• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Dis Chick
idWGAUcaOaz5p.gif

Ok....? I still don't know who she is nor do I care. The nerd-rage about her being in the game is stupid.

Going to pick this up later. Excite!

Is it sad that I'm more interested in the Multiplayer? Don't get me wrong, I love me some Mass Effect story, but dat Multiplayer...

Grisby

Does the multiplayer spoil a lot of locations from SP? Or is it separate maps?

I was gonna wait till after SP but I kinda want to get ahead with the Galactic Readiness deal.

Does anyone know if there are any time-sensitive missions, a la the Suicide Mission in ME2? (A simple yes or no is fine. No spoilers!)

I'm finding myself rushing to story events, because I'm afraid if I do sidequests, negative consequences will happen.

Zeliard

That is straight bullshit. The camera used while your gun is drawn looks terrible while exploring and I always found myself holstering my weapon following every battle. I really dislike being stuck running around with a gun drawn.

No holstering sucks, and moronic to have kept out of the PC version if the reason was system resources. They automatically put you in civilian gear now when they know you're not going to be using your weapons, i.e. at the Citadel. I always enjoyed running around places with my squad, all three of us decked out in gear.

Given that the galaxy is now at war, it seems more apt than ever for Shep to keep his gear on when outside of the ship. :p Especially at the Citadel, since a Reaper recently tore half that place apart.

Even then that's not as bad as running around like a goon with your gun drawn while on a mission, despite having no enemies around. No more holstering with a squadmate making a quip about how everything's clear :<

The_Monk

Does changing the difficulty setting make any diference regarding more XP earned or is just about the challenge?

Thanks in advance.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
No holstering? WTF

Why would you ever remove something so small, yet so important.

Rolling and stabbing animations were more important for them, i think. And the consoles(read 360 i bet) couldnt handle more and they didnt bother giving them for PC which could have easily handle it.

That's one part that i agree was just lazy on Bioware's part.

Barely off Earth and I already hate Vega.

Hope he gets less annoying as the game progresses.

He does, so far for me he's more in the background than I imagined.

I'm enjoying the game much more than ME2, a lot more. Didn't think I would after that demo. We'll see how it pans out. Obviously some design decisions I'm questioning...

I disagree, PC port runs fantastic for me?

Ha, this is the point where I drop out of Official Threads. The posts come in so fast it's impossible to keep up. I'm not even going to be able to start the game tonight because I failed to finish my last minute ME 2 play through in time.

AEREC

Got my Limited edition 360 version from Amazon just now and there is a big ass dent in the bottom of the Steel Book that houses the game.

Is it possible to get an exchange on amazon just for that?...I can live with it but I am a little annoyed that I pay that much for an item to have it appear damaged.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Cramped FOV, no controller support, 2 options for graphics, low res textures, compressed FMV.

In other words, an exact copy of the 360 version. Except with no discs swapping, better framerates, possibility of high res mods later like ME2 and no official gamepad support.

imokwiththis.jpg

Derrick01

Banned
Just finished the DLC mission. It was somewhat entertaining and relatively informative on lore, but I'm not sure if it was worth $10 yet. I haven't had a chance to use the new squad member in battle so I can't comment on their effectiveness.

Something I'm starting to notice is that this game still has boxed in areas during combat but they are much bigger in size and with different points of attack. Bioware seems to have fulfilled that particular promise.

Petrie

Banned
Got my Limited edition 360 version from Amazon just now and there is a big ass dent in the bottom of the Steel Book that houses the game.

Is it possible to get an exchange on amazon just for that?...I can live with it but I am a little annoyed that I pay that much for an item to have it appear damaged.
Contact support and they will at least give you a $10-20 credit.

So is the answer to that Multiplayer question a spoiler or something?

Everyone is up in arms about the fact that you have to play Multi to get the best ending but I can't see anywhere were someone explicitly said HOW MUCH you actually have to play it.

20 Hours?

To a certain level?

On all the maps?

With every Class?

With every Species?

With every Class, Species, and Gender?

So is the answer to that Multiplayer question a spoiler or something?

Everyone is up in arms about the fact that you have to play Multi to get the best ending but I can't see anywhere were someone explicitly said HOW MUCH you actually have to play it.

20 Hours?

To a certain level?

On all the maps?

With every Class?

With every Species?

With every Class, Species, and Gender?

You don't have to play the MP to get the best ending. For the 1000x time.

In other words, an exact copy of the 360 version. Except with no discs swapping, better framerates, possibility of high res mods later like ME2 and no official gamepad support.

imokwiththis.jpg
I was perfectly happy with K+M with ME1 and 2 but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't struggling with all the new cover, dodge and roll mechanics.

K' Dash

Fuck UPS, I won't be able to play this over the weekend if they don't deliver the game in the next hour.

fuck fuck fuck fuck :mad:

You don't have to play the MP to get the best ending. For the 1000x time.

No, I know, I read that, but, you know. To what point of the Multiplayer do you have to play to MAKE UP for not having to do every nook and cranny of the SP?

I understand you don't HAVE to. I'm not one of the people making THAT argument.

Kem0sabe

Just finished the DLC mission. It was somewhat entertaining and relatively informative on lore, but I'm not sure if it was worth $10 yet. I haven't had a chance to use the new squad member in battle so I can't comment on their effectiveness.

Something I'm starting to notice is that this game still has boxed in areas during combat but they are much bigger in size and with different points of attack. Bioware seems to have fulfilled that particular promise.

I hope it´s more like Shale and less like Zaeed. Shale was hilarious and essential in every DA playthrough...

Standard UPS shipping time for Amazon's Release Date Shipping:

Scheduled Delivery:
Tuesday, 03/06/2012, by 3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)

End of day can be as late as 7pm.

And at my current house, it's always 7pm. :(

kiryogi

Banned
It's a little upsetting that I couldn't import my character properly since I had a ME2 save from ME1. . .

I saw there's a work around for this, but I don't have a 1gig + flash drive :/

Top Bottom