• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So, confirmed no controller support in the PC version?

Also, what happens if you don't import a character? Do you start at level 1, or do you get a level 30 starter character?

jimmy5150

So, confirmed no controller support in the PC version?

Also, what happens if you don't import a character? Do you start at level 1, or do you get a level 30 starter character?

Definite no on controller support right now. You could probably use some third-party software to bind stuff to your liking though.

-GOUKI-

fuuuuuu.jpg

Why can't i fucking import my save?!?!? I see my character in the import mass effect 2 screen but it only gives me the option to change career. The import button doesn't do anything!!!

Zeliard

One thing that sucks: they've got some enemies throwing grenades at you behind cover, which is presumably meant to get you to move around more. This is fine in that you're now much faster and more agile both in and out of cover, so it's okay when they're throwing them at you.

What's stupid is that Bioware didn't seem to program anything into the friendly AI to tell them that grenades are bad and they should probably move out of the way when one gets near. Grenades on Insanity are incredibly damaging, at least in the early game, and teammates seem oblivious to them.

Friendly A.I. also seems dumber in general, like making ill-fated attempts to get into melee range versus 5 guys with assault rifles. It's pretty cool watching them smack around someone in melee till you realize they're not doing much damage, and then they proceed to get owned by the guy's buddies (at least on Insanity). :p

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
For people playing it, how early does the secret character come into play in the story ? is it relatively early as in immediately after the beginning or some time into the game ?

pakkit

Banned
2 hours in, and the visuals are massively improved. Bioware really nailed the directed experience. I still sense that I'm in the tutorial, however, so I'm waiting for the galaxy to open up.

Wow, just got up and checked the twitter feed again to see how it ended.
Can't believe
Emily Wong died
I had the hopes of seeing her around.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I miss Kelly, but Traynor is very likable so far. The first few hours were iffy but now that the game is opening up, I'm getting really in to it. Too bad it's so late, I won't be able to play again till tomorrow night :(.

So I'm about 2 hours in at this point just reached the first hub area. I don;t why people were saying there aren't any dialogue choices, because there have been several probably at least 10, which is a lot considering how linear the whole experience has been so far. I suspect other people have posted as much, but figured I'd chime in to try assuage some people fears if they were still concerned. Oh I should also say beside some of the weapons I don't think I've seen any reused textures and in a lot of case there are new models for things. I'm honestly surprised about that since the previous game reused a ton of assets.

ampere

Wow the missions after the intro are soooooooo much better. The intro (was this the demo level? I didn't play the demo) was meh, but after that it gets good.

Damn, the graphics look great, especially with SGSSAA and Ambient Occlusion. And I'm using an Xpadder profile to play with my 360 controller.

Still, fuck you Bioware for not providing native 360 controller.

I'm surprised GiantBomb is the lowest score so far after all the ME2 love. Looking forward to the bombcast to see if anyone else has different opinions.

Moaradin

Ok so I just did the mission after intro from the demo(will not name just for people who are on blackout). OMFG this is amazing right now. I also edited my ME2 save to level 1 so now I have all my choices but I get to start over. This game is so good right now. The dialogue on this mission is great.

A 100 from Eurogamer? This game must not mess around. Curse having to wait three days longer than other people.

Also, my Neogaf account just got activated after like five months. I feel strangely honoured.

Top Bottom