't impressed but I'm sure I read it wrong.

The new piercing mods and the thermal scope... I've seen some crazy shit from my buddy who still rolls with a Widow.

Crazy shit.

Like one shot killstreaks crazy shit (all husks and cannibals but still...)

Dave_6

I haven't played much lately (except this past weekend just to do the challenge) but I had to get the new DLC last night. Man, the Collectors are an awesome new challenge! Only had time for a couple games so I jumped into a Bronze game with some randoms. Two of my teammates were using the Volus and I was using my trusty Asari Adept since I still have so few of the DLC characters. We wound up barely making it out alive at the end of the match lol. They are definitely difficult once the Scions start showing up!

Melchiah

You do get an extra 10% credits now if you were alive during extraction.

Ah, good to know.

Just used 1.2m credits for 12 PSPs, and this is what I got.

1 - BF3 Soldier, Disciple III
2 - Nothing extraordinary
3 - Multicapacitor I, AT-12 Raider I Shotgun, Volus Adept
4 - Guerrilla Upgrade I, Batarian Soldier
5 - Expert Package II, M-55 Argus I Assault Rifle
6 - Nothing extraordinary
7 - Turian Ghost
8 - Operative Package II
9 - Reset Powers, Commando Package I
10 - Piranha I Shotgun, Volus Engineer
11 - Geth Plasma Shotgun V & Pulse Rifle VII
12 - Striker Assault Rifle X, Operative Package III

And I bought two PSPs with real money just to support the game.
13 - Krysae III Sniper Rifle, Ops Survival Pack capacity +1
14 - Reset Powers, Krysae IV

Still no increase to Medi-Gel capacity/Juggernaut Shield/Densified Ammunition, or Harrier and the four missing N7 characters, but all in all I'm very satisfied with getting the bolded ones.

EDIT: Is Krysae still a good weapon after it was nerfed?

Sajjaja

What the hell is up with the Collector SMG? How the hell are you supposed to use this shit? It runs out of ammo almost instantly, then takes forever to replenish the ammo. Am I doing something wrong, or is this thing just terrible? Or perhaps its a situational only item as it is highly effective against armor.

Sajjaja

I got one but haven't used it yet. What if you pump the trigger essentially burst firing it? Does the ammo last longer?

It does last slightly longer as the ammo regens a bit, but I find that if you're actually trying to accomplish something with it, you're better off not using it. Either that or I'm doing something wrong.

I think it would work well with a Turian Soldier build though.

Mindlog

The Turian Soldier is still better off with the Hurricane as far as I can tell. I used the Collector SMG X on Gold and couldn't figure out its point.

The Penetration mod might need some work. For now it looks like its best with the rapid firing ARs on characters that'd don't need to worry about cooldown.

Someone solo'd Platinum with a Volus. Fffffffffffffff. There's no way I could have played for 78 minutes straight though.

DY_nasty

The kyrsae is still a decent weapon. You just won't be laying down anymore orbital bombardments.

And yeah - cooldown goes to shit with the new mods.

Mindlog

Great!

What? The mods affect the cooldown?!
Some of the new mods add to weapon weight.
It doesn't say a volus anywhere >_>

But if that's the case....what's his build cause I'm pretty sure mine is shit.

My volus adept is

3/6/6/6/5
It's right at the top right where it says 78:51 :]
Here's the thread.
His build was 0 Warp Bubbles 6 everything else.

I'm currently running 6/6/6/5/3 or 4/4 I forget

Xevren

I reaaaaaaally like the new layout on White. Due to the challenges I've been trying out new guns more, I am absolutely terrible with the Crusader. It's great when I do hit things at least! I'm just glad there's no accuracy stat, I would cry to see what mine would be with it.

Sai

Talon X! First Ultra Rare I've maxed out. Wish it was the Saber instead, but whatever—throw confetti 'n stuff!

I would like the Havoc 'n Ghost so much more if the Stimulant Packs weren't reliant on grenades, and the Havoc Strike did more damage(though the window of invincibility is nice).

Omega

Banned
Talon X! First Ultra Rare I've maxed out. Wish it was the Saber instead, but whatever—throw confetti 'n stuff!

I would like the Havoc 'n Ghost so much more if the Stimulant Packs weren't reliant on grenades, and the Havoc Strike did more damage(though the window of invincibility is nice).

