• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Another thing is the damn stun

A Geth hunter gets a shot on me and I'm basically dead because he'll continuously stun me with his shots til I die while I try to shoot him

And if you get downed in an area with a lot of enemies, don't even try to get up because they'll all stun the crap out of you. You have no time to react to that.

Yeah they need to look into doing something about stuns.

X-Frame

Gotta say, really loving the changes from this weeks update. So much fun with all the fire/cryo explosions. Adore playing a Paladin right now, cryo splosions all day!

He's still bugged though when he detonates something with Snap FreeE right? The blast centers on the Paladin and not the enemy fired upon? At least, that is what I keep reading.

Tsukumo

[geth bombers]

Their HP is kinda high. Really my only issue...

Acolyte X on gold takes them down in three shots. I don't know why but for some reason warp and acolyte shots seem to eat away their armor faster than incinerate or talon shots.

What do you guys think about the Cerberus dragoon? I like the addition of an enemy that moves fast and hits hard. My only real complaint is that it can't be staggered, it feels like once it starts its attack animation your getting hit.

I kinda of thought they stagger too much ^__^. They stagger with headshots, stagger with almost any type of grenade I tried, but yeah once they enter the smash/jumping smash animation they are pretty much invincible, in the same fashion as the ex-Cerberus we got as selectable characters though.

Since the patch Gold has been a little harder, but not by much. I've been sync killed twice. Once by a Banshee from behind and once on that Hazard Dagger map by a Praetorian to the face. I was the only one doing the disable objectives and none of the other three AWESOME players could spare a rocket to defend me.

I've always looked down on infiltrators (I mean the class, not the actual players) because their MO and their power set doesn't appeal to me at all, but now that I'm having fun with the turian ghost I'm starting to understand why they behave the way they do. It's like people play completely reckless because hey, infiltrator will revive me up.
The medi-gel transmitter should have worked like this: when a teammate is down you can remotely activate his medi-gels and force him to get up. THAT would be an awesome gear to have

I am happy to inform that FW/G/G still working very well for Farm Effect 3 multiplayer.

I'm on 360 and you can't find a single WGG. Some Glacier maybe, but Geth on White seems like a distant past at this point. I mean, in the lobby chat people are constantly complaining about geth and how "cheap" they are and I've seen people clear in an instant out of rooms where the enemy faction was set to Geth. I ended up maybe two times in a WGG and the entire team got ripped apart by wave 5.

did they make ultra rares less rare..?

i got one ultra rare in each of the last 3 PSPs i bought: Saber VII, Indra I (FINALLY!) and Javelin IV.

not complaining though.

you can have mine, i've only used it once. hated it.

The Typhoon is awesome with a turian Soldier. "You need covering fire? Sure!"

It's a veritable bulletstorm, just killing everything. I wish it could've gotten a different running animation, maybe like the one in the Halo games when you're carrying a turret.

X-Frame

Same connection problems this morning, what the hell? This never happens. The game seems to lose connection every 10 seconds and then skips over a few seconds. Makes sniping impossible.

The Typhoon is awesome with a turian Soldier. "You need covering fire? Sure!"

It's a veritable bulletstorm, just killing everything. I wish it could've gotten a different running animation, maybe like the one in the Halo games when you're carrying a turret.

hmm maybe i should try it again... i've barely used Turian Soldier though, maybe 2-3 times.

Same connection problems this morning, what the hell? This never happens. The game seems to lose connection every 10 seconds and then skips over a few seconds. Makes sniping impossible.
ive noticed this too. basically the sound on my reeger and my recon mine dont show up at all and everything is delayed.

krakov

Is it worth respeccing the Paladin now? i had him at all 6's but zero on incinerate....

Ive had some GREAT pubs today - 3 x Gold extractions which are not as easy as they used to be. There was an absolute tank build destroyer and two of us had volus engineers - we just kept as a team and kept debuffing bosses for him and shielding everyone. the last game we all switched to Adepts (2 x Asari, 1 x Drell, me= Volus) so much fun. Biotic Explosions everywhere and the shield boost helps everyone.

The volus are really well thought out characters, the only thing i would change is i wish the engineer had overload instead of proxy mine. No one is using proxy mines in the game ive seen and you really need a "quick fire" power to get rid of people close to you.

The prox mine is a great get rid of people close to me skill though. Just put one on the ground an everyone around you will stagger.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't even bother with putting points into Fitness for Volus. Just through on a Shield mod and try to never ever ever get shot lol

The sound is amazing, yeah.

But then you get one of those dumb teammates that kills one of them that's standing next to you.

or even worse. those fucking stupid randoms who close the door on you in that central room which flushes outthe enemy while you are all still in there. the only thing that saved me and my team was because i was smashing the shield boost button until it was over.

I've extracted a couple of times. But it was a nightmare everytime.

Straight up. I really like the Volus Adept against them, Bubble for when they cluster and detonate.

N7 Demolisher/Destroyer/Shadow are my favorites, but the Volus is defeintely going to be in that rotation now.

I have the Turian, but haven't used him yet.

I don't even bother with putting points into Fitness for Volus. Just through on a Shield mod and try to never ever ever get shot lol

Either that or Power Recharge works pretty well. Biotic God indeed.

