• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer |OT| Rich, deep online role playing

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Anyone who goes for the extraction point with 20 seconds or less: Fuck. You.

I had to go and revive 2 people outside the extraction point earlier today when they thought it was a great idea to come back when there was only 15 seconds left.

Sitting the extraction point and waiting for a horde to mob on you is a bad strategy imo.

I've always felt it was best to hold two positions just outside of the extraction point then fall back as pressure builds. That way you don't end up with 3 brutes and 2 banshees in your face with a minute left to go.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sitting the extraction point and waiting for a horde to mob on you is a bad strategy imo.

I've always felt it was best to hold two positions just outside of the extraction point then fall back as pressure builds. That way you don't end up with 3 brutes and 2 banshees in your face with a minute left to go.

Yup, you should never push. Holding choke points is best option before you get banshee butt fucked in a corner.

Completely agree. If nothing else, you at least need to stay away from the extraction point to keep enemy spawns as far from it as possible.

Kyoufu

It's the best strategy I can think of when I'm playing. Mainly because nothing will penetrate the power of Nova. :p (except Reapers but who plays against Reapers? :p)

Some moron tried to kick me when I was hosting a Gold Geth run. Why the fuck would you kick the unstoppable Vanguard?!

On a side note, Infiltrators are the best medics EVER.

Bazza

i brought the mass effect comics for the dark horse android program before ME3 was released to get me up to speed on mass effect and got an email with a redeemable code for multiplayer, quite a nice unexpected gift.

"This code is good for access to Reinforcement Packs for use in the four-player cooperative multiplayer campaign in Mass Effect 3 on PC or Xbox 360. These packs will include powerful character boosters and the devastatingly lethal Collector Assault Rifle. With deadly efficiency, this special weapon uses the same principles as a human assault rifle, but its organic components set it apart."

i brought the mass effect comics for the dark horse android program before ME3 was released to get me up to speed on mass effect and got an email with a redeemable code for multiplayer, quite a nice unexpected gift.

"This code is good for access to Reinforcement Packs for use in the four-player cooperative multiplayer campaign in Mass Effect 3 on PC or Xbox 360. These packs will include powerful character boosters and the devastatingly lethal Collector Assault Rifle. With deadly efficiency, this special weapon uses the same principles as a human assault rifle, but its organic components set it apart."

You should ebay that, would almost pay for the game.

Cheech

You know how much of an addict I am? I just bought this comic in hopes of getting this code, despite the fact I have no idea whether or not I'd get one.

rozay

Banned

I sold that code for $45 on ebay a week before the game came out! The gun doesn't seem to be that great either, really heavy.

The worst scenario is when you have to hack something on the Tuchanka map (Giant?). The area is either near the extraction point and surrounded by rocks or it's on the higher level and surrounded by terminals. Get a Banshee and a Brute there and it's gg.

Kyoufu

The worst scenario is when you have to hack something on the Tuchanka map (Giant?). The area is either near the extraction point and surrounded by rocks or it's on the higher level and surrounded by terminals. Get a Banshee and a Brute there and it's gg.

Saving rockets for those moments is generally a good idea.

Cat Party

What are the best human classes? I think I'm gonna try play some multi today. I play Adept in SP cause warp detonations allows more interesting gameplay than shooters or techs.

All the human classes are decent. And if you level up the human, once you unlock another race in that class, they start out at the same level. If you already play adept, may as well try that in multi, too.

The human vanguard has a particular combo of using charge plus nova (if you upgrade them correctly) to become basically an unstopppable killing machine, so a lot of people use that. It works amazingly well in bronze but is much dicier in silver.

Kyoufu

Which race for Infiltrator do you guys prefer? I don't have Salarian unlocked so I'm playing Quarian. Is that a better choice than Human? Sabotage doesn't seem that useful even against Geth because teammates kill everything anyway.

milkham

Which race for Infiltrator do you guys prefer? I don't have Salarian unlocked so I'm playing Quarian. Is that a better choice than Human? Sabotage doesn't seem that useful even against Geth because teammates kill everything anyway.

Yeah I mostly use sabotage in a panicked moment because usually anything I've hacked gets killed pretty quickly. I did one time have a Geth Prime kill another Geth Prime on gold

Orca

Yeah, you're a Vanguard player all right. :p

Sectus

Just wondering, has anyone managed to do a solo gold or silver run with a lvl 1 character? lol That would be amusing.

I'll be amazed if anyone has been able to beat any solo silver run even with a lvl20 character.

For the heck of it, I've tried bronze solo a couple of times and I can't even beat that.

Oh I agree, but this was on bronze, and it was with 15 or so seconds left, and they weren't moving.

Sectus - Salarian infiltrator can do gold vs Cerberus with some luck.

Potentially stupid question, but I need to know - will promoting a class reset what I've unlocked as well? I'm talking the additional races and the colors/pattern/lights/skin colors?

I'll be amazed if anyone has been able to beat any solo silver run even with a lvl20 character.

For the heck of it, I've tried bronze solo a couple of times and I can't even beat that.

