• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

bigace33

What the hell are Bioware points?
They work just like 360 spacebucks. You add a certain amount of real money and in return you get those bioware fakebucks. I think it's like $10 for 800 points or something like that. They have them as low as $5.

sp3000

Why does Shepard talk without you ordering him to do so in Mass Effect 3?

In ME2 and ME1, every time shepard opened his mouth it was in response to a dialog option that you chose. Now he blurts out stuff in cutscenes with no choice offered. It's really annoying.

Something tells me that I am really going to regret not finishing ME2 before playing this. When I go to GS tomorrow I am gonna get ME2 as well. I only got 1/2 way through it when I owned it before so I still have lots of stuff I haven't done yet. The idea of carrying stuff over for the sequel has really gotten me thinking I should do it this way to have played the trilogy to completion.

Dany

Banned
Why does Shepard talk without you ordering him to do so in Mass Effect 3?

In ME2 and ME1, every time shepard opened his mouth it was in response to a dialog option that you chose. Now he blurts out stuff in cutscenes with no choice offered. It's really annoying.

Shepard speaking on his own is going to take awhile to get used to but if its reasonable, as in where I can decide I guess its fine

Xamdou

$2 I think

not that bad

but the principle of microtransactions when there's already an online pass, day 1 dlc for $10, and more is sickening to me.

I get the From ashes DLC for free since I got the C.E for $65 after tax from origin. $2 for that spectre gear is cheap, so I am not complaining.

Grisby

Just gonna leave this here. Its from the Polycount Forums Quick, tell Kotaku!
Please don't
scene1.png
Oh man, I want this.

sp3000

The neutral option has been removed from almost every dialog choice. What's up with that. It's only paragon and renegade options now.

Shepard speaking on his own is going to take awhile to get used to but if its reasonable, as in where I can decide I guess its fine

You can't decide where, he literally just goes through entire conversations without you having a choice in the matter. Sometimes you are lucky to have one dialog prompt.

~Kinggi~

Banned
The neutral option has been removed from almost every dialog choice. What's up with that. It's only paragon and renegade options now.

I noticed in videos it looked liek they significantly downgraded the amount of choices available. Unfortunate. Will wait on reviews though.

I don't think this is really a thing to get up in arms about. Those packs are all obtainable in game, fairly easily.

Besides, after legions of pre-order and day 1 DLC, I'm shocked you thought they were above this.

Yeah, it's just gonna suck seeing people with every race and X Weapons within the first week.

jackdoe

So you have to be an asshole or a sickeningly slavish paragon? I don't know how to feel if that's the case for the whole game. Maybe it's better than having the neutral option being a jackass joker type (Dragon Age 2).

Goddamn working tomorrow is going to be fucking brutal...even though I'm only working a half day.

Will be F5ing to see if it arrives at my doorstep all day XD

hlhbk

FYI to anyone that has used the VPN item to unlock your game, I did it to mine and it was working, but now it is locked again. It appears they are going through and locking the game back down for people who shouldn't have it. I was already kinda nervous about doing it, and now that it has been locked back down I am just gonna wait.

bigace33

I hope everyone enjoy the game tonight. I have my copy already preloaded but most likely won't get to play it until Wednesday at the earliest. Still gotta finish ME2 and every single bit of dlc. I really hope it's worth me putting off playing ME3 tonight. :*(

rozay

Banned

You can't decide where, he literally just goes through entire conversations without you having a choice in the matter. Sometimes you are lucky to have one dialog prompt.

something something removing excess dialog right guys? cool.

Yeah, it's just gonna suck seeing people with every race and X Weapons within the first week.

You're probably going to see that anyway as people marathon it. Besides, it's co-op, better for you if some other dude dropped all his money to get the best stuff.

What is this "Online Pass" i have listed in my entitlements fro ME3? Is it just something that playing the ME3 multiplayer demo added?

Battlefield 3 pass maybe?

Pollux

This actually really, REALLY, pisses me off.

mileS

I tried searching but can anyone tell me / point me in the right direction for solid info on what benefits you get from a max level character save from ME2? like how much of a level or skill point difference or even credits? Thanks in advance. Sorry its a big thread and google didn't help me :(

rozay

Banned
I tried searching but can anyone tell me / point me in the right direction for solid info on what benefits you get from a max level character save from ME2? like how much of a level or skill point difference or even credits? Thanks in advance. Sorry its a big thread and google didn't help me :(

59 points at the start of the game. It takes 21 to level a skill fully.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx

You start at Level 30. You keep all your abilities from ME2. I got 29 additional points to spend, but I don't know if that's the same for every Level 30 character or if it's based on something else. I kept my same class, so I don't know how abilities are affected if you change classes.

sp3000

I noticed in videos it looked liek they significantly downgraded the amount of choices available. Unfortunate. Will wait on reviews though.

