• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Riposte

I don't want any big spoilers/details really, but I'd like a black out list of ME2 party members who can become party members in 3. Feel free to pad out your answer if it is depressingly short.

Bowdz

"Release date check failed"

It's 12:02, get your shit together dudes.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

Udina.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg4eNKnpyXs

AColdDay

Agghhhh connecting to ea servers!!!!! Connecting to the servers seems like such a Paragon option, I wonder what the renegade option is?

how does the game scream soldier? it's freaking called mass effect...it's all about the special abilities. and i believe most cutscenes at least in ME1 was shepperd with a handgun...

How about you shut up and play what you want, and everyone else will play how they want. Sound good? Seriously, you care too much about what other people do with the game they spent 60+ dollars on?

Derrick01

Banned
Haha I'm an idiot. I finally got the connection part to go through and I forgot to change my settings.

Exited to change them and now I'm back waiting again :(

Hawk269

Does Beat Buy store pickup sometimes come online at like 4 am on release day? Ie maybe be able to do store pickup for a CE before opening?

Probably not. I have a few Best Buys around and all of them only got enough CE's for the PC in the amount that was pre-ordered. But I did not ask about 360/PS3 so not sure on that if those are the platforms you are looking at.

hlhbk

Release date check successful. I know there is a lot of Origin haters out there (including me) but this release has been right up there with Steam for best digital release I have ever been through.

"FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP!"-Manos: The Hans of Fate

Oh man have I been loving this so far. The combat feels just right in terms of responsiveness and controls. The story is great so far, along with sound and graphics. Runs great on my GTX460 maxed out.

Regard the third round:
You ducked, but I can still headbutt, Paparazzi!

Mr. Hyde

I have no time or patience to replay ME 1 and I never finished the last part of the second game. I will probably just pick this up on PC and find a ME2 save that resembles mine to play 3. I hope it's good!

RangersFan

me3ship.jpg

sigh...
i'm planning on buying pc version eventually, maybe i should just buy it now? though I know by the time I finish the xbox version it'll go on sale on origin for like $30

Demon Ice

Banned
Been playing all day with Origin offline thanks to the VPN workaround, midnight strikes so I decide to boot them game up with Origin online aaand....stuck on connecting to EA servers at the main menu.

-_-

At least I no longer have the slightest bit of remorse about using the VPN to unlock the game 12 hours early.

20yearoldnerd

Neo Member
i dunno why 80% of players choose solider, it's by far the most boring type. through the first 2 games and my around 9-10 playthroughs it is the only class i have no tried. vanguard is probably the most fun, high risk high reward style. but sentinal or infiltrator is probably the most rewarding. tech abilities imo if you know how to use them are the most effective. i think my favorite character i ever had was my me 1 sentinal with assault rifle bonus, he was unstoppable. i'll probably do vanguard once again for my first me 3 playthrough but because i've done vanguard almost 5-6 times now it's getting a little boring, plus mass effect vanguard was way better than me 2 one, even though ppl love charge. i suggest choosing anything BUT soldier...
Soldiers remind me of "Warriors" in most MMO's/Fantasy Rpg's.

hlhbk

So does all the other faces of the cast.

It's like a direct to DVD sequel!

Um based on the demo the default Sheppard, and Anderson's faces are exactly the same. Personally I though Ashley was an upgrade, and loved the demo. Can't wait to dive into ME3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeramii

Banned
where does my mass effect 2 save file need to be located to import it into 3? it doesn't show up in the list for my campaign... :'(

Alucrid

Banned
So ME3 was going to be delivered to the wrong address and I couldn't cancel it. So I ordered another copy to be shipped to my actual address and will just return the other when I can get my hands on it.

:|

Karak

Well the 360 version doesn't look half bad compared to the PC version. But still PC looks smooth.

Also...WTF at the lip synching. It is even more off looking than the 360 version.

Is the framerate at least improved in the final over the demo?

As I said earlier, i'm forced to play the PS3 version as Bioware won't accept my CC for DLC points

=(

WTF!! I converted my 360 save to pc and I created a save directory for ME2 but the option to import my character is not showing up. There is no way I am playing this game without my character..

Well the 360 version doesn't look half bad compared to the PC version. But still PC looks smooth.

Also...WTF at the lip synching. It is even more off looking than the 360 version.

I'm seeing a lot of PC screenshots that purport to be on highest settings that look way worse than what I saw on console.

Effect of console games rendering at a lower res, or is there a bug with some PC versions?

Replicant

Lyp-synching and facial animation (esp. Sheploo, who looks so wooden) are pretty bad. Which is unfortunate because if you black out the visual and just listen to some of the dialogues, they actually range from pretty decent to quite good. But it's all ruined by the lyp-synch and facial animation.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Somewhat early game, nothing huge, just a cool thing from ME2:
You run into David Archer from Overlord if you rescued him in the DLC. Really cool moment to put in.

CrazyDude

Can someone tell me in somewhat detail how the import looks like. I have multiple saves of the same character, so I am wondering how I am going to be able to differentiate them. Does it tell if I have done the DLC or not?

Tess3ract

Banned
I'm seeing a lot of PC screenshots that purport to be on highest settings that look way worse than what I saw on console.

Effect of console games rendering at a lower res, or is there a bug with some PC versions?
Most likely it's the high resolution coupled with being able to screenshot certain frames makes all the shit stand out more. I've heard console users say that to me before, then I just pick out better images.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Man, I need to bail out of this thread now that people are getting the game. All the impressions will kill me. Thankfully my CE will be waiting for me once I get home from work tomorrow.
3AQmK.gif
See you all then.

FHIZ

I've got to play infiltrator until the game gets here tomorrow. So far I like it, I thought it was going to be your standard iOS tps, but I'm liking the tap to lock shooting. Better then awkwardly fumbling with on screen controls.

Mergesort

I imported my me2 save and my femshep looks different, but i tweaked her a bit.
Hope you like her: 751.C9K.I33.G8G.JE4.1HT.6KE.411.I56.323.2FB.226

Dresden

Hmm, all the other release date deliveries usually got to my city by evening, but this time, it's still stuck in Phoenix . . . guess I can badger them into giving me extra credit if it gets here late.

Sai

Forgot to get the receipt with codes for the pre-order bonuses before I left Gamestop. I was in such a hurry to get away from that horrendous BO.

Ronabo

Downloading all DLC / preorder / CE stuff now.

I can say I've never seen so many women picking up a game for themselves before, that wasn't pokémon.

Top Bottom