• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Ilive1up

If you want the From Ashes DLC, which is $10, then yes. The CE is only $10 more if you're going to buy the From Ashes DLC anyway. The extras are good, if a little unspectacular, but then this is an $80 CE, not $100 or more.

yeah, i just went with it. i had a 10 dollar credit anyway and the free shipping is a plus. i'll get it sometime next week.

aloeh

Neo Member
Weee... now to wait until 8th... lol.
Damn Origin.

0F8JD.jpg

U can use some vpn solution to unlock early.

Dresden

1 gb is the minimum requirement to use a flash drive on the 360, around what I used.

You just need that single save to grab the face code, though. The whole process took about five minutes for me and the results were pretty good.

Zeliard

Aww, so recruiting
Dr. Chakwas
is a renegade choice :(

Haha, I told
Chakwas
to bugger off because their character animation in ME2 creeped me out. :p

I recruited
Dr. Michel
instead.

1 gb is the minimum requirement to use a flash drive on the 360, around what I used.

You just need that single save to grab the face code, though. The whole process took about five minutes for me and the results were pretty good.

Did anyone who transferred a face, whether by USB or just regular face code, end up getting a character with weird eyes? Everything about my transfer was perfect except for the eyes, which seem like they're not really, uh, sitting properly on the face. Something about the lids.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

I'll have to try the editor listed. I use a different editor, and I wasn't able to get the one listed to even run (or download) on my machine.

Has anyone tried to respect their ME2 character, leave all the points unspent, and then import the character into ME3? If so, do you have all your unspent points from ME2 available to spend in ME3?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Got my ME3 nibblies ready.

10n23k.jpg

Now...I wait.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Could someone rehost the editor used in the ME1 face code tutorial? The Gibbed Save editor I use is vastly different than the one listed, and the site in question gives me a 404.

Dresden

Did anyone who transferred a face, whether by USB or just regular face code, end up getting a character with weird eyes? Everything about my transfer was perfect except for the eyes, which seem like they're not really, uh, sitting properly on the face. Something about the lids.

My character looked like he had eyeshadow on, from certain angles. Might be that certain eye styles just don't exist anymore or were changed too much--I certainly couldn't find a match when I was trying to create a similar character from scratch in the demo.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Could someone rehost the editor used in the ME1 face code tutorial? The Gibbed Save editor I use is vastly different than the one listed.

You don't even need Gibbed's. Visit the two websites in the tutorial if you'd prefer. One lets you upload your save files (in either 360 or PC) format, and export the YAML face mesh. Then upload the YAML mesh to the second website, and it will give you the code.

Gibbed's lets you skip the first website by letting you explore the YAML from the program instead. I know it's on the BioWare Social Network, but I don't have a link handy sorry.

thetrin

My character looked like he had eyeshadow on, from certain angles. Might be that certain eye styles just don't exist anymore or were changed too much--I certainly couldn't find a match when I was trying to create a similar character from scratch in the demo.

Man, it's a good thing they changed how character creator works, breaking import, especially in a series where one of the MAIN FEATURES is importing a character from game to game.

Good job, Bioware.

You don't even need Gibbed's. Visit the two websites in the tutorial if you'd prefer. One lets you upload your save files (in either 360 or PC) format, and export the YAML face mesh. Then upload the YAML mesh to the second website, and it will give you the code.

Gibbed's lets you skip the first website by letting you explore the YAML from the program instead. I know it's on the BioWare Social Network, but I don't have a link handy sorry.

Er, the first site requires a YAML. You can't upload pcsav files directly.

Unless there's something I'm missing, you need the editor to extract the YAML.

Gartikker

I'm sorry, if it's been answered many times already, but if anyone can answer this it would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately i don't have my previous saves anymore due to my harddrive breaking, are there options to choose from what happened previously or am i skrewed?

So, I never played ME1 and 2, Do I need to play those before playing me3? If so is there a benefit to getting them on the same console I'd get me3 on?

I hope some sort gamepad supports get patched in though I won't get my hopes up. I don't mind playing on M/KB but I'd prefer to play this type of with a gamepad on the couch.

Ilive1up

So, I never played ME1 and 2, Do I need to play those before playing me3? If so is there a benefit to getting them on the same console I'd get me3 on?

I'm not sure if you need to, but you'd be missing out on a whole lot if you didn't. get ME1 and ME2 on 360 and play them. It'll make ME3 that much better (haven't played ME3, just assuming).

Zeliard

It's probably going to be very annoying to jump into ME3 without at least getting a decent grasp on what happened in ME1 and 2. Dunno if you want to go through them both, though character interactions in ME3 will naturally have more meaning if you do. But I'd say at least read some plot and character summaries before playing ME3.

thetrin

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but why would you play the finale to a series you've never played? This is like watching the last season of Lost and expecting to get something out of it.

Go play the rest of them. You'll actually get something out of it.

Double D

Yes to everything. They're all great games. I know you want ME3 because it's the 'new game', but you'll be much happier if you go through the trilogy.

How is the PS3 version? I thought ME2 was just as good as the 360 version, except it had horrible loading times. Is it better to go with the PSN version?

Zeliard

Has anyone tried to respect their ME2 character, leave all the points unspent, and then import the character into ME3? If so, do you have all your unspent points from ME2 available to spend in ME3?

The only thing I've done in that fashion is reduce my level 30 import char to level 1 through Gibbed. When I started the game I was just at level 1 with no extra EXP like I would have been just starting a new game (with the benefit of keeping continuity with previous games).

I imagine if you tried removing spent points in ME2 and then transferring a level 30 character, you'd end up with a level 30 guy with points already allocated into pre-determined places. Dunno what would happen since I basically did it the other way around.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Well this is a clusterfuck. I have the CE ordered from amazon, I had the standard preordered from gamestop but wasn't planning on getting it. My dad picked it up anyway...and they gave me 3 codes on the receipt, one of them being From Ashes.

The_Monk

How is the PS3 version? I thought ME2 was just as good as the 360 version, except it had horrible loading times. Is it better to go with the PSN version?

I don't know about ME3 since I'm waiting for my CE to arrive but I got the ME2 from PSN and it was good. The loading times were fine except when you wanted to go to your room in the Normandy.

Aside from that it was good, maybe if you have more free space on your HDD the loading times can go faster, I know that can make a big difference regarding installing the game.

thetrin

ME3 just arrived from Amazon via UPS. Exactly the time I expect it to arrive every time I order a game. I love how they work like clockwork.

I'll delve into character creator during my lunch break.

CrazyDude

Well this is a clusterfuck. I have the CE ordered from amazon, I had the standard preordered from gamestop but wasn't planning on getting it. My dad picked it up anyway...and they gave me 3 codes on the receipt, one of them being From Ashes.

You should give me that code. :p

Top Bottom