• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Fjordson

Sure thing. They also did this with Crysis, it seems for all of EA's faults, good digital releases (BUY VIA AMAZON though as it tends to be cheaper) of their soundtracks are not one of them.

I suspect as much, but I really don't want to get track title spoilered on something major.
Yeah, good point. Some descriptive titles here.

And after all this time, I didn't even realize ME 1's soundtrack was on Amazon :lol that's awesome.

So I've decided to do my Mass Genocide import first.

Old Man Obama will save the galaxy!

Yes.
We.
Can.

(also: ashley. We can do that, too)

Xamdou

Mind blown.

So on top of changing your appearance and class, you can equip any weapon you want within weight limits specific to each class and start off with a lvl 30 character with all previous decisions and skill points from the prequels intact!

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Goddammit Valve. The day I start playing Mass Effect 3 is the day they let me into the Dota 2 beta. Mass Effect 3 easily wins that dilemma, but talk about a low blow.

Yeah, good point. Some descriptive titles here.

And after all this time, I didn't even realize ME 1's soundtrack was on Amazon :lol that's awesome.

Yeah, Amazon seems to get better prices and more releases regarding VG music (I know RE5 was insanely cheaper than on Itunes).

Oh do people know how long I can play until the DLC "content/mission" would be available (ie how long can I be cheap and hold off getting From Ashes)?

GorillaJu

You can equip any weaopon, you can have all weapons. The thing is that each weapon has weight. The weight doesn't make you slow but makes cooldown take longer. So the more weapons means longer cool downs on powers. Less weapons is faster cool downs.

I also believe the rate of cooldown is also dependent on class, such that a soldiers with all weapons has a shorter cooldown than an adept with every weapon.

Wow, this is great. It's like AD&D where mages can wear armor or whatever, they just sacrifice some spell casting abilities to do so.

I'm going to go full on commando infiltrator - grenades, stealth and shotguns. Fuck that sniper rifle bullshit. I want to be the red head FemShep version of this:

FLQxJ.jpg

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Yeah, Amazon seems to get better prices and more releases regarding VG music (I know RE5 was insanely cheaper than on Itunes).

Oh do people know how long I can play until the DLC "content/mission" would be available (ie how long can I be cheap and hold off getting From Ashes)?

It's available super early. (very light spoilers)
You can do it once you leave the Citadel for the first time.
It's a nice mission by the way. Definitely not Lair of the Shadow Broker good, but you do get a cool character out of it. I'll also say that the DLC is very lore important, but seemingly not main story important. I'm too early in to tell.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is the "From Ashes" DLC part of the C.E? If yes, should I play it first prior to starting my play through?

I'd imagine it works like the DLC in all previous mass effects, where it's a mission you get ingame. Not something separately selectable...who knows though. Do the early people even have access to it yet?

Guess the above post answered that for me, lol.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Ahahahah! Release date check FAIL :) I got until midnight.

I am glad I got the physical copy BEFORE the actual release date. Cool, EA doesn't have to worry about breaking the street date.

Zeliard

Are you guys gonna import or start a fresh character to level up normally? I find myself strongly considering not even importing, haha. Would be kind of neat to just start at level 0.

What happens if I use Gibbed to just edit my ME2 character to read level 0 but leave everything else as-is? Would it just screw stuff up?

It's available super early. (very light spoilers)
You can do it once you leave the Citadel for the first time.
It's a nice mission by the way. Definitely not Lair of the Shadow Broker good, but you do get a cool character out of it. I'll also say that the DLC is very lore important, but seemingly not main story important.

Thanks, well I might as well get it then. Even tough I confine myself to the main games I really do enjoy the lore.

Derrick01

Banned
Are you guys gonna import or start a fresh character to level up normally? I find myself strongly considering not even importing, haha. Would be kind of neat to just start at level 0.

I wanted to import but I'm not sure now. I'm debating with myself whether I want to finish the story I set up in 1 or get more RPG out of my game.

Bah. I was talking to an EA rep on Origin a couple of days ago and asked about doing a VPN/Proxy thing and was told that it's bannable. Not really sure what to do >.<

Dr.Acula

Banned
Okay okay okay, legit Q here.

I have the PC ME3, but I played the PS3 Amalur demo. Can I get the bonus stuff? I don't care enough to go through it on my PC.

Zeliard

I wanted to import but I'm not sure now. I'm debating with myself whether I want to finish the story I set up in 1 or get more RPG out of my game.

Yeah I dunno about starting at level 30. Presumably editing an end game save should work. Gibbed's save game editor lets you tweak your character's level, though not the powers, I don't think. If you changed the level to 0 I assume you'd start at level 0, though I'm not sure what it would do about transferring powers/skills.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So when will I be able to get the DLC on Xbox Live? I looked earlier today and it's not there...

Probably will be put up when they update the marketplace, around 5am est. If you have a code from the CE it must already work. *shrug*

Okay okay okay, legit Q here.

I have the PC ME3, but I played the PS3 Amalur demo. Can I get the bonus stuff? I don't care enough to go through it on my PC.

It uses the email of the EA account so I would think it works on any platform. It'd be stupid if that didn't happen.

rhino4evr

So do you start on level 1 if you don't have a save file? My 360 died and I am starting ME 3 from scratch on PS3 ;(.

Not that big of a deal..but would have been nice to start at Level 30 instead of level 1...that's a pretty big difference

i-Lo

If one was to create a game without importing saves at all (despite having them), does the game allow the anon to choose the outcomes of major events in ME1 and 2?

I don't know. Didn't they ban some guy from using all his Origin games because of one questionable post on the EA forums?

No, there was some goofiness about SWTOR, but I think the person got banned for an exploit in the end.

Wait, I do recall something about someone posting on the Bioware forums, luckily I'm not posting there or at EA. lol

abundant

If one was to create a game without importing saves at all (despite having them), does the game allow the anon to choose the outcomes of major events in ME1 and 2?

No. You just choose if Ashley died, Kaiden died, or numerous people died.

Rodhull

I'm playing Infiltrator on the iPad just now and at the first attempt at uploading intel to "Galaxy at War" and it's been stuck on the Uploading Intel screen for at least 10 mins.

It hasn't crashed but i'm guessing the servers for it are either swamped or just really slow. If it doesn't finish soon it'll put me off playing the game completely at this rate.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Top Bottom