• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

EekTheKat

*sigh*

I predict a EDI and Geth Juggernaut nerf in the next 1-2 weeks. Going to play with them now as theyre both such fun characters. But i know after Bioware nerfs a weapon/character they both become pretty useless...

The people on the Bioware forums complain non stop about how things are "too powerful" - then get mad when bioware nerfs them as they read those fukn forums. They should just shut up and let us all play and stop boasting that as soon as someone can solo platinum with a new kit that its "OP" - it could just be player skill?

The nerfs which killed weapons for me have been the Typhoon, Krysae and Acolyte

I'm okay with nerfing EDI's revive so long as if they do not nerf her offense. She might need a buff in regen/defense on repair matrix to compensate however, since she's designed for close range combat. She needs to be able to take a few hits to survive at least.

edit - either that, or make people choose between (duration, regen, and defense) OR (revive) as talents. 6a/6b maybe.

The nerfs which killed weapons for me have been the Typhoon, Krysae and Acolyte

I've kind of weighed in on the issue of balance in general already, so I won't reiterate the points I've already made (short version, balance=diversity, if everyone is using the same kit, that's bad). However, I must say, the acolyte wasn't nerfed. It was simply reverted to its original state, and remains one of the best weapons in the game. Also they nerfed the Ghost and he's still at top 5 kit easily. So they don't always overdo it.

I tried the venom shotgun on the Juggernaut, and it's a pretty nice fit for him. A bit heavy to use if you want to spam siege pulse, at least at level 1, but it does a pretty good job of nuking stuff that crowds around your feet trying desperately to damage you.

I still like the lancer, but objectively, it's kind of outclassed by the CSMG, at least while I have the latter maxed out and the former at level 3. I look forward to comparing again when I have both at 10.

I'm curious to see where things fall balance wise, and I'm starting to think that yeah, the Juggernaut might be the real 'problem' character, he's freaking everywhere. Simply not dying is ultimately more powerful than any number of revives, and in particular, immunity to sync kills is a huge deal for a character that can run his shields up to 8000 strong, with 40% damage reduction to go with them, and of course a heavy melee that incapacitates humanoids and heals him.

My biggest worry about him being 'too' popular is that despite his strength and survivability, he does kind of slow down matches, in particular on larger maps.

The Venom is interesting, took some getting used too but I like it. Pretty light for a shotty even at level one.

I'm running some geth gold games on 360 is anyone is interested, gamertag EclipsedSorrow

btw in every gold game I played since I got the AIU, ive finished top of the leaderboard with around 150k points in each game. I love this character. one shot death machine.

So teammates can shoot/destroy the shield? I need to try a different build. What do people use as a gun? I was thinking about the typhoon, he's too slow to go to a low ammo count gun

If you have a scorpion you can shoot in through the gap at the bottom of the hex shield, and when it explodes it will still hurt whoever is in the blast radius. The only problem with it is the limited ammo, but as long as you only use it to strip shields/barriers and melee kill everything else, it should last all wave. I used the solo platinum build that someone posted, and I got way more points with it. The biggest thing is setting up the turret somewhere that is doesnt die right away, but can still keep your shields up.

Woorloog

Banned
What's the best pack to get some respec cards? I really need to respec my krogan Warlord and my new Phoenix Adept.

They're uncommon, no? I reckon Jumbo Equipment Pack would give them, assuming you don't have max of 3 already.
I don't ever use my respec cards, i just promote a character and level up it again... Of course i've yet to find a class/character i'd like enough to stick with level 20.

You get 3 uncommon from a spectre pack.
You get 1 uncommon from a veteran pack but it may be another rarer item.

best bet is to go for the spectre packs if you got the cash. Otherwise go for veteran.

Toa TAK

Banned
I've just been spending credits on the Reserves Pack, still hoping for the Collector.

And I really hope they don't nerf anything anymore. The AIU was (surprisingly) so much fun to use, it's the reason why I've stayed in the ME3 multiplayer after so long.

Woorloog

Banned
Do Reserves pack have as high chance for ultra-rares as PSP? Or is it better to buy PSPs if you want to get the Collector Adept?

Do Reserves pack have as high chance for ultra-rares as PSP? Or is it better to buy PSPs if you want to get the Collector Adept?

I've found that the Reserve pack is the best way to get ultra-rare anything.

Those have given me more UR weapons than the same amount of Arsenal packs, many times I've gotten 2 in one pack.

