• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Any of you guys played the SP DLC? I know there's a thread for that but I'd rather read opinions from people who generally stick to the MP side of ME3...

I have all the DLC. But I have a problem.

Sai

Why has the multiplayer team still not given the AR High-Velocity Barrel the 25% damage + AP like the others? The additional 0.25m piercing over the standard AP mod doesn't make up for the additional weight at all.

I know you can stack it with the standard AP mod, but you could use some of the higher level AP/Drill ammo consumables instead, and still have an additional mod slot available for somethin' else.

EekTheKat

weekend UR drop update :

Venom shotgun V - and I'm totally okay with it. The gun gets a bad rap but it's really, really fun to use once you grasp the mechanics.

Still need a lancer though. that sounds like the ideal weapon I'd throw on my Volus Engineer.

My own Infiltrator rankings so far, purely based on scoring : YMMV.

1. Drell Infiltrator
2. Salarian Infiltrator
3a. AIU
3b. Geth Infiltrator.

Haven't played a ghost in a while, so might dust that off and give it a try. I suspect my TGI will be similar to my AIU though.

Salarian Infiltrator is simply the most versatile kit to take vs. any faction on any difficulty. Drell has tremendous DPS that's hard to match on the other kits.

Stantron

Been having fun with THIS Volus adept melee build. Max out melee + batarian gauntlet. Only three into shield boost which is enough to keep his small shields up. Orbs set for max recharge speed, last rank is preference. I use the Paladin, but the Carnifex works well too. Stasis, then head shot non-armored mooks or melee them if close and safe. Been working really well on Cerberus Gold pugs.

Oh, and I finally got my Hurricane X. :)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ok... i'm not sure if i ended up in either a glitched game or a hacked one, but the Cerberus spawns were fucking ridiculous! There could be up to 20 Cerberus guys stuck in one single spot! I mean, look at this shit :

svubd9v.jpg

And that's just on my screen, there was more hidden behind me or somewhere else. I'm surprised we even managed to beat that on Gold, everyone had between 250K and 320K points since there was enemies everywhere! First time i ever saw my FPS go down below 60. :lol

Toa TAK

Banned
That's my worst nightmare in multi.

And I'm a little slow on the updates, but when in the hell did they add the Dragoons?! These guys are ridiculous.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
That's my worst nightmare in multi.

And I'm a little slow on the updates, but when in the hell did they add the Dragoons?! These guys are ridiculous.

Now imagine 15 of them slashing at your face at the same time. Oh god, that game was a nightmare.

Toa TAK

Banned
Now imagine 15 of them slashing at your face at the same time. Oh god, that game was a nightmare.

I'm amazed you guys were sill able to extract. I would've sat in a corner and cried if that happened to me.

But then again, the only enemy I play against are the Collectors. I don't know how to fight anyone else.

I'm amazed you guys were sill able to extract. I would've sat in a corner and cried if that happened to me.

But then again, the only enemy I play against are the Collectors. I don't know how to fight anyone else.

But they are by far the hardest. Play the reapers, they are the easiest.

Toa TAK

Banned
But they are by far the hardest. Play the reapers, they are the easiest.

Ha. I remember when the Geth used to be the easiest!
=,(

But no! I cannot. Banshees scare the bejeezus out of me, and I'm trying to go for the Collector Mastery banner. Which is taking forever to get.

exYle

back in my day you used to shit your pants when you heard a banshee scream

Admittedly I'm still a little nervous.
I dunno how anyone can say they think Reapers are the easiest. Two Banshees warping around several times a wave is still quite nerve-wracking for me.

Try 1 TGI and one AIU.
It's a pretty good combination.
what gun do you use on your AIU? I tried Claymore and Raider, but it was on gold. Haven't tried her on platinum yet
Admittedly I'm still a little nervous.
I dunno how anyone can say they think Reapers are the easiest. Two Banshees warping around several times a wave is still quite nerve-wracking for me.
Juggernaut! Neutralizes Banshees like no other. I haven't been sync killed by a banshee since the new dlc dropped and I had one on my team (a phantom or two has still got me).

I prefer playing geth over anything else, just because I love my geth engineer so much and overload just wrecks their shit. Tech bursts alllllll day.

exYle

Juggernaut! Neutralizes Banshees like no other. I haven't been sync killed by a banshee since the new dlc dropped and I had one on my team (a phantom or two has still got me).

