• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Heres my Geth Trooper build im using. I sacrifce some Damage to make him a tank.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...PistolRailAmp3/CyclonicModulator4/PistolAmp5/

If i play on Glacier or Dagger i usually top the leaderboard due to narrow corridoors (Scorpion mines in corridoor - Flamer to finish them off).

I usually put explosion rounds III on these. its deadly in contained areas. Once you finished laying the mines you hit your flamer and the mines will go off in the middle of flames.

Is he really a shotgun infiltrator? I figured the Recon Mine would make him an amazing sniper.

I wouldn't say shotgun so much as 'not sniper' if only because I feel that other classes can handle that role better. If you're not blazing around the map as fast as possible like a mad ninja, then why are you a Drell?

Keep and mind I'm also cycling recon mines as fast as I can to do massive amounts of supplemental damage, using cloak to get around the long recharge on the mine. Setting it up at a chokepoint and leaving it be is a waste on the Drell, and on the Volus too in my opinion. I've run him with shotguns and and the Harrier so far, but I'm sure the Scorpion or the Hurricane (or both of those together, actually) would work quite well. I was playing platinum most recently, so the Reegar's absurd dps was good for that scenario.

If you want to snipe, I really can't think of a reason to use anything other than the Salarian, unless you're wanting to go Geth with Javelin and have amazing aim.

That's what I was thinking of using. Right now I'm very effective with full Homing Grenades but, that extra 10% movement speed is very handy.

That's how I ran him at first, but I found myself rarely using grenades. Of course with 4 points they can't prime fire explosions and they're missing the armor bonus, so I use them even less now, but I don't find myself missing them really. I'll shoot them at dragoons now and then, or around a wall at something in cover I can't pierce, but that's about it.

I started using Drells to work on the Outsider banner. Another banner that looks great, but has a stupid name. I wanted to change up my Drell Adept so I went 6/0/6/6/6. With Grenade V and Adrenaline III I was flying around the map blowing everything up. Threw in the Collector Sniper Rifle for flavor. Really fun build I hadn't used before.

I've always skipped Drell assassin 6 for 3 points in pull, but especially given the buff to drell passives, I think the weapon damage is probably a better call at this point. I usually skip adrenaline on him for more power damage, as clusters and reave stacks can actually do pretty awesome damage even when you aren't combining them together for big booms.

I love all the Drell kits, probably my favorite race in multiplayer. They take some finesse, but when played well, they sell the feeling of control of the battlefield like no other. Low shields with huge speed and great bonuses, they just read as 'elite operative' all day. By the way, anyone sleeping on Drell Vanguard should stop. With his weapon bonuses, carry capacity, grenade spam and speed, he can wreck anything so fast the rest of your team will be half way to the spawn by the time you've nuked it.

Heres my Geth Trooper build im using. I sacrifce some Damage to make him a tank.

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla...PistolRailAmp3/CyclonicModulator4/PistolAmp5/

If i play on Glacier or Dagger i usually top the leaderboard due to narrow corridoors (Scorpion mines in corridoor - Flamer to finish them off).

I usually put explosion rounds III on these. its deadly in contained areas. Once you finished laying the mines you hit your flamer and the mines will go off in the middle of flames.

Have you tried Vorcha Sentinel. I feel like he can do that basic job better when hunter mode is out of the equation, as he'll have better flamer damage and at will detonations of the burn with his cluster grenades.

but the vorcha have shitty shields right? the reason I chosebthe geth is because without hunter mode he has 1650 shields.

btw if any of u guys want to add me on xbox im "IAMBLEST"

my god played random gold with some low level scrubs. fukn collector glacier hazard. most difficult bs combo to play. we got to round 10. the pretorians slaughtered us!

Melchiah

Is Geth Pulse Rifle VII with Geth Engineer's +5% weapon damage good enough for Gold? I ask, because with Hurricane IV you need to use a Stabilization Module, instead of something more useful, and equip the weapon with a Magazine Upgrade, instead of Extended Barrel/Piercing Mod. The latter goes for the Collector Rifle as well.