I've solo'd Bronze on my Salarian Infiltrator

Energy Drain and Decoy made it a breeze

Can't imagine Gold though, let alone with a level 1

Orca

Gold was soloed in beta by a couple players with an Infiltrator. I've beaten Geth solo on Silver with Engineer and Infiltrator, but it took too long to be worth doing to farm.

Potentially stupid question, but I need to know - will promoting a class reset what I've unlocked as well? I'm talking the additional races and the colors/pattern/lights/skin colors?

I know it doesn't re-lock unlocked characters, but I never bothered to check if it closed off appearance. I doubt it does.

I know it doesn't re-lock unlocked characters, but I never bothered to check if it closed off appearance. I doubt it does.
Awesome, thanks. This was a primary reason I didn't want to promote and was holding back.

IT will be fun to go through again. I hope the appearance unlocks stay with the promote as well.

Orca

Silver level Phantoms are kicking my ass when I'm using the Human Engineer class.

GAF HELP!!!!

Stick with an Asari Adept! If one's not available, retreat to another corner of the map and wipe out other enemies. When the Phantoms are the last threat they're pretty manageable. Just back away shooting and using Overload on them whenever it's up.

I don't understand Decoy. Does it do no damage? Isn't the drone better?

Enemies will completely ignore you so long as they didn't see you setting it up. It's amazing when there's Hunters or Phantoms on the board, letting you deal with them without risk.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't understand Decoy. Does it do no damage? Isn't the drone better?
Decoy is like a wall for all Geth and most other enemy types. The only time it really breaks is against Banshees.

Silver level Phantoms are kicking my ass when I'm using the Human Engineer class.

GAF HELP!!!!
Overload as much as you can and just stay back. You are the barrier-stripper at that point.

rozay

Banned
How much range does the explosion from your heavy weapons cover for 1 hit kills? I'm wondering if I should just aim at the ground to take out banshees because I'm tired of missing and wasting them.

Mindlog

How much range does the explosion from your heavy weapons cover for 1 hit kills? I'm wondering if I should just aim at the ground to take out banshees because I'm tired of missing and wasting them.
It's pretty wide. About the size of a standard room if that makes sense. You should definitely aim at the ground.

That said: Lately about 1/3 of my cobras have been phantom launches. It's fucking aggravating. I have modified my cobra usage to two basic rules. If I am guaranteed a killstreak around downed allies. Two or more major enemies next to an objective. When I launch a cobra it's a last ditch attempt to solve a problem. Misfires are magnified in those situations.

This is what I do I'd rather hit the one Banshee and not get the other then whiff and hit nothing.

It's pretty wide. About the size of a standard room if that makes sense. You should definitely aim at the ground.

That said: Lately about 1/3 of my cobras have been phantom launches. It's fucking aggravating. I have modified my cobra usage to two basic rules. If I am guaranteed a killstreak around downed allies. Two or more major enemies next to an objective. When I launch a cobra it's a last ditch attempt to solve a problem. Misfires are magnified in those situations.

Are you talking about the bug where the missile disappears if you get staggered as you fire? Yeah that fucking sucks. Give me the missile you took from me Bioware :/

It's almost as irritating as using a medi-gel pack or a survival pack and it doesn't work, but still uses it up.

i-Lo

Ola h00mins, I wanted to ask about the store aspect of the MP. I am a touch confused as to how it works. I had the equipped self revival that made me aware that it was available for one mission. I thought it meant once for every single mission. So how do I reload those features which are now at "Zero".

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm guessing, since it keeps saying 'SPECIAL'.
With the equipment pack, there was a timer though... so who knows? Either way, I'm using it to get rid of all the silver crap.

Ola h00mins, I wanted to ask about the store aspect of the MP. I am a touch confused as to how it works. I had the equipped self revival that made me aware that it was available for one mission. I thought it meant once for every single mission. So how do I reload those features which are now at "Zero".
You buy packs and get more. They're one time use items, which is why people don't really bother using them.

Samara

I wanted a Drell Adept so bad and I got one in my recruit pack!---he's horrible. I really don't like it. What's up with the grenades? He's twirling way too much---just not for me.

Quarians on the hand...wow just freaking awesome. Freeze or Burn. Couple that with a vanguard and all you hear is broken glass. lol bosh' tet

I just wanted to add that making the geth have flamethrowers is annoying as hell even on bronze. I hate them, I freaking hate them. without an inflitrator you are DEAD

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I wanted a Drell Adept so bad and I got one in my recruit pack!---he's horrible. I really don't like it. What's up with the grenades? He's twirling way too much---just not for me.

Quarians on the hand...wow just freaking awesome. Freeze or Burn. Couple that with a vanguard and all you hear is broken glass. lol bosh' tet

I just wanted to add that making the geth have flamethrowers is annoying as hell even on bronze. I hate them, I freaking hate them. without an inflitrator you are DEAD

Cluster grenades are godly.

i-Lo

With the equipment pack, there was a timer though... so who knows? Either way, I'm using it to get rid of all the silver crap.

You buy packs and get more. They're one time use items, which is why people don't really bother using them.

Gracias, Merci, Danke, Thanks

Top Bottom