• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Derrick01

Banned
So for people importing high-leveled characters--think the combat is still somewhat balanced? Or easier than ever?

I started at 30 and it's pretty easy so far but I'm only on normal. It got even easier when I was able to get a hold of my Infiltrator's sniper rifle. So far 1 shot takes everything out no matter where I hit it, but that's without shields and armor so I guess it's realistic.

Riposte

I don't want any big spoilers/details really, but I'd like a black out list of ME2 party members who can become party members in 3. Feel free to pad out your answer if it is depressingly short.

No answers? Perhaps it is too early to ask this? I thought the game was fully exposed at this point.

=O the paragon/renegade interrupts don't cause that weird pause slowdown anymore. Yessssssss that always annoyed the hell out of me.

Very early known character spoiler
God Vega is annoying already

Zeliard

There is level scaling right? If I mod my ME2 save to level 1, I won't be boned against higher level enemies?

Yeah there is scaling, and difficulty-wise there are no issues at the start; I'm definitely not facing level 30 enemies. It's easy even on Insanity, since it's tutorial stuff. All of the leveling up/scaling stuff seems to work just fine if you modify your char's level. Hopefully nothing buggy starts creeping up later on when the flags from past ME games start to come up, but it's likely to be smooth-sailing.

How do you get the 'face code' of a ME1 created guy? Is that even possible?

What happens if you take a ME1 face into ME2 and then do some slight modification? Does it pop out a code?

JambiBum

So does anyone with the 360 copy see the from ashes dlc anywhere? I didn't get the CE and wanted to download it but can't find it on the marketplace even though the alliance news network ticker says it's available.

Gunpriest

Neo Member
What in gods green christ filled pastures is wrong with that chicks eyes in the first pic? And her cheek is...black hole-ing.

Kill it with...killing things!

lol, she might not be the prettiest, but she is badass and very good in killing things with... killing things!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
No answers? Perhaps it is too early to ask this? I thought the game was fully exposed at this point.

I'm basing this off a picture of alternate costumes, so it might not be the full squad list, but if it is then Tali, Garrus, and Liara.

Derrick01

Banned
I've already found one gameplay thing that I don't like regarding the mod system

Apparently when you pick up an upgrade everyone can use it at the same time. It should only be 1 at a time to enforce more player choosing. Do I give ___ to shepard or will it be better used on Ashley?

ampere

Uhhhh anyone else having an issue where importing your shepard's face gives a different face than what you used in previous games? I mean, it's not a big deal since I used default and can select that, but it still seems odd.

Here's the face I'm getting:
rqKXy.png

Walshicus

Okay, so activated...

Now I didn't have Mass Effect 2 on PC, but I've got hold of a savegame that has the same choices I made on 360. Where do I need to put that file for it to be seen in ME3?

This read runs fast, so quick question.

For Mass Effect 2, do we need both the discs to play DLC(Lair of the Shadow Broker to be specific) or is Disc 1 sufficient enough to download and play it?

Thanks.

Derrick01

Banned
Hahaha (small but cool kill spoiler)
I sniped some cerberus guardian (those guys with the big shield) through the tiny slot at the top where they look through. Blew his damn head right off and got credit towards some kind of achievement

whenever i see the me3 menus i'm reminded that i'll probably like this game more than me2 simply on the principle that it's blue instead of eye-straining red and black.

Shadow Broker = exceptional, get it nao
Overlord = good, you should play it even after beating ME2
Kasumi = kinda good but best if played before suicide mission, otherwise skippable imo
Arrival = bad except for the last 10-15 minutes, and the important decision doesn't do anything

PS3 version it is for me then, framerate be damned

At least I can buy both ME2 and ME3 on PSN and run it off mai SSD

rozay

Banned
This read runs fast, so quick question.

For Mass Effect 2, do we need both the discs to play DLC(Lair of the Shadow Broker to be specific) or is Disc 1 sufficient enough to download and play it?

Thanks.
Illium is on disc 2, so you need it to access the mission unfortunately.

RetroMG

Luckily my house is literally around the corner for my preferred GameStop. I'm going to walk in right now and finalize my copy, then come back at 12:15 to pick it up.

I waited for the midnight launch of Skyrim and I realized that I'm too old for that shit. And a lot of these kids don't take showers or use deodorant.
My Gamestop apparently does a number system now, based on when you finalize your receipt, which is awesome. Got my number and now I'm chilling on my car until 11:55. (About 15 minutes away.)

Riposte

I'm basing this off a picture of alternate costumes, so it might not be the full squad list, but if it is then Tali, Garrus, and Liara.

Heh, knew all that already (so does anyone following PR). Basically another way of saying "none".

Gunpriest

Neo Member
Can anyone confirm if transforming an ME2 360 savegame into a PC savegame and then importing it into ME3 PC actually works? Although i preordered the NA 360 version i might be tempted to pick up the PC version if it doesnt arrive by friday.

Edgeward

Why the hell is everything overshadowed in this game? (pc version) In the intro when you meet an old friend, half of her face is covered by shadows.

Zertez

My apologies if this has been asked recently, but when is the review embargo up? I would have figured a few positive reviews would have been out by now, but lack of any reviews at all is odd imo.

My apologies if this has been asked recently, but when is the review embargo up? I would have figured a few positive reviews would have been out by now, but lack of any reviews at all is odd imo.

12 AM PST, 3 AM EST. This is a standard EA practice for all their games now I believe, don't take it as anything on the quality of the game.

jimmy5150

The first embargoes lift at Midnight PST, so we've got an hour before the first reviews start hitting.

Edit: Beaten....

ampere

God the facial animations look weird. Mouth movements are really shaky and awkward looking (playing PC version).

How are you guys getting your mass effect 2 saves detected?!?

My ME2 saves are here (Windows 7):
C: / users / USERNAME / my documents / bioware
Within that folder is mass effect, mass effect 2, and mass effect 3

I was thinking the same thing. It's odd. edit: Answered above, I see.

Zertez

12 AM PST, 3 AM EST. This is a standard EA practice for all their games now I believe, don't take it as anything on the quality of the game.
Ahh thanks, didnt know EA followed the same review practices with all of their games. I was thinking maybe they would allow a few early reviews, if they rated the game highly, similar to how some other companies.

Uhhhh anyone else having an issue where importing your shepard's face gives a different face than what you used in previous games? I mean, it's not a big deal since I used default and can select that, but it still seems odd.

Here's the face I'm getting:
Same exact issue. What the Hell.

Grisby

Played about an hour and a half.

I'm in love. It's Mass Effect man, and its great. Meeting friends and shootin fools.

The reapers really know how to make a first impression with those landings, damn.

Top Bottom