Saber X is a beast. I don't use it much though because it's not a run-n-gun friendly weapon.

also regarding the Havoc, I'm not sure if someone on here mentioned it or someone on BSN, but the Havoc's heavy melee gives you an insane damage reduction, it's borderline invincibility.

Played Rio yesterday with him and had to deliver the pizza and figured I'd heavy melee my way there. I went through 3 cerberus turrets without losing more than half my shields, and this was a level 8 Havoc with no points in fitness or any equipment.

Sajjaja

Your 66653 seems like a smart build. I'm like doing nothing but spamming shield boost with super weak Orbs. I'm super squishy anyways so, might as well take that blow to shield/health.

X-Frame

Saber X is a beast. I don't use it much though because it's not a run-n-gun friendly weapon.

also regarding the Havoc, I'm not sure if someone on here mentioned it or someone on BSN, but the Havoc's heavy melee gives you an insane damage reduction, it's borderline invincibility.

Played Rio yesterday with him and had to deliver the pizza and figured I'd heavy melee my way there. I went through 3 cerberus turrets without losing more than half my shields, and this was a level 8 Havoc with no points in fitness or any equipment.

Does the Ghost have the same heavy melee as the Havoc?

Does the Ghost have the same heavy melee as the Havoc?

Yes it does.

Also just want to say that the Turian Ghost + Harrier + Stim packs specced for damage is an absolute beast. Invis + stim pack + thermal clip pack = redonculous amounts of damage - enough to take out a possessed scion with one magazine (using the extended magazine mod). It's also incredibly easy to dodge banshee bombs and other things thanks to the jetpack roll. The only real weakness is that you run out of ammo super quickly, so you need to stay by a resupply crate. This is a bit problematic on platinum since crates give you less ammo than on other difficulties.

Melchiah

I'll have to try that.

On a side note, I finally got the long sought-after +1 to Medi-Gel capacity, and another for Ops Survival Pack capacity as well. Wohoo!

krakov

Tech explosions are pretty awesome now. Take a tech heavy team into battle and you will have constant explosions everywhere. The paladin tech explosions land on the character when detonating with snap freeze but not with incinerate, I think. With the freeze combo working and these new explosions that class is great, and it was one of my favorites already.

Managed to play some games with a friend today and extracted against Collectors on gold. The clam boss is pretty hard and damn annoying (melee stunlock, sync kill, laggy beams of death) but the other enemies aren't that bad. Scions feel especially weak since they were the stuff of nightmares in ME2.

Collectors are dope. Crapped my pants the first time I shadow striked a possessed abomination.

Dragoons are a great addition, but I think they move a little too fast considering how much damage they do and how much health they have.

Bombers are also a great addidtion, but can fuck off if you're trying to upload or just hold down a position.

I like the changes made to White, but not so much the changes made to Glacier. Blocking off that room makes that corridor a bad place to be. Also, Hazards are awesome, can't wait to see what in store for the other maps.

All the collector weapons seem... bad.

Every time I jetpack around, I cream my pants a little bit as my screen is filled with lens flares.

Volus are hilarious. Also awesome medics.

Tech is now incredible. Was using the Paladin for a few games last night, holy shit. Unlimited power (tech combos). I got the energy drain challenge in ONE match!

Only disappointment is no harbinger "Assuming control!" I get that it would be annoying since there are so many per round, but if he said it just once per round, that would be awesome.

An-Det

Got the update. On the Characters screen, what do the galaxy symbols with the number next to it mean? I could have sworn it used to mean you could promote that class, is this the number of times you have promoted it already?

X-Frame

I was kicked just before 3 times for trying to play as a Quarian Female Engineer and the Human Engineer. These people don't understand just how much more powerful classes that can dish out Cryo and Fire explosions became.

Balance changes such as this should be displayed on the title screen so that they would realize why people are suddenly using these classes now.

I just played with a Human Engineer and the versatility of this class is amazing. Incinerate to Overload is Fire Explosions rapid-fire. The other way around is Tech Bursts with even lower cooldown, and the Drone with the rockets can set up fire explosions as well! Send the drone into a group of Ravagers and enemies just spawning, fire an Incinerate and then fire explosion!

I can't begin to say just how much that 1 balance change changed the game. I need to respec half of my classes now.

Xevren

I was kicked just before 3 times for trying to play as a Quarian Female Engineer and the Human Engineer. These people don't understand just how much more powerful classes that can dish out Cryo and Fire explosions became.