Here's what I have: http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Kraft&platform=ps3

EDIT: Or what about M-13 Raptor VI with Operative Package III?

none of those. for gold..the only rare weapons id use would be a reeger, claymore, carnifex or weapons of that level. the geth plasma smgs and pulse rifles dont take off any damage.

just saw ur manifest. use ur hurricane 4 with damage and stablisation mods.

my god played random gold with some low level scrubs. fukn collector glacier hazard. most difficult bs combo to play. we got to round 10. the pretorians slaughtered us!

I never mess around with collectors on gold. Since my weapons are still middling, I typically go for biotic explosions/tech powers, and those swarms from collector captains just kick my ass all the time. Even worse on hazard glacier.

Played hazard giant last night on gold. I never realized that on gold, the rain damages you too and not just your shields. Silver seems almost too easy.

Melchiah

none of those. for gold..the only rare weapons id use would be a reeger, claymore, carnifex or weapons of that level. the geth plasma smgs and pulse rifles dont take off any damage.

just saw ur manifest. use ur hurricane 4 with damage and stablisation mods.

I don't really like using shotguns, as they are too heavy for most classes and have such a slow rate of fire, but I do have Carnifex VI. So, it's either that or Hurricane IV?

So you dont put any points into hunter mode? I just unlocked the geth trooper and I didnt put any points into flamer. I went with all weapon damage, he gets like +47% with geth weapons. I have been tearing up gold with him. It just sucks that the geth pulse rifle doesnt work well against the yellow health bars.

So you dont put any points into hunter mode? I just unlocked the geth trooper and I didnt put any points into flamer. I went with all weapon damage, he gets like +47% with geth weapons. I have been tearing up gold with him. It just sucks that the geth pulse rifle doesnt work well against the yellow health bars.
for the geth engineer and trooper I dont use hunter. the flamer is a top 3 power in the game for crowd control and priming fire explosions.

the flamer is what you want for the armour bar btw. it strips armour like no ones business.

I only use hunter for the gethfiltrator but you have to be badass to make that class due to how fragile it is.

if ur on xbox add me and we can do a gold run and compare builds.

Melchiah

hurricane is awesome but use the 70 % stability mod and incendiary ammo. a great weapon.

Yeah, it's a great weapon, but the negative side is that you have to use the stability mod instead of something else. I've recently started using it with Kroguard, as it works pretty well against insta-kill enemies, that you don't want to get intimate with.

for the geth engineer and trooper I dont use hunter. the flamer is a top 3 power in the game for crowd control and priming fire explosions.

the flamer is what you want for the armour bar btw. it strips armour like no ones business.

I only use hunter for the gethfiltrator but you have to be badass to make that class due to how fragile it is.

if ur on xbox add me and we can do a gold run and compare builds.

I am on xbxo, whats your gt? I will definitely shoot you a fr.

Yeah, it's a great weapon, but the negative side is that you have to use the stability mod instead of something else. I've recently started using it with Kroguard, as it works pretty well against insta-kill enemies, that you don't want to get intimate with.
either use a smg amp or a consumables to make up for the stability piece ur using.

I just played a Gold game with a guy who had a Javelin X!
It was Geth on Firebase Dagger. He was using a Geth Infiltrator. He spent the whole match, pretty much just one-shotting everything. He finished with just over 240, 000 points. Crazy.
I felt like I was playing a Bronze game, as I was just rushing to pick up any scraps he missed on the battlefield. lol

Is Geth Pulse Rifle VII with Geth Engineer's +5% weapon damage good enough for Gold? I ask, because with Hurricane IV you need to use a Stabilization Module, instead of something more useful, and equip the weapon with a Magazine Upgrade, instead of Extended Barrel/Piercing Mod. The latter goes for the Collector Rifle as well.

Here's what I have: http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Kraft&platform=ps3

EDIT: Or what about M-13 Raptor VI with Operative Package III?