Yeah, the choices have been heavily decreased in comparison to Mass Effect 1 or 2. Most conversations run through with no dialog options at all or one dialogue option at the the very end that either between paragon or renegade. The Investigate option also seems to be totally removed.

Looks like Bioware wanted to design the game around the action mode.

The conversations on the Normandy play like cutscenes rather than RPG dialogues, for example back and forth banter that you have no say in what Shepard says.
It's kind of strange hearing a Paragon shepard say predefined lines that come off sounding like a renegade, aka uncaring and dismissive.

Yeah, the choices have been heavily decreased in comparison to Mass Effect 1 or 2. Most conversations run through with no dialog options at all or one dialogue option at the the very end that either between paragon or renegade. The Investigate option also seems to be totally removed.

I really don't like hearing this as the dialog options were some of my favorite aspects of ME 1&2.

Demon Ice

Banned
For those that have the game unlocked and running (minor convo spoiler):

Someone absolutely needs to take a screencap of Shep's reaction to EDI's joke about cycling the Normandy's oxygen. I almost fell out of my chair laughing

hlhbk

FYI to anyone that has used the VPN item to unlock your game, I did it to mine and it was working, but now it is locked again. It appears they are going through and locking the game back down for people who shouldn't have it. I was already kinda nervous about doing it, and now that it has been locked back down I am just gonna wait.

Man this really sucks. I can't believe they did such a dickish thing but relocking the game when they said on their twitter you wouldn't be banned for it, and didn't stop the thread in their forums about it....

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I went to Best Buy to ask if they had any PS3 CEs left over for tomorrow since I didn't feel like waiting to Saturday from Amazon. As I was talking to the guy at the counter my phone buzzed with an email saying that my order shipped early and will be arriving tomorrow. Woohoo!

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx

The early game gives a bad impression. Now that I'm free to do what I want, the Investigate option has appeared numerous times, especially on the Normandy. I think their intention was to remove the Investigate option in instances where it wouldn't make sense to stand around and ask questions.

That's just my two cents.

I think they set it up so that early on there is less branching dialogue and less investigate because the circumstances just don't call for it.

As we get deeper into the game the dialogue and investigate shows up.

The conversations on the Normandy play like cutscenes rather than RPG dialogues, for example back and forth banter that you have no say in what Shepard says.
It's kind of strange hearing a Paragon shepard say predefined lines that come off sounding like a renegade, aka uncaring and dismissive.

What the hell is going on, there are people saying there are just as much dialogue options as ME1 and 2. Are you SURE you're playing in RPG mode? How far are you into the game? I've seen the investigate option in plenty of videos so far.

Solo

Yeah, I think its time to bow out of this thread for good. Getting the game tomorrow, but I need to finish Dark Souls first, which will take some time, and I won't get to Mass Effect for a good week or two. And this thread is already getting loose with the spoilers.

Adieu, ME-GAF! See you in another life!

Ugh I can't bother finishing ME2 over again on harder difficulty to have everyone survive. I got to the collector base ship and just lost interest playing. I want ME3 now.
I just downloaded a save online that had those choices and will transfer to my 360.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
For those that have the game unlocked and running (minor convo spoiler):

Someone absolutely needs to take a screencap of Shep's reaction to EDI's joke about cycling the Normandy's oxygen. I almost fell out of my chair laughing

It was even better than her "bowing down" joke to Joker in ME2. Shepard's face was golden. I was nearly crying. I went back and took a picture, but it would be best if someone with a default Shepard posts it.

What the hell is going on, there are people saying there are just as much dialogue options as ME1 and 2. Are you SURE you're playing in RPG mode? How far are you into the game? I've seen the investigate option in plenty of videos so far.

There are slightly less options than the past games, but based on what I've played, some people are blowing it out of proportion. It gets better as the game goes on.

Pollux

The early game gives a bad impression. Now that I'm free to do what I want, the Investigate option has appeared numerous times, especially on the Normandy. I think their intention was to remove the Investigate option in instances where it wouldn't make sense to stand around and ask questions.

That's just my two cents.

IF that's the case...then I'm fine with this.

So it's the same as it always was except in "cinematic exciting" circumstances? Like when Reapers are tearing shit up on Earth?

Top Bottom