Omega

Banned
how is one supposed to use the arc pistol?

trying to do the challenge and i've done almost no damage with this gun so I'm guessing i'm using it wrong.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
how is one supposed to use the arc pistol?

trying to do the challenge and i've done almost no damage with this gun so I'm guessing i'm using it wrong.

You either shoot it very fast with regular shots, or use slow charging ones. Not sure i can say anything else about this gun. :lol

EekTheKat

Damn, volus engineer is deadly if you know how to play the choke points on maps. Proxy mine was always one of the best Debuffs abilities and that new Recon mine is even better.

add the ability to stealth, and heal group shields and that's one remarkable support class.

Xevren

He's still bugged though when he detonates something with Snap FreeE right? The blast centers on the Paladin and not the enemy fired upon? At least, that is what I keep reading.

Detonating with Snap freeze doesn't work because of that, and energy drain still has problems. But you can do Snap Freeze then incinerate for easy cryo explosions that always work.

X-Frame

92% done with Tech Mastery to get "Mathemagician"

I have Submission Net, Tech Armor, and the Drone, Sentry/Geth Turret left. Focusong on the turret/drones because Submission Net and Tech Armor are terrible.

Xevren

Oh yeah? Sweet. I'll check it out then. What is your Batarian Sentinel Build?

I skip blade armor and max everything else, went for damage in the actives and last spec of net went for electrical field. Just go with a decent weapon and it's not so bad. Not as fun as the Batarian soldier but it's not a bad class.

Omega

Banned
You either shoot it very fast with regular shots, or use slow charging ones. Not sure i can say anything else about this gun. :lol

yeah i've tried both ways..and it seems to do nothing each time.

screw the gun then, i'll just work on the predator instead.

Sai

Yesterday I tried equipping my Kroguard with a Raider X, and it just didn't work out as well as I'd hoped... Reegar's still the guy's best friend. :/

yeah i've tried both ways..and it seems to do nothing each time.
Lag? Arc Pistol's charged shots pack quite the punch. It's like being able to freely switch between a Predator and a Paladin—with a shield damage bonus.

Give it another shot on host?

Omega

Banned
Yesterday I tried equipping my Kroguard with a Raider X, and it just didn't work out as well as I'd hoped... Reegar's still the guy's best friend. :/

Lag? Arc Pistol's charged shots pack quite the punch. It's like being able to freely switch between a Predator and a Paladin—with a shield damage bonus.

Give it another shot on host?

maybe.

there were a few times i got headshots on charged shots, then other times it wouldn't even do that much damage.

Sajjaja

Uhhh guys.... okay, I need some advice.

I have an Origin account that I use for all my PC games and what not. When I originally bought ME3 for my PS3, it just logged into an Origin account. I didn't even think about what account it was. So I tried to go onto the manifest only to find out that my ME3 isn't linked to my Origin account. After some investigating, I find out it's linked to some scrub account I made way back when in order to play the Battlefield 1943 demo (which didn't work for some reason). I don't want this. I want to use my Origin account that I have my PC games linked to.

Do you guys think EA Customer Service will help me? Or am I doomed?

Omega

Banned
i would say doomed. i tried for weeks to get those assholes to transfer my 360 profile to my main origin account and they always gave the workaround.

contact this email/number, then they tell me to contact some other email/number, then they tell me to contact the original email/number..

never understood why they removed the ability to do it ourselves.

Sai

So are we going to start getting weekly Operations instead of bi-weekly? 'cause that'd be awesome.

Do you guys think EA Customer Service will help me? Or am I doomed?
ur d00000000m3d!!!1

EA would know better. Go ask somebody about it on their Live Chat thingamajigger.

Sajjaja

Good news guys! They did it! :D

So happy. Though it did take them an hour.

EDIT: Is it worth double dipping ME3 for the PC? I can get it for $12 through Origin. Plus I'd have all 3 on PC instead of 2 on PC and 2 on PS3.

Sai

Good news guys! They did it! :D

So happy. Though it did take them an hour.
Congratulations!

EDIT: Is it worth double dipping ME3 for the PC? I can get it for $12 through Origin. Plus I'd have all 3 on PC instead of 2 on PC and 2 on PS3.
That's pretty cheap. I'd bite.

Where you getting it from? If I can, I might get it too, even though I currently don't have a PC capable of running any of 'em.

X-Frame

Mathemagician down!

I want the "Monster" banner from the Blood Pack mastery but that will take a while. I am excited to start smacking some heads with those characters those. Lots of fun.

Xevren

Finished up the Shotgun challenge. Don't think I'll be repeating that one just because of some of the lower damage ones took too damn long, bleh.

Omega

Banned
Finished up the Shotgun challenge. Don't think I'll be repeating that one just because of some of the lower damage ones took too damn long, bleh.

disciple, katana, scimitar can burn in hell.

even with a GI and shotgun amp 3 it took forever to get those 140k.

Xevren

Katana was the worst for me, didn't do the other 2.

I did:
Katana
Eviscerator
Graal
Claymore
GPS
Wraith
Crusader
Reegar
Piranha

Katana was awful, Eviscerator was pretty bad as well. I struggled a bit on the Crusader but at least it's damage was crazy high.

Top Bottom