• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Omega |OT| Fuck with Aria [Out now]

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
yeah, something broke in my system. I couldn't make through this trailer. Somehow it looks pathetic instead of epic but may be it just me.

Lime

Looks like everybody got their wish:

unavngivet10oy4.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
But if Aria is banged then who is left to bang?

PK Gaming

haha great OT

looking forward to playing this. omega was the best planet in mass effect history (imo) and aria is fucking awesome.

hopefully bioware doesn't fuck this up.

Did Aria tell Shepard in the main game it was Cerberus who evicted her from Omega? I can't remember.

Anyway, Cerberus being the occupying force is just more stupid from the stupid factory of BioWare, par for the course of ME3: "Hey guise! This is it! The Reaper invasion! The game starts with Earth being invaded by the REAPERS! ... Let's have Shepard spend the whole game fighting Cerberus! We'll shoe-horn in an explanation why they have a bigger military than the Alliance!"

Arjen

I love that during the reaper invasion Cerberus had the time to make a giant Cerberus logo for Afterlife.
This trailer put me off even more honestly.

Did Aria tell Shepard in the main game it was Cerberus who evicted her from Omega? I can't remember.

Anyway, Cerberus being the occupying force is just more stupid from the stupid factory of BioWare, par for the course of ME3: "Hey guise! This is it! The Reaper invasion! The game starts with Earth being invaded by the REAPERS! ... Let's have Shepard spend the whole game fighting Cerberus! We'll shoe-horn in an explanation why they have a bigger military than the Alliance!"

There's a comic book miniseries that came out before the game detailing how Cerberus pushed Aria from Omega. It makes sense because they wanted to get through Omega 4 and collect the remains of the Collector base.

Also they have a big military because
the Illusive man had been luring war refuges to safe havens and then augmenting them with Reaper tech by the hundreds, there's a videolog explaining how an average Joe can perform even better than an Alliance soldier when infused, it's not really shoehorned as it's a running theme through the game's plot.

I love that during the reaper invasion Cerberus had the time to make a giant Cerberus logo for Afterlife.
This trailer put me off even more honestly.
They were installed before the invasion began.

subversus

Just rewatched E3'09 ME2 trailer. Yes, this FELT epic. ME series is dead no matter what engine powers the next game. It's dead because of bad writing, subpar voice acting and plot.

Arjen

There's a comic book miniseries that came out before the game detailing how Cerberus pushed Aria from Omega. It makes sense because they wanted to get through Omega 4 and collect the remains of the Collector base.

the Illusive man had been luring war refuges to safe havens and then augmenting them with Reaper tech by the hundreds, there's a videolog explaining how an average Joe can perform even better than an Alliance soldier when infused, it's not really shoehorned as it's a running theme through the game's plot.

They were installed before the invasion began.

Oh, did that happen in the comics?

Jake Shepard destroyed that shit. There's nothing there to collect. Oh, you mean BioWare makes it so that choice at the end of ME2 doesn't matter?
That's the shoehorn I referred to. The running theme of the game's plot is ignoring everything that came before, from plot to player choices, so I guess you're right on that one.

If Mass Effect was missing one cliche it was the "Russian, Naval badguy who plays chess". I wonder if he'll stare out the window while giving his evil monologue too?

Oh, did that happen in the comics?

Yeah, Aria made a deal with Cerberus letting them use Omega while conducting operations beyond Omega 4, eventually the illusive man betrayed her and took control of Omega. this happened after ME2 so technically Cerberus might have been in control of Omega for up to six moths time. In the gameplay commentary one of the producers said that the idea is that Cerberus has established themselves in Omega permanently and the station is pretty much theirs.

Jake Shepard destroyed that shit. There's nothing there to collect. Oh, you mean BioWare makes it so that choice at the end of ME2 doesn't matter?
That's the shoehorn I referred to. The running theme of the game's plot is ignoring everything that came before, from plot to player choices, so I guess you're right on that one.
There are remains of the base, The Shadow Broker comments on it as far as ME2 and depending on your choice the Illusive man has the entire human-reaper larva or just it's main engine.

it doesn't ignore anything, the Illusive an was obsessed with controlling the Reapers since the beginning, and he went too far. It's possible it was the Reapers' plan all along since his eyes come from getting in contact with a Reaper device and the VI in Thessia mentions there's always a faction during the war obsessed with controlling them every cycle.

DTKT

The voice acting from Aria is really weird. It's like it was addednpost prod.

Big ol heh trailer. Does nothing for me.

Lime

Don't forget ghetto animation.

Unless Bioware re-invents their animation techniques and engine, next-generation is going to be very rough for them if you look at how full-motion capturing is setting the bar at the moment. E.g.

iHPSqU839KOvt.gif

If they want to meet the standard of animation next generation, they would have to trim their scope down from large RPGs sprawling with characters to linear, small-scale games, I think. Such as Uncharted.

Far out that is an awesome trailer. Getting this ASAP.

Been a while since ive done single player though - gonna take some getting used to.

Are all the new patches such as fire explosions/balances/nerfing weapons applicable to the single player campaign?

Arjen

Yeah, Aria made a deal with Cerberus letting them use Omega while conducting operations beyond Omega 4, eventually the illusive man betrayed her and took control of Omega. this happened after ME2 so technically Cerberus might have been in control of Omega for up to six moths time. In the gameplay commentary one of the producers said that the idea is that Cerberus has established themselves in Omega permanently and the station is pretty much theirs.

Ah alright, then it makes some sense. I stopped reading the comics after the godawfull evolution.

Just rewatched E3'09 ME2 trailer. Yes, this FELT epic. ME series is dead no matter what engine powers the next game. It's dead because of bad writing, subpar voice acting and plot.

I actually think it will do well due to great gameplay, story, multiplayer, good sales and a fantastic universe they created.

I still love the Me3 haters still raging due to the ending. The game is fantastic and the large multiplayer base confirms there is loyalty to the franchise.

subversus

I actually think it will do well due to great gameplay, story, multiplayer, good sales and a fantastic universe they created.

I still love the Me3 haters still raging due to the ending. The game is fantastic and the large multiplayer base confirms there is loyalty to the franchise.

large multiplayer base confirms that multiplayer is surprisingly good, that is all.

The ending was the last reason I hated ME3. There were plenty more. Execution and game design are bad.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The way they chose to end the game pretty much made it impossible to give a shit about any further story DLC. Pretty fucking huge oversight.

Why?
Because Shepard dies?
The rest of the universe managed to survive and continue on living and repairing what was lost/damaged.

Jarmel

Banned
I wish to god the base game had been delayed half a year or possibly a full year to have stuff like this added in.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Why?
Because Shepard dies?
The rest of the universe managed to survive and continue on living and repairing what was lost/damaged.

Because it is all pretty much required to take place during the story rather than post story and the ending destroys any desire to revisit the main story.

You know all endings are shitty so who cares if you save Omega?

ME2 used the Shadowbroker as a bridge between the two games, that is far more interesting and it works perfectly fine with the ending of the game.

That trailer was so corny. Its like BioWare had the one awesome ME2 launch trailer and now tries to shove in huge sweeping operatic music into everything.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is there a hub in this DLC? My favorite part of Omega in 2 was the hub...

It has some kind of hub yes, though it's not available post-DLC.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I'll just watch the sex scene on Youtube, with some rule 34 tabs open.

Tacitus_

You know all endings are shitty so who cares if you save Omega?

This might be an original concept, but some people play games because they like the way they play!
ME3 had the best gameplay out of the three and would've been the best (imo) if not for the lackluster start and the horrid ending.

Top Bottom