I've found that the Reserve pack is the best way to get ultra-rare anything.

Those have given me more UR weapons than the same amount of Arsenal packs, many times I've gotten 2 in one pack.

Ive read this too - i guess ill try it tonight because ive been getting arsenal packs and all im getting are the new gold weapons in each one.

X-Frame

PUG's have been terrible today, at least on Xbox and on Platinum. So many people with no business being on Platinum are flooding the lobbies.

btw in every gold game I played since I got the AIU, ive finished top of the leaderboard with around 150k points in each game. I love this character. one shot death machine.

how do you user her? I mainly use the claymore but I dont do so much damage with her, care to give me some advices?

Chocobro

how do you user her? I mainly use the claymore but I dont do so much damage with her, care to give me some advices?

Slap on a SG rail amp, shock trooper gear, warp or AP rounds, and adrenaline module if you want.

Cloak -> Snap Freeze -> shoot Claymore -> repeat
Sometimes I do this: Cloak -> SF -> shoot -> reload cancel -> shoot -> repeat
Keep Repair Matrix on at all times (make trips to ammo boxes when you can).

I still get first place by a decent to large margin in Gold with the AIU rolling with only the shock trooper gear.

How did you spec her?

Slap on a SG rail amp, shock trooper gear, warp or AP rounds, and adrenaline module if you want.

I still get first place by a decent to large margin in Gold with the AIU rolling with only the shock trooper gear.

How did you spec her?

So you dont use gernade capacity 5? On gold I run out of repair matrix way quicker then I can refill it if other people in the game are also using grenades.

Melchiah

How did you spec her?

The Snap Freeze is essential? I specced her without it, and seemed to work fine on Silver.

Chocobro

The Snap Freeze is essential? I specced her without it, and seemed to work fine on Silver.

I haven't tried a Snap Freeze-less AIU on Gold, I may try it to see how it goes. The thing is I have yet to be in a situation where I wished I had full Fitness instead, so I rather have SF for debuffing and lining up shots.

its very important for the 8s debuff.

as the guy above said: cloak, snap freeze and instant claymore blast. it can take half the armour off an atlas or brute with one shot.

use shotgun amp v and shotgun rail amp 3 with armour piercing iv. on the gun use smart choke and 25% damage.

this one shots nemesis,phantoms, any single infantry unit.

I played platinum with a bunch of fukn scrubs. I was alone at the end of every round. I finally died at the beginning of round 8 with 170k points the next guy had 45k...

if you have a collector rifle 1 then dont play platinum.

EekTheKat

Okay EDI just got a hell of a lot more interesting - the charged shot / cloak / melee (auto fire) mechanic works with her. It functions similar to the N7 Shadow Shadowstrike with a charged weapon.

To be fair, it probably works with every infiltrator, but she has that super fast melee uppercut which makes it really, really interesting to play with.

Thanks to the RNG giving me a bunch of Venom Shotguns for working that bit out - which is also a very interesting weapon. It seems to behave like a low arcing Acolyte in some form.

PUG's have been terrible today, at least on Xbox and on Platinum. So many people with no business being on Platinum are flooding the lobbies.

agreed. had one great game with 2 high level juggernauts. the rest were just utter shit who had no right being on gold, let alone platinum.

Chocobro

So you dont use gernade capacity 5? On gold I run out of repair matrix way quicker then I can refill it if other people in the game are also using grenades.

I don't at the moment, I always have at least 1 to use. I just happen to make trips to the ammo boxes when I run from spawn to spawn. However I do see the problem with having only +2 instead of +5 when playing with other grenade users especially on those stingy grenade maps.

Melchiah

I haven't tried a Snap Freeze-less AIU on Gold, I may try it to see how it goes. The thing is I have yet to be in a situation where I wished I had full Fitness instead, so I rather have SF for debuffing and lining up shots.
I specced mine without the snap freeze. I play her on gold, and haven't had any problems. Though I think I'll respec her in the future to include snap freeze for the debuffing.

I might try Gold tonight, if I get to max her specs, and if that setup doesn't work well I might try the Snap Freeze route.

