• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

MBison

Walmart in my area not sounding like they will have any Collector's Editions. Does anyone know if Walmart should actually carry some? Its far enough away where it would be annoying to go up there for no reason. And the clerks aren't exactly the most knowledgable trying to give me info over the phone.

Sigh.

golem

Is there a bigger version of this:

original.jpg

Zeliard

Quick impressions:

+ if the first level is any indication, environments have gotten a huge visual boost. If it keeps up throughout, exploration should be a lot more fun if only to see new locales. Still has the chest-high wall stuff due to the cover system, but at least it doesn't seem to just be a bunch of boxes and crap randomly scattered around like 90% of the levels in ME2. Again, if it keeps up.

- unfortunately the textures on character armors/clothing are still awful. if you're coming into this post-Texmod, it's gonna be a very rough contrast

+ people who played the demo probably already know this, but combat feels considerably faster and snappier. Everything from the act of shooting to reloading to running around seems much speedier than in ME2, and the tweaks to the cover system are welcome (especially the ability to circle around a piece of cover without standing; that got annoying in ME2 on Insanity)

Barely played any so far but that stands out off the bat. The start is super linear and set-piece-heavy so it's hard to tell much of anything else yet.

So what's the hot class of this game?

I kinda wanna go soldier with my 'main'. But I'm a bit tired of plain old shooting these days :/

I heard good stuff about vanguard, but never touched that in me2.

Nori Chan

Lol, couldn't cancel my Gamestop order in time—just got the shipping confirmation e-mail. So I guess I'm getting two ME3 CEs at my doorstep tomorrow.

Wanted to avoid the hassle, but I guess I'll try to sell it along with the preorder bonuses.

Hello there ;)

I would love to have a talk with you is it 360?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
PC version - is there any reason to buy it on Origin? Does the Amazon version just give me a code to download from Origin?

Derrick01

Banned
PC version - is there any reason to buy it on Origin? Does the Amazon version just give me a code to download from Origin?

You can download the Amazon version, at least I saw a download link on mine. But the game requires Origin so when you boot it up you'll likely have to install it, like a steamworks game.

It's less of a hassle to just download Origin and put the CD key Amazon gives you in.

Nori Chan

Zero it sounds like to me. The Walmarts around me all claim to not be carrying the CE. Have you called?

I tried getting the Hardened edition of MW3 from the closest walmart near me and they didn't have it even though I talked to a guy there saying they will get some copies.

i was pissed :mad:

megalowho

On the Normandy..

Just stumbled upon the Port Observation Deck and lol'd at how pimped out it is. Space poker, space bar, game chair, 80's furniture.. wonder which character ends up hanging around in here.

bjb

Banned
I was going to go tonight and pick this up, but I feel pretty jaded by BioWare already - with SWTOR and all.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Oh Emily Wong, you will be remembered. :(

RangersFan

So what's the hot class of this game?

I kinda wanna go soldier with my 'main'. But I'm a bit tired of plain old shooting these days :/

I heard good stuff about vanguard, but never touched that in me2.

i dunno why 80% of players choose solider, it's by far the most boring type. through the first 2 games and my around 9-10 playthroughs it is the only class i have no tried. vanguard is probably the most fun, high risk high reward style. but sentinal or infiltrator is probably the most rewarding. tech abilities imo if you know how to use them are the most effective. i think my favorite character i ever had was my me 1 sentinal with assault rifle bonus, he was unstoppable. i'll probably do vanguard once again for my first me 3 playthrough but because i've done vanguard almost 5-6 times now it's getting a little boring, plus mass effect vanguard was way better than me 2 one, even though ppl love charge. i suggest choosing anything BUT soldier...

Top Bottom