Balance changes such as this should be displayed on the title screen so that they would realize why people are suddenly using these classes now.

I just played with a Human Engineer and the versatility of this class is amazing. Incinerate to Overload is Fire Explosions rapid-fire. The other way around is Tech Bursts with even lower cooldown, and the Drone with the rockets can set up fire explosions as well! Send the drone into a group of Ravagers and enemies just spawning, fire an Incinerate and then fire explosion!

I can't begin to say just how much that 1 balance change changed the game. I need to respec half of my classes now.

I've been getting booted because of what weapons I'm using today. Luckily after that I tend to join games mid progress so they don't have a choice, so nyeah! Going for the shotgun challenge so trying out stuff I never really used before.

Am I the only one that feels that Platinum Geth is ridiculously unfun now? Almost constant stunlock and once you go down, there's pretty much no way to get back up since you just get stunlocked again until you die.

GSR

Anyone else on PC having trouble connecting? My roommate and I wanted to give it a go but I'm not even able to connect to the server and he can't download the DLC.

Melchiah

Number 1 in Finland! =D
QySpX.jpg

Won't probably be long though.

X-Frame

Gold is clearly more difficult now for a variety of reasons:

1. The first is obviously new unfamiliar enemies of which the player base needs to develop new strategies for.

2. Another is that the health gate seems to be completely gone or minimal. It is becoming very common to be downed from full health in a split second from Marauder, Cannibal, or Trooper fire whereas before a sliver of health would remain for a few seconds negating any fire allowing you to escape, heal, etc.

3. Many more enemies can execute us now so more reliance on consumables along with more tactical playstyles.

EDIT:

4. More players returning to ME3 due to the DLC and that weren't that good or don't have good enough weapons or gears flooding the lobbies.

Can anyone think of anything else? By the way, I LOVE IT. Seriously, I love Gold now.

DY_nasty

The gate is still there. The fire rate and firing "tempo" of a group of enemies has changed up though.

Mindlog

I had no idea how the banners worked.
Yesterday I did 2 Gold solo matches. Just checked and I already have the banner unlocked. It only takes 3/4 to get the banner and a kind soul wanted to save me the trouble of trying to solo Platinum.
Now I want to solo Platinum out of spite lol.
I'll have to try that.

On a side note, I finally got the long sought-after +1 to Medi-Gel capacity, and another for Ops Survival Pack capacity as well. Wohoo!
Nice. There are also a lot of new gear that increase consumable capacity.

Grabbed my Turian Ghost with PPR and played a map of U/U/G. Got Hazard Dagger/Collectors. Collectors on Hazard Dagger/Gold is kind of hard... Felt like a dick getting Lone Survivor and then hitting them with the Lone Wolf banner in the lobby.
Turian Ghost still rolls from cover to cover.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I used to shit on the Particle Rifle, but at rank V, with the magazine and piercing mods, coupled with the Turian Infiltrator 20% extra assault rifle spec from his Tactical Cloak... its pretty powerful!

X-Frame

Is it me or have sync kills also been tripled or something? Each and every single time a Banshee has gotten in arm's length of me I get sync killed. Every single time, no exceptions. That never used to happen either.

Sai

Another Wave 10 disconnect...

* Sai sighs.

Anyways&#8212;Collector AR/Sniper X/VI, Saber V, and Black Widow IV... Medi-Gel Transmitter, Armored Compartments, and Assault Loadout Gear unlocked... And two more appearance unlocks left for the Vol-Engi, Ghost, and one for the Havoc... Want that Vol-Adept! >_<

How's the Collector SMG? The description says it's low-recoil and effective against armor, so that's got me interested.

Is it me or have sync kills also been tripled or something?
I've noticed people getting sync killed more often. I think they fixed the issue with them being triggered from obscene distances, but it'd make sense if Bioware increased the rate at which they used them to compensate.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Gold feels like the new Platinum and Silver the new Gold... and not just because of Collectors. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but it kinda sucks for credits "farming". Gold used to be a decent challenge, but quite doable to complete the extraction. Now it just seems too hard to even bother or beat Wave 10.

Goddamn Collectors.

I think if you took out the Praetorians, they wouldn't be nearly as difficult; those boys deal massive damage, take massive damage, and are pretty damn fast as well. They constantly keep you moving and get in the way of you trying to kill the little guys, too.

