• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Replicant

Amazon shipped mine!

0zzno.png

i dunno why 80% of players choose solider, it's by far the most boring type. through the first 2 games and my around 9-10 playthroughs it is the only class i have no tried. vanguard is probably the most fun, high risk high reward style. but sentinal or infiltrator is probably the most rewarding. tech abilities imo if you know how to use them are the most effective. i think my favorite character i ever had was my me 1 sentinal with assault rifle bonus, he was unstoppable. i'll probably do vanguard once again for my first me 3 playthrough but because i've done vanguard almost 5-6 times now it's getting a little boring, plus mass effect vanguard was way better than me 2 one, even though ppl love charge. i suggest choosing anything BUT soldier...

I choose soldier because the game screams soldier. Most cutscenes in the series gives you an assault rifle. The covers have you welding an assault rifle.

Hmmm with the new weight system and how boring soldier skills look, vanguard might rock. Doesn't hurt that they revamped the melee system with a 3 hit combo thing and stabby. Fuck it.

Jill Shepard will have a career change!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Over/Under on the chance that Origin dies when it's time to unlock me3? Since they're EA servers, I'm going with 70% chance.

Hahahaha, oh god. I really hope not.

Derrick01

Banned
Hahahaha, oh god. I really hope not.

Whether it was on 360 or PC I've never played an EA game this gen that didn't have severe online problems for the first week or two. Except I could always still play those games offline, server problems here means no play until it's unlocked :(

RangersFan

I choose soldier because the game screams soldier. Most cutscenes in the series gives you an assault rifle. The covers have you welding an assault rifle.

Hmmm with the new weight system and how boring soldier skills look, vanguard might rock. Doesn't hurt that they revamped the melee system with a 3 hit combo thing and stabby. Fuck it.

Jill Shepard will have a career change!

how does the game scream soldier? it's freaking called mass effect...it's all about the special abilities. and i believe most cutscenes at least in ME1 was shepperd with a handgun...

Derrick01

Banned
I bought the physical copy just incase the servers are slow as crap tomorrow.

It will be my luck that the game isn't even actually on the disc.

I don't think it is since it's an origin-works games. I have no idea how it works there but with steam the game installs but it won't fully install unless you have Steam or get Steam.

Big Chungus

Wrex died in my ME1 playthrough, never bothered to restart it when ME2 came out so continued the game without him..

Does he have a big part in ME3?

Should I start a fresh game or should I import my 360 save to the PC and edit who survived in the previous 2 games?

RangersFan

My Amazon release day delivery order still has not shipped!

Maybe should have just got it digital on PSN.

Same here. Are you in NY?

Yes in NY are we getting screwed?

I'm in NY and mine shipped.

I remember one of my titles shipped a bit after midnight (I live in ny).

im scared, i once had a RDD (nhl 12) that wasn't delivered till THURSDAY!!! and even then it only came because I called them and harassed them until they called UPS and had some dude deliver it to my mail box in his own car around 10pm. the thing pissed me off to no end cause it was "out for delivery" since like 5am on release day.

how does the game scream soldier? it's freaking called mass effect...it's all about the special abilities. and i believe most cutscenes at least in ME1 was shepperd with a handgun...

Lol I always thought Shepard was space marine as they get. And you use your teammates for voodoo magic support.

MBison

Does Beat Buy store pickup sometimes come online at like 4 am on release day? Ie maybe be able to do store pickup for a CE before opening?

Karak

Arg. Another old teammate dealt with like a fucking disposable razer. BIOWARE WHY?!? Write just a couple sentences at least for shit sakes.

Where is Wrex when I need him?

But I did get to throw up some more dance moves. Shepard...dances like old people fuck but gawd damn I laugh my head off each time.

Lol I always thought Shepard was space marine as they get. And you use your teammates for voodoo magic support.

It basically works like other RPGs, where your teammate's class practically defines half their personality while Shepard can be a sniper or a future psychic wizard or whatever and it's no biggy.

Massa

Wrex died in my ME1 playthrough, never bothered to restart it when ME2 came out so continued the game without him..

Does he have a big part in ME3?

Should I start a fresh game or should I import my 360 save to the PC and edit who survived in the previous 2 games?

I think the whole point of Mass Effect is to carry on the decisions you made through the trilogy.

If you want to experience Wrex in Mass Effect 3 you can do it on a second or third play through.

(btw I have no idea what role he plays in the game, I'm going in all dark into ME3).

RangersFan

i mean of course he's a space marine, but it's the future where once humans learned about mass effects fields all technology and biotic abilities leaped forward exponentially. i dunno i just find it kind of run of the mill if you choose 'soldier' class where every other shooter has you as a 'soldier' so much more fun using biotic and tech abilities, that's what pretty much got me playing several playthroughs to try out all the different classes. and out of all the save files i have soldier is the only class i don't have

Top Bottom