I prefer playing geth over anything else, just because I love my geth engineer so much and overload just wrecks their shit. Tech bursts alllllll day.

I played a R/G game recently on Hazard Giant - the only Reckoning character was me - a Collector (I still can't figure this guy out on Gold. Any tips, guys?) We got wrecked. It sucked.

Of course, that may have something to do with the fact that two people didn't want to use their fucking medi-gels

Cerberus are the easiest for me. On Plat i guess it doesnt matter though. we managed to clear gold collector with no deaths with the AIU

Yeah, Cerberus is my favorite faction to fight. It may have something to do with the fact that their deadliest unit, the Phantom, is both one of the most challenging bosses but at the same time quickest boss to kill (which is very satisfying).

Collectors would be my second favorite faction (popping a Collector head feels so good), but Praetorians ruin my day. I can deal with Scions, but those floating bastards are just so mean.

Melchiah

The Geth used to be my favorite enemy faction, as they have none of that synch-kill crap, but the addition of Bombers has made even them annoying. Especially as the Kroguard can't always charge into them, which leads to unnecessary deaths.

I love going against a group of phantoms with the AIU. 2 shots max and theyre dust but damn they are hard to hit with the claymore. if you miss it aint fun....

Melchiah

I love going against a group of phantoms with the AIU. 2 shots max and theyre dust but damn they are hard to hit with the claymore. if you miss it aint fun....

That's why I go with Reegar, and it's lighter as well. One clip is enough for Phantoms on Silver, and my Reegar is only at level III.

That's why I go with Reegar, and it's lighter as well. One clip is enough for Phantoms on Silver, and my Reegar is only at level III.

playing gold and platinum here. the reeger is ok but the claymore is a one shot killing machine.

it also is much faster to kill them and the AIU has to be extremely agile and mobile in order to be effective.

the reeger is good with the volus engineer on gold.

Toa TAK

Banned
playing gold and platinum here. the reeger is ok but the claymore is a one shot killing machine.

it also is much faster to kill them and the AIU has to be extremely agile and mobile in order to be effective.

I have both the Reeger and the Claymore, but when you use the shotguns, is it when you're using camo and have that upgraded with the shotgun power at 6?

Phat Michael signs on just as Blue Ninja and I sign off—convenient. :p

Good games, Blue, Tsukumo. And sorry again... I get a lil' greedy with that Ghost/Saber combo. ;D

[EDIT] - Blew all those credits and I didn't get a single UR! >:[

Good games, yeah, and it's okay, somebody needed to take me and my Ghost/Harrier combo back down to earth. :p The build works extremely well on Silver, but on Gold he gets destroyed in an instant.

I unlocked a lot of new (well, for me) characters that I just have no idea how to play. The Batarian Slasher, for instance. I get the feeling that I understand the class, but that it's just not all that good. I'll usually just Warp enemies and then Lash them, or Lash them and lock on for a Communist Fist to the Face.

The one I really don't get is the Cerberus Adept. It took me way too long to unlock him, and now that I actually have him, I'm severely underwhelmed. I thought Lashing and then Smashing would be a viable strategy, but Smash apparently doesn't even set off biotic detonations, which I'm kinda miffed about.

The Vorcha Engineer is pretty badass. I just skipped putting points into Incinerate and went with a Submission Net/Melee combo. I'm having some trouble dealing with bosses, though, so maybe I'll put some remaining points into Incinerate after all.

Haven't tried the Volus Mercenary yet, but his powers seem kinda redundant. Decoy and Combat Drone? I mean, after playing with the Volus Engineer, it just seems kinda underwhelming.

I have both the Reeger and the Claymore, but when you use the shotguns, is it when you're using camo and have that upgraded with the shotgun power at 6?

thats right. cloak. snap freeze. instant shot. claymore with 25% damage and smart choke. shot gun amp v and shotgun rail amp III. then use drill or AP rounds. 4 shots to kill an atlas from full on gold. phantoms, nemesis and dragoons in one shot.

dont spec cloak for duration. go max damage.

