• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Did anyone actually agree to have Jessica Chobot on their ship? I told her to fuck off real quick.

I did, but I had no clue who the hell she was (outside of the game). Mostly I was trying to figure out
if she was wearing a sports bra combo, faux military getup or bizaree future fashion
More important for me
was headbutting that other reporter lol

Ronabo

Anyone experience any issues trying to install the 360 version?

I've tried now twice to install the game once while logged into live and once while not. I get to 80% done or so and then the system will shut down and reboot.

Official 250GB HD fat system.

Did anyone actually agree to have Jessica Chobot on their ship? I told her to fuck off real quick.

I will probably do the same. Nothing will totally pull you away from being immersed in this incredible futuristic sci-fi world, then real-life Jessica Chobot talking to you. First that Felicia Day Dragon Age shit now this? Now I don't mind people being in the game, but fuck...at least change the way they look. I'm not fighting along side the video game representation of Freddie Prince Jr. or getting in arguments with someone who looks exactly like Martin Sheen.

K' Dash

I will probably do the same. Nothing will totally pull you away from being immersed in this incredible futuristic sci-fi world, then real-life Jessica Chobot talking to you. First that Felicia Day Dragon Age shit now this? Now I don't mind people being in the game, but fuck...at least change the way they look. I'm not fighting along side the video game representation of Freddie Prince Jr. or getting in arguments with someone who looks exactly like Martin Sheen.

the fuck is this Jessica Chobot shit?

Anyone experience any issues trying to install the 360 version?

I've tried now twice to install the game once while logged into live and once while not. I get to 80% done or so and then the system will shut down and reboot.

Official 250GB HD fat system.

Installed both discs. But thats the only thing thats gone right. Neither my ME1 or ME2 saves are recognized so I have to start from scratch. This would be AS big an issue to me if they let you choose between the game changing options from the previous two games.

BUT THEY DONT.

Did anyone else not get the option to change difficulty? If I wanted to go for the insanity achievement right off the bat I would have to create my character over again and choose the difficulty before starting the game.

I have no idea where my bestbuy pre order bonuses should come from.

The character creator is really bad namely the appaling lack of options including the female hairstyles.

One silver lining from this mess is the Chakram Launcher from the KoA demo, that thing kicks ass.

SSX had a 10 dollar credit too along with a bonus code for a snowboard. The code for the board showed up the same day as the game (release day). My code for the 10 dollars showed up a day later. No reason to panic.

I don't even know who Chobot is.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Do the decisions from ME1/ME2 make a big difference in ME3?

Probably only the big decisions like killing the Rachni queen or not or giving the Collector base to Cerberus or not.

I don't expect stuff like "hey remember that Asari mercenary in Samara recruitment mission that you let live before learning she was a murderer? WELL GUESS WHO'S BACK!" to happen.

TheContact

I'm sure this has been asked a bunch of times and I apologize for not having the time to read this whole thread but could someone explain the day1 dlc to me? I just took a break and picked up the ME copy and the guy also sold me some day1 DLC. I'm aware of the "spoiler" party member I guess but what kind of DLC is it? Just a party member with couple extra missions? Worth it?

Also I pre-ordered from GameStop. Is the pre order bonus any good? Hope someone can answer this for me while I'm at work =)

This may have been answered already, but:

Is there a reason I wasn't presented with any difficulty/story mode/RPG mode options at the beginning?

Zeliard

I had to go look up who she plays. Didn't really recognize her in the game, but that's also because I couldn't care less and haven't seen her much, since I never go to IGN. Hilarious how some people get caught in up in that sort of shit and have it negatively affect their experience. It isn't healthy to have so much hate. :<

JambiBum

This may have been answered already, but:

Is there a reason I wasn't presented with any difficulty/story mode/RPG mode options at the beginning?

If you imported a character then it automatically puts you into RPG mode. Difficulty you have to change through the options though.

Zeliard

That was dealt with (in the most pathetic way) in ME2.

Yeah but it's got ramifications in ME3.

One of the cool things about this game is that they finally seem to have made choices you made in previous games matter in some meaningful way, due to the whole "galaxy at war" scenario. It means your past alliances with other races/organizations and past fucking-them-over should come back to haunt you in some fashion.

It's probably the most effective thing they could have done to tie past choices to the main storyline. I don't think we're talking CD Projekt-levels of choice here, but Bioware has never really done that, and this method seems to actually be fairly slick.

aknbad30

Banned
Dis Chick
idWGAUcaOaz5p.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Probably should have replayed ME2, or at least the ending. Can't remember who didn't make it on my game. Think it was the lizard-guy assassin.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
You can't put it back with the Back button on 360 anymore?
That is straight bullshit. The camera used while your gun is drawn looks terrible while exploring and I always found myself holstering my weapon following every battle. I really dislike being stuck running around with a gun drawn.

Sigh, I hate Amazon sometimes :/

Greetings from Amazon.com.

You saved $0.03 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

The following title(s) decreased in price:

Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition
Price on order date: $79.99
Price charged at shipping: $79.96
Lowest price before release date: $79.96
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $0.03

$0.03 is your total savings under our Pre-order Price Guarantee.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
A 10 second piece of dialogue on Omega.

Actually you talk with an Asari on Illium that got rescued by the Rachni Queen, and it last longer than 10 secs. I wanted more than that too, but i guess we had to wait for ME3 for that.

That is straight bullshit. The camera used while your gun is drawn looks terrible while exploring and I always found myself holstering my weapon following every battle. I really dislike being stuck running around with a gun drawn.

EXACTLY how I feel and how I always played ME2 as well

Without going over a ton of posts I have 2 questions: how's the ps3 version and is the day one dlc worth it? Thanks for any responses.

PS3 final is more or less the same as the demo performance wise (there's entire walkthroughs already up on YouTube). Terrible for cutscenes and tolerable for gameplay

Some say it looks a bit better in the IQ department though

No disc (multiple) swaps though

Top Bottom