• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The same goes for solo runs on Silver. I tried one yesterday against Geth with my Kroguard, and what was perfectly doable before had turned to impossible due to the Bombers. I'm usually not calling for nerfs, but this time I really want them to tone down the amount of Bombers (there was three on me at times), or the amount/damage of bombs they drop, or how often they drop them, or their HP. Just pick one that works the best. The upload missions are a pain in the ass with the Bombers around.

Their HP is kinda high. Really my only issue...

DY_nasty

Anything that mobile shouldn't have that much health. Feels like I'm fighting a flying pyro at times.

They're not abusive, its just that if you let the game get outside of what you're planning for, they can really fuck you up and it becomes REALLY hard to recover quickly once they get going on you because the health is so high.

Melchiah

Anything that mobile shouldn't have that much health. Feels like I'm fighting a flying pyro at times.

They're not abusive, its just that if you let the game get outside of what you're planning for, they can really fuck you up and it becomes REALLY hard to recover quickly once they get going on you because the health is so high.

Very true, and that's exactly what happened to me, when I went down for good on the 8th round of the solo match.

Male Quarian Engineer is fantastic. Tag, grenade/incinerate, shoot during recharge. I'm using the Saber and it's great to just sit back, tag dudes, and pummel them with all sorts of shit.

it's been my favorite class since they released it. so awesome, especially with Grenade Capacity V and endless Thermal Clip Packs :p i initially used the Carnifex, but switched to Saber too (been very lucky to get it up to VII heh, best weapon i got by far).

i use the Engineer's scan mainly to reveal all the nearby enemies, teammates seem to love it. i just spam it as much as i can, every few seconds pretty much. i've heard a few people tell me stuff like "god i love that ability, thanks man!". it's a fun to be destructive as hell, but also supportive.

edit: up for a few games tonight Melchiah? you were on fire last night :) i haven't even faced the collectors yet myself.. i'm scared

DY_nasty

Praetorians seem like they were designed specifically to fuck up farming.

If you're mobile, they aren't bad. The second you think you're set up safely they'll crash your shit.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It's funny to say, but i feel like Reapers are now the easiest faction to fight against on Gold.

I used to fear these guys with the deadly combo of Ravagers + Banshees + Brutes, but with the new classes of the other factions and Collectors, they're not as dangerous as they used to be. Plus, apparently there is the whole health/shield gate issue that i don't understand what it really means.

I still expect to see some enemy nerfs in the coming weeks. I used to beat Gold games quite "easily" without reducing myself to GGW farming, but now it's just not the same... Downgrading to Silver to have less frustrating games sucks when i want credits.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I have no idea why they patched in headshots for brutes and banshees. They didn't need it.

i use the Engineer's scan mainly to reveal all the nearby enemies, teammates seem to love it. i just spam it as much as i can, every few seconds pretty much. i've heard a few people tell me stuff like "god i love that ability, thanks man!". it's a fun to be destructive as hell, but also supportive.

Yeah. Every time I use it I can't help but feel it causes the entire team to focus fire. Great for pinning down tougher enemies and tracking phantoms. Tech buffing helps too.

What do you guys think about the Cerberus dragoon? I like the addition of an enemy that moves fast and hits hard. My only real complaint is that it can't be staggered, it feels like once it starts its attack animation your getting hit.

Melchiah

edit: up for a few games tonight Melchiah? you were on fire last night :) i haven't even faced the collectors yet myself.. i'm scared

Why not. =) I'll probably start playing at about 21:00.

I'm really loving the Geth Engineer/Pulse Rifle VII combo, when specced with more Geth weapon damage and some additional mods & gear it works really well, at least on Silver. I should have specced the Volus Adept differently, as now he can't do that much damage due to the lack of Statis and biotic explosions. The Biotic Bubbles seem an interesting power though.

EDIT: Does anyone have specific suggestions on how to spec the little guy?

I played two matches against the Collectors yesterday. One Bronze with Volus Adept on solo, as I first couldn't find other people playing against the Collectors, it didn't go well. =D And a Silver match as a team with Turian Ghost, which went far better, but they certainly are a challenging faction.

X-Frame

It's funny to say, but i feel like Reapers are now the easiest faction to fight against on Gold.

I used to fear these guys with the deadly combo of Ravagers + Banshees + Brutes, but with the new classes of the other factions and Collectors, they're not as dangerous as they used to be. Plus, apparently there is the whole health/shield gate issue that i don't understand what it really means.

I still expect to see some enemy nerfs in the coming weeks. I used to beat Gold games quite "easily" without reducing myself to GGW farming, but now it's just not the same... Downgrading to Silver to have less frustrating games sucks when i want credits.