After 2 or 3 tries of dying on wave 8 of Gold/Collectors, we finally cleared them -- only took 48 minutes exactly, lol. It would have been at least 15min faster if 3 of us didn't die on wave 6, leaving the lone survivor to take out 2 Praetorians, 2 Scions, 3 Captains, and near-constant Seeker Swarms.

exYle

The Male Quarian Engineer is now one of my favorite classes.

If an enemy has shields or barriers, I go Arc Grenade -> Incinerate.
If an enemy has armour, I go Incinerate -> Arc Grenade.

SO GOOD.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Male Quarian Engineer is fantastic. Tag, grenade/incinerate, shoot during recharge. I'm using the Saber and it's great to just sit back, tag dudes, and pummel them with all sorts of shit.

This new DLC is very interesting.

Is it possible to turn off the hazards though? Every time i play Firebase Dagger its during a storm and i havent seen it back to its original condition yet.

Ive been using the Volus Engineer a lot. After a few different plays i specced him without the proxy mine as i just wasnt using it at all.

Its a very difficult class but has great potential. I have mine using shield boost with the 50% damage decrease for all team mates. I have the recon mine specced for large range and increased damage for anyone who is highlighted.

THe problem is finding a weapon for this class. I have a Scorpion VI which fits in quite well, but its not hte sort of weapon to get you out of a quick jam. You need to keep your cooldowns low for the shield boost.

Also, im not sure if his Heavy Melee does anything at all.

It's the class im most intrigued by for sure,

Sajjaja

Human Adept is a glass cannon man. He's squishy (didn't max fitness), but can set up biotic explosions like nothing. Cooldowns are a little slow though.

I'm running a 6/6/6/5/3 build and I can level shit like its no ones business. But those Dragoons man.....they move in too fast before i can set them up before a explosion :(

Volus adept trivializes Platinum. Ran Platinum several times last night, just stuck close to vanguard/soldier and they mowed everything down without ever using consumables or cover.

Really looking forward to new Asari and Vanguard classes, if they're half as good as Volus I will be very happy.

Sajjaja

Volus adept trivializes Platinum. Ran Platinum several times last night, just stuck close to vanguard/soldier and they mowed everything down without ever using consumables or cover.

Really looking forward to new Asari and Vanguard classes, if they're half as good as Volus I will be very happy.

Are you just playing support Volus Adept or actually getting kills and shit? I cannot seem to be very productive unless I'm in a lobby with rookies... How did you build him?

BTW when i first got the DLC there were loads of classes (ie. Asari Huntress etc) - now they arent there anymore. Is that a mistake and they were supposed to be drip fed to us over time?

Are you just playing support Volus Adept or actually getting kills and shit? I cannot seem to be very productive unless I'm in a lobby with rookies... How did you build him?

Stasis bubble, Biotic orbs(15% weapon damage), Shield restore(increase restore, and damage protection buff), Went full support(increased weight, lower weapon weight).

I don't get many kills, rarely break 10k points. Use an acolyte and N7 Hurricane for weapons. Teammates were well geared and skilled, which is why it worked well.

Plat run in 21 minutes. Fastest I've ever done it.

Melchiah

Gold feels like the new Platinum and Silver the new Gold... and not just because of Collectors. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but it kinda sucks for credits "farming". Gold used to be a decent challenge, but quite doable to complete the extraction. Now it just seems too hard to even bother or beat Wave 10.

The same goes for solo runs on Silver. I tried one yesterday against Geth with my Kroguard, and what was perfectly doable before had turned to impossible due to the Bombers. I'm usually not calling for nerfs, but this time I really want them to tone down the amount of Bombers (there was three on me at times), or the amount/damage of bombs they drop, or how often they drop them, or their HP. Just pick one that works the best. The upload missions are a pain in the ass with the Bombers around.

Gui_PT

The same goes for solo runs on Silver. I tried one yesterday against Geth with my Kroguard, and what was perfectly doable before had turned to impossible due to the Bombers. I'm usually not calling for nerfs, but this time I really want them to tone down the amount of Bombers (there was three on me at times), or the amount/damage of bombs they drop, or how often they drop them, or their HP. Just pick one that works the best. The upload missions are a pain in the ass with the Bombers around.

Their stun is also really annoying.

Top Bottom