Just to chime in with another perspective, I think the GPR is fine on a geth engineer, it works through mooks great as long as you're hitting headshots, which is easy given its rate of fire and accuracy. Use disruptor ammo for the best effect, the GPR is great at applying ammo effects, which you can then detonate with overload. The weakness of the gun is against bosses, as the gun is basically a squirt gun against armored units, even with armor piercing. It's light enough that you can carry a secondary though, so you might consider that.

If you have a hard time handling the Hurricane, give your collector smg a try. It has fantastic accuracy and stability, allowing you to use it in a similar fashion to the GPR, headshotting targets at range, with the added bonus of doing solid damage against armored targets. Just use the extended clip and stop firing before your ammo count hits 0.

Regargless of your weapon choice, run with incendiary or disruptor ammo to prime tech explosions for your overload to set off. Also consider speccing your turret into flamethrower, another way to beef up your damage against armor and set up fire explosions. The geth engineer is one of my favorite kits, easily platinum viable. I run him on platinum with the collector smg and the scorpion.

I also run the engineer without hunter mode, though I disagree with Phat Michael about the Trooper, a point on which I'll elaborate.

but the vorcha have shitty shields right? the reason I chosebthe geth is because without hunter mode he has 1650 shields.

btw if any of u guys want to add me on xbox im "IAMBLEST"

That's all true, but the Vorcha has Bloodlust to make up for it. You have to be a little more aware of big hits coming in when tanking in health, but it has alot of advantages too. Things like swarmers and ravager goo, as well as damage over time effects like banshee warps and Atlas rockets can be basically ignored. Regardless he still has shields, which can tank any one hit thanks to the shield gate mechanic. On gold at least, survivability is not much of an issue, especially since you don't really stay exposed against groups of enemies to flame them down, you just tap the flamer to set them on fire, then chuck a cluster grenade to blow them all up. It's worth a try at least, although like with any cluster grenade user, getting good at placing those grenades is key. Make sure you take extra shrapnel and and radius upgrades when speccing them out for the best effect.

The thing about the trooper is hunter mode is the only thing making him distinct from the Vorcha Sentinel, and substantially better than him at something. Without it he's doing less flamer damage without the ability to detonate his own explosions.

Similarly, someone mentioned skipping Flamer. At that point he's basically a worse Destroyer due to the lack of multi-frag crowd control. The additional mobility and the wall hack from hunter mode at least give him a slightly different niche in that instance.

In general, my goal when approaching a character is to use it in a way that takes advantage of its strengths and allows it to play differently than it's counterparts.

There aren't many truly 'bad' kits in this games, but I think I'd define the ones that are as ones that can't do anything that some other kit can't do better.

why is the flamer less powerful on the trooper vs sentinel?

what levels are ur collector smg and scorpion at? ive got mine at 2 and 8 respectively.

why is the flamer less powerful on the trooper vs sentinel?

what levels are ur collector smg and scorpion at? ive got mine at 2 and 8 respectively.

You know, I was actually mistaken in saying 'less flamer damage,' the Trooper does get a slight advantage in dps with Fortification up, assuming you put on a power amp rather than a cyclonic modulator. The difference is small though, and not enough to make up for the ability to instantly detonate the flame effect with fire explosions. In order for the Geth Trooper to be the better choice in the face of that, the damage differential should be more substantial, which requires that Hunter mode be up. Without hunter mode, the Trooper gets 40% (passive)+30% (Fortification) power damage bonus, while the Sentinel gets 35% (passive) + 20% (4 Bloodlust stacks). That's a 15% difference, which amounts to 30 dps. Adding hunter mode gives the Trooper another 32.5% bonus damage, another 65 dps, 95 overall, and it's at that point that the more one dimensional approach of the trooper actually becomes a viable choice.

This is all just my opinion of course, but trading 30 dps for instant full power fire explosions (if your cluster grenades bounce right, multiple fire explosions) seems like a worthwhile swap. Now to be fair there is a substantial difference in how the two absorb damage (geth shields vs. vorcha regen), but I think they wash out pretty evenly as tanks.