I feel the Reapers are the easiest mostly due to being used to them. Banshee's sync kill way more often now though so if they creep up on your it's very likely you will be sync killed, which makes sense because they're pretty harmless otherwise if you keep your distance.

With the addition of Cryo and Fire explosions the Reapers also drop very quickly. Snap Freeze or Cryo on a Banshee then weapon fire and fire explosions and it'll be dead in 10 seconds.

And the way they apparently "fixed" the Vanguard charge glitch is to remove or severely lessen the health gate for all classss now. I'd personally rather be downed as a Vanguard with no bug than to survive and then be floating the rest of the match -- but not sure why they changed all classes unless they needed to all or nothing.

Bisnic

I feel the Reapers are the easiest mostly due to being used to them. Banshee's sync kill way more often now though so if they creep up on your it's very likely you will be sync killed, which makes sense because they're pretty harmless otherwise if you keep your distance.

With the addition of Cryo and Fire explosions the Reapers also drop very quickly. Snap Freeze or Cryo on a Banshee then weapon fire and fire explosions and it'll be dead in 10 seconds.

And the way they apparently "fixed" the Vanguard charge glitch is to remove or severely lessen the health gate for all classss now. I'd personally rather be downed as a Vanguard with no bug than to survive and then be floating the rest of the match -- but not sure why they changed all classes unless they needed to all or nothing.

But what does "health gate" means? They didn't reduce our health or anything as far as i know, so i have a hard time understanding what it means.

DY_nasty

What do you guys think about the Cerberus dragoon? I like the addition of an enemy that moves fast and hits hard. My only real complaint is that it can't be staggered, it feels like once it starts its attack animation your getting hit.
I think its a perfectly fine addition. It has a head too shoot, all the vulnerabilities/strengths of armor, a clear silhouette, and an attack pattern thats easy to identify.

If you're getting smacked up by a dragoon, then you probably deserve it. They're a good enemy and compliment Cerberus perfectly. The difference between them and the Geth Bombers is one has the impact of a support enemy and the other possesses the potential to have the impact of a boss if it gets going.

Mindlog

Back in my day we used to shit our pants when we heard a banshee scream.
Yup.

Since the patch Gold has been a little harder, but not by much. I've been sync killed twice. Once by a Banshee from behind and once on that Hazard Dagger map by a Praetorian to the face. I was the only one doing the disable objectives and none of the other three AWESOME players could spare a rocket to defend me.

Now I'm sort of happy I ended up with Lone Survivor on that one.

exYle

You can definitely stagger them. I haven't tested with a lot of powers, but I know multi-frags will stop them and Overload can stun them (but not in the middle of an attack)

I think its a perfectly fine addition. It has a head too shoot, all the vulnerabilities/strengths of armor, a clear silhouette, and an attack pattern thats easy to identify.

If you're getting smacked up by a dragoon, then you probably deserve it. They're a good enemy and compliment Cerberus perfectly. The difference between them and the Geth Bombers is one has the impact of a support enemy and the other possesses the potential to have the impact of a boss if it gets going.

Which one is which? Because I would argue that Dragoons are much more dangerous than Bombers.

Sometimes enemies manage to catch you focused on something else, it happens to everyone. I agree that its a good compliment, but I feel it needs a little tweaking (please notice I didn't say nerfing)

You can definitely stagger them. I haven't tested with a lot of powers, but I know multi-frags will stop them and Overload can stun them (but not in the middle of an attack).

I haven't been able to stagger then, and I've tried different attacks; I'll have to try when I play again. I'm not a fan overall of an attack animation being locked in, but that's just a preference of mine.

DY_nasty

Even as an armored enemy, they're free vs Overload. Guaranteed stagger if you have Neural Shock (something every Ghost should have IMO).

Their health isn't even all that high either. A bomber though? They've got a bigger health bar, shields, complete mobility, and their attack makes an entire area unsafe. A dragoon is hitting one or maybe two people at a time. A bomber is kicking everyone out of cover.

exYle

Even as an armored enemy, they're free vs Overload. Guaranteed stagger if you have Neural Shock (something every Ghost should have IMO).

Their health isn't even all that high either. A bomber though? They've got a bigger health bar, shields, complete mobility, and their attack makes an entire area unsafe. A dragoon is hitting one or maybe two people at a time. A bomber is kicking everyone out of cover.

Dragoons are never alone, though, and they all immediately charge you without abandon, rather than just hovering around sometimes. They're just as effective cover busters, and they're way more agile.

Tizoc

Sorry for asking this here but I used search and hadn't found the ME3 OT ^_^;
Is there a way to get Blasto 6 in MP3? Like if Bioware has provided an MP3 file of it for downloading?

