• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

Mindlog

Grabbed my Collector and took the Executioner to finish off that part of the banner.

U/R/G and I'm joining a game in progress. Crap, oh well.
I die as soon as I spawn? Use a medi-gel and fly off the ledge on Rio.
Someone else joins the game, Juggernaut.
I kill everything on my side of the map and another Juggernaut joins.
I find the host... Juggernaut.

3 Juggernauts and 1 Collector Adept on Rio. Naturally I have to do all hacks and pizza deliveries.

Crusader VIII. Neat.
Open a Reserve Pack. Lancer VII! Nice!

The Lancer is pretty good, and I only have it at level 1, not quite harrier levels of good, but pretty good. And that sound... man brings me back.

Sai

That Lancer's going straight to my Human Soldier the moment I unlock it. I was happy to see that the weight was comparable to the Avenger.

Does Adrenaline Rush reset the cooldown?

X-Frame

Can someone tell me which mods work on the Collector Sniper Rifle and what don't? For example, do the penetration mods work?

The one gun i really wanted was the Lancer. I now have every gun BUT the Lancer. Its like the game does this on purpose :(

Got all the gold weapons, gear, mods and characters maxed. Kinda sad getting nothing but cryo ammo again

Woorloog

Banned
Can someone tell me which mods work on the Collector Sniper Rifle and what don't? For example, do the penetration mods work?

Spare Clips doesn't work, all others should do, though the scope mod is pointless unless you really need to see through smoke.
The same applies to the Particle Rifle.

Sill4

Spare Clips doesn't work, all others should do, though the scope mod is pointless unless you really need to see through smoke.

I believe the spare clip gives you more charge, from 100 to 180. (edit) Talking about PPR, no idea about Collector sniper.

So why is the Lancer so desirable? I've been out of the game for months, does it have a chainsaw on it?

I believe the spare clip gives you more charge, from 100 to 180. (edit) Talking about PPR, no idea about Collector sniper.

So why is the Lancer so desirable? I've been out of the game for months, does it have a chainsaw on it?

The sniper mod is spare ammo, not extended clip, which is why it doesn't work. The Lancer is a new, cool gun, and no, it's not the one from Gears of War. It's basically a double Avenger with recharging ammo.

Woorloog

Banned
Lancer was the first assault rifle in Mass Effect 1. Love the throwback to ME1... still need to get the weapon.

EDIT omg. Looking at my avatar.. it is from Destiny concept art, a Vex-robot (or Fex?). Looks kinda like a Collector, no?

Mindlog

Does Adrenaline Rush reset the cooldown?
Don't know. Haven't tried that combination. Also, haven't run out of ammo with it yet!
Some people use the scope mod to offset the native zoom.

Favorite piece of gear to use with EDI: Geth Scanner.

Sill4

The sniper mod is spare ammo, not extended clip, which is why it doesn't work. The Lancer is a new, cool gun, and no, it's not the one from Gears of War. It's basically a double Avenger with recharging ammo.

Ok I do remember the Lancer now from ME1, awesome they threw it in.

Also, I'm pretty sure my friend and I got matched with you the other night. You're on 360, right?

Lancer was the first assault rifle in Mass Effect 1. Love the throwback to ME1... still need to get the weapon.

EDIT omg. Looking at my avatar.. it is from Destiny concept art, a Vex-robot (or Fex?). Looks kinda like a Collector, no?
Reminds me of a Super Battle Droid from Star Wars mixed with a Queen Alien

Krogan Vanguard
Batarian Heavy Melee Gauntlet
N7 Crusader Shotgun, High Caliber Barrel, Smart Choke

Is stupid fun. Biotic Charge, Punch, Pick of targets in distance with the Crusader Rinse and Repeat.

So ever since installing Reckoning, sometimes my games will start to become a slideshow or even completely freeze my system and it almost always happens at the 10th or 11th round. Has this happened to anyone else? I play on PS3 and it reminds me of when they first released Resurgence and games became so slow that they were basically unplayable. Some guy got on the mic when it happened just now and was talking about how it's some glitch and as the host I would have to drop out and I've searched this topic and BSN for some answers or at least know it's been happening to other people but to no avail.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Krogan Vanguard
Batarian Heavy Melee Gauntlet
N7 Crusader Shotgun, High Caliber Barrel, Smart Choke

Is stupid fun. Biotic Charge, Punch, Pick of targets in distance with the Crusader Rinse and Repeat.

Choke has no effect on the Crusader.

X-Frame

It feels good taking so much damage after two hits on most of the boss characters. But not in platinum lol you will get synced kill

I took my Warlord to a Platinum game yesterday and pretty much just went after the Geth and waited until Banshee's were in warp-throwing mode and I only got sync-killed once from a Phantom that came out of no where! They're harder to see when they're are as tall as your Warlord's kneecaps, haha.