Oh and all my weapons are maxed out :D

Any good builds for a demolisher if I don't have grenade capacity or warfighter package? I really want to try her out.

I don't really feel like the approach to building her changes much, she still ends up with 5 or 6 grenades depending on how you spec her demolisher passive. I'd say try to play on a map that has a lot of spare grenades, but I'd say that anyway. Skip fitness or homing grenades at your discretion, max everything else, and go to town! You might consider a lighter weapon so you can refresh supply pylon more frequently.

Here's what I'm thinking: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/cla.../Eviscerator10AO5AP5////ShockTrooperUpgrade1/

I chose a shotgun because I have the shock trooper upgrade. I could try a lighter shotgun so I'm closer to 200% cooldown, but I think 170% is good enough.

Also, am I reading that correctly, 7 arc grenades and 6 homing grenades?

170 is totally fine, in fact I'd try for a beefier gun. You just don't want to get into the negative cooldown area. I think you're right on the grenade count, though I'd advise against taking capacity on rank 5 of arc grenades, the damage over time option lets you prime tech bursts with them.

Melchiah

Just to chime in with another perspective, I think the GPR is fine on a geth engineer, it works through mooks great as long as you're hitting headshots, which is easy given its rate of fire and accuracy. Use disruptor ammo for the best effect, the GPR is great at applying ammo effects, which you can then detonate with overload. The weakness of the gun is against bosses, as the gun is basically a squirt gun against armored units, even with armor piercing. It's light enough that you can carry a secondary though, so you might consider that.

If you have a hard time handling the Hurricane, give your collector smg a try. It has fantastic accuracy and stability, allowing you to use it in a similar fashion to the GPR, headshotting targets at range, with the added bonus of doing solid damage against armored targets. Just use the extended clip and stop firing before your ammo count hits 0.

Regargless of your weapon choice, run with incendiary or disruptor ammo to prime tech explosions for your overload to set off. Also consider speccing your turret into flamethrower, another way to beef up your damage against armor and set up fire explosions. The geth engineer is one of my favorite kits, easily platinum viable. I run him on platinum with the collector smg and the scorpion.

I also run the engineer without hunter mode, though I disagree with Phat Michael about the Trooper, a point on which I'll elaborate.

Thanks for another view. =) Geth Engineer & GPR is my favorite combo, and I was hoping it would be good enough for Gold as well. On Silver it works quite well against the bosses, when you use the turret and Overload with it. I'll have to look into the option of using a light secondary weapon. Although light weapons are usually light on damage as well.

I didn't really like Collector SMG, as it has such a little ammo, and depleting it results with being unable to shoot at all for a while. Which is why I prefer Collector Rifle over it, but it's more suitable for Krogan classes due to its weight. I've found Hurricane to be pretty easy to use with stability mods, but nearly unusable without them.

Yeah, I've specced the turret with flamethrower, and don't have any points spent on the Hunter mode either. I've always chosen power damage over weapon damage in the Networked AI ladder, and I wonder how the class would handle vice versa.

I'll try Gold this weekend with the Geth Engineer. =)

Thanks for another view. =) Geth Engineer & GPR is my favorite combo, and I was hoping it would be good enough for Gold as well. On Silver it works quite well against the bosses, when you use the turret and Overload with it. I'll have to look into the option of using a light secondary weapon. Although light weapons are usually light on damage as well.

I didn't really like Collector SMG, as it has such a little ammo, and depleting it results with being unable to shoot at all for a while. Which is why I prefer Collector Rifle over it, but it's more suitable for Krogan classes due to its weight. I've found Hurricane to be pretty easy to use with stability mods, but nearly unusable without them.

Yeah, I've specced the turret with flamethrower, and don't have any points spent on the Hunter mode either. I've always chosen power damage over weapon damage in the Networked AI ladder, and I wonder how the class would handle vice versa.

I'll try Gold this weekend with the Geth Engineer. =)

It has to have the extended clip mod for sure, and it benefits substantially from gaining levels, but it's a superb gun, fits the bill of lightweight and good damage, especially due to its 1.5x multiplier against armor.

