• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

kai3345

Banned
Question for the people with Digital Deluxe versions, is the alternate appearance pack for all your squadmates or just the 4 in the initial CE pictures?

In RPG mode, in some conversations it seems shepard will converse with people without letting you pick a tone/topic ever aside from a paragon or renagade choice at the end.

wow what. RPG mode is the default mode right?

Yea I know how you feel, I could only get the regular edition b/c I completely forgot about this game.

At least you got one. Wal-Mart.com has been really good every time I order from them so I wouldn't worry at all.

im thinking im good, but I know my amazon preorders sit in shipping soon until after i get them...never really preordered at walmart.com

hopefully they will let you all in, it's still a little cold up here, remember having to wait outside on plenty of cold nights for other preorders back in the day...also knock over a magazine rack

Pollux

im thinking im good, but I know my amazon preorders sit in shipping soon until after i get them...never really preordered at walmart.com

hopefully they will let you all in, it's still a little cold up here, remember having to wait outside on plenty of cold nights for other preorders back in the day...also knock over a magazine rack

Oh, I will....

come back to the college basketball thread.

Karak

Is this in regards to reactions/responses, investigating dialogue, or just in general?

This is in regards to everything but moreso reactions and responses and less with investigating. What I DID notice about investigating is that in the other games you may have 5 options once choosing investigation this one has 2-5 and those VERY rarely break into even further detail. There also seem to be far less branching and rebranching than ME2 or ME1

In those games you may investigate which would then bring up dialogue options. Same here but FAR less than ME2. Maybe 1 time from 3 conversations. This of course would change if you talked to very important NPC's one after another but the average is appreciably less.

I wish I hadn't JUST played ME1 and 2 otherwise I would have noticed a good deal less.

Again play the game guys. Its just a different style than the others.

To unlock additional items for "Mass Effect 3", I only have to play the "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning" demo, not the "Mass Effect 3" demo, right?

Karak

I gotta say...maybe it's me but I really dont' see any difference with the amount of dialogue I was getting in 2... So far anyway (just got to the Citadel).

Then I personally say KEEP PLAYING and move on:) As I have exhaustedly said. Its just a different game:) Different things they are aiming for. Forewarned is always better though.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
With the PC version, can I buy a retail/physical copy, put in the serial code into Origin, and throw away the discs and never deal with physical media again? Basically, does a physical key register the game on Origin for all future use under your account?

DTKT

Gemüsepizza;35760628 said:
To unlock additional items for "Mass Effect 3", I only have to play the "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning" demo, not the "Mass Effect 3" demo, right?

Yep

But you need to play the Reckoning demo for 45min I think.

With the PC version, can I buy a retail/physical copy, put in the serial code into Origin, and throw away the discs and never deal with physical media again? Basically, does a physical key register the game on Origin for all future use under your account?

Yep.

Gemüsepizza;35760628 said:

I believe that's true. In Amaluer, you get one once you complete the tutorial and one once you play for 45 minutes, thus completing the demo.

I don't really give a crap about the extra dialog options (aka "tedium"), but so far I'm enjoying it. Though I would like higher resolution textures, I'm pretty damned happy with the performance overall. It's very smooth on this machine (GTX 560ti).

Spookie

Man the dialogue in the demo doesn't prepare you for the banter between your squad members. Some genuinely laugh out loud moments with (post 1st mission spoilers)
Garrus and Jack.

Karak

I guess, since this is the "last" game, there's going to be less world building and such, but that's still a bummer to hear.

It is but its a pretty big game, and well...lets just see how it all goes together:) I knew there would be 1-2 things that bothered me about it. Every game has something sadly.

Rokam

Sirta Foundation twitter is wrapping up, hopefully the others start to soon as well as East Coasters will be probably start heading out in an hour or so.

Edit: Doctor & Wong about to go all District 9 on the Reaper.

FHIZ

Anyone else bummed Infiltrator isn't coming out tomorrow too? I feel like if it links to the main game and helps you with your readiness or whatever, it should really be out tomorrow... I'll probably have beaten the game by the time it comes out.

RIP Emily Wong
EmilyWong1.png

smr00

Banned
The saddest part is the game is not even half as good as Gears is action wise, dont know why they keep trying.
Meh, Gears to me is one of the most bland mediocre shooters i have ever played with a very uninteresting story and characters.

The shooting mechanics might not be the best in ME but i play it because of the characters/story.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh wow hahaha...I just had my first lol moment in the citadel...

I went to talk to Khalisah al-Jilani, got the first renegade prompt but DID NOT EXPECT the second prompt hahaha...completly missed it. Ended up reload a save from 25min earlier justso I could go back and do the two prompts properly haha

God damn the game looks absolutely beautiful on PC - UE3 or not, I love the improvements. Citadel for the first time was like lying in a puffy cloud.

thetechkid

I think after I complete ME3 I'm gonna run through the series and see for myself if FemShep is just all hype or if I've been praising the wrong space Jesus.

Megasoum

Banned
God damn the game looks absolutely beautiful on PC - UE3 or not, I love the improvements. Citadel for the first time was like lying in a puffy cloud.

I agree. Sure if you look a bit too closely to the textures (especially the clothing) it's very low res but overall I am really impressed by the graphics. The lighting is even better and the overall image quiality is very nice.

Top Bottom