• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Elhandro

....while i am waiting for my game to install i will pass on my rage / extoll my hate for people who talk like they are posting on GAF..

First Rule of GAF....we dont talk about it in the real world

Second Rule....Shut the Fuck up in line while I am patiently waiting for my game, I did not need to hear how the game was spoiled for you and then you proceed to fuck up everyone else s enjoyment of the story.

Third Rule....we never say "I heard on NeoGaf"....shit is irritating.

Lesson learned, I hate midnight launches with savages, never again.

Zeliard

Armor textures get better after that opening level. Dunno what was up there.

I'm liking the speedier combat so far. I didn't read up on any of ME3's new features so I was surprised to find I can now wield a sniper rifle (and assault rifles) as a Vanguard right off the bat, with seemingly no penalties (except weight, I guess). I'm pretty much right at the start of the game and I'm currently holding 5 different types of weapons. And Charge continues to be awesome.

I also like the other tweaks like the hybrid health system. Step above full regen health, at least (and those god awful red veins or whateverthefuck seem to be gone). Medi-gel now has a purpose again besides reviving.

And the much smaller HUD is greatly appreciated. Playing at 1920x1200, the HUD now takes up far less screen space than the one in ME2, as it should. Loading times are also much faster.

Vire

....while i am waiting for my game to install i will pass on my rage / extoll my hate for people who talk like they are posting on GAF..

Second Rule....Shut the Fuck up in line while I am patiently waiting for my game, I did not need to hear how the game was spoiled for you and then you proceed to fuck up everyone else s enjoyment of the story.

I only heard one arrow in the knee joke so I consider myself fortunate.

Armor textures get better after that opening level. Dunno what was up there.

I'm liking the speedier combat so far. I didn't read up on any of ME3's new features so I was surprised to find I can now wield a sniper rifle (and assault rifles) as a Vanguard right off the bat, with seemingly no penalties (except weight, I guess). I'm pretty much right at the start of the game and I'm currently holding 5 different types of weapons. And Charge continues to be awesome.

I also like the other tweaks like the hybrid health system. Step above full regen health, at least (and those god awful red veins or whateverthefuck seem to be gone). Medi-gel now has a purpose again besides reviving.

And the much smaller HUD is greatly appreciated. Playing at 1920x1200, the HUD now takes up far less screen space than the one in ME2, as it should. Loading times are also much faster.

I believe gcd is faster the less weapons you have on so having all those guns will probably hinder vanguard effectiveness.

Oh man same here. I went to the midnight launch for Batman Arkham Coty and while there was no NeoGaf talk or spoilers, the general discussion in the line between people was infuriating. I briefly considered a midnight launch for ME3, but than decided against it.

I pose another question then

How important was the DLC in Mass 2?

I mean, could I really just Wiki it and be satisfied?
Shadow Broker was the big one right?

thanks

Shadow Broker = exceptional, get it nao
Overlord = good, you should play it even after beating ME2
Kasumi = kinda good but best if played before suicide mission, otherwise skippable imo
Arrival = bad except for the last 10-15 minutes, and the important decision doesn't do anything

Dresden

Last midnight launch I went to was for Dark Souls (bought one of three copies sold that night, apparently; everyone else was in line for the NBA game and/or Rage). The smell was pretty bad, cramped as everyone was inside that small stuffy Gamestop store.

Really hope my copy gets here tomorrow.

Pollux

Just got home. Art director for the game was at te GameStop. On phone so will update later with the crazy shit that went down and with impressions of the game.

Zeliard

I believe gcd is faster the less weapons you have on so having all those guns will probably hinder vanguard effectiveness.

Ah interesting. Only really need the shotty as Vanguard anyway. :p

Sucks that you can't seem to check your weight limit/load-out from the menu. They should have allowed the ability to transfer weapons around your squad mid-mission, especially now that there are weight limits and such.

hlhbk

Man sucks I gotta work in 7 hours. Time to go to bed. That being said I swore off all midnight launches when I walked into the midnight launch for Batman AC at gamestop and they were letting people play through the campaign with the volume all the way up so you couldn't miss it.

REV 09

game plays and looks great on pc...though there are hardly any graphical settings to tweak. It still looks super crisp at 1080p/60fps. I'll also say that the N7 Arsenal pack that comes with the deluxe edition has some nice weapons in it. The Argus "preorder" rifle is just ok.

hlhbk

game plays and looks great on pc...though there are hardly any graphical settings to tweak. It still looks super crisp at 1080p/60fps. I'll also say that the N7 Arsenal pack that comes with the deluxe edition has some nice weapons in it. The Argus "preorder" rifle is just ok.

Do the armour textures still look like ass?

Zeliard

Another small-but-welcome tweak: the addition of an exclusive attack button for teammates, so they don't use their powers when you have them target a particular enemy.

Luckily my house is literally around the corner for my preferred GameStop. I'm going to walk in right now and finalize my copy, then come back at 12:15 to pick it up.

I waited for the midnight launch of Skyrim and I realized that I'm too old for that shit. And a lot of these kids don't take showers or use deodorant.

Zeliard

the N7 armor textures don't look bad, the under armor...or whatever shep was wearing during the intro didn't look too hot.

Heh yeah that thing makes for a bad first impression. Shame because the environment you're fighting in looks pretty cool.

The textures on the actual armors aren't bad this time around, though you'll probably still want to dl a texture pack at some point. Some of the textures around the environments can be pretty rough.

And yay for mid-mission leveling up. No more Illusive Man round-up screen.

Load times on xbox?

Anyone?

from the playthrough that I'm watching they seem to be quite acceptable. On par with ME2, if I remember ME2 correctly. Perhaps a bit longer, but not much. There is no elevator 'you need to see this shit' anyway.

And let me just say here that the presentation of ME3 is lightyears ahead of ME2. I've seen a lot of stiffs (ha!) in my time with ME2 and ME3 seems to cut those down to a bare minimum. Quite an improvement.

Zeliard

Wtf, why wont it recognize my me2 face?

It didn't recognize mine either. I ended up just copy/pasting the code and it was fine. I actually like the way my char looks even more now. It's very similar yet slightly different due to more detailed texturing or whatever. He looks slightly older, which is fitting.

Wtf, why wont it recognize my me2 face?

This. Which is weird since I used default Shepard o_O

It gave me some random Black guy with a big nose. Maybe I didn't use default shep like I thought?

@Remij Yes only 14mb and like no install for Me3 after the patch.

It didn't recognize mine either. I ended up just copy/pasting the code and it was fine. I actually like the way my char looks even more now. It's very similar yet slightly different due to more detailed texturing or whatever. He looks slightly older, which is fitting.
Yeah, just inputted my code and it comes out fine. Little bit older like you said.

Zeliard

I hope I don't run into any screw ups since I imported my level 30 char but reduced him to level 1 via Gibbed. :x Everything seems to be smooth so far and it detected all my decisions during the import, so it should work out.

Gunpriest

Neo Member

Karak

I tried the savegame extraction yesterday and used the code on the demo.

FemShep ME1&2:
https://dl.dropbox.com/0/view/91th3ynuvi7aez4/Photos/Foto 05.03.12 21 17 31 (1).jpg

FemShep ME3:
https://dl.dropbox.com/0/view/lvwidbalzmf9oo0/Photos/Foto 05.03.12 21 10 23.jpg

I think i will go with the official FemShep. I really like her. Redhead. Green eyes. Freckles. Sold. :D

What in gods green christ filled pastures is wrong with that chicks eyes in the first pic? And her cheek is...black hole-ing.

Kill it with...killing things!

Top Bottom