I'm somewhat unsure about how to equip her; Shock Trooper for shotgun damage and Repair Matrix supply, or Thermal Clip Storage for more Reegar ammo?

its very important for the 8s debuff.

as the guy above said: cloak, snap freeze and instant claymore blast. it can take half the armour off an atlas or brute with one shot.

use shotgun amp v and shotgun rail amp 3 with armour piercing iv. on the gun use smart choke and 25% damage.

this one shots nemesis,phantoms, any single infantry unit.

I played platinum with a bunch of fukn scrubs. I was alone at the end of every round. I finally died at the beginning of round 8 with 170k points the next guy had 45k...

if you have a collector rifle 1 then dont play platinum.

I played a plat match 2 days ago with pubs, and 1 guy had a Katana X, and another guy voted to kick him and kept berating him over the headset. It was really funny to listen to.

You didn't do anything?

No me and the other guy were just cracking up. It was funny that someone would get fired up over that, and the guy did change his gun and we started the match. We wound up extracting and everyone did well.

Edit: I will try using the shock trooper with AIU tonight. With a Regar VIII I can already take a gold atlus down in no time at all, but maybe the extra damage will help. Sucks I only have a claymore ii, that things didnt do anything when I tried it.

Toa TAK

Banned
No me and the other guy were just cracking up. It was funny that someone would get fired up over that, and the guy did change his gun and we started the match. We wound up extracting and everyone did well.

I'm glad it had a happy ending, at least.

What's people's AIU build for Platinum? Just curious, as I just promoted it yesterday.

exYle

I'm glad it had a happy ending, at least.

What's people's AIU build for Platinum? Just curious, as I just promoted it yesterday.

I don't have her yet, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess 6/6/6/6/0, with full weapon damage for Cloak and Passive, full debuff and range for Freeze, and full damage protection for Matrix.

Edit: I will try using the shock trooper with AIU tonight. With a Regar VIII I can already take a gold atlus down in no time at all, but maybe the extra damage will help. Sucks I only have a claymore ii, that things didnt do anything when I tried it.

get your claymore to X. its only a gold so you can do it quickly. the claymore is so powerful at x. one shot with cloak and debuff with snap freeze takes out most things but you have to fire the shot instantly to get the cloak buff.

Sai

Yeah, seems like the Reserve Packs trick the RNG or something due to the UR characters. First one I purchased after downloading the Reckoning DLC gave me 2 UR weapon drops as well.

If I knew about that before, with all the PSPs I've gotten over the last month, I could have had my UR weapons maxed out by now. XD

Any 360 players here want to do some Platinum runs with me? Gamertag's in my profile.

get your claymore to X. its only a gold so you can do it quickly. the claymore is so powerful at x. one shot with cloak and debuff with snap freeze takes out most things but you have to fire the shot instantly to get the cloak buff.

Thanks, I will switch to arsenal packs now. Sadly my weapons are way behind my characters so it will take me a long to time max the claymore out.

exYle

I'm not sure how comfortable I am taking the Collector to Gold, but he's a lot of fun on Silver. Dark Sphere is excellent, it's like a recharging grenade.

Yeah, seems like the Reserve Packs trick the RNG or something due to the UR characters. First one I purchased after downloading the Reckoning DLC gave me 2 UR weapon drops as well.

If I knew about that before, with all the PSPs I've gotten over the last month, I could have had my UR weapons maxed out by now. XD

Any 360 players here want to do some Platinum runs with me? Gamertag's in my profile.

IAMBLEST.

not sure if my head set is charged but add me if u like.

Sill4

I just cannot be consistent with the Collector. Sometimes I'm on top of the board, sometimes I'm way at the bottom.

He just goes down so easy, like if an assault trooper farts across the map, my collector goes down :(

I find it depends on the map AND if I am playing with people that compliment my biotics. The collectors powers have a SLOOOOWWWWW ass recharge that leaves me open for two long, and it's very dangerous to keep moving with my teammates, due to my low health.

The game refuses to give me a Collector SMG, so I've been experimenting with Acolyte, Collector rifle(lol), Carnifex, Hurricane, Locust, and now the Eagle, which seems to work best.

Anybody here who "gets" the Collector care to share tips? I do the Spirit Bomb>DChannel>Detonate Spirit Bomb> mop up with swarms, and it works until I need to recharge, and then I get surrounded and destroyed like a 6ft cockroach.

I also do the DChannel>Swarm combo on smaller enemies, which works great with an Acolyte, til I run out of swarms and get exterminated while waiting for recharge!

I really like the Collector, I just need to be more consistent.

Top Bottom