Xevren

I haven't had much issues with the Dragoons, but the bombers are annoying as fuck. They're so tiny and I tend to just not see them which doesn't help things too.

Veezy

que?
So, I think I read that the most efficient way to get all the stuff is to buy just recruit packs until you unlock all the common stuff, but what do you do after you unlock all the commons? Also, what's the best way to raise your N7 Score?

Oh, I'm VeezyF on Origin if any of you good players want to school/carry me.

Omega

Banned
So, I think I read that the most efficient way to get all the stuff is to buy just recruit packs until you unlock all the common stuff, but what do you do after you unlock all the commons? Also, what's the best way to raise your N7 Score?

work on veterans until you finish all your uncommon weapons

DY_nasty

Best way to get your n7 up (which is still kinda pointless) is to play Silver matches til you hit level 12 or so then move to Gold.

Veezy

que?
Thanks all.

And this only works with weapons, right? I.E., I can't keep buying recruit packs to get my common weapon mods, correct?

Omega

Banned
yeah once you get your weapons just move on to the next tier. you can still get them in recruit packs, but not that often.

on a side note, fml. I was just trying to solo platinum, completed wave 10 then get grabbed by a banshee...

Oh damn so I played first time vs. Collectors. Gold. Managed to get to Wave 8 but felt insane...the whole team was dying all over the place in almost every wave.

Also was it just a glitch or are the sounds always super annoying during Collector fights. Didn't even hear music during Objectives, and always some annoying Collector sounds that gave me headaches.

Veezy

que?
Last question, probably...

What are the classes that pretty much suck for gold/plat, or is everything viable is you're good enough?

So I have 2 different 360's that I switch between and I have my ME3 saved to the cloud and I have never had a problem before but since the update my 2 saves wont sync up so they are now different. I tried to redownload my profile on the 360 with the older save on it but that didnt work. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix things?

exYle

Last question, probably...

What are the classes that pretty much suck for gold/plat, or is everything viable is you're good enough?

Hmm... That's hard to say. Just about all the old crappy classes were recently re-legitimized via the power buffs.

I would wager that the Drell Vanguard still sucks, and the vanilla Human Infiltrator is the worst Infiltrator.

Omega

Banned
Boware removed the health/shield gate. You take health damage immediately when your shield is depleted. People are dying much more fast. Seems less fun to play.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/343/index/14462308

thought this was common knowledge by now.

I know there are the hardcore EAware defenders that believe that they announce every balance change they do and don't make stealth changes, but this was pretty obvious.

X-Frame

That was their solution to "fixing" the Vanguard glitch. The thing is that was fixed during the patch and before the DLC came out -- it wasn't until the DLC that everyone seemed to freak out about this so where was everyone after the patch?

I'm still not 100% convinced, but it is clear that everyone is being downed a lot quicker now and it 90% of the time is from any regular trooper class enemy with automatic weapons.

Xevren

I just play on silver since my friends don't play anymore, so I really haven't noticed it at all. I just assumed randoms just keep dying because they never get better.

BSN is nothing but complaints about everything. Everything.
so its quite similar to.this forum.then? ;)

also,.bioware didnt.really.bug or glitch test very well. my.volus has locked up so many times when he cant do anything at all. no powers, revives, melee or even being able to shoot.

also, quite a few recon mines just dont appear when shot and it.still registers the cooldown..

Bisnic

Almost halfway to being a Biotic God.
gtPfh.png

Great wind!

volus adept is.amazing. between him and.the engineer they are both such good support classes. i never.seem to top the score sheet anymore but.its.a.satisfying.role.

the orbs are fantastic.for biotic explosions and boss debuffs

Is there a time frame of when the other characters suppose to show up? Sorry if it's a dumb question but what is the yellow number and the blue one that appears after your N7 rank?

exYle

Is there a time frame of when the other characters suppose to show up? Sorry if it's a dumb question but what is the yellow number and the blue one that appears after your N7 rank?

I would wager new kits would be released every week, but I've been wrong before.

The yellow number is your new Challenge Ranking. The blue number is how many times you've promoted the current class.

I would wager new kits would be released every week, but I've been wrong before.

The yellow number is your new Challenge Ranking. The blue number is how many times you've promoted the current class.
Thanks for the answers, one more question if you don't mind. How do you take off a tittle?

So would my theory on spamming packs a long time ago until all you get is ammo is now in effect since the duplication of character cards has been removed in the patch?

DY_nasty

So would my theory on spamming packs a long time ago until all you get is ammo is now in effect since the duplication of character cards has been removed in the patch?

Not really sure what you're asking. This is worded kind of weird.

Top Bottom