Melchiah

It has to have the extended clip mod for sure, and it benefits substantially from gaining levels, but it's a superb gun, fits the bill of lightweight and good damage, especially due to its 1.5x multiplier against armor.

I didn't know that. Will level I Collector SMG be enough for Gold?

I didn't know that. Will level I Collector SMG be enough for Gold?

Sure, it's not near as good as a 10, in particular as a sidearm because it's much heavier at that level, but it will certainly work. Regardless, make sure to use the magazine upgrade, as well as armor piercing of some sort.

170 is totally fine, in fact I'd try for a beefier gun. You just don't want to get into the negative cooldown area. I think you're right on the grenade count, though I'd advise against taking capacity on rank 5 of arc grenades, the damage over time option lets you prime tech bursts with them.

Do you think Claymore III would work? That brings me down to 1.11%

Do you think Claymore III would work? That brings me down to 1.11%

Well any cooldown is fine, it really comes down to how often you want to spam the pylon. I have grenade gear, so I'm happy at -120% but it's purely a judgement call. Check the cooldown on your pylon with the claymore equipped and go from there, I'd say.

Just played a few gold games with the demolisher. I have to say that she's pretty boring to use when all you do is spam grenades. I mean yeah, matches go much faster when you can debuff enemies from afar, but damn, I didn't think it was going to be that simple. I'll probably not use her much in the future unless I desperately need to farm credits.

On another note, the store sucks monster dick. I really wanted to max out my uncommon gear and weapon mods so I bought a bunch of spectre packs. No gear/mod drops. I then started buying up vet packs again, only uncommon consumables. Damnit, I'll just save up for arsenal packs to get some new weapons, and be pleasantly surprised when I get gear and mods.

Just played a few gold games with the demolisher. I have to say that she's pretty boring to use when all you do is spam grenades. I mean yeah, matches go much faster when you can debuff enemies from afar, but damn, I didn't think it was going to be that simple. I'll probably not use her much in the future unless I desperately need to farm credits.

On another note, the store sucks monster dick. I really wanted to max out my uncommon gear and weapon mods so I bought a bunch of spectre packs. No gear/mod drops. I then started buying up vet packs again, only uncommon consumables. Damnit, I'll just save up for arsenal packs to get some new weapons, and be pleasantly surprised when I get gear and mods.

Broadly speaking, trying to 'plan' for any particular drop is pretty pointless. Just remember that maxing out weapons and kits shrinks the pool and improves your odds.

By the way, if anyone wants to try some gold/platinum this weekend I'd be happy to join in on Xbox.

Broadly speaking, trying to 'plan' for any particular drop is pretty pointless. Just remember that maxing out weapons and kits shrinks the pool and improves your odds.

By the way, if anyone wants to try some gold/platinum this weekend I'd be happy to join in on Xbox.

I play on Gold - IAMBLEST.

If you have a maxed manifest please rock a destroyer with a Jav X and Typhoon X. i just want to see it.

Melchiah

itll take some time for u to get used to it. Remember to use burst fire. same as collector sniper rifle. then use powers when its regenerating.

I tried the SMG once, and was constantly depleting the ammo, as I didn't pay enough attention to it in the heat of battle. I imagine that would equal to death on Gold. I haven't tried the sniper yet.

I tried the SMG once, and was constantly depleting the ammo, as I didn't pay enough attention to it in the heat of battle. I imagine that would equal to death on Gold. I haven't tried the sniper yet.
burst fire. learn to use it. dont hold the trigger down. its great as u never need an ammo box.

Melchiah

burst fire. learn to use it. dont hold the trigger down. its great as u never need an ammo box.

I use it with Hurricane and some others, but there's no need to watch out for the ammo with them. The negative side is, you need to get more ammo between every wave, and sometimes during them.

Yeah, I have most of my uncommons maxed out anyway. I'll just start buying up more expensive packs.

I'd be down to play some gold this weekend. What's your gamertag?

Top Bottom