That's one of the main reasons I use the Piranha instead of the Claymore; I now chase after those bitch-ass Phantoms, put 6 shells into them, then finish them off with a roundhouse kick to the face.

I slapped a Hurricane on my EDI. :(

I tried a shotgun, but it just didn't feel right. Too heavy (I don't have a lot of shotguns unlocked, at least not on the higher levels).

I slapped a Hurricane on my EDI. :(

I tried a shotgun, but it just didn't feel right. Too heavy (I don't have a lot of shotguns unlocked, at least not on the higher levels).

she gets bonuses from shotguns. I wouldn't roll her any other way. she is not a beginner character, very high risk high reward like all the infiltrators really.

she gets bonuses from shotguns. I wouldn't roll her any other way. she is not a beginner character, very high risk high reward like all the infiltrators really.

Specced her for powers and melee damage, not shotguns. I'll roll in, snap freeze everything and then mop up with my Hurricane.

Toa TAK

Banned
thats right. cloak. snap freeze. instant shot. claymore with 25% damage and smart choke. shot gun amp v and shotgun rail amp III. then use drill or AP rounds. 4 shots to kill an atlas from full on gold. phantoms, nemesis and dragoons in one shot.

dont spec cloak for duration. go max damage.

Got it. I'm going to have to try this out soon.

on what level are you playing? the piranha does very little damage since the nerf.

Gold/Platinum.

I have it at X; Shock Trooper 4; Shotgun Rail 2 or 3; AP, Cryo, or Drill 2/3. Everything goes down fast. Brute/Prime/Atlas/Scion goes down in ~12 shots depending on distance/area hit; Banshees in ~18 shots. Even with lvl 1 ammo and amp things go down easily.

I much prefer it to the Claymore (which is also at X). The Piranha has more rounds, is lighter, faster, more accurate, and can use the Cloak-to-shorten-reload -- which I couldn't do with the Claymore as its weight slows the cooldown to where it's longer than the reload animation.

X-Frame

Specced her for powers and melee damage, not shotguns. I'll roll in, snap freeze everything and then mop up with my Hurricane.

Why would you spec her for power damage? She doesn't have a power that does any substantial damage, so you're reducing her high potential for weapon damage for a tiny bit extra in Snap Freeze damage? Cloak and Repair Matrix don't receive bonuses from power damage.

Melee damage could be fun though, her heavy melee is amazing and fast. I just don't see why you'd spec her out of maximizing shotgun weapon damage, she is made for close-quarters shotgun carnage.

Just my .02 though, if your way works then that's cool too.

Why would you spec her for power damage? She doesn't have a power that does any substantial damage, so you're reducing her high potential for weapon damage for a tiny bit extra in Snap Freeze damage? Cloak and Repair Matrix don't receive bonuses from power damage.

Melee damage could be fun though, her heavy melee is amazing and fast. I just don't see why you'd spec her out of maximizing shotgun weapon damage, she is made for close-quarters shotgun carnage.

Just my .02 though, if your way works then that's cool too.

Works fine for me. I already have four shotgun infiltrators, I want to mix things up a little.

Just realized I have a curious amount of credits...

Hmnt84Vl.jpg

Melchiah

I'm about to try AIU on Gold when I get her specs maxed. I'm not sure whether Reegar III is enough for Gold though, and I really don't want to use Claymore due to the weight, and the needed precision in aiming.

Mindlog

Infiltrators don't really mind weight. It only really comes into play when using cloak for objectives. Reegar III should work fine if you want to use that. Any shotgun really.

Played 3 Gold games this morning. One with AIU/Reegar/Adren III/Grenade V. That was fun. Then the old Drell Adept with Power Amp on a Collector SMG. Also fun and crazy strong.

Lancer IX!

I had to squeeze in one more Gold game. Wanted to test if at IX I really needed Magazine Upgrade. Used AP mod and EB on a Krogan Soldier. Worked great! I could spam Carnage and avoid overheating easily. Breezed through Giant/Geth.

You Have Lost Your Connection On Extraction, GET!

They were good games!

Now I'm addicted to gold. So many credits...

yeah man theres no reason for you to play silver again. you held your own on gold. just upgrade ypur gold weapons and keep playing with decent players and u will be able to keep getting better.

get that claymore to x and youll double your scores.

Top Bottom