• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3: Omega |OT| Fuck with Aria [Out now]

- J - D -

Never really dug Aria with anywhere near the fervor of a large contingent of ME fans. Her backstory involving the Krogan assassin is interesting, but her character isn't, necessarily. And she sounds detached most of the time. Works for some, but like you I think she just sounds bored, which could be largely attributed to Moss.

Never really dug Aria with anywhere near the fervor of a large contingent of ME fans. Her backstory involving the Krogan assassin is interesting, but her character isn't, necessarily. And she sounds detached most of the time. Works for some, but like you I think she just sounds bored, which could be largely attributed to Moss.

I thought she had this reserved arrogance about her. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93LgkoQmPxA&feature=relmfu So seductive like a serpent.

hlhbk

So is this the last story related DLC for ME3? Waiting to go through my 3rd playthrough until all the story DLC is out.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So is this the last story related DLC for ME3? Waiting to go through my 3rd playthrough until all the story DLC is out.

No, there's at least one more DLC pack to come.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Any idea of what it might be about?

Reference files leaked with Leviathan that pointed to Omega also specified a DLC revolving around the Citadel. BioWare has been asked about it but all they're saying is "no comment".

Based on twitter and forum posts, the next DLC has practically the entire core Edmonton writing team (~8 writers) working on it in some capacity, and Joker at the very least is confirmed to have dialogue.

That's it.

Reference files leaked with Leviathan that pointed to Omega also specified a DLC revolving around the Citadel. BioWare has been asked about it but all they're saying is "no comment".

Based on twitter and forum posts, the next DLC has practically the entire core Edmonton writing team (~8 writers) working on it in some capacity, and Joker at the very least is confirmed to have dialogue.

That's it.
Will make up for Joker's complete lack of dialogue in Arrival and the random introduction of the SR2 computer voice.

Jarmel

Banned

That's it.

Watch it fix the ending and it costs $20. I would laugh so hard.

malfcn

3 achievements / trophy for this DLC, by the way.

Pr39Y.gif

Don't remember if that was from something?

About the DLCs, these take place during the ME3 playthrough, right? So if I haven't played ME3 yet, is it best to play it after all the DLCs come out so that way I won't miss anything?

I don't like how you can beat the game (bad ending and all) and then there's DLCs to play even though the story is concluded. I usually like DLCs to be a continuation of the story.

Patryn

About the DLCs, these take place during the ME3 playthrough, right? So if I haven't played ME3 yet, is it best to play it after all the DLCs come out so that way I won't miss anything?

I don't like how you can beat the game (bad ending and all) and then there's DLCs to play even though the story is concluded. I usually like DLCs to be a continuation of the story.

Yes, all the story DLCs take place during the game.

RedSwirl

But seriously, I think I'm gonna wait until I hear that this is actually worth $15 (as in, is way better than Leviathan).

hlhbk

I am still waiting on the Shepard on trial that was referenced in the arrival ME2 dlc and at the beginning of ME3 to be released as DLC. I am pretty certain it was cut.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Thanks, having that many writers chipping in sounds like it could be a good sized DLC. :)

It could also expand the possibility of it being a craptastic fest, sigh.

Ah whatever, no matter how shitty it is I am going to get it regardless; I am just a sucker for Mass Effect universe, sigh (although not crazy enough to buy their novels, hahaha)

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
just watched some parts of fan's ending mod. It's pretty neat! However the trip there is not worth it. If the base game was better I would try.

That's it.
Wow, that sounds pretty substantial. Not mention the fact that it can't be cheap to bring Seth Green back in to the recording studio.

Woorloog

Banned
Impressively bad voice acting in the trailer.
And even more impressively BioWare has YET AGAIN butchered another trailer with TSFH music. Good music but so overused, especially in trailers. And even more so, always an unsuitable track.
Re-affirms my decision to get either really cheap MSP or get this from sale.

Impressively bad voice acting in the trailer.
And even more impressively BioWare has YET AGAIN butchered another trailer with TSFH music. Good music but so overused, especially in trailers. And even more so, always an unsuitable track.
Re-affirms my decision to get either really cheap MSP or get this from sale.

Because of the trailer music? Opinions and all but....man.

Ajacx

Banned
Three hours in. Lots of Aria. Omega is the same. Lots of Cerberus. Think I still have an hour to go at least. Engaging, but not quite Shadow Broker though. Tired. Will finish it tomorrow.

X-Frame

Can someone post what Aria and the female Turian's skillset powers are? I'm curious.

And do any of them unlock for Shepard as a bonus power after completing the story?

Lakitu

st5fu
Yeah, I read some impressions on BSN. Not too positive. Kind of regret buying it now and it's not even finished downloading.

Patryn

Yeah, I read some impressions on BSN. Not too positive. Kind of regret buying it now and it's not even finished downloading.

My impression of BSN is that it's really the home of the two extreme poles, even moreso than on GAF. So it's either Bioware can do no wrong ever, or everything Bioware has pretty much ever done has been total shit.

I could be wrong, though.

My impression of BSN is that it's really the home of the two extreme poles, even moreso than on GAF. So it's either Bioware can do no wrong ever, or everything Bioware has pretty much ever done has been total shit.

I could be wrong, though.

There's some legitimately reasonable people reviewing it right now, all of them are saying is good but they expected way more. In terms of fun it seems ok, it adds two new enemies and powers, story seems that while good it's extremely peripheral and only worthy if you care about Omega/Aria which many won't, me included.

I mean, I liked Aria (Carrie-Ann Moss' voice is beautiful) but I was expecting more than just "Go to omega to kill more Cerberus" to justify a whole DLC, as it stands now it seems kind of a let off.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I suppose it must add a new slide to the ending as well, right?

Or did Aria/Omega already make the new ending? I can't remember.

eot

Banned
Wasn't most of the ME2 DLC 7.50$?
You'd expect them to step up the quality or amount of content quite a lot when they're doubling the price.

Top Bottom