He does insane damage but its just safer to bring a class with high DPS weapon damage to Platinum.

Sai

Phat Michael signs on just as Blue Ninja and I sign off—convenient. :p

Good games, Blue, Tsukumo. And sorry again... I get a lil' greedy with that Ghost/Saber combo. ;D

[EDIT] - Blew all those credits and I didn't get a single UR! >:[

deafmedal

Anyone on Xbox interested in doing/learning some Glacier/Giant speed runs? I need 18 more unlocks to re-max my manifest and it's the quickest way :)
Hit me up if interested, GT same as name.

Good games, Blue, Tsukumo. And sorry again... I get a lil' greedy with that Ghost/Saber combo. ;D

damn didnt even see u?!!

topping leaderboards left right and centre with EDI. its midnight here and I have work tomorrow so gotta bounce im afraid!

Sill4

i now "get' the Collector. I have been wrecking with him big time.

I can't outscore a competent AIU or other top tier kit, but the Collector is no joke. All about situational awareness and remaining unseen, I love it.

Also, I chose Hurricane for him, and it's amazing to mop up after Spirit Bomb detonations

X-Frame

I think my favorite kit now is the Awakened Collector.

With my Collector SMG VIII & Warp Ammo IV and constantly having Dark Sphere's & Dark Channel's DoT going on the map I do very well, not to mention the x10% multiplicative weapon bonus he gets for using Collector/Prothean weapons.

I don't use Ascension Stance though because I feel in it's current state it is absolutely not worth the -40% DR penalty. I hope they buff it somehow, they should at least double the damage & recharge speed bonuses to make it worthwhile. He seems squishier than he should be already even with DR from Swarms & high barriers.

This is a Platinum game I just got out of now, hanging back and just picking off anything that was green or blue from my biotics. Not bad and a lot of fun! A different playstyle than usual and I like it.

6kE5R1bl.jpg

Been running 2 juggernauts and 2 TGI on platinum, its easy mode. I switched to Geth Inf. and it went slighty faster but not by much. Spent another 900k, only Collector card URs. ugh

Tsukumo

You were doing revives left and right. I'd say you are one of the best teammates I've ever had :). Ronabo is another great player, plays very aggressively. We should have a go on Plat.
Any of you guys played the SP DLC? I know there's a thread for that but I'd rather read opinions from people who generally stick to the MP side of ME3...

I think my favorite kit now is the Awakened Collector.

LOL at that friend request on the bottom screen.
X-frame I thought you were on Ps3. GT?

Leviathan is interesting and Omega is terrible. Bam.

yeah, I've played those. Omega was...less meaty and epic than I expected.
But anyway, I meant the Citadel DLC.

Toa TAK

Banned
You were doing revives left and right. I'd say you are one of the best teammates I've ever had :). Ronabo is another great player, plays very aggressively. We should have a go on Plat.
Any of you guys played the SP DLC? I know there's a thread for that but I'd rather read opinions from people who generally stick to the MP side of ME3...

Leviathan is interesting and Omega is terrible. Bam.

Woorloog

Banned
Got a fucking Valiant II. Would've liked Eagle or Hurricane, hell, anything but Valiant as i have it already and i don't use snipers.

Sai

We should have a go on Plat.
Man, I wanted to do a bunch of Platinum rounds today. But Din was scared of Gold/watchin' his baby girl, and Blue was running low on consumables. XD

I'm going to be getting Citadel, if that's what you meant.

I purchased Omega, but still haven't played it since I knew another, final DLC was coming for single player; decided to hold off on progressing with another career until they were both out, and I had ME: Infiltrator finished up for the additional War Assets(really wish they made that Datapad app available for Android). Leviathan didn't quite meet my expectations, and I've been hearing that Omega isn't all that; but I still have high hopes for Citadel—final DLC, all the voice actors coming back, Sam Hulick composing... I just hope they don't leave out the weapons and mods that are currently exclusive to multiplayer:
  • M-7 Lancer
  • M-11 Suppressor
  • Collector Sniper
  • Collector SMG
    • Assault Rifle Thermal Scope
    • Assault Rifle Lightweight Materials
    • Shotgun Lightweight Materials
    • Sniper Rifle High-Velocity Barrel
    • Sniper Lightweight Materials
    • Pistol Power Magnifier
    • SMG Power Magnifier
Not counting the Geth Spitfire, since it's a heavy weapon in single player... Didn't miss anything, did I? That's 11 items—they've had 7 weapons/mods(2/5 respectively) with the last two single player DLC, so that'd be four more than the norm if they threw them all in... If they have to stick with 2 weapons, I wouldn't be so torn up about missing out on the Collector SMG & Sniper. :p

Would be nice if they made a bunch of the new powers they've added to multiplayer available as bonus powers for Shepard too. But that'd probably be asking for too much. Adept Shepard with Annihilation Field would be